[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2012] No Good Either Way 衝呀!瘦薪兵團

sugarplum892

e8a19de590a7efbc81e798a6e896aae585b5e59c
Details:
Title:  衝呀!瘦薪兵團  / Chung A! Shou San Bing TuenEnglish title: No Good Either WayGenre: Modern, ComedyEpisodes: 20Production Company: TVBProducer: Amy Wong Sum WaiBroadcast period: June 11, 2012 (replacing House of Harmony and Vengeance)
Synopsis:
With Administration Department manager CHE WING-HAN, VIOLET (Florence Kwok) playing office politics, the future of product designer MO NGA-LIK, ALEX (Ruco Chan) and marketing officer MAN KA-WA, STEVE (Louis Yuen) is doomed to be gloomy, no matter how much their boss KO WAI-TING, SAM (Au Kam Tong) appreciates them.
In their disappointed eyes, TING has committed every of the “Ten Sins of the Bosses”. KA-WA therefore starts up his own business with his Indian good friend INTERPAL SINGH (Gill Mohinderpaul Singh/Kiu Bo Bo) behind WAI-TING’s back. Fate has it that NGA-LIK’s girlfriend LING LING-CHING (Krystal Tin) will later join his company and with their concerted effort they fight WING-HAN off. Now that NGA-LIK is the manager and KA-WA has become the boss, they start to treat their employees badly, committing the “Ten Sins of the Bosses” themselves. MO KIN-YEE, KIN (Natalie Tong) is member of the “post-80s” generation. It is her dream to own a flat but she acts so rashly that she ends up buying a haunted apartment. On the other hand, she meets YIU YEE-LONG, AARON (Jason Chan). While she considers him to be a “great value-for-money apartment” at the beginning, he turns out to be an “uncompleted flat”…

Cast:Ruco ChanKristal TinLouis YuenNatalie TongStephen AuFlorence KwokJason ChanGlen LeeYeung Chiu HoiOil Chan Hong KinCeline MaYvonne HoJel LamCandice Chiu
Trailer: http://youtu.be/YkkHmfDyjew

Guest loop.statement

wow. good to see Florence Kwok on tv shoes more often. She looks good and her acting is not always the same no more. LOL. I saw a big difference in "Wax and Wane"... she played really well compared to her typical one-dimensional roles of "rich wife" with a few lines. Haha.

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.3; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Ruco Chan now certain of his self-worth in this industry
Thursday June 14, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/1m628.jpg
Since Ruco Chan’s return to TVB, he has appeared in several series and rapidly makes it to the first line as a Siu Sung. In the latest series No Good Either Way, he plays the lead actor, a laid back young man paired with Kristal Tin. This is considered his first official lead role in a light-hearted comedy series, he frankly expressed he had a pleasant collaboration with Kristal and Louis Yuen. He said: "I don't usually talk to my costars because when I first came back [to TVB], I really isolated myself and didn’t have any self-confidence. I felt there were a lot of things I didn’t know and still had to learn. This time they helped open me up and the atmosphere felt really good, very interactive and allowed me to release myself.” {C}(TN: The premiere of No Good Either Way averaged at 30pts, and peaked at 32pts)

When speaking of the recent praises he got from others, such as director Patrick Kong, who especially named him as the most stand out TVB Siu Sang and praised his good acting skills. Ruco said: “Actually I have never collaborated with Patrick Kong before, I really thank him for the compliments though!”

Praised by producers and directors, Ruco expressed this is his happiest time since graduating from the TVB Artiste Training Class. He expressed TVB does indeed have a lot of suitable jobs for him: “There are a lot of people here that watched me grow, are very loyal and believe that I’m valuable. This makes me feel like all the work and effort in the last 10 years paid off. Last year’s work, I faced them very critically. When shooting The Other Truth and Ruse to Engagement, I was really stressed, it felt like smashing the piggy bank and taking out the money. (Used it all?) No, after working for over 10 years, I have gained more experience.”

Ruco is often paired up with actresses older than him, earlier it was Maggie Cheung and now it’s Kristal Tin. Ruco said the most important is to be able to get into character. When asked in real life, does he mind if his other half is older than him? He said: “I don’t know! I never been in that situation, but I put more emphasis on ideals/thoughts, we must be able to communicate. Especially in this industry, if my other half is immature, then it’s gonna be really hard for her to understand.” 

Source: Apple Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

TVB Rating Reports (11/06/2012 - 17/06/2012)

Dramas:
No Good Either Way - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團 (EPS 01-05) - 28 PTS

Master of Play - 心戰 (EPS 16-20) - 24 PTS

• 3 weeks later...

Source: Mingpao

TVB Ratings Report (25/06/2012 - 01/07/2012)

Dramas
No Good Either Way - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團 (EPS 11-15) - 28 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 02 SUNDAY) - 28 PTS

Master of Play - 心戰 (EPS 26-30 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 30 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (COMING SOON...)

Complaints
- 'Master of Play' received a total of 122 complaints during its entire run, 9 of them were complaints on the finale week.
- 'Tiger Cubs' dropped 1 point, and received 2 complaints for the smoking scenes and that the broadcast was too late at night.

Note
- Witness Insecurity (護花危情) premiere (Monday 7/2) received 30 points, peaking at 31 points. 

Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily, CSM(by wacow)

TVB Rating Reports (02/07/2012 - 08/07/2012)

Dramas
No Good Either Way Finale - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團大結局 (EPS 20-21 FRIDAY) - 33 PTS (Peaking at 37 PTS)

Witness Insecurity - 護花危情 (EPS 01-04) - 30 PTS (Peaking at 33 PTS)

No Good Either Way - 衝呀!瘦薪兵團 (EPS 16-19) - 30 PTS

Tiger Cubs - 飛虎 (EP 03 SUNDAY) - 30 PTS

Come Home Love - 爱 · 回家 (EPS 36-40) - 25 PTS

Variety Shows
All Star World Exam - 環遊世界明星賽 (EP 01) - 29 PTS
Master So Food - 食得峰骚 (EP 11) - 24 PTS
Map of Happiness - 快樂地圖 (WEEKDAYS) - 23 PTS
Battle of Singing Stars 2012 - 2012翡翠歌星紅白鬥 (SATURDAY) - 19 PTS (Peaking at 22 PTS)

(CSM Media Research: 1 point represents 64,070 viewers)

Complaints
- 'Witness Insecurity': 85 complaints for animal abuse, sets a bad example.
- 'Come Home Love': 20 complaints that there is advertising within the series.
- 'Battle of Singing Stars 2012': Total 5 complaints. 1 complaint (BA) on some of the singers' performances were not on par and others had poor performance; 4 complaints (TVB). 2 complaints on Carol Cheng's comment ("Raymond Lam is good, others are garbage"), 1 complaint on the bad speakers, making singers get off-key and another on Adason Lo's little screen time.

Note
- Three Kingdoms RPG (回到三國) premiere averaged at 30 PTS, peaking at 34 PTS. [source: Weibo@劉家豪GH] 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-size: 26px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Kristal Tin willing to 'accompany' on-screen husband Ruco Chan on his nude run
u5w38.jpg ubf39.jpg
Yesterday No Good Either Way cast celebrated the great success of the finale ratings of 37 points. The cast including Kristal Tin, Louis Yuen, Natalie Tong and Matt Yeung attended, but lead actor Ruco Chan was absent since he's on vacation. During the toast, Louis and Kristal jokingly made a 'libation' to the absent Ruco. Kristal discloses earlier Ruco promised if the ratings reached 36 points, he would go for a nude run, she said: "I'm his wife in the series, so I'll accompany him... but I'll just be with my phone and taking pictures, then put them all online!"

Kristal will be going on vacation after this and will return in September to start a new series, but she doesn't have plans to have children. She actually hopes to buy a home instead: "The housing prices are so high now, this responsibility, I should leave it for my husband Chapman To. He's already recovered from his illness, have to start working hard again!"

Matt Yeung denied the earlier magazine reports that he and his girlfriend went to get a 'room' while he was shooting in Cheung Chau. He explained: "At the time, I was shooting in Cheung Chau and had a day off, so I told my girlfriend to come over." He expressed he'll be having his wedding both in the US and Hong Kong. In September, he will first hold his wedding in the US, and will go according to Chinese traditions, then he'll hold his Hong Kong wedding next year.

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-size: 26px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "Ruco Chan breaks the promise no nude run for high ratings
2q371.jpg aj672.jpg
Ruco Chan and Suki Tsui were recording a magic performance at a mall for TVB show (玩轉三周1/2). Ruco was worried the trick may be easily seen by audience at a mall: "There are people everywhere, can easily reveal the trick. If there are any mistakes, I'll just put up my Chok look." When speaking of Kristal Tin exposing that he promised to do a nude run if the No Good Either Way ratings reach 36 points, and in actuality the ratings went up to 37 points, he said: "Really? I didn't say that. I went for a jog at the beach earlier, but wasn't a nude jog. Next time I'll go topless!" Asked if he doesn't have confidence on his body figure? He expressed each individual will have an area they feel is a weakness. 

Archived