K-POP STAR SEASON 2 AUDITIONS

Guest wynniebear

Guest swtchunsa

i got an email recently for NY and LA auditions. even though i didnt even apply for the NY one. are they just emailing everyone this yr like last yr or is it exclusive this yr?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

numbah1_babo said: Wait, sorry for posting twice but can you attend auditions only if they email you? Or are you allowed to go to auditions automatcally if you apply through an application. (I applied to an audition in New York)

Guest Min-Jung1999

F.A.Q

1) When should I hear back from you after I send in the application?
A - 1 to 2 weeks.

2) When should I hear back about where auditions are?
A - Exact locations for LA and NY will be sent out in soon.

3) OMG! I Don't know any Korean! Can I still audition?
A - Yes.

4) What if I can't sing in Korean?
A - You do need to be able to pronounce Korean. You DO NOT need to know the meaning... just pronounce clearly so that we know you're saying.

5) Do I need a parental consent form to audition in LA or NY?
A - Per US law, NOT Korean law, IF you are 17 or younger (a minor), YES.

6) Where can I get the consent form?
A - It will be emailed to you when we need them.

7) How long can the songs be and how many?
A - 30 sec of one Korean song and 30 sec of one English song

8) Will transportation and lodging be provided by SBS for LA and NY auditions?
A - NO. You must provide your own transportation and lodging

9) SBS will provide a round trip plane ticket to Korea for the 2nd round, but will SBS provide lodging as well?
A- Yes. If you DO NOT have a friend or family in Korea.

10) I live in the US. Can I send in the Youtube video link?
A - NO. Youtube auditions are only open to those who live outside the US.

11) How do I send in my picture with the application?
A - Copy & paste ㅡㅡ;;

12) When are the auditions?
A - NY Sept. 8th & 9th / LA Sept. 15th & 16

13) OMG... What about school?!?!
A - Auditions are Sat & Sun... ㅡㅡ

14) When do we go to Korea?
A - If you pass the LA or NY auditions, we will let you know when you will need to come to Korea.

15) Which application should I download?
A - Overseas application...

16) Help! I can't download the overseas application from tv.sbs.co.kr/kpopstar
A - Please send an email to kpop.la@gmail.com and ask for an application

17) I sent an application but haven't heard back from you guys. Can I send multiple applications?
A - NO. One application is fine.

18) Can we audition in groups?
A - Yes

19) How do we fill out the application as a group?
A - Everyone needs to fill out a separate application.

20) Are you guys in charge of the Youtube auditions?
A - No. The Korean audition team is in charge of Youtube auditions. We're only in charge of the US auditions.

Guest starzXshinee

I am not sure the date is released online yet but New York auditions are on September 8-9 and LA auditions are on September 15-16. Good luck everyone!!

Guest numbah1_babo

LeahHeartsDBSK said: numbah1_babo said: Wait, sorry for posting twice but can you attend auditions only if they email you? Or are you allowed to go to auditions automatcally if you apply through an application. (I applied to an audition in New York)

Guest akiramizu

Hello, I have sent my application form to audition in London, is here anybody who is going to audition there?And then, I have a question I know that it is too soon, but I was wondering if anybody knows what happens if you are selected, I mean, I know that we will have to go to Korea and this..but..what happens with our studies? And how long are the auditions, as I saw on the last season..they ended in April! People who are from Korea it is alright they are there..but foreigners?
Thank you in advance! =)

Guest numbah1_babo

Vivian said: You're going to have to print out your application and bring it anyways, so I think you're fine. The email you get is just telling you that you're invited to the real audition in Sept. 

Guest numbah1_babo

I uploaded it on scribd. Hopefully the formatting wasn't messed up in the upload process. Enjoy!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103543076

Guest akiramizu

Hi again, I just wanted to know how long does the program takes..if I am not wrong is from November to April, so that is 6 months of school absence if you are in the top 10? Is not too much,,It is just curiosity,,,I'm going to go to the auditions anyway but it's just that maybe is too long because there are going to be very young people..not only 18-19 year old but also 16 and younger,..
Thanks!

So I got an email from Kpop Star inviting me to audition and to confirm my audition by replying with an application...but I never even sent them anything lol. They contacted me first haha. I auditioned last year, so maybe they dug up my information to contact me? What do you think about it? Did anyone else have this happen to them?

Guest Min-Jung1999

I recently got a phonecall from them talking about the NJ auditions, Since I wasn't home at the time (My mom answered the phone) I didn't get full details about what they phoned about... Did any of you get phonecalls?
& I need help, I accidently sent my application in for NJ audition when I was trying to send my application for the online audition, do I just send another application to online audition ?

Guest beguileiota

Min-Jung1999 said: I recently got a phonecall from them talking about the NJ auditions, Since I wasn't home at the time (My mom answered the phone) I didn't get full details about what they phoned about... Did any of you get phonecalls?
& I need help, I accidently sent my application in for NJ audition when I was trying to send my application for the online audition, do I just send another application to online audition ?

Archived