[Movie 2011] Quick 퀵

pechumori

Guest myphim

@farstrep and @sia3

I'm here with pizzas from Papa Johns. :))

iSRWCBhe09Ap0.jpg

By the way, I didn't know they have Papa Johns over there in Korea. :))

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest farstrep

@myphim: Me neither. :))

I've brought some desserts for you guys.

float.jpg

Some information on Independence Day in Korea (Detective Seo will make a mention of this in the opening act of the film):

“The official Independence Day of South Korea is celebrated on 15th August, though the actual day of independence was on August 13th 1948. The official date which is 15th August, 1945 was not the day the South Koreans attained final autonomy from Japan. It was only on 13th August, 1948, that South Korea was fully liberated from any sort of outside administration. For political reasons, first President of the country I Seung-man, chose 15th August, instead of 13th as the official Independence Day of South Korea.

The Independence Day of South Korea commemorates the freedom from decades of Japanese occupation and the formation of the South Korean republic. Subsequent to the 1905 Taft-Katsura agreement, the Japanese took control of Korea in the year 1910. They restricted the political freedom of the Koreans and also took control over the Korean economic and communications systems. The Japanese further attempted to assimilate the people of Korea into their culture.”

For more information, check out this website: http://www.123independenceday.com/south-korea/

Guest myphim

vangsweetie637 said: Hi gals. I'm here just for a bit. I am on my way home from work now..so stopping by to say :-h

I hope my family meeting is not long :)) I want to join movie night too.

Passing by while on my way to college :-h

Thanks for starting the thread and joining us @pechumori

@Farstrep Tnx for the many review and BTCs. Personally I don't care about the negative reviews. I'll watch it and come up with my own review.

It's 8 sharp...let the fun begen!

Guest farstrep

@dr25: It's nice of you to drop by. :-h Enjoy college! :))

We'll give the rest another ~12 minutes. We'll start at 5.15am, according to the time stamp on this thread.

Guest Anomalous

Hello moviegoers. :-h  Am I late? Has the movie started yet? I think I will watch it live, so I will rant or rave at will. :D

@myphim: hello :-h how are you feeling now? I hope its good news...and fast news :)) I had a long day at work and would like to just chill and relax..:))

@farstrep: how are you feeling now too?

I don't know who is on right now..I'm using my phone which I don't like but its better than not being able to come on..lol.

Guest farstrep

EDIT:
We can start our online viewing now. @myphim and @everyone? NOW! :P

@vangsweetie637: I'm better now. Thank you for asking.

@dr25: Bye! :-h See you later!

Guest farstrep

In the opening scene, we are greeted by a gang of bikers speeding and pulling off dangerous stunts on their motorbikes. Apparently, it’s Independence Day in Korea that day.

openingscene1_zps7d72cca4.jpg

These bikers ought to be kept off the roads. They are just an accident waiting to happen. Tsk! Tsk!

bikers2_zps3ce9ab48.jpg

In most illegal motorbike races or joy-riding scenes in the films/dramas, this scene would never fail to make its appearance. Is there a special reason for doing it?

friction10_zps293d72c6.jpg

This catches the attention of Detective Seo and his partner, though they are not in the least bit surprised. It seems they have already gotten wind of the news prior to this?

policeofficer3_zps560bef49.jpg

Guest myphim

@sia3, @awesomeduck, @shengvang, @katymac, @Hanjae, @Anomalous, @WutHmone, ect.

The movie will begin now. Start your streaming! :))

Oh, @Gukja sends her love to all of you here just in case you miss her over there. :x :x

iNKQrXDyOqsCP.gif

We begin the movie with a bike gang riding through town causing chaos and destructions.

Archived