[Drama 2012] Five Fingers (다섯손가락)

cherkell

Note: This is my second time trying to post this, so I hope it doesn't show up more than once.

I've been reading the previews for Five Fingers, so I see why some Eunjung fans are concerned. Although her character is the romantic interest of the lead male character, we don't know much about her character yet.

In contrast, Chae Si Ra's character seems like it will be the catalyst for driving much of this drama. The promos for Five Fingers have been stressing the dark, complex nature of this drama. Chae Si Ra is a powerful actress who has played dark, complex characters, so I see why the PR for Five Fingers is highlighting her involvement.

It's possible that both actresses will be considered female leads. It wouldn't be the first time a drama didn't have one clear lead female or male character. I just hope all the characters are well-written so that no one gets left behind. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened in Warrior Baek Dong Soo. That drama started with two female leads. However, by the end, one of those female leads had come a supporting character. That was weird.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@

cherkell -

something is really wrong at soompi. This is my 2nd time to post as the one I just did is not showing.

Anyway, I said I know Eun Jung is the lead. I also know that now that London Olympics will be shown in Seoul, the 2 ending episodes of GDignty will be delayed by  a week and so the initial telecast of  PForest will also be delayed by a week.  We can't do anything except... sigh.

Doesn't Jihun looks so handsome here?  (credit Gung 7) 

563518_448084281890251_162041200_n.jpg

Guest Tarits

From hunnie Fey, PForest is closely similar to the 5 fingers manga. No socks?  Manga no shoes! (thanks so much Fey)

551106_448225881876091_350395728_n.jpg

Note: This is my second time trying to post this, so I hope it doesn't show up more than once.

I've been reading the previews for Five Fingers, so I see why some Eunjung fans are concerned. Although her character is the romantic interest of the lead male character, we don't know much about her character yet.

In contrast, Chae Si Ra's character seems like it will be the catalyst for driving much of this drama. The promos for Five Fingers have been stressing the dark, complex nature of this drama. Chae Si Ra is a powerful actress who has played dark, complex characters, so I see why the PR for Five Fingers is highlighting her involvement.

It's possible that both actresses will be considered female leads. It wouldn't be the first time a drama didn't have one clear lead female or male character. I just hope all the characters are well-written so that no one gets left behind. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened in Warrior Baek Dong Soo. That drama started with two female leads. However, by the end, one of those female leads had come a supporting character. That was weird.

just saw a clear the trailer this morning (that was after watching the AGD episodes) and boy, i am already excited to watch them on playing the piano . . . i dont't really care if the playdate for this drama get pushed back due to the olympics though . . . this doesn't hamper my excitement to watch an angsty melodrama again!!! 

Guest Tarits

@cherKell, - I read GDignity will just start earlier than scheduled to give way to the London Olympics so it is likely PForest will meet its initial airing date.
  Btway, you may also need to report to soompi that the site has really gone haywire - I see notifications that so and so sent me messages when I do not even know them. Then someone sent me a message, it got through, I do not know her and asked if I sent her a message. I told her I did not and what she experienced happened to me too, that is 4 people supposedly sent me messages when I saw no message and I do not know them. I think this is another matter that soompi needs to address aside from postings disappearing and messages disappearing too. Sigh. Sometimes I think the old layout is better.

@sakki - it is good to see yo here. I am glad.

2 new pics of Jihun, thanks to hunnie Fey:

255229_448508978514448_766137348_n.jpg

And one more:

306764_448508711847808_756218318_n.jpg

Waves to  all posting in this drama.

From Gung7:

283693_448516418513704_1586419110_n.jpg

And this also from Gung 7:

526460_448516275180385_476219402_n.jpg

From SBS:
555714_448520588513287_109802660_n.jpg

and:

554934_448520755179937_1321500915_n.jpg

Guest xopo17

Jo Min-ki special appearance in "Five Fingers"

photo248580.jpg

Actor Jo Min-ki made a special appearance in the new SBS Theater "Five Fingers".

As Yoo Man-se, he is the owner of an instrument manufacturing company, husband to Chae Si-ra's husband and father to Yoo Ji-ho (Joo Ji-hoon), genius pianist and Yoo In-ha (Ji Chang-wook).

"Five Fingers" is about the fight and revenge of rich successors and genius pianists.

To be aired next month after "A Gentleman's Dignity" at SBS.

Source : news.nate.com

@CherKell, what went wrong with Warrior Baek Dong Soo was that the writers didn't have enough material for one of the female lead characters, Yoo Ji Sun. They made things worse by romantically pairing her up with the wrong male lead. This character had more chemistry with the male lead character, Yeo Woon, than she had with the other male lead character, Baek Dong Soo. It also didn't help things that the actress' acting was very flat. I have a feeling this was due to the PD's request.

For Five Fingers, if it looks like the romantic pairings are not working out, I hope they don't sacrifice any of the characters because of this. That's why I want them to make sure they write each character well as an individual before they write them in romantic relationships. This way, even if the romances don't work out, each character can still be an integral part of the drama.

This is one reason why I'm not concerned about the delay due to the Olympics. In fact, this news makes me happy because delays give Five Finger's PD/writers/directors more time to work on this drama without as many last minute pressures. This is why one of my favorite dramas continues to be Return of Iljimae. That drama was delayed so many times that it was almost complete by the time it aired. As a result, it was one of the most satisfying dramas I've ever seen because you could tell that the PD wasn't making stuff up as he went along.

This is what I hope for with Five Fingers.

Guest aegyo.

referring to the trailer. who's the little boy that plays little InHa? it seems like the little boy riding the bike is little jisang with little dami, and the boy that had a concert wearing the white suit is little inha? i don't know for sure. does anyone know who plays little inha if that really is him?
and woot woot, press conference in a few days! looking forward to seeing some clips of it.

This is one reason why I'm not concerned about the delay due to the Olympics. In fact, this news makes me happy because delays give Five Finger's PD/writers/directors more time to work on this drama without as many last minute pressures. This is why one of my favorite dramas continues to be Return of Iljimae. That drama was delayed so many times that it was almost complete by the time it aired. As a result, it was one of the most satisfying dramas I've ever seen because you could tell that the PD wasn't making stuff up as he went along.

This is what I hope for with Five Fingers.

Guest Tarits

@eja - my pleasure to post anything new that I see about the drama.

@cherKell - if in the future I post anything wrong, please feel free to correct me. Sometimes my fingers are too fast and you are correct, if any photo has already been posted, it should be not reposted. But you know, sometimes we all get super excited so once in a while we slip. But I guess with your reminder, we will all follow.

This drama is going to be awesome, just awesome and this thread will really be rocking and rolling!

Hugs to everyone!

@Tarits, I also expect good things from this drama because I've loved everything I've seen Chae Si-ra and Joo Ji-hoon in. So far, I've only seen Ji Chang-wook in one thing, but I loved him in that. So, yes, my expectations are high. I know the actors will be impressive, I just hope the writing lives up to their talents.

@CherKell, the problems with the writing for Ji Sun in Warrior Baek Dong Soo started long before the extension episodes. They started when Ji Sun's tattoo was removed from her back so early in the drama. After that, the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her. So, they gave her that lame merchant storyline and made her the object of kidnapping or kidnapping threats.

I remember being surprised when I first saw the scene where her tattoo was removed because that had been a focal point of the storyline and Ji Sun's primary reason for being a main character. At that point, there was too much going on in that drama for her to get much screentime as just the romantic interest of one of the male leads. Because of this, I wondered where the storyline was going and what was planned for Ji Sun. Apparently nothing was planned for her because, in the end, she had become just the girlfriend of one of the male leads.

Like you, I was also surprised to find out that viewers in Korean liked her with Dong Soo because when they were on screen together they created negative chemistry. In contrast, I liked each character with the other characters much better.

Talking about WBDS also reminded me of how much I hated the pacing of the extension episodes, so I hope Five Fingers doesn't go beyond the planned 30 episodes. I don't want to see the actors and those behind the scenes get too stressed and overworked from trying to complete extra episodes in a short amount of time. Nor, do I want to see the drama damaged by the addition of extra episodes at the last minute.

referring to the trailer. who's the little boy that plays little InHa? it seems like the little boy riding the bike is little jisang with little dami, and the boy that had a concert wearing the white suit is little inha? i don't know for sure. does anyone know who plays little inha if that really is him?

and woot woot, press conference in a few days! looking forward to seeing some clips of it.

Guest Tarits

Gosh I posted something and again it did not show.

There are several dates to remember for and about Jihun.  July 25th, July 30th to August 1st, August 9th which is the initial showing of his movie, there is a presscon, there is a tour like fanmeet with 100 lucky fans to be given tickets, there is a piano contest concert like event also and there is a wide media blitz in Seoul to promote his movie with Lotte and CGV cinemas joining hands along with another large scale chain of cinemas with 12 theaters. There is no way that will stop the movie from becoming a big hit which will of course positively flow to the drama Five Fingers.

Look at his handsome face:

ayk4h3zciaan4yu.jpg

And all the hunnies/hyoonies are one in saying:  happy days are here again!

Archived