tessieroo

Ji Hyun Woo 지현우

Guest kyung-jin

7 Handsome South Korean actors who pursued their love interests in real life

by Shelly M on Wed, Mar 11, 2015

via dramafever

6. Ji Hyun Woo

JiHyunWoo.jpg

The Trot Lovers actor boldly declared that he loved his Queen In Hyun’s Man co-star Yoo In Na at the drama's finale fan meeting. She was utterly surprised by his confession, and the pair dated for two years before calling it quits.

from the soompi Angry Mom thread
pNm9zed.jpg
Ji Hyun Woo as  Park Noah, 27, male / A teacher known as a softie at Myungsung High 
He graduated summa cum laude from Seoul National University where he majored in Korean Literature. In his college days, he won a nationwide essay contest and had a talent as a writer. But he had a hard time getting a high school teacher job because he would perform abysmally in the job interviews, where he would speak with a child-like naiveté After going to interview after interview, he finally lands a job teaching Korean literature at Myungsung High, which is a private school. Unbeknownst to him, his father, a provincial judge, gave a large $10,000 donation to the high school to secure a job for his son. He tries hard to discipline Cho Bang-wool who is a problem kid at school, but she hardly recognizes his authority and treats him like he's the kid.

4zEmnem.png

I am quite excited about this drama. Somehow I feel like JHW will be able to play a child-like character well.

Press conference...looking like the shy teacher Park.

am_press_001.jpg

am_press_051.jpg

Spot] ‘Angry Mom’ Ji Hyun-woo defines his role as good idiot

The production presentation of MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday television series ‘Angry Mom’(produced by Choi Byung-gil, written by Kim Ban-di) was held on March 17 at MBC in Sang-am dong, Ma-po gu, Seoul. The cast Kim Hee-sun, Ji Hyun-woo, Kim Yoo-jung, Kim Tae-hoon, Oh Yoon-ah, Go Su-hee, Kim Hee-won , B1A4’s Baro and the production staffs attended the event.

‘Angry Mom’ is an upcoming television series by MBC. It is going to confront problems of education in Korea and disclose them mercilessly. Actress Kim Yoo-jung will be the daughter of Kim Hee-sun, and Kim Hee-sun will play the role of a young mother, who comes back to high school after having been a bad student in the past.

Ji Hyun-woo was cast to play the role of Park No-ah, a Korean teacher who discovers corruption in school. He then stays on the side of the weak and fights against school. “He is full of justice and pure soul,” Ji Hyun-woo explained about this role.

“There are a lot of bad guys on TV these days. And despite their mean personality, they get loved. I have played that role as well. However, this time I am a good guy, a guy who is so nice that he is considered as even an idiot at times. An idiot may seem dull and frustrating. But I want to say that I am kind of getting purified as I play No-ah. And actually, nerdy guys aren’t that bad after all. They are constantly calm, aren’t they?” he smiled.

‘Angry Mom’ will air at 10p.m on March 18 on channel MBC.

source: http://www.getitk.com/spot-angry-mom-ji-hyun-woo-defines-his-role-as-good-idiot/?lang=en

am_press_023.jpg
source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/newsview?newsid=20150318093205996

nice in B&W tooam_press_026.jpg

source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20150318090606990