Ji Hyun Woo 지현우

tessieroo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

오랜만.  Just got back from the Osaka, Japan "Talk and Mini Live".  What a great time!  Two events in the freezing cold.  I must be nuts.

Welcomed him at the Kansai Airport.  This time they were much more cooperative in letting us greet him.  

arrival_zpsmfvbbw3t.jpg

Though they didn't let him stop, they did bring him past and did not stop us from taking pictures.

He had a car waiting for him, while I had to ride the train back.  Since he was late, I missed the express and it took about an hour and a half to get back to the hotel.

Japan and Korean fans met him at the stage door when he entered for rehearsal.

Flowers in the lobby

osaka_106_zpswbmumcrk.jpg

He entered wearing a red suit, black T, and black leather shoes.  He talked a bit, and commented on a number of photos being shown on the screen.  Some from his childhood, military, previous fan meetings.  They played a game called "mushi-mushi" (hello in japanese), where 2 lucky ladies acted out a scene on the phone with him.  One ended up with a back hug and one ended up having her hands rubbed with lotion by him.  Sorry, no clue what the actual conversation was about.

Then 5 ladies got special gifts (gloves), which he purchased himself to keep them warm in the cold winter months.  We found out that he made a Japanese version of his pink T-shirt that we got at the birthday party and that everyone would get one on the way out.  Then they surprised us with a photo-op time.  He posed and waved at various sides of the stage to give everyone a good vantage point for photos.  These are from "kuk" one of the Chinese fans.

osaka_094_zpso2yqc5on.jpg

Set list:

• Good Addiction
  • Lost Stars (in English, Adam Levine)
  • ショコラ 安全地帯 玉置浩二 (in Japanese)
  • Farewell My Love
  • Home (in English, Michael Buble)
  • Baby Elephant
  • Aiya (in Korean and Japanese)
  • You Are My Love (he came into the audience while singing)

Lyrics:

Spoiler

Lyrics:
Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm

May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two
“I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky, I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home

Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home

And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
This was not your dream
But you always believed in me

Another winter day has come
And gone away
In either Paris or Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
And let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home

Let me go home
It'll all be all right
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another video from the birthday party in November.  Other videos of this song have been posted, so I wasn't in a rush to get it edited.  His voice control has really gotten very good.  So glad his new agency has music ties.

New project announced:  http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/wanted-secures-cast-in-kim-ah-joong-uhm-tae-woong-ji-hyun-woo/

Wanted secures cast in Kim Ah-joong, Uhm Tae-woong, Ji Hyun-woo..by javabeans

Well, phew! Wanted has a cast, which is a relief because a few possible castings fell through (Kim Hyun-joo, Jin Gu) with just over a month until its premiere, and since the thriller premise sounded intriguing, I’d hoped the show would pull it together. Now it’s secured its three main leads: Kim Ah-joong (Punch), Uhm Tae-woong (Valid Love), andJi Hyun-woo (Awl).

It’s a shame that Kim Hyun-joo and Jin Gu passed on the drama, but I do like this cast a lot and hope it’ll offer meaty material for all three. I’m partial to Ji Hyun-woo, since he was such a marvel in last year’s Awl, and if he can’t be a one-top lead on broadcast TV yet, I at least hope he continues his streak with another awesome character.

The drama kicks off when the son of a top film and drama actress (Kim Ah-joong) is kidnapped on the day she was set to announce her retirement. The culprit orders her to carry out various missions on television in a twisted sort of live reality show, and the actress, desperate to recover her child safely, complies with his demands. She receives help from the television producer played by Uhm Tae-woong, as well as Ji Hyun-woo’s character of the dogged detective who throws himself into the case.

Over the course of the missions directed by the criminal, greed is revealed in a number of different people — and what’s more, the broadcast itself gets entangled in an unexpected murder case. Dun dun dun!

With this kind of heart-pounding plot and ticking clock driving the show, Wanted could make for a suspenseful thriller, and it’s a relief to know it’s nailed down a cast so it can turn to shooting right away. Because it was brought in as a last-minute replacement (SBS had planned to put melodrama Deal in that slot instead, but scrapped that just weeks ago), I don’t think its late casting is necessarily indicative of problems with the plot or production, though it’s always better to have more time when going into these projects. Fingers crossed that the rest of the show proceeds smoothly.

Wanted will premiere on June 22, airing as a Wednesday-Thursday series.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived