Quantcast
tessieroo

Ji Hyun Woo 지현우

New project announced:  http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/wanted-secures-cast-in-kim-ah-joong-uhm-tae-woong-ji-hyun-woo/

Wanted secures cast in Kim Ah-joong, Uhm Tae-woong, Ji Hyun-woo..by javabeans

Well, phew! Wanted has a cast, which is a relief because a few possible castings fell through (Kim Hyun-joo, Jin Gu) with just over a month until its premiere, and since the thriller premise sounded intriguing, I’d hoped the show would pull it together. Now it’s secured its three main leads: Kim Ah-joong (Punch), Uhm Tae-woong (Valid Love), andJi Hyun-woo (Awl).

It’s a shame that Kim Hyun-joo and Jin Gu passed on the drama, but I do like this cast a lot and hope it’ll offer meaty material for all three. I’m partial to Ji Hyun-woo, since he was such a marvel in last year’s Awl, and if he can’t be a one-top lead on broadcast TV yet, I at least hope he continues his streak with another awesome character.

The drama kicks off when the son of a top film and drama actress (Kim Ah-joong) is kidnapped on the day she was set to announce her retirement. The culprit orders her to carry out various missions on television in a twisted sort of live reality show, and the actress, desperate to recover her child safely, complies with his demands. She receives help from the television producer played by Uhm Tae-woong, as well as Ji Hyun-woo’s character of the dogged detective who throws himself into the case.

Over the course of the missions directed by the criminal, greed is revealed in a number of different people — and what’s more, the broadcast itself gets entangled in an unexpected murder case. Dun dun dun!

With this kind of heart-pounding plot and ticking clock driving the show, Wanted could make for a suspenseful thriller, and it’s a relief to know it’s nailed down a cast so it can turn to shooting right away. Because it was brought in as a last-minute replacement (SBS had planned to put melodrama Deal in that slot instead, but scrapped that just weeks ago), I don’t think its late casting is necessarily indicative of problems with the plot or production, though it’s always better to have more time when going into these projects. Fingers crossed that the rest of the show proceeds smoothly.

Wanted will premiere on June 22, airing as a Wednesday-Thursday series.

• Like 1

Members of Karen Japan flew to Seoul to show support and get this video for their 11th anniversary.

Wanted bts...so cute...we probably won't see his character doing much of this.

bts_002_zpsb3h39wb0.jpg

Hi! I am one of those captivated by his dangerous charm as Kim Boong Do. Now I am starting to get so addicted to him. 

I hope you guys will keep me posted

:blush:

Greetings and love from the Philippines! ❤️

@cena2825 welcome!  As you can see there isn't much activity on this thread.  His Japanese and Korean fansites are much more active.  I try to bring things over when I can, mostly pictures, as it is hard to find articles in English.  Enjoy. 

• Like 2

Acknowledgement of the dreame wreaths from fans at the Wanted press conference.

dreame_002_zpsjtev6jlv.jpg

dreame_001_zpsfatvoakp.jpg

a preview of 3 Japanese songs he will be singing on Sunday

I Love You and Oh My Little Girl by Ozaki Yutaka

By the way Ozaki Yutaka was born on 11.29.1965

machimonogatari (story of a town)

On 14 July 2016 at 0:26 AM, TheaN said:

@cena2825 welcome!  As you can see there isn't much activity on this thread.  His Japanese and Korean fansites are much more active.  I try to bring things over when I can, mostly pictures, as it is hard to find articles in English.  Enjoy. 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! 

On 14 July 2016 at 0:26 AM, TheaN said:

Fan Meeting was a blast!  Met with fans I know online and from other fan meets. Gave goodies and received some. I passed these out to some 100 fans waiting in line:

307bf979-50e1-46f5-a793-be3558e4acc4_zps

There was a cover charge and we all had to buy a drink.  There were a couple of lower arrangements from fans.  I had tried to order some, but all the florists I went to said they needed at least a weeks notice and I arrived on Thursday.

34662d08-e751-46af-8065-c55ece33fadb_zps

Stage:

72227046-1fff-4c34-bf4b-99e6c19cce8e_zps

He entered in casual attire singing "I Love You:

20160731_official_015_zpscoauc8vy.jpg

And then we were given our photo time.  Japan is very strict about photos during concerts, but both the ARA events that I've gone to had a short segment of stage time devoted to some posing and waving an smiling for the fans.  That is all you get.  After that the ushers will come up to you if you raise you camera or phone to take any pictures.

1c84b3c7-dc37-46b8-8d2b-5368a6f81503_zps 

Then the MC asked him a bunch of questions.  They brought out the board with the fan questions and asked the fan who wrote it to stand up or wave. Scenes from Wanted while he changed his clothes to a suit.

20160731_official_023_zpsjlnurag2.jpg

Played a few games.  One of my friends, Noel,  got chosen to go up and they re-enacted the proposal scene from Trot Lovers.  He gave her a necklace (sorry did not look like the medal one) and faked a kiss.  Hey it was fake but they got REAL close anyways!!!  She got to keep the necklace and is probably still on cloud nine.  This is them rehearsing.

20160731_official_027_zpslo028lhr.jpg

More games, then he sang the final 2 songs, "Oh My Little Girl" and Machi Monogatari"

20160731_official_024_zpsvdmkktmm.jpg

Afterwards, we ALL got in line and received back hugs!!  I had brought a lei and when it was my turn, I asked him if I could give it to him and he said yes, so I got to do that first, then he held my hand and spun me around to give me the back hug.  :heart:

After thoughts...

I could have done without the games.  I don't like laughing at him doing funny things.

The fan interaction was OK.  I'm sure I would feel differently if I was one of the ones chosen.  I do like that he came into the audience for some of the fan activities.  

I do wish they allowed him to sing more songs.  Anyways, I do hope he has a birthday party, because I already have my ticket to Seoul. I heard a rumor that he might go back to Japan for his birthday, so I hope they tell us soon so I can change my ticket!!

He is in Taiwan this week doing a photoshoot for Eastar Jet Airlines. 

Edit:  Trip extended to 9/13, Tuesday.  They must really like him.  Maybe an FM in Taiwan coming?????

8c02052b-8851-459e-9296-a9f2bad95b2b_zps