[Drama 2012] Five Fingers (다섯손가락)

cherkell

Guest Tarits

@cherKell - oh you are in North Cali? Where exactly, but only if you can tell. My hubby and I regularly drive over there coz I have many relatives in NCali. You would probably not mind doing the long drive to LA when the movie of Jihun is shown? But then you can always find ways and  means to watch it, right?

Yes please, post hotlinks to news about the drama. Out of topic, was Deranged good?  I saw the trailer even as I saw LBH's movie too which made me think immediately of the movie of Jihun hoping to see the trailer anytime now in my neighborhood theater.

As the release date of Jihun's movie gets nearer and then the drama is next, I know we will get lots of photos and interview links and even MV's of him and of the drama. So brace  yourself chingus - the Jihun-Changwook magic will strike us very soon!    =D>

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xopo17

class="ks_article_title"'Five Fingers' Crew: Joo Ji Hoon Is "The Right Person"

3941-joo-ji-hoon.jpg

Despite his dark past, actor Joo Ji Hoon was officially confirmed in his national television comeback with his role in the upcoming SBS special 'Five Fingers', scheduled to air in August.

According to one official working with the drama, his casting was confirmed following a negotiation between the station, production company and the actor. From the beginning, the director, writer and the rest of the production crew all strongly requested for a meeting with Joo Ji Hoon, "leading us to trust their judgment that he was the right person for the lead," said the official.

The path leading up to this major role, however, has not been a smooth one for Joo Ji Hoon. His 2009 scandal involving ecstasy possession cast a large shadow over his career; however, the crew for the drama ultimately made the decision to cast him regardless after lengthy conversations about the actor, marking a comeback that has been in the making for five years since the 2007 KBS drama 'The Devil'.

An official with KeyEast also said that "the decision to cast Joo Ji Hoon is ultimately the right call", adding that "Mr. Joo is deeply regretful for his past actions; his journey to a comeback in drama was not easy. Most important in this process was the actor's own will. In the end, our faith in the drama as a work and the faith in the production crew led to the careful decision to cast him. We are confident that he will prove us right."

The drama 'Five Fingers', meanwhile, is a collaboration between 'A Gentleman's Dignity' and 'OB and GYN Doctors" PD Choi Young Hoon and 'Temptation of Wife' and 'Smile, Mom' writer Kim Soon Ok. Joo Ji Hoon is set to play a prodigal pianist with a tragic family history. The rest of the casting process is currently underway and is set to begin airing in August.

Joo Ji Hoon's drama comeback follows closely behind the upcoming opening of 'I Am A King', which he was cast in after being discharged from the army last November.

credit: korea.com

my opinion: Agree and Amen to this artikel ! :x

We have a new addition to the cast!  Added today was Song Ye Joo, who previously had a small part in "Obstetrics & Gynecology" (one of the PD-nim's prior dramas).  She will be playing a domestic maid to Chae Si Ra's character named Dong-hee and living in the same mansion as Yeong-rang and In-ha (assuming he's also still living there as a unmarried son).  She's an '82-line, so she's the same age as Ji Hoon... does someone smell a conflict to our OTP already?!? ;)

29c29469.jpg

@

cherKell

- oh you are in North Cali? Where exactly, but only if you can tell. My hubby and I regularly drive over there coz I have many relatives in NCali. You would probably not mind doing the long drive to LA when the movie of Jihun is shown? But then you can always find ways and  means to watch it, right?

Yes please, post hotlinks to news about the drama. Out of topic, was Deranged good?  I saw the trailer even as I saw LBH's movie too which made me think immediately of the movie of Jihun hoping to see the trailer anytime now in my neighborhood theater.

As the release date of Jihun's movie gets nearer and then the drama is next, I know we will get lots of photos and interview links and even MV's of him and of the drama. So brace  yourself chingus - the

Jihun-Changwook magic

will strike us very soon

!    =D>

Guest Tarits

cherKell - nope, Jihun has not  activated  his twitter account and hunnies guess is, he never will! Once he drops something, that's it. He stopped not for the reason you think but for something else which I cannot post here. Those black days are over and gone, buried in the deepest part of the ocean cherKell. He has made a clean breast of it and was honest to admit his mistakes. You know of course someone said he is honest and well, he is. But that is another story.  Yeah, now it is 2012 and it is all about his new drama with your droolicious Chang Wook. Imagine 2 handsome faces on the computer monitors? Enough for us to dream awake!

Out of topic but only because the drama has not yet started airing:

Concerts?  I go to a lot. I am one old ahjumma who goes with my young friends to many concerts like I already have my ticket to SBS concert this August 10th. I also have my ticket now to 2NE1 Aug. 24th concert and looks forward to buying early BBang's Nov. 3 concert. And you know what cherKell, I told the hunnies I am tempted to make a banner when I go to the SBS concert with these words:
"SBS, thank you for bringing back Jihun to us, thank you that you took the iniative of airing PForest in your channel and do not mind what MBC and KBS may say, thank you for making Jihun's fans happy"
I bet my banner will be noticed and may even be televised! Lol!

You know I have long wanted to form a group of Jihun fanatics in LA, tried to gather some but alas, all the hunnies are far with only 2 so far and not even close to my place of residence. Oh well, I guess when I see the movie at CGV, I would think that all those inside the theater are his fans and this is good enough for me. 

You are in SJose? Oh there are lots of filipinos there. My relatives are in Antioch, Concord and downtown SF itself.

Okay so much now for out of topic posts.
As for the question of aegyo if the drama airing will be delayed as the episodes of GDignity may be delayed too, no confirmation yet as i write. SK loves sports so they may give time to the London Olympics where SK is competing.

Thanks again cherKell. Happy weekend to all those in Asia Pacific.

I luv Chang Wook Can't wait a new drama of him.i'm gald that he want to be a bad guy in drama it's challenge of him in entertainment industry.

Guest bopeep.

This thread is so lonely and not really that active. Not really sure if I want to watch this drama though because of the PD. All his works were pretty much mehh and with low ratings. But I'll give it a chance since it's JJH's comeback drama.

Guest aegyo.

MBC is broadcasting the Olympics next week instead of their usual Sat-Sun programs. I'm not 100% sure about SBS airing the Olympics but if they do that means Five Fingers will be pushed back :(

Guest bopeep.

omoooo so SAD but seems like Eunjung is playing then 2nd lead female... :((

Yes :( I know it's quite upsetting to know that Eunjung is the 2nd lead female. Shes been acting since her childhood years and she's a 2nd female lead AGAIN in a drama.

Guest Tarits

Again I posted and it did not come out. What's wrong?

cherKell, everyone: here's some screencap of the drama from moonlight drop:

311511_448006058564740_1283578341_n.jpg

and from moonlight drop:

255332_448007138564632_1061364426_n.jpg

Guest lualm

Isn't Eunjung playing Dami? Isn't Dami the first female lead character? I've read she's Jisang's love interest, so if that's the case, that makes Eunjung the main female lead. :)

Okay gang, for the LAST TIME... Eunjung IS the lead female.  I know that they're making it seem like Chae Si Ra is the lead when she's not.  For that, you have to blame the PR Department at SBS for misleading the viewing public (shame on them!).  I haven't read anything to the contrary that Eunjung has been pigeonholed into a secondary role, so let's all simmer down and think good things for our cast and crew!

Soompi is having problems posting pictures these days.  I would highly suggest to NOT post large-format pictures in this forum to ensure your pictures are recognized by the Soompi Servers.  I cut my pictures down by at least 50% in order to maximize as many as I can place in one post (as you can see below).

Saying that, here's the screencaps I'm gonna stare at for the next few days.  Tuxedo?  Check.  Hair swept back ever-so-slightly?  Check.  Sad Hazel Eyes with one tear forming?  CHECK.  Major swoonage happening?  CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK!!  :x

6e90f071.jpg

c9ac2339.jpg

Guest Tarits

@cherkell - something is really wrong at soompi. This is my 2nd time to post as the one I just did is not showing.

Anyway, I said I know Eun Jung is the lead. I also know that now that London Olympics will be shown in Seoul, the 2 ending episodes of GDignty will be delayed by  a week and so the initial telecast of  PForest will also be delayed by a week.  We can't do anything except... sigh.

Doesn't Jihun looks so handsome here?  (credit Gung 7)  563518_448084281890251_162041200_n.jpg

563518_448084281890251_162041200_n.jpg

Archived