Details:Title: 飛虎 / Fei Fu
English title: Tiger Cubs
Producer: 
Lam Chi-wah 
Genre: Modern, Action 
Episodes: 13
Production Company: TVB
Broadcast period: 24 June 2012

Cast:Joe Ma JIN HON TOUJessica HsuanCHONG CHUEK WAHVincent WongYAU CHUN HINOscar WongCHONG CHUEK WAH's brotherHim LawYU HOK LAI Benjamin YuenMandy WongSO MAN KEUNG Dominic LamWilliam ChakChristine KuoDING WAI WAI Kenneth Ma (guest star) - TO TIN YUEJJ Jia (guest star) - TO TIN YUE's wifeKenny Wong (guest star)Natalie Tong (guest star)Pierre Ngo (guest star)Derick Kwok (guest star)
Synopsis:Serving on the Special Duties Unit (SDU) for many years, “devil” instructor JIN HON TOU (Joe Ma) is seen as a hero in the hearts of his subordinates. His style is strict, serious and has high expectations on his subordinates, especially the two new SDU members YU HOK LAI (Him Law) and YAU CHUN HIN (Vincent Wong). However when he’s off-duty, TOU is actually a very caring big brother. TOU thinks of CHONG CHUEK YUN (Oscar Leung) as his best partner at work and a good brother, but to his surprise, his girlfriend DING WAI WAI (Christine Kuo) falls in love with the optimistic YUN and wants to break up with him. To maintain the brotherhood, YUN asked his colleague SO MAN KEUNG (Mandy Wong) to pretend to be his girlfriend, which begins a mess in the relationships. Meanwhile, the police were informed that the king of thieves TO TIN YUE (Kenneth Ma) is planning a large-scale robbery of the treasury. TO and OCTB inspector CHONG CHUEK WAH (Jessica Hsuan) jointly sets up an operation to capture YUE. WAH is YUN’s elder sister and has a snobby personality. She only cares about her work day and night because she cannot forget the pain of her boyfriend’s murder. As TOU gets to know WAH, he slowly realizes that he and WAH are actually similar people, and his feelings starts growing...

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB Ratings Report (25/06/2012 - 01/07/2012)

Dramas
No Good Either Way - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團 (EPS 11-15) - 28 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 02 SUNDAY) - 28 PTS

Master of Play - 心戰 (EPS 26-30 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (COMING SOON...)

Complaints
- 'Master of Play' received a total of 122 complaints during its entire run, 9 of them were complaints on the finale week.
- 'Tiger Cubs' dropped 1 point, and received 2 complaints for the smoking scenes and that the broadcast was too late at night

Note
- Witness Insecurity (護花危情) premiere (Monday 7/2) received 30 points, peaking at 31 points. 

Guest Bby-GIE

This show will start broadcasting in Australia this weekend.
I'm looking forward to this. I always love cop dramas. ^____^

Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily, CSM(by wacow)
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB Rating Reports (02/07/2012 - 08/07/2012)

Dramas
No Good Either Way Finale - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團大結局 (EPS 20-21 FRIDAY) - 33 PTS (Peaking at 37 PTS)

Witness Insecurity - 護花危情 (EPS 01-04) - 30 PTS (Peaking at 33 PTS)

No Good Either Way - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團 (EPS 16-19) - 30 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 03 SUNDAY) - 30 PTS

Come Home Love - 爱 · 回家 (EPS 36-40) - 25 PTS

Variety Shows
All Star World Exam - 環遊世界明星賽 (EP 01) - 29 PTS
Master So Food - 食得峰骚 (EP 11) - 24 PTS
Map of Happiness - 快樂地圖 (WEEKDAYS) - 23 PTS
Battle of Singing Stars 2012 - 2012翡翠歌星紅白鬥 (SATURDAY) - 19 PTS (Peaking at 22 PTS)

(CSM Media Research: 1 point represents 64,070 viewers)

Complaints
- 'Witness Insecurity': 85 complaints for animal abuse, sets a bad example.
- 'Come Home Love': 20 complaints that there is advertising within the series.
- 'Battle of Singing Stars 2012': Total 5 complaints. 1 complaint (BA) on some of the singers' performances were not on par and others had poor performance; 4 complaints (TVB). 2 complaints on Carol Cheng's comment ("Raymond Lam is good, others are garbage"), 1 complaint on the bad speakers, making singers get off-key and another on Adason Lo's little screen time.

Note
- Three Kingdoms RPG (回到三國) premiere averaged at 30 PTS, peaking at 34 PTS. [source: Weibo@劉家豪GH] 

Guest misspinky

i was watching this the other day and it's actually pretty good. i'm dying to see episode 4. i have a feeling that they will focus more on relationships but i hope that they don't do that too much.

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-weight: 300; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Jessica Hsuan Criticizes TVB Series as Being the Same, Laughed at by Friends for Being Kidnapped Often
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com
umd21.jpg
Yesterday, Jessica attended a promotional event for "Tiger Cubs". She is very happy that this series has achieved high ratings. As for being kidnapped often in series, Jessica laughingly said, "I have also been laughed at often by friends because of this; however, TVB's plots are always like this. Must have exciting plots and can be broadcasted, so can only frequently kidnap!" Jessica expressed that, during filming, already knew that this series would air on Sundays because TVB hopes to create the feeling of a telemovie. She thinks there is a refreshing feeling...also like this arrangement.

Reveals That Character in "Tiger Cubs" Will Die - Jessica heard that "Tiger" will film a sequel and a movie version; however, she revealed that her character will die in the series...may not take part. "I don't film movies much. My character is also not the focus. However, if it must happen, it can also happen. Can also portray twin sisters; however, it cannot be controlled by me...consider it then!"

liking the story so far and each episode wasn't boring,
as for the tactical aspects of the operations, its questionable.
and as per usual with TVB, their visual effects make me facepalm.

Jessica Hsuan afraid to die, turns down CTI's offer; Reveals 'Tiger Cubs' Sequel
Monday July 23, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
w8350.jpg
Yesterday Jessica Hsuan appeared for an interview on the radio station. She reveals TVB has approached her to discuss shooting a sequel to Tiger Cubs. She said: "We did discuss the sequel, TVB wanted me to sign 1 year contract! (Get a pay raise?) Didn't discuss in that detail, still very preliminary. I'm not even sure when the sequel of Tiger Cubs will start shooting, who the lead actor is, I don't know anything yet!" 

When speaking of Tiger Cubs' ending, where it was exposed she's going to die? She replied: "Really? How so! If I die, how will there be a sequel?"

Also, she discloses Ricky Wong once asked her to shoot a travel show for CTI: "They wanted the show to be more intense and exciting, and wanted me to go to Vanuatu and explore the active volcanoes there! Because I'm afraid to die, so I turned it down. If I was 20 years younger, I would do it! (Did they asked you to shoot series for them?) Yeah we discussed that too, but the scripts were cops and robbers again. I want to try something I haven't done before as my 'first cannon' after leaving TVB." 
TVB Rating Reports (16/07/2012 - 22/07/2012) Source: Singtao, Oriental Daily

Dramas
Witness Insecurity - 護花危情 (EPS 10-14) - 32 PTS (Peaking at 35 PTS)

Three Kingdoms RPG - 回到三國 (EPS 06-10) - 31 PTS (Peaking at 35 PTS)

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 07 SUNDAY) - 31 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 06 SATURDAY) - 26 PTS

Complaints
- Three Kingdoms RPG: 2 complaints on the use of profanity and no mention of actual history.
- Witness Insecurity: 1 complaint on the plot arrangement. 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "'Tiger Cubs' Temporary Actors Sat For 20 Years?Sunday July 29, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
sbxd5.jpg
Viewers have discovered another mistake in TVB series, this time it happens on Tiger Cubs. In the recent episode, there was a scene where Jessica Hsuan and her brother Oscar Leung were sitting on the benches at the sports ground recalling their childhood memories of jogging together and vowing to be police officers when they grow up. Netizens discovered there were two Extras sitting on the benches in the background during that scene, but unexpectedly, those two Extras sat on those benches for over 20 years! The same two Extras were sitting in the background in the same spot in the flashback scene! Very strange!

Netizens screen captured the two scenes and posted it on social networking sites, and it has become a new hot topic. Netizens teased that Tiger Cubs is actually a horror movie, where the two Extras are the 'ghosts' in the series. 

Guest xoxo_sdbib

Ahh I didn't know there was a thread for it on Soompi! I've been loyally following it for the past few weeks, and I really like it. Too bad there are only 2 episodes a week :( And yeah, Oscar Leung is so adorable!

Guest heydelilah

hi, there :) it's great that we got a thread for tiger cubs. I have just finished ep9 and thank god madam chong'll not be forever alone. Finally something's gonna happen between madam and Chin sir

Guest PingFaun

I think this is one of the greater productions of tvb! though not as greatly acknowledged! It's actually one of those dramas that keep you on the edge of your seat, and contains eyecandy. The whole package, haha.

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-weight: 300; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Joe Ma's 'Tiger Cubs' high ratings, to return to TVB as a 'per series' artist
Saturday August 4, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
cl8c2.jpg oelw3.jpg ojzy4.jpg
Joe Ma, Jessica Hsuan and the rest of the Tiger Cubs cast attended a charity event. As Tiger Cubs is getting good response, Joe said because of this series he has gained a wider range of fans. He expressed: "I'm planning aparty on a cruise on the day of the finale. (What's the dress code for the party?) Whatever you like! The date hasn't been set yet, but on the finale night, Jessica has to celebrate her birthday with fans in Shanghai, so she may not be able to come." He also reveals: "Because TVB has good scripts, roles and teams, I will be going back to TVB for a per-series contract. (Good salary too?) Everything is good!"

Fan wanted to sleep with Joe

When speaking of many TVB Siu Sangs involved with Mainland actresses, Joe said: "I haven't!" He believes there are many professional artists in Mainland, and he has had pleasant collaborations with them. His wife is also not worried about him and often accompanies him to work whenever she's free. When asked if he's got any SMS from girls? Joe expressed he hasn't, but he won't respond to strangers. He exposed there was once a fan who messaged him on Weibo and said she wanted to sleep with him. Other fans immediately scolded that fan. Jesica heard this and expressed: "That's crazy! I've had fans confess their love for me too." Joe laughed: "Nothing better to do!"

Him is willing to sing with Tavia Yeung as couple team

When Him Law heard about Joe's party on a cruise, he was a bit surprised because he's afraid Joe might make him wear a bathing suit. If the ratings get better, will he wear a bathing suit? Him laughed and said he will, but he'll add cycling shorts over of his triangular swim trunks. He's not worried of the 'modern' effect, because he's wore them as a life guard before, in all kinds of colors and designs too. It's just been too long since he's put those kinds of swimwear on, so he feels a little embarrassed. He said his current body figure isn't as fit since he's been too busy and hasn't had time to work out.

Him will soon be going overseas for a stage performance and will have to sing. Lately, he's been actively practicing his singing and now he's voice is hoarse, so now he has to work hard on getting his voice back. If someone approaches him to release an album, he can consider. Has rumored girlfriend Tavia Yeung, heard him sing before? "Next time I'll invite her for karaoke then, then you all can ask her what she thinks of my singing. I heard Tavia sing before, not too bad. If the price is good, and we're comfortable collaborating, can consider singing as a 'couple team'."

Christine Kuo was said to be one of Kevin Cheng's girlfriends. She expressed: "Every artist who has worked with him gets rumored, he's a popular guy. (What if he pursues you?) Talk about it when it's actually true!" 

Source: The Sun, CSM(bywacow)
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB Rating Reports (30/07/2012 - 05/08/2012)

Dramas:
Ghetto Justice II - 怒火街頭2 (EPS 01-05) - 28 PTS

Three Kingdoms RPG - 回到三國 (EPS 15-19) - 27 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EPS 10 SUNDAY) - 26 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 09 SATURDAY) - 23 PTS

Come Home Love - 爱·回家 (EPS 56-60) - 23 PTS 

(CSM Media Research: 1 point represents 64,070 viewers)

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ""Tiger Cubs" Records SpecialWednesday August 8, 2012 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com
xdkg1.jpg f19g2.jpg
Artistes Kenneth Ma and JJ Jia did a recording for a special program for "Tiger Cubs". Kenneth revealed having had rumours with JJ Jia before; however, no one reported on it. After hearing this, JJ laughingly said that [the rumours] could now be spread anew...treat it as promotion for the series; however, after the series is finished airing, request for everyone to not mention it again. Asked whether [she] disliked Kenneth, JJ immediately denied and highly praised him as being the city's biggest hot property.

Jessica Hsuan Using Friendship Cards to Look for Guest Stars for Sequel

Artistes Joe Ma and Jessica Hsuan did a recording for a special program for "Tiger Cubs". Because of the series' good ratings, was there a feeling of clearing polluted air? Jessica expressed that it was already known early on that this series would not be warehoused. During filming, already notified of the arrangement of broadcasting on Saturdays and Sundays, but did not expect the current ratings. Hope that a sequel would be filmed...then, can use all friendship cards and look for guest stars on [my] own. As for the series' good ratings causing ATV's ratings to drop to nearly zero, Jessica expressed that it may be related to the London Olympics. 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ""Tiger Cubs" Cruise PartyThursday August 9, 2012 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com
d7p61.jpg lnpf2.jpg rz5x3.jpg
Jessica Hsuan Using Friendship Cards to Invite Guest Stars, "Tiger Cubs" Filming a Sequel

Yesterday, Joe Ma and Jessica Hsuan led a group of "Tiger Cubs" cast members on a cruise party to celebrate successful ratings. The group of men showed their muscles. During this, everyone played water games. Joe insisted on only being willing to shed if the ratings were to exceed 40 points; Jessica was not feeling well, so she did not go into the water.

Laughingly Talks About Begging Louis Koo

The series is releasing at a new time slot; the ratings and feedback are not bad. TVB Chairman Norman Leung will be holding a banquet on the 21st; Joe and Jessica expressed that they would arrange their schedule to return to Hong Kong to attend, laughingly saying that [they] will then ask whether a sequel would be filmed. The two hope for the original crew to film a sequel. Jessica also said that she hasn't used her friendship cards in a long time...hope to be able to invite partners whom she hasn't collaborated with in a long time to join in, including Louis Koo, Nick Cheung, Gallen Lo, and Bobby Au Yeung. Jessica laughingly said, "Not labourious to guest-star for one episode. I will definitely ask Bobby, and may beg Louis, since he still has a contract with TVB!" As for Joe, [he] also hopes to look for Gallen to portray a big villain. However, Jessica said that settling the contract is the first thing: "Still discussing. Will also be a per series contract. The sequel is one of attractive reasons".

Joe Ma Returning to the Big Screen

The night before, Joe attended a charity premiere for "The Bourne Legacy". He mentioned that "Tiger" has brougt him an opportunity to return to the big screen: "There are two or three movies in discussion...also cop roles, but also interested". Joe, who will be signing a per series contract with TVB, will still be focusing on Mainland: "Temporarily one series per year with TVB...depends on the script". He expressed that it is not confirmed yet whether "Tiger" will be filming a movie sequel version, but there have already been movie distributors who are interested in investing in the filming of a movie. Among them, he has been asked to take part in planning or production. 

Archived