People that abuse the ABUSE/FLAG button for reactions.

Guest bakane18

orangeman said: Isn't the point of the flag to report spam or abuse? If you do it correctly, it is fine. The giant banner on top says to not abuse it for personal conflicts.
If it is a real annoying problem, is there a way to add a "disagree" option? These can presumably just be ignored and deleted every few hours. The other two, spam and abuse, are then reserved for real issues and repeat offenders shall face the consequences. I don't know if moderators are afraid to moderate for fear of backlash or are split on a consensus or what but you are in the position to make proactive decisions.

I forgot there was an up/down-voting feature in the past version of the forum. It had its share of abuse although I feel that superficial system took the pressure off the "Report" button which, if I recall correctly, needed a valid reason and probably prevented a lot of people from randomly clicking on it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

I don't think putting a disagree option would do any better than the other stuff that have been tried. Such things won't get people to actually have to post. It's a lot easier to click on a button than it is to add your own thoughts in a response. It's better when the forum has people contributing more directly on the site. In the same way that people are abusing the flag button, I can say the same about people doing it with the awesomes and lols. Something like this (reputation system) isn't turning out well. Many posts have a comment to gain reactions. It takes away from having quality posts and discussion. Which is what the forum needs more of.

Guest Lonesome Dove

so this person attacked me personally and accused me of multiple accounts cause she did not agree with me I flagged her post the forums needs better handling of abuse issues 

• 1 month later...

i accidentally hit the flag button on someone on, without knowing it.  now they are unset with me.  is there anyway to 'unflag' someone or have someone remove that flag on their file?  can you please let me know?  thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived