Why this new guy want me to hang out with his friends?

candymoon

I just met this new guy, (about a month now)  and we been out a few time.  After our first date, he kept inviting me to attend events/hang out with his group of  friends. Why?  I had been making excuse to not attend because I just feel it too early in the stage to meet them. Beside, I am just beginning to get to know him.  I wouldn't want to meet his friends and since I am the "new" person, I don't want to be interview by everyone!  Or worst, if they all ignore me because "I am new to the group." Also, we are not yet in any relationship, so he would prolly introuced me to his friends as a "friend"  if that is the case, who do I mingle at the events/hang-out. I was thinking, if I only hang with him, that would be rude to him and his friends, and I may be label as "hard-to-get-to-know"." If I hang with his friends and leave his alone, that would be rude to him too.  Please help me out with some advice, this is giving me a headache.  Thanks in advance!!!

Guest amerestranger

What's the harm in getting to know new people? Even if he introduces you to his friends as a friend, there is a chance later on, you could end up to be his girlfriend. No point in stressing all these factors already when he's simply just inviting you to hang out with them. The more the merrier maybe?
You're just thinking too much. Stop. 

Guest SoulAce2

I know you’re still in the process of getting to know this guy, but what better way to know someone than through his friends. His friends are probably a big part of his life, so getting to know them is almost like getting to know him as well.  How he acts around the people closest to him is also a great indicator of what type of person he is and how he treats and handles his relationships. Personally, I don’t think you should have anything to fear. Perhaps you’re just psyching yourself out, putting more pressure on yourself than necessary.

But of course, if you’re STILL uncomfortable and not mentally ready to meet his friends, then don’t force yourself. Discuss it with him and let him know that you’re not prepared or it’s still too soon.  If he’s considerate and cares enough about your feelings, then he’ll understand…

Good Luck! :)

He either thinks you're good enough to meet his friends;Wants his friends' opinions of you;Wants to keep it light and casual ("let's be friends for now");Wants you in his social circle;Or just prefers hanging in groups most of the time.

to be honest reading this post, i understand one thing your stubborn and very much unsure on what kind of person his friend would be, if someone wish you to be at a party with the one your new guys friend then go and meet them... learn what they are and who they are.

don't just make an excuse and not going... "new doesn't mean you can not make new friends."

to keep this short, try and hang out with them and if you don't like it tell him.

Guest Bby-GIE

Sounds like this guy likes you ;)
Just go for it. Unless you are really uncomfortable with the idea of you meeting his friends.

Surely it can't be that difficult talking to the guy and his friends. Like join in conversations with the guy and his friends. Therefore you're not only talking to his friends but also the guy as well. Hitting two birds with one stone.

That is assuming that all this friends are really friendly and are easy to talk to.

Good luck :D

Guest nillachip

Nothing wrong with bonding with his friends. Go for it, don't hesitate. I don't think it's even a big deal. It's pretty normal n a relationship anyways. And it's been a month, go an have a good time.

Archived