[Drama 2012] The Great Seer 대풍수

Admin

The Great Seer needs more love... So far it exceeded my expectations in terms of visual & acting. Gorgeous cinematography. I agree with you @crimsonskyx, this is what I expected Faith to be. 
Bed scene on ep 1, hot passionate kissing scene on ep 2; what else can we expect for this drama? =)  
Ji Jin Hee, he's a very hot ahjussi.. :D So is he playing as the tribal leader in ep 1 & 2?  

I don't understand anything they said, but will wait patiently for the subbers to sub this drama. 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I'm a bit surprised
Some news said those 2 first episodes were criticized for 2 many hot scenes ^^
But, ok, they need to show us how the plot go. I'm fine with it
I love Lee Jin, she always has innocent look, surprised she was in some hot scenes here LOL

The ratings rise a little in ep 2. From 6.5 to 7.0 %

Source: http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=17392

VNFAN said: Oh, I'm a bit surprised
Some news said those 2 first episodes were criticized for 2 many hot scenes ^^
But, ok, they need to show us how the plot go. I'm fine with it
I love Lee Jin, she always has innocent look, surprised she was in some hot scenes here LOL

The ratings rise a little in ep 2. From 6.5 to 7.0 %

Source: http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=17392

Guest NewHeart

KARA’s Gyuri sings for ‘The Great Seer’ OST

20121010_thegreatseer_gyuri.jpg

KARA‘s Gyuri has participated in the OST of the drama ‘The Great Seer‘!

The singer has released not just one but two songs for the drama including “Breaking Fate” and “Flower (Littles)”.

“Breaking Fate” is a song that the viewers of the drama should already be familiar with as the song has been played throughout the drama, so check it out below!

“Flower (Littles)”

source : allkpop

crit: @willenette

Guest NewHeart

‘The Great Seer' Ji Jin Hee makes a charismatic first appearance

‘The Great Seer' Ji Jin Hee makes a charismatic first appearance

Ji Jin Hee opened up drama 'The Great Seer' with a great charisma.

The first episode of SBS drama 'The Great Seer' aired on 10th, and it started with the setting that Lee Sung Gye(Ji Jin Hee) is not supposed to become the king.

During the episode, Lee Sung Gye was told, "The sky's will is not with you. You are only a human who can change it," and he realized that his destiny is to change the sky's will. Thus, he decided to make a rebellion, and showed his amazing charisma.

Lee Sung Gye's look was much different from what viewers anticipated. He was covered in leather outfits, and he drew people's attention with his explosive charisma.

Especially, Lee Sung Gye's amazing military tactics and skills mesmerized many viewers.

While he casted as more gentle and calm characters in other dramas, he will be showing more rough and even reckless looks, and portrait Lee Sung Gye totally different from people's thoughts.

crit:http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com

Guest crimsonskyx

vi4 said: The Great Seer needs more love... So far it exceeded my expectations in terms of visual & acting. Gorgeous cinematography. I agree with you @crimsonskyx, this is what I expected Faith to be. 
Bed scene on ep 1, hot passionate kissing scene on ep 2; what else can we expect for this drama? =)  
Ji Jin Hee, he's a very hot ahjussi.. :D So is he playing as the tribal leader in ep 1 & 2?  

I don't understand anything they said, but will wait patiently for the subbers to sub this drama. 

Guest farstrep

class="at_ttl ml10"'The Great Seer' Three Secrets Revealed by the Director

By KDramaStars Staff Writer | Oct 12, 2012 04:02 PM EDT

'The Great Seer'

Director Lee Yong Suk revealed three secrets regarding the first episode of SBS major production, "The Great Seer."

Before revealing the secrets, the setting of "The Great Seer" must be clarified to those who are unfamiliar with Korea's history.

The shaman of Goguryeo foretells that a 자미원국 (pronounced "Ja-mi-won-gook") will appear and that it needs to be discovered for the prosperity of the royal family. Although the "Ja-mi-won-gook" is Gogureo's hope, it is also a fear at the same time. The fear is rooted from the fact that Goguryeo is under the power of the Yuan Monarchy and discovering the "Ja-mi-won-gook" will anger the people of the Yuan Dynasty.

Like Us on Facebook

Almost the whole beginning of "The Great Seer" is based on the concept and the location of this land that is said to have the power to bring prosperity to the royal family of Goguryeo.

Continuing on: The First Secret

The first secret is about the newly debuted actor Choi Jae Woong, who plays the character of Dong Ryun. Dong Ryun learns of the location of the "Ja-mi-won-guk" but also discovers that they must wait 50 years for the land to appear. Dong Ryun decides to keep the news to himself as a secret, which places him in jail for 10 years with continuous tortures.

During his time in jail, Dong Ryun eats the bugs in his cell in order to survive. The director revealed that the scene was filmed with real live bugs. It turns out that Choi Jae Woong actually put a 5cm beetle in his mouth and actually chewed it for the drama.

On TV, the only scene that was shown was Dong Ryun putting the beetle in his mouth but it has been revealed that Choi Jae Woong actually chewed on the bug. Regarding this scene, Choi Jae Woong stated, "When I put the bug in my mouth, I felt the beetle's legs moving in my mouth."

The Second Secret

The second secret is that Lee Jin had to be in the water for approximately 8 hours for a 10-second scene.

Young Ji (Lee Jin) goes after Dong Ryun (Choi Jae Woong), who escaped the Goguryeo warriors in a boat. However, Dong Yun's boat is far beyond reach and Young Ji, who had been riding a horse, is thrown into the deep waters of the river. Just when Young Ji is about to get carried away by the water, Dong Ryun pulls her into the boat to save her.

For this scene, Lee Jin had to fall into the water several times from the back of the horse. Lee Jin successfully completed the scene without any difficulty regardless of the countless hours that went into the 10-second scene. The explosive response towards Lee Jin after the broadcast of the first episode must be the result of all her hard work.

The Third Secret

The last secret revealed by the director is about the sword dance that was performed by the guards protecting the palace, in front of the King of Goryeo and the ambassador of the Yuan Dynasty. It turns out; the sword fight was rehearsed for two straight months.

The ambassador of the Yuan dynasty becomes suspicious of the meaning behind the sword dance and executes the leader of the guards who performed the dance. This scene involving the sword dance expressed a deep meaning of the situation of Korea in the actual time period when it was under control of the Yuan Dynasty.

The choreography was created 2 years ago by professionals and went through 5 modifications before it was taught to the actors/performers. The scene became a work of art that was created after 2 straight months of practice.

Meanwhile, the second episode of "The Great Seer" features Dong Ryun and his discovery of the "Ja-mi-won-gook" and his relationship with Young Ji. The second episode of "The Great Seer" was aired yesterday, October 11.

© 2012 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/6076/20121012/great-seer-three-secrets-revealed-director.htm

class="at_ttl ml10"Lee Yoon Ji Wears A Risky Dress That Shows Her Voluminous Body Next To Ji Sung

By KDramaStars Staff Writer | Oct 09, 2012 12:40 PM EDT

Actress Lee Yoon Ji and actor Ji Sung showed their charms.

Actress Lee Yoon Ji and actor Ji Sung showed off their charms.

Actress Lee Yoon Ji wrote on her Twitter on October 7th saying, "meet the Busan version of 'The Great Seer' 'Banya Meets Ji Sang. I met him during the second day of star road," and uploaded a picture. 

In the picture actress Lee Yoon Ji uploaded, she is standing near Ji Sung, while both of them are looking into the camera. Actress Lee Yoon Ji was seen wearing a tight black dress that showed off her voluminous body. With this dress, she showed her sexiness. Actor Ji Sung was seen wearing a suit that gave off a gentleman vibe. 

Like Us on Facebook

Netizens who saw the picture of actress Lee Yoon Ji and actor Ji Sung together commented, "she's a good looking girl, and he's a good looking guy," "Lee Yoon Ji's body is really good," "the two look really good together," "Ji Sung keeps getting cooler looking as the days go by."

Meanwhile, Lee Yoon Ji and Ji Sung are to act together in the new SBS Wednesday and Thursday drama 'The Great Seer' that will air it's first episode on October 10th. 

© 2012 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/5919/20121009/lee-yoon-ji-wears-risky-dress-shows.htm

Guest rocky5053

Wow....i never though Lee Jin acting was this good.she have such a skill in acting!! .because of her pretty innocent look and her flawless acting...,suddenly i feel so jealous because of her passionate kiss.(Mad MooD) :(( :D

I'm surprised to see the Queen drawing the sword to the guess in front of the King? Isn't that a bit unrealistic? No respect for the King? Do women has that much power back then?

I also find the camera work of the first 15 minutes a bit distracting. I hope it will get better as it goes.

Archived