[Drama 2012/13] The King's Dream 대왕의 꿈

WingLiner

THE KING'S DREAM 대왕의 꿈

The_King%27s_Dream_Poster.JPG

Original title: 대왕의 꿈 , (大王的夢想) / The King's Dream
Also known as: The Great King's Dream / Dream of the Emperor
Previously known as: 태종무열왕 (Taejong-Muyeol-wang)Producer: Han Joon Seo
Director: Shin Chang Seok, Kim Sang Hwi.
Writer : Yoo Dong Yoon
Assistant writer : Kim Seondeok
Network: KBS / KBS1 TVTime: Sat, Sun at 21:40Broadcasting period: Sept. 8th 2012 -- Jun. 6th 2013
Episodes: 70.
Casting:
Choi Su Jong - as Kim ChunchuChae Sang Woo - as young Kim Chunchu
Lina - as Queen Munmyeong
Kim Yoo Suk - as Kim YushinNo Young Hak - as young Kim Yushin
Jung Dong Hwan - as Kim Yongchun
Kim Ha Gyun - as King JinpyeongPark Joo Mi - as Princess Deokman /Queen Seondeok (Ep 9 to 18)Hong Eun Hee - as Princess Deokman /Queen Seondeok (Ep 19 to -End)Seon Joo Ah - as young DeokmanYi Young Ah - as Queen Seungman
Kim Hyun Soo - as young Seungman
Lim Hyeok - as Kim AlcheonChoi Il Hwa - as Kim So HyeonLee Jin Woo - as King UijaPark Chul Ho - as King Mu...
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_King%27s_Dream

Synopsis: A drama takes place at ancient Korean Three Kingdoms era (Silla, Baekje, Goguryeo) which tell the stories of the heroes of Silla kingdom: Kim Yushin as well as Kim Chunchu who allied with the Tang Dynasty to destroy Baekjae, willing to unify the whole country and create the Golden Days of the national culture.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King's Dream production press conference event.

Upcoming KBS2 saeguk drama King's Dream started its production with a press conference event at Silla Millennium Park in Gyeongju City on June 14.

KBS presents King's Dream as a pure saeguk drama, to satisfy audience who looked for authentic historical drama after lot of fusion saeguk dramas lately such as God of War, Dr Jin and Queen Inhyun' Man.

King's Dream centers its story on King Muyeol from ancient Shilla dynasty. The ancient Korea peninsula was divided into 3 countries (Shilla, Baekje and Goguryo) , and King Muyeol was the king who successfully established the unification and made those three countries as unified nation.

King's Dream will avoid many expensive war scenes, instead they will present the complicate and delicate political situation among nation's elite. We'll see how ancient nation's leaders establish their leadership, fight and compromise with neighbor countries. The drama also portrayed Korean relation with ancient Japan and China (Tang Dynasty).

Veteran actor Choi Su Jung (President, War of Roses) plays the role of King Muyeol and actress Park Joo Mi (I Believe in Love) will take leading lady role, Queen Sun Duk.

During the press conference, Park Joo Mi expressed her goal to show different style of Queen Sun Duk.

To make it different from Lee Yo Won's in previous hit drama Queen Sun Duk, Joo Mi said ," My Sun Duk won't swing a sword in battlefield. I will show different part of the Queen that previous drama didn't show".

Meanwhile, leading man Choi Su Jung said ," I'm a man who see a drama performance through its script because the 90% portion drama's success is decided by its script. And King's Dream is very interesting and great, please cheer for this drama".

Choi Su Jung also showed his confidence for King's Dream ," I felt no burden. A drama is not made only by one man. The kind of people we worked together is important. I'm confident that I'm with the best seniors and capable juniors, so I feel relax".

And the veteran actor has his perspective about rating ,"Some actors said that they didn't care about rating. They said it's good enough if the drama's team worked in friendly atmosphere. But actually, if the rating is low, the shooting atmosphere becomes gloom".

He's honest and spot on !

King's Dream airs September 8.

The filming progress had started, here are some pictures I've found on naver and dcinside.1-4.jpg2-4.jpg3-3.jpgyoung princess Deokman is wearing pink.4-3.jpgthe boy stands next to her is young Kim Chunchu, note that Choi Su Jong will play the adult role.5-2.jpg6-2.jpg7-2.jpg8-2.jpgthe man next to Chunchu is his father, Kim Yongchul.9-3.jpg10-2.jpg11-3.jpg12-4.jpgpicture of Shilla soldier13-2.jpgLeft: Chunchu; Right: Yushin.
Source: http://blog.naver.com/shillampark?Redirect=Log&logNo=100159657525http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=peece51&logNo=140160978835http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=kbs_drama&no=200617&page=3&bbs=

Another set of pictures from filming (characters' portraits.)Look great, aren't they?

20120614182804926.jpgHong Il Kwon (Jang Kyu in Iron Empress.) as Galmoon King, brother of King Jinpyeong.20120614180904943.jpgPark Joo-mi as Queen Seondeok.20120614181118307.jpgKim Ha Guyn as King Jinpyeong.large_tmp_image_file__0.jpg?1339664684Choi Su Jong as Kim Chunchu (King Muyeol)
Other people.photo242891.jpgphoto242893.jpgphoto242883.jpg
These characters look really like Khitans-style in The Iron Empress. I don't know which mission they will receive in this drama.10-3.jpg201206141815770083_1.jpg201206141809771540_1.jpg
BackstagesPD Shin Chang Seok.201206141843779413_1.jpg2012-06-19-013.jpg2012-06-19-035.jpg
I'm looking foward watching this drama on September and their OST too. ;)

Guest always.happy

Beautiful photos, thanks a lot)
Looks like this drama is going to be great!!!
One more story about Qeen Seon Duk?

yes, it sounds great. I'm a saeguk addict that's why I'm working hard on it now. Queen Seonduk is one of the leading lady role, so it must be the case. The whole story is about the division of ancient Korea peninsula and the brave leaders, generals of Shilla country with their firm will to lead the 3 kingdoms (Shila,Baekje,Goguryeo) to be united. Ah...I forgot to tell that actor Kim Rwae Ha is going to be Lord Bidam in this drama.
But the one I worried is once the drama's been premiered, it will be compared with the previous MBC drama Queen Seondeok. Surely, I really hate that kind of comparison, anyways, I still like the two. And the ratings...this drama will have to compete with 4 or 5 more saeguks at the time. But the important one is the character king Muyeol is the main protagonist but he is much criticised by many Korean people 'cause he joined forces with foreign power to conquer the 2 fellow countries. Probably, they must have changed the large theme of this drama from king Muyeol to the history of Shilla during the period of 3 kingdoms 'till they completely united.

2a.jpgthis is broadcasting schedule at half-end of this year, the premier date of Kings Dream is surely September 8th. I'm very satisfied with the casts, everyone is the best choice. At this time I still don't know whether actor Choi Jae Seong is casted or he has been pulled off, I'd heard this rumor and did not know if it is confirmed.
Source: http://cfile222.uf.daum.net/image/163BD94E4FF392B930E130

here is a list of actors/actresses in the picture:Choi Su JongPark Joo mChoi Jae Sung (he's pulled off now.)
Choi Jae Sung was excluded after he got injured since he had been fallen off a horse , and can't come back anymore.

Choi Chul Ho
Actor Lee Jin Woo took the role as King Uija of Baekje in replace of Choi Chul Ho.
LinaKim Ha GyunJang Dong Jik (Emperor Shengzhong of Khitan in Empress Cheonchu.)MayaKim Hyun SuNoh Young HakChoi Il HwaJeong Jae SoonHong Il KwonLee Sae Young.
well, seems like the casting progress hasn't been done yet , since there are still missing and unknown roles.

a few updates about the castactress Seon Joo Ah will be playing young princess Deokman.(she's wearing pink.)http://blog.naver.com/shillampark?Redirect=Log&logNo=100159657525and Kim Hyun Soo will be playing young queen Seungman. (picture above, the girl next to No Young Hak and she played young So Yi in Tree With Deep Roots 2011, movie The Crucible...).

• 2 weeks later...

i have just found a piece of news. Official English name of this drama is now "KING'S DREAM."

Actor Kim Hyuk , born 1974 , (Manjong in God of War) and Cho Jae Wan (Shilsung in Gwanggaeto the Great) have been casted , but now their roles are unknown.

I can't find out more about these people maybe they weren't renowned actors or missing information. Anyway, I'll keep modifying and updating as soon as I receive more news from my friend, he is trustworthy.

i almost forgot to post this, here is a list of monarchs will be covered in the drama.

Silla: King Jinpyeong, Queen Seondeok, Jindeok, King Muyeol, Munmu, Shinmun.
Baekje: King Mu, King Uija
Goguryeo: King Young Ryu, Bojang, Yeon Gaesomoon, Yeon Namseng, Yeon Namgun, Yeon Namsan, Yeon Jeongto.
Tang China: Gaozu, Taizong, Gaozong, Empress Wu Zetian, Xue Rengui

The history period is from the 3 Kingdoms up to the Unified Silla , seems like we're having lots of things to get excited about. When looking for historical summaries during that time there are many fascinating stories and legends , I'm really burstling to see how they're going to be portraited in the drama.

more news:

Kim Hyuk (above) is casted as Geom ( In 628, Geom's co-hwarangs used national budget for themselves during the time of famine. Prince Geom was a man of integrity, so he refused to join them. These hwarangs feared that Geom would inform their misdeeds to the higer ranking hwarangs, so they poisoned him to death.)

Yi Young Ah(Empress Daemok from Iron Empress (cameo), Bongsook from Iljimae) is casted as adult queen Seungman.

Archived