Official YOOMIN Couple Thread : Gong Yoo ♡ Lee Min Jung

the girl who!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now ... time to squeeeeeel! Why Gong Yoo is so sweet with Min Jung... just saw this new BTS pic and almost fell of my chair ... cuteness overload! <3
look at the way he's staring at her  ♥ ... my god , Gong Yoo , please ... stop doing this to us xD YooMin all the way! <333333 
Source : Just Min Jung

BIG and our gorgeous YooMin couple was mentioned on CNN!!!! =)
The jump from J-drama to K-drama
imageLee Min jung, left and Gong Yoo, right, star in the Korean romcom, "Big." The show is based on Tom Hanks' hit 1988 movie.
When I became a hardcore fan of Japanese dramas, I thought I'd discovered the alpha and omega of Asian entertainment.
Crammed with manga-esque storylines, good looking pop stars, and dream romances, J-drama was perfect. When friends mentioned Korean drama, I turned my nose up at them, uninterested in anything that didn't stoke my Japan-centric obsession.
Older, wiser and having developed an insatiable appetite for Asian idol culture, I've now warmed up to Korean media.
Korean pop music was my gateway drug - I couldn't resist the catchy songs. Google reinforced my new interest not long after that, promoting an all-Korean concert at their headquarters and pushing the trend called "Korean Wave" (also called Hallyu) to a whole new audience of potential fans. By that time, I was completely converted when it came to the music, even finding indie Korean acts such as Guckkasten and Glen Check to fall in love with. Fully enticed by these Korean stars, I was ready to find out why Korean dramas inspired equally devoted fans.
"The Korean entertainment industry has grown immensely over the last few decades, and dramas are now being produced with enormous budgets,  aimed for export more so than ever before," said Girlfriday, writer for the highly active drama community Dramabeans.
"They're produced slickly, enough to compete with American entertainment, and tend to be romance-centric. They also tell a complete story in 16 to 20 episodes, so its just long enough to get you addicted to something and just short enough that you don't feel burdened by picking up a show," Girlfriday said.
Like the Japanese dramas I'm used to, K-dramas are broken into subcategories by genre. The most popular shows are referred to as "trendies" in fan circles, and usually feature popular casts with young protagonists. There's also "ajumma" drama, which feature older or divorced female characters who find new love, "sageuk" drama, which plays out fictionalized versions of Korean history, and "makjang" drama, which is the closest thing to the American soap opera, traditionally taking a sensational approach with lots of absurd twists and turns. Korean dramas also include thrillers, action/intrigue and procedural genres.
But for all their similarities, K-drama has some major differences from J-drama. For instance, Korean shows air two episodes a week, whereas Japanese shows only air one. The biggest difference of all, however, is a key one: availability. While Japanese shows are rarely licensed for the American market, Korean shows are readily available through American-based services such as Hulu and Dramafever. Therefore, audiences outside of Korea can get their hands on them sooner.
Part of the magic of Korean drama is its finite length, said Dramabeans' founder, known online as Javabeans.
"Because every Korean drama is one season long, whether that's 16 episodes or 100, it means you get the story you're meant to get, that the writers meant to tell, " she said. "One season allows for sufficient time to bond with the characters, to watch them grow and fall in love with them, but it isn't so vast a space in which to lose sight of what makes them so appealing in the first place."
So the formula makes Korean dramas addictive for fans and keeps us coming back. But with the growing presence of the Korean Wave, it seems like dramas may have a greater significance than just entertainment factor. "Winter Sonata," the second installment in a four part series from director Yoon Seok-Ho, has gained credit for pushing the Korean drama movement into Japan thanks to its tremendous commercial success.  The show's impact was so major that it has often been suggested that it helped to bridge relations between the two countries.
" 'Winter Sonata' wasn't necessarily created with the intent of making it big in Japan, but it struck a chord there whose reverberations can still be felt a decade later," Javabeans said about the show. "Dramas and pop culture bridge a gap that can't be achieved through official policy or political maneuvering. What people respond to is the universality of the themes, coupled with the unique perspective of this one particular culture. It's fresh, without being quite foreign. In cultivating Hallyu abroad, you've exported your cultural perspective in a warm, friendly package."
This goes both ways, said Javabeans. Anime, pop music and dramas from Japan are popular in Korea as well.
"Pop culture provides a connection between the two countries that has been depoliticized; it enables communication and exchange while removing ideology and policy from the conversation."
As more and more fans become aware of what Korean entertainment has to offer, the demand for it will continue to grow. But will fans outside of Korean continue to follow drama, even if the Korean Wave comes and goes? Dan Acton, a blogger and the official representative for Dramafever, thinks that they will.
"People might first be drawn to k-dramas out of curiosity, but pretty soon they get hooked on the story and just have to find out what happens next," Acton said. "It's feel-good TV in the best possible sense: romantic, sexy and fun, but also really moving and intelligent. There's a fresh, genuine quality to the storytelling and characters that American audiences find refreshing. You get the complete story in a relatively short number of episodes, so you get your fix, and then you move on to the next one."
Source : CNN

hahaha fans are jealous of how much cute is Gong Yoo towards Min Jung xD 
Additional BTS Cuts of Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung’s Wedding Photoshoot
KBS has released additional behind-the-scenes pictures from Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung’s wedding from their drama Big.
The images were released on June 22 and gives fans a closer look at Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung as they shot their wedding photos.
In one picture, Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung are seen going over their lines while another shot shows the two sharing a big hearty laugh. 
The picture most receiving the attention is that of Gong Yoo offering his jacket to Lee Min Jung to clutch over her shoulders. 
Netizens commented on the pictures saying, “I have never been more jealous of another woman than now.”, “Please offer me your jacket too Gong Yoo” and “They would make such a gorgeous couple.” 
Lee Min Jung and Gong Yoo′s characters ended up not getting married, but still shot their wedding photos in the June 18 episode. 
Source : Enewsworld

ok .. this just made my day xD ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! OMG OMG xD * Happy YooMin fan *
'Big' New Photos From Gong Yoo - Lee Min Jung Wedding Shoot Released
otp.jpg
Behind-the-scenes cuts of Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung's wedding photo shoot were released.
From the fifth episode of KBS2's Monday-Tuesday drama 'Big' that aired on the 18th, the wedding photoshoot scene caused a sensation among the fans and viewers, and now previously unreleased photos from the shoot are being revealed for the first time.
Some of the stills feature Lee Min Jung, who has tranformed into a beautiful bride and is focusing on her script; it is reported that the male staff were at a loss for words at her sight. Other stills show Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung together in sync, running towards doves; they could not resist bursting into laughter after an NG during the shot, which had all the happiness of an actual couple at a wedding shoot.    The photos, which also show Gong Yoo taking care of Lee Min Jung on top of rehearsing together, have female fans talking all over the Internet. Responding to images of Gong Yoo putting his jacket around Lee Min Jung, Netizens have shown affection, saying "Gong Yoo, please cover me up too", "I don't care if it's in the middle of summer if it's you covering me up", "Gong Yoo is a real gentleman", and "I'm so jealous of Min Jung".
All in all, the photos show why the two lead actors have such good chemistry, and a source with the production company supported this point, saying that "the two were taking care of each other and being nervous as if it were a real wedding shoot. Every second of the shoot was filled with laughter." 
Source : Korea Portal

Guest cutepinkers

STOP WORLD!!! Guys ..... haven't you noticed their HANDS?????????????  ;;) 8->
yoomin_big-bts3.jpg
bang bang! me died!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

Guest cutepinkers

ok .. this just made my day xD ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! OMG OMG xD * Happy YooMin fan *
'Big' New Photos From Gong Yoo - Lee Min Jung Wedding Shoot Released
otp.jpg
Behind-the-scenes cuts of Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung's wedding photo shoot were released.
From the fifth episode of KBS2's Monday-Tuesday drama 'Big' that aired on the 18th, the wedding photoshoot scene caused a sensation among the fans and viewers, and now previously unreleased photos from the shoot are being revealed for the first time.
Some of the stills feature Lee Min Jung, who has tranformed into a beautiful bride and is focusing on her script; it is reported that the male staff were at a loss for words at her sight. Other stills show Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung together in sync, running towards doves; they could not resist bursting into laughter after an NG during the shot, which had all the happiness of an actual couple at a wedding shoot.    The photos, which also show Gong Yoo taking care of Lee Min Jung on top of rehearsing together, have female fans talking all over the Internet. Responding to images of Gong Yoo putting his jacket around Lee Min Jung, Netizens have shown affection, saying "Gong Yoo, please cover me up too", "I don't care if it's in the middle of summer if it's you covering me up", "Gong Yoo is a real gentleman", and "I'm so jealous of Min Jung".
All in all, the photos show why the two lead actors have such good chemistry, and a source with the production company supported this point, saying that "the two were taking care of each other and being nervous as if it were a real wedding shoot. Every second of the shoot was filled with laughter." 
Source : Korea Portal

Hi chingu !!!

Thanks for fan pics and Sponsor pix!! GY cute ah:))

Wait for our BIG monday. Really miss them!!

Pray again KBS pls give us

more BTS ... Wanna see more !!

I'm a bit too late posting these gifs ... but ... better late than never! gosh, this is one of my favorite momments of YooMin  
When they were filming the snowy date and during a break , Gong Yoo was beyond cute with our Min Jung .... here is the epic moment : 
1 . OMG! What are you doing oppa??? * LOL Min Jung was surprised when he started to play with her hat *
yoomin1-o.gif
2 . After the surprise ... Min Jung burst into laughs * nervous, unnie??? * ♥ xD
yoomin2-o.gif
3 . Gong Yoo, you're the cutest man on earth .... unnieeeeeee! He's sooooo into you!
           yoomin3-o.gif
Aren't they the cutest pair ever????  

‘Big’ Gong Yoo & Lee Min Jung – ‘There Was Only One Person I Longed For..’
On the 21st of June, never-before-seen photos of the scenes from the drama “Big” have been released on the drama’s official website. The set of photos were titled, “The Two of Them Started Up Again on One Two Three” and revealed Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung on set of “Big.”
On the 6th episode of “Big” that was aired on the 19th of June featured Kang Kyung Joon (Gong Yoo) who returned to Korea after one year of studying abroad. At a friend’s wedding, Gil Da Ran (Lee Min Jung) and Kang Kyung Joon in Seo Yoon Jae’s body meet for the first time after a year. In front of everyone, Kang Kyung Joon in Seo Yoon Jae’s body grabs Gil Da Ran’s hand and takes her out of the wedding to talk.
The only reason Kang Kyoong Jun attended the wedding was to ask Gil Da Ran for a favor. Kang Kyung Joon was trying to avoid Seo Yoon Jae’s mother who has been insisting that he marry right away.
When Gil Da Ran refuses and begins to walk away, Kang Kyung Joon says, “I missed you. The one and only person that calls me Kang Kyung Joon.” Gil Da Ran is the only person that knows about the switch between Kang Kyung Joon and Seo Yoon Jae.
Meanwhile, in the 6th episode of “Big” featured Jang Mari (miss A’s Suzy) discovering that Seo Yoon Jae and Kang Kyung Joon’s bodies have been changed.
Source : Kpopstarz

Archived