Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

I saw the video of Koo at Talk Nomad show.

I should have taken notes when I was watching.

So it is not in any order. I basically remember what Koo said because the others are very much intellectuals, at least in my opion. and I did not quite understand them...Their words, etc are too sophisticated and difficult for met to get.

I heard that this program explores and visits locations that became the backdrop of famous movies, books, etc.

They were at Kwangwon do.

Koo said that Kwangwondo means a lot to her because she made her documentary about Huh Nan Sul Han, her first short film (Cheerful Caretaker) and it is also a location where Newly Wed was filmed for her and her husband. 

She also met Lee DongJin (one of the MC's) who is a film critic and Koo said that his review of her first movie Magic or YoSool was extremely negative. Lee DJ was apologetic, but Koo calmly said that she really appreciates that she got a feedback from a renowned critic and it is her honor. 

They were talking about how script writers create conversations in  dramas. They started to analyze it!! Koo, when asked, says that the way she thinks about conversations for her movies is, what if I don't say or insert anything here. To her, too much explanations and words are almost an attack to one's thinking and feeling space. She knows what she wants to say, but she would rather not say in order to let people fill in with their own thoughts, experience, etc. She also said that when she and her husband have conflict of views, she becomes quiet. Nobody talks. She then laughs and says that the one who feels more urgent starts talking. (keke) Then, they talked about famous novels that also utilized Koo's concept. 

She also talked about silence and importance of it. She loves the nature and so she is very comfortable in woods like they are in. She talked about taking up scuba diving and how she really enjoys the ocean and water--it gives her a feeling of being in a forest with that sound when she is diving through water. It makes her more reflective and centered.

Then they talked about where they get influence for writing. One writer talked about how he searches for inspiration. Koo says that inspiration comes to her via feelings and thoughts, but especially from things and people she loves, like her family. She says she resembles her father a great deal. She is very similar to him in many ways but also because she wants to learn and emulate him more and his way of living life. He grows all kinds of things and raises all kind of animals and he shares with his neighbors. 

When asked about who does she wish her child resembles more. She says, laughing, that she would like the child to resemble her a lot, even 100%..because she wants the child to be very independent and self-reliant. 

I am not sure if there was anymore...but she is returning for part of the next episode this Friday KST. 

I read one blogger who sort of reviewed Talk Nomad..how she or he enjoyed the show. S/he says that there are a lot of people who do not understand or basically put Koo down for what she is doing. But she realizes that Koo is someone who does what she loves and although she wants to interact and communicate with people, Koo is not necessarily a type of person who seeks understanding or adoration from others. And, how s/he felt that is not necessarily a bad thing. (I think this is the type of independence and self-reliance that Koo was talking about. To live in this tough world, how essential it is to have a strong sense of self that can stand alone even if no one else is willing or wanting to stand with you.)

Fighting Koo and Fighting Sunnies!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&no=140532&page=1

Hi Sunnies!!!

November 9th (119) is Koo's birthday!!

DC-Koo gal is starting a drive to start preparing for her birthday gift.

If you click on that link, it has a paypal account set up already for international fans.

Same great organizers EVERGREEN and LATTE of last year just volunteered to lead the drive.  Much gratitude to Korean fans and esp to Evergreen and Latte.

Please do what you can.

Thanks Sunnies.

paypal is:

khkedu@daum.net

Hi Emily D

What is that ytube link you posted?

When I click, it is not available to me.

Thank you

• Like 7

I did not get to watch 2nd part yet.

Wish I have more time.

I skimmed through few articles.

I also saw a clip that was edited out of Talk Nomad-

credit to Korean DC-Koo fans

Koo was showing the men how she sometimes enjoys her ramyun. One really liked it, the rest said, it is edible. kekeke I did not watch it seriously to see what she puts in it....looked like soybean paste, can of tuna, crushed toasted seaweed. Those 3 ingredients are pretty much Koo's favorite ingredients. There was something else, but did not see it clearlly.

Later...this week is a killer...

justa little bit from articles that I read...Koo says she does not have much faith in love. But, she believes in people she cares about.  So, she tries to lead people she cares about to her. (I  was not ??) But, she says she sees herself a lot in her husband. Once, she was judging(?) her husband and realized that it was herself. She finds that she and her husband are very alike. I saw one part of the video when Koo was giving out the gifts to the mc's. She gave out her books to the 3 men, but she gave a book that she gave her husband to Kim KuRa the main mc. The title was basically to live your own life and forget about what others say. When her husband was down from the poor rating of the Blood drama, that is the book she bought for him. Kim Kura recently divorced and also suffered panic attacks...it was an appropriate gift. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was watching a bit of PD Nah's Dictionary of Useless Knowledge...it was the episode where they are visiting a small basement where Michelangelo supposedly had to live in hiding in his 50's. It was discovered in 1970's and found that even in hiding, Michelangelo made tons of incredible sketches on the walls. At that moment , I heard the beautiful music of Koo's Winter Story from beginning to end...while one of the mc was moved to tears by Michelangelo ...I was also very moved by  Koo, PD Nah using Koo's Winter Story and of course Michelangelo . Long time ago,,,Koo mentioned how she loved a book gifted by her art teacher...about becoming like Michelangelo ....as one of the MC mentioned...life is unexpectedly so cool...

PS...let me make a correction: actually I think the book's name was How to become more like Leonardo DaVinci...keke...I have been her fan since 2009 and some facts are becoming faint...keke...and that is how some Koreans made fun of her by calling her Koonardo....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@cheerkoo  thank you sis....Because of you, i know more about KOO HYE SUN and started to like KOO HYE SUN even more as a person than actress. 

On 10/7/2018 at 12:23 AM, cheerkoo said:

I did not get to watch 2nd part yet.

Wish I have more time.

I skimmed through few articles.

I also saw a clip that was edited out of Talk Nomad-

credit to Korean DC-Koo fans

Koo was showing the men how she sometimes enjoys her ramyun. One really liked it, the rest said, it is edible. kekeke I did not watch it seriously to see what she puts in it....looked like soybean paste, can of tuna, crushed toasted seaweed. Those 3 ingredients are pretty much Koo's favorite ingredients. There was something else, but did not see it clearlly.

Later...this week is a killer...

justa little bit from articles that I read...Koo says she does not have much faith in love. But, she believes in people she cares about.  So, she tries to lead people she cares about to her. (I  was not ??) But, she says she sees herself a lot in her husband. Once, she was judging(?) her husband and realized that it was herself. She finds that she and her husband are very alike. I saw one part of the video when Koo was giving out the gifts to the mc's. She gave out her books to the 3 men, but she gave a book that she gave her husband to Kim KuRa the main mc. The title was basically to live your own life and forget about what others say. When her husband was down from the poor rating of the Blood drama, that is the book she bought for him. Kim Kura recently divorced and also suffered panic attacks...it was an appropriate gift. 

Sis....Please translate second episode of KOO HYE SUN talk nomad show. Didn't You watch yet?!

• Like 5

DC-Korean Koo fans are still collecting funds for Koo's Birthday on Nov 9th.

Deadline is Oct 21st.

paypal is:

khkedu@daum.net

(@dc, few pix of gift ideas)

So far they collected, including Paypal funds, about 74mon won or about $650.00--is it correct?

Some are talking about a long warm down coat for her.

Some are thinking about eye massager(?) or pillow for good sleeping (good pillow cost 125mon won!!).<-- wow!

Koo did say she has trouble sleeping...I wonder what would be good??

NO matter what gift, they still want to get her a cake and a basket of flowers.

If you can, give what you can...or if you have a good idea for a gift, give them an idea. They will do all the work and take it to Koo's agency.

Thanks Sunnies.

Sorry that I have not gotten around to watching the Talk Nomad more carefully to translate.

I did skim it very quickly...Like articles, Koo does say she does not have much faith in love, but she actually says she believes in herself. She also says she believes in people she cares about. She says she tends to lead people she cares about towards her...(I wish she elaborated on that a little more...?? She did say that in response to someon who said that love cannot be controlled. Maybe Koo is saying she tries to have more control??? Could not tell. Koo at times talk in puzzles like her art works and writings and movies...I think.) She also says, regarding her husband, they are so very alike...she often sees herself in him. 

She has not posted IG as often these days...Her husband is posting more often...keke

Have a great week Sunnies.

Stay healthy! You too Koo!!!

• Like 6

On 10/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, cheerkoo said:

DC-Korean Koo fans are still collecting funds for Koo's Birthday on Nov 9th.

Deadline is Oct 21st.

paypal is:

khkedu@daum.net

(@dc, few pix of gift ideas)

So far they collected, including Paypal funds, about 74mon won or about $650.00--is it correct?

Some are talking about a long warm down coat for her.

Some are thinking about eye massager(?) or pillow for good sleeping (good pillow cost 125mon won!!).<-- wow!

Koo did say she has trouble sleeping...I wonder what would be good??

NO matter what gift, they still want to get her a cake and a basket of flowers.

If you can, give what you can...or if you have a good idea for a gift, give them an idea. They will do all the work and take it to Koo's agency.

Thanks Sunnies.

Sorry that I have not gotten around to watching the Talk Nomad more carefully to translate.

I did skim it very quickly...Like articles, Koo does say she does not have much faith in love, but she actually says she believes in herself. She also says she believes in people she cares about. She says she tends to lead people she cares about towards her...(I wish she elaborated on that a little more...?? She did say that in response to someon who said that love cannot be controlled. Maybe Koo is saying she tries to have more control??? Could not tell. Koo at times talk in puzzles like her art works and writings and movies...I think.) She also says, regarding her husband, they are so very alike...she often sees herself in him. 

She has not posted IG as often these days...Her husband is posting more often...keke

Have a great week Sunnies.

Stay healthy! You too Koo!!!

thank you so much for this update, and its less than a month for koo birthday, i can't wait for it....

and today koo just updated IG, she show us her wedding ring bouquet that her husband designed, so beautiful...

i miss her so much, i wish to see her in new drama or tv again...but i just pray for her health and happiness in her life..

Edited by rizu28
  • Like 4

Sunnies, 

did you see Koo's latest IG?

Finally she shared her wedding gifts designed by her husband.

Just uniquely beautiful.

I think she is wearing the ring and the others are earrings and necklace? I remember AJH saying in the first Journey to West show that he himself is designing a ring, earrings and necklace and I think he also said a bracelet for his bride to be.

Koo said: 

kookoo900

꽃다발 결혼 반지디자이너 안서방AA.Gban  Flower Bouquest Wedding Ring Designer Husband Ahn AA.Gban 

I have not the time to watch the new drama with her husband AJH but I see its rating is excellent and read the headline that AJH and his leading lady in the drama have great chemistry. Kudos and Bravo!!!

Have a great week Sunnies!!!

Fighting and Fighting!!!!

• Like 6

Sunnies,

DC-Korea for Koo is keeping its Paypal account open until Oct 28th.

We have until Sunday, 28th of Oct to give what we can.

paypal acct: khkedu@daum.net

So far they have collected about 약 79만원 79monwon.

They set up this link at this dc page.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=guhyesun&amp;no=140568&amp;page=1

Click on that link and you have choices as to what to gift for Koo.

They are taking the gift survey until 23rd of the October.

https://form.office.naver.com/form/responseView.cmd?formkey=NDg5OGY4ZDItMjdiZS00ZjY4LWJiODQtMTM1MmVmOTE4ZTkw&amp;sourceId=urlshare

Top 4 is general survey

1.cake and gift

2.flower bouquet and gift

3. cake, bouquet and gift

4.only gift

Next 9 are specific type of gifts generated by people: (choose upto 2; gift will be affected by funds available)

1. eye massager

2. padding/jumper

3. pillow for sleeping

4. shoes

5.perfume

6. diffuser

7.knit sweater, one piece

8.winter gloves

9.stand (?)

You can scroll through various dc-Koo pages to see any pix of gifts recommended by fans.

Thanks Sunnies!!

• Like 4

On 10/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, cheerkoo said:

Sunnies, 

did you see Koo's latest IG?

Finally she shared her wedding gifts designed by her husband.

Just uniquely beautiful.

I think she is wearing the ring and the others are earrings and necklace? I remember AJH saying in the first Journey to West show that he himself is designing a ring, earrings and necklace and I think he also said a bracelet for his bride to be.

Koo said: 

kookoo900

꽃다발 결혼 반지디자이너 안서방AA.Gban  Flower Bouquest Wedding Ring Designer Husband Ahn AA.Gban 

I have not the time to watch the new drama with her husband AJH but I see its rating is excellent and read the headline that AJH and his leading lady in the drama have great chemistry. Kudos and Bravo!!!

Have a great week Sunnies!!!

Fighting and Fighting!!!!

yess,,,,i already saw it, its so beautiful i'm glad she shared it with us XD 

but lately she never posting her selfie again, i miss her so much T.T 

i know its up to her for whenever or whatever she posted on ig, but i wish to see her selfie at least once a month :(

i wonder if she is really busy nowaday, i hope she will always keep healthy...

and i watched her husband drama, its so interesting and funny, AJH already did his best for this drama, i pray for his success...

• Like 6

Ku hyesun as the ambassador for Korean Fine Arts Association will be participating in with Art Fair 2018 which will be held at Songdo Convencia from 31st of October 2018(preview day) to 4th of November 2018.Ku's booth will be located at booth no.21.

And,'MYSTERY PINK' will have a special screening at the Seoul Independent Film Festival (SIFF) which will be held from Nov.29 to Dec.7 2018.The film was selected under special invitation- a section which introduces controversial and New Korean Independent Film.

credits to sun_bits

Congrats Koo!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1