BoA's "LONG TIME NO SEE"

Guest Sakura-x

Guest Sakura-x
I tried doing my own bg vocals >__<"
Hey everyone ^___^ HSC is finally over for me! =D So I decided to sing the full version of LONG TIME NO SEE --and tried to add my own twist to it. ^___^ And, I'm relatively happy with the way it turned out. What do you guys think? =) I also gave "LISTEN TO MY HEART" a go...but bleh...that was sorta *shudders*. So I obviously need improving so all comments and critique appreciated. MY SOUNDCLICK

Guest fantasiimaker

Lol the giggle in the beginning xD;

I think I might've pointed this out before, but your "t"s are somewhat over-enunciated sometimes. Try to soften them. And overall, practice your Japanese pronounciation a little more =)

Your bg vocals are basically the same pitch as your main vocals, so it doesn't really support the main vocals. Try to make a vocal cut of the original song and imitate the bg there if you can.

Overall you did a pretty good job, very cute =] Keep working on it! Ganbatte ne~

Guest babiixru

oh you have a cute voice, i like how the mixing for the background vocals and the giggle in the beginning. i never heard this song before so i have no real basis to comment on. some low notes there that seemed to trouble you, and keep working on your pronounciation! i liked the bg vocals, but they were off in tempo with your main vocal by like .2 seconds or something :)

Guest Sakura Li

With the pronouciation issue, I don't think it's much of a problem. What I mean is that EVERYONE will have an accent when singing in Japanese if you are not Japanese. Heck, some japanese people can't even understand BoA at times when she sings. It sure doesn't hurt to practice with the pronounciation but stress too much with it. ^^

You have a very cute voice. ^^ Nice attempt with the bg vocals. Pretty good clip!! Can't wait to hear more from you! ^^

Guest fantasiimaker

EVERYONE will have an accent when singing in Japanese if you are not Japanese.

Er..not really. *points to Maja*

Anyway, pronounciation isn't a huge deal here ^^ If something stands out or catches the listener's attention, it's not a bad thing to bring it up. And about BoA..just because she (or any other non-Japanese artist) has an accent, I don't think that makes it okay to emulate her XD Just do your best!

Guest Sakura-x

Lol the giggle in the beginning xD;

I think I might've pointed this out before, but your "t"s are somewhat over-enunciated sometimes. Try to soften them. And overall, practice your Japanese pronounciation a little more =)

Your bg vocals are basically the same pitch as your main vocals, so it doesn't really support the main vocals. Try to make a vocal cut of the original song and imitate the bg there if you can.

Overall you did a pretty good job, very cute =] Keep working on it! Ganbatte ne~

Thank you for listening! ^____^

hmmm, I really do need to work on my "t"s...=/ And yeh, I'm trying to get rid of my accent. Hopefully it will improve with time? :lol:

And thanks for the comment about the bg vocals. =D

oh you have a cute voice, i like how the mixing for the background vocals and the giggle in the beginning. i never heard this song before so i have no real basis to comment on. some low notes there that seemed to trouble you, and keep working on your pronounciation! i liked the bg vocals, but they were off in tempo with your main vocal by like .2 seconds or something :)

Yeh, its odd...I can sing pretty low if I start off at a lower key...but when I start off at a higher key, I just cant quite reach the lower notes. =/

I'll try re-mixing the bg vocals and get rid of the delay. ^___^

With the pronouciation issue, I don't think it's much of a problem. What I mean is that EVERYONE will have an accent when singing in Japanese if you are not Japanese. Heck, some japanese people can't even understand BoA at times when she sings. It sure doesn't hurt to practice with the pronounciation but stress too much with it. ^^

You have a very cute voice. ^^ Nice attempt with the bg vocals. Pretty good clip!! Can't wait to hear more from you! ^^

Thank you Sakura ^___^

Er..not really. *points to Maja*

Anyway, pronounciation isn't a huge deal here ^^ If something stands out or catches the listener's attention, it's not a bad thing to bring it up. And about BoA..just because she (or any other non-Japanese artist) has an accent, I don't think that makes it okay to emulate her XD Just do your best!

hmmm, *nods* I do agree with you. Nevertheless, I'm going to work on my pronunciation a bit more. Thanks everyone! ^____^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kangxbyul

you have such a cute voice! but it sounds like your nose is kind of blocked during the middle of the song. but nice job I like your voice when it starts going higher :)

Guest renacheeboo

I love this song by BoA . :] Your voice is very cute . And I agree with what ^ said about your nose sounding like it's kinda blocked . But nice job nonetheless . :]

Guest Love Is...

ur voice is so kyoute!! omg ........... im serious wen i say this .. i think u sng SOOO WELL!!! .. im jealous ... i was tryin to email .. buh it sayd u didnt accept .. lmao.. most of tha songs u sang.. were like mai FAVORITE SONGS!! .. celine dion, to mariah carey and whitney!! ... AND OMG!!! BOA >>> u sang all tha songs i like from her ... heres a suggestion .. sing ... Always ... then i think u'd be mai new favorite singer ... i like ur style and everii thing ... keep it up ... :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ENiGMATiCSOUL

lol just 1 minor mistake u made at the beginning u missed the beat and said the last 3 words whens its supposed to be instrumental

your voice is cute ~

Guest Sakura-x

wow...I didnt know this thread was still alive lol

you have such a cute voice! but it sounds like your nose is kind of blocked during the middle of the song. but nice job I like your voice when it starts going higher :)

Yeh, I sound nasally when I sing...lol, it's a...fairly bad thing. I cant seem to get rid of it though. =/

I love this song by BoA . :] Your voice is very cute . And I agree with what ^ said about your nose sounding like it's kinda blocked . But nice job nonetheless . :]

TT___TT trying to work on it. Thanks for listening though. =)

awww its cute

and the T thing.... hehe do watch out for it

yehh, THAT I am working on. ^___^

ur voice is so kyoute!! omg ........... im serious wen i say this .. i think u sng SOOO WELL!!! .. im jealous ... i was tryin to email .. buh it sayd u didnt accept .. lmao.. most of tha songs u sang.. were like mai FAVORITE SONGS!! .. celine dion, to mariah carey and whitney!! ... AND OMG!!! BOA >>> u sang all tha songs i like from her ... heres a suggestion .. sing ... Always ... then i think u'd be mai new favorite singer ... i like ur style and everii thing ... keep it up ... :)

lol, Always? hmmm...but my korean is horrible!

lol just 1 minor mistake u made at the beginning u missed the beat and said the last 3 words whens its supposed to be instrumental

your voice is cute ~

haha, thanks for pointing that out! I'll remember that if I decide to re-do it. =)

keke you sound like u have braces!

...TT___TT I can't help it!!!!!

wahhhhhhhh~ I love your voice~~ *giggles*

lol, thanks!

I love your voice...that little giggle..XD. ^_^

*huggies*

PrincessBoa

haha, thank you!

Thanks everyone! I need to visit soompi more often. :lol:

Archived