[JDrama] Rich Man, Poor Woman 2012 Summer Drama - Oguri Shun, Ishihara Satomi

Guest shinhaku

Guest shinhaku

Richmanpoorwoman.jpg

Synopsis

Oguri Shun plays Hyuga Toru, an affluent man whose personality is on the contrary, speckled with flaws. A CEO of an IT firm who is published on Forbes as a billionaire, Toru attained his fortune through chance and pure luck. A woman who meets Toru and eventually becomes attracted to him is Sawaki Chihiro, played by Ishihara Satomi. Chihiro is a hardworking college student at Tokyo University who has prepared for her future as much as she possibly could through studies and obtaining licenses. Despite her efforts, she has yet to land a job. Upon meeting Toru, she begins to unravel a genuine pureness inside him and solitude resulting from such pureness, which eventually draws her closer to him. The two repeatedly conflict each other, but little by little learn about one another to grow and develop together.

Despite the worldwide recession and financial difficulties, there are people like Mark Zuckerberg who began work from merely an apartment room or a garage that end up growing to be companies generating over ten billion dollars revenues after merely 10 years or so, embracing their new found wealth by living the dream life. Whether it's a game or application software, Ecommerce, or other IT related firm, there are more than a few who rose in fame to such status in recent years. On the other hand, Japan's unemployment rate for new grads dropped to a record low and those who want to work are unable to, or their wishes to work at their company of choice is not granted.

A Cinderella story of the real world. Will the two be able to compromise their values and lifestyles to become a happy couple? -- Fuji TV

Src: dramawiki

I can't believe there's no thread for this dorama! It's such a good drama. I haven't seen any good jdrama in a while. Does anyone know how many episodes it has?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shinhaku

I found the official FB page. they have photos of the staff https://www.facebook.com/RichMan.PoorWoman . Btw, I was searching for ep 5 summary and found this detailed summary of ep 5 http://bit.ly/RA31V1 !!!!! Can't wait for the sub!! I hope there'll be at least 11 eps. Don't like how jdrama is always too short!!

Guest mystisith

One of the very good dramas from Japan which landed on my screen recently (also Legal High and Hungry!). Good script, good actors. Great OST. Not a single boring scene. A clever, feel good drama full of emotions.

Guest shinhaku

yes Legal high was a really good one! I've seen some of the first ep of Hungry but didnt get much impression from it

btw, i found some cute screenshots of ep 5 here http://www.vingle.net/posts/43664

Screenshot2012-08-08at100754PM.png

Screenshot2012-08-08at100849PM.png

Guest 3nityblood

great drama!Oguri Shun's acting is getting better.
but the plot of the drama is pretty obvious how the ending will turn out like. =0

Guest shinhaku

Written Preview for Rich Man Poor Woman Ep 6

Hyuga calls a press conference to discuss the leak of all the personal files. He explains that the leak of the personal files is currently being investigated, and there are no signs that any outside sources have breached their security network. But the Board of Directors continues to pressure Hyuga, and the stock price of the company plummets. This situation causes
employees of Next Innovation to be walking on eggshells.

Because the company still holds considerable amount of personal files, the company undertakes an investigation of all employees. Despite the surveillance camera footage, no one suspicious is spotted.

Yamagami decides that they still need to hold on to the personal files until the new dies down. Makoto is asked to get an update about the investigation into the leak. At that time, Asahina brings up the fact that in two weeks, Makoto’s internship will be up and her contract over, so she shouldn’t be tasked with this matter. Makato wants to take on this project and asks to be allowed to do it, but Hyuga decides not to.

On the other hand, to increase patronage at the restaurant, Yoko decides to use the extra ingredients to run a cooking workshop. She asks her rival the sous chef to help create the menu. Makoto is busying preparing for the upcoming Board meeting and runs into Yoko. Makoto is very affected by what she thinks is Yoko and Hyuga’s relationship, and she wonders what will happen if Yoko becomes Hyuga’s wife. Hyuga is home depressed from the Board pressuring him to take responsibility for the leak. He calls Makoto, but she is with Asahina at the restaurant and doesn’t hear his call. At that time, Hyuga’s doorbell rings….

Source: http://koalasplayground.com/

via http://www.vingle.net/Rich-Man-Poor-Woman

Guest jade_frost

It's one of the better monday dramas to come along in a long time. I like the tone of the drama but I find the acting average and the character arcs rather predictable.

Guest shinhaku

I think the plot is interesting enough to keep me following the drama. I'm glad someone is do the recap on http://www.vingle.net/Rich-Man-Poor-Woman . this site is known for having contributors doing live recap for kdrama but im just happy that i can read recap for this drama while waiting for the sub and it seems whoever doing it posts the fastest recap too.

Translated the lyrics to Hikari E by Miwa, Japanese version (which is not the English remix version), but the translation probably isn't perfect... It should give you an idea. I tended towards more of the non-literal translation (i.e. word for word) I also had to shuffle the order of the lines in order for the translation make sense. (Since some verbs are on the second line... but connected to the first line, etc.)

Feel free to correct, but please DO NOT COPY from soompi without written permission.

光え
Hikari e
To the Light

理想現実ワンクリック
ヒカリの速度に変わっても
地球の裏より遠い距離
アダムとイブにはなれない
悲しみの生まれた場所たどって
その傷優しくふれて癒せたなら

Risou genjitsu ONE CLICK
Hikari no sokudo ni kawatte mo
Chikyuu no ura yori tooi kyori
ADAM to EVE ni hanarenai
Kanashimi no umareta basho tadotte
Sono kizu yasashiku furete iyasetanara

One click can change an ideal reality
at the speed of light.
At the furthest distance of the earth,
Adam and Eve can't separate
Follow the birthplace of sorrow
There the wound can be healed with a gentle touch

あふれる思い
愛は君を照らすヒカリになれる
切ないほどに
たとえ描く未来
そこに私がいないとしても
今はそっと抱きしめてあげる

Afureru omoi
Ai wa kimi o terasu hikari ni nareru
Setsunai hodo ni
Tatoe kaku mirai
Soko ni atashi ga inai to shite mo
Ima wa sotto dakishimete ageru

Overflowing emotions
Your love can become a shining light
Even if the drawn future is painful
Even if you do not have me there
I'll gently embrace you now.

運命だって引き寄せて
輝き続けたいよ
奇跡だって起こせるって信じたい
信じたい

Unmei datte hikiyosete
Kagayaki tsuzuketai yo
Kiseki datte okoserutte shinjitai
Shinjitai

Even as fate draws near
I want to continue to shine
I want to believe even a miracle can happen
I want to believe

遠慮配慮言葉の最後
感情希望重ねても
心の奥まで伝わらない
(ホントの声を聞かせて)
すべてのことに終わりがあるなら
苦しみさえ
いつか消えるはずだから

Enryo hairyo kotoba no saigo
Kanjou kibou kasanete mo
Kokoro no okumade tsutawaranai
(Honto no koe wo kikasete)
Subete no koto ni owari ga arunara
Kurushimi sae
Itsuka kieru hazudakara

Reserved considerations for last words
The feeling of hope builds
transmitted to inside the heart
(I want to hear your real voice)
All of this can come to an end
Even if it is painful
it will vanish someday

あふれる思い
愛は胸を焦がす痛みに変わる
愛しいほどに
たとえ世界中の声なき声に
責められたとしても
私が全部受け止めてあげる

Afureru omoi
Ai wa mune wo kogasu itami ni kawaru
Itoshii hodo ni
Tatoe sekaijuu no koe nakigoe ni
Semerareta to shite mo
Watashi ga zenbu uketomete ageru

Overflowing Emotions
The love burning in your chest changes into pain
because it's so beloved
Even if the world's voice is crying
Even if you are blamed
I'll stop all the blows for you

人は悲しみを知るために
生まれて来たの?
そんなことない
もっと愛を知りたい

Hito wa kanashimi wo shiru tame ni
Umarete kita no?
Sonna koto nai
Motto ai wo shiritai

People know sorrow
Why was I born?
They don't know why
They want to know love more

孤独がぬくもりを知るためにあるのなら
幸せはいつだってそこにあるのに
Kodoku ga nukumori wo shiru tame ni aru no nara
Shiawase wa itsu datte soko ni aru no ni

There is loneliness so you can know the warmth
Happiness after all is always near you

あふれる思い
愛は君を照らすヒカリになれる
切ないほどに
(人は悲しみを知るために…)
たとえ描く未来
そこに私がいないとしても

今はそっと抱きしめてあげる

Afureru omoi
Ai wa kimi wo terasu hikari ni nareru
Setsunai hodo ni
(Hito wa kanashimi o shiru tame ni...)
Tatoe kaku mirai
Soko ni atashi ga inai to shite mo
Ima wa sotto dakishimete ageru

Overflowing emotions
Your love can become a shining light
Even if the drawn future
(People know sorrow)
is painful
Even if you do not have me there
I'll gently embrace you now.

運命だって引き寄せて
輝き続けたいよ
奇跡だって起こせるって信じたい
信じたい

Unmei datte hikiyosete
Kagayaki tsuzuketai yo
Kiseki datte okoserutte shinjitai
Shinjitai

Even as fate draws near
I want to continue to shine
I want to believe even a miracle can happen
I want to believe

Guest lilmariah35

A very fun romantic dorama. The story is moving quite fast, there's no filler.
Oguri Shun is incredible in this role. I can't get enough of the chemistry between him and Ishihara Satomi.
I think I like it.

Guest shinhaku

screenshot20120814at122.png

Recap Summary for ep 6 is out by somnia on Vingle http://www.vingle.net/posts/45024-Rich-Man-Poor-Woman-Japanese-Drama-Recap-Summary-Ep-6

Guest natsumi1430287076

Ahhh these two are trying to kill me!!! OMG! I'm melting!!! :D
Definitely one of the best scenes in Ep 5

383894_409928955738284_1964879504_n.jpg

credit: https://www.facebook.com/RichManPoorWomanOfficialFanpage

Guest jadedbeauty

Oguri Shun is one of my favorite japanese actors so I knew I had to try out this drama. I've only just started and I've already watched the first 3 episodes in one night! It's pretty good so far, Oguri plays his character sooooo welll. I'm not familiar with the actress who plays the main girl but I am impressed with her acting so far. I love an actress who can cry well, lol. 

A lot of jdrama's I've watched always either drags or ends terribly so I hope this one doesn't! 

Guest kayana20

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS J-DORAMA. IS IT MONDAY YET? What a beautifully slow lovestory but I hope they keep the OTP I want together but it's moving too slow now. Please listen and put Natsui and Hyuga together they can have the brains, power, and romance. Hoping for a miracle in Ep 7.

Guest shinhaku

haha is it monday yet is the #1 asked question for this drama.

screenshot20120817at102.png

saddest scene ever :( .

Makoto to Hyuga: I'm glad I got to work with you (with tears in her eyes and her usual bright smile on her face :((( )

cr: http://www.vingle.net/posts/45700-Rich-Man-Poor-Woman-Ep-7-Preview-Discussion

Episode 1-4 was great, 5 and 6 dragged a little in my opinion. I guess I look forward to interactions between Hyuga and Makoto too much. Grr. I didn't like episode 6 at all, especially the very last part! Hyuga angers me! Oh well...hopefully he kissed her because he imagined her to be Makoto since he had a little alcohol in him haha.
One thing I don't like about this drama is the fact that every episode introduces a new character and a new problem. I don't know, I like dramas to concentrate on one concrete story line and work around it, building up to the climax. This is one of the reasons why I don't really like to watch Jdramas, because every episode has a subplot. Whatever though, I still like this drama because I absolutely love the cast!  

Archived