D.GRAY-MAN

Guest ShouHipon~

well .

am hearing all kinds of story..

but mostly it's about the creator being sick again..

but i've read the manga chappter 187..

it was awesome...

they cut a lot of part from the manga in the anime..

but still.. am hoping for the anime..

cuz reading the manga online can be quite a pain sometime... huhu

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xxrainbowsun

I doubt they will ever continue the anime. I think the plagiarism incident happened shortly before the anime stopped, which stopped for self-explanatory reasons.

Plus the anime, in my opinion, was a terrible depiction of the manga. Something about it just failed to deliver the full "omg" moments.

I believe the plagiarism is on the manga, not the anime.

You can read K3.'s post, or click here.

Guest Fook You

Hm...Maybe "self-explanatory reasons" was rather misleading.

I never intended that to mean that the plagiarism is in the anime.

Guest micoxdd

i liked it wen it first came out..it woulda been better if the author didnt get sick though =\ now it just seems like shes trying to rush the story and end it..

• 1 month later...
Guest xtinernguyen

I miss the anime!

It was my most favourite one! I'm not really into the manga if I've started watching the anime .. so I'm praying each day that they would make it again. But it's like a high unlikely :(

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rockette

I'm so upset that the Anime discontinued. :( I'm going to start reading the manga soon though. I'm very picky and capricious when it comes to choosing and praising an Anime/manga. I'm going to say without being influenced by anyone that D.Grayman has to be one of the few Anime series that has an amalgamation of horror, action, adventure, mystery, camaraderie, compassion and some controversial issues such as religion is included and yes I enjoyed watching it.

Many people have been comparing it to Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist, however when I watch a series, I watch it free from bias and even if I happen to find similarities along the way I don't over emphasize on it and scrutinize minor details and exhaust how "unoriginal" it is. Like I initially said, I'm quite meticulous when picking and praising Anime but this has to one of the best series I've seen in a very long time. I've enjoyed watching Anime again because of it. I was on hiatus for a period of time due to the lack of interest in plots and dissociation with characters but this series got me hooked instantly.

-Rockette

Guest Rockette

ohh...it takes time for the characters to come out.

but it is a very good anime.

i got hook on it right after ep. 3.

hrmm..

i never touch the manga..lol

i just watch the anime because the action is much better.

i think DGRAYMAN overrall rocks. the action is good. the story is excellent. every episode is either funny or interesting...im sad how...it ended...

im glad i collected it...^^

gah...i wonder when an anime as awesome as DGRAYMAN willl be out.

I think it's awesome too. It was rather unexpected though. Since so many people in other Anime forums were dissing it and saying it was spin-offs of other series, I avoided watching it for some time. Then one day I randomly thought, what the heck, bought it, watched it and loved it every single episode. I even rewind the DVD to reply some of my favorite moments. The characters are forever imprinted in my mind and I'm hoping deep in my heart they continue with the series. Most of my friends didn't pay attention to it and said it sucked, no wonder, with their limited attention span they wouldn't appreciate it. Still, I'm glad there are a few who enjoyed this Anime as much as I did. ^^

-Rockette

• 4 weeks later...
Guest minhosaysso

This is probably one of the most depressing mangas i have everrr read but it's probably my series of all time.

I honestly love love looovveeee the manga so much more than the anime. i'm freaking confused, but in a good way. her drawing style changes quite a bit but allen gets so much hotter each time xD the whole kanda arc thingy is totally making me feel for kanda more. i guess he's got his reasons for acting like an richard simmons.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i am losing interest in the manga now caz i dnt really get the storyline anymore and its confusing me...

• 2 weeks later...

Omg........ >_>

I just saw ep. 1 of the english dubbed version and Allen's voice... DX

It's Hikaru's voice from Ouran host club lol

and what did they do to Kanda's voice..... T_T;;;;

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

i am losing interest in the manga now caz i dnt really get the storyline anymore and its confusing me...

I totally agree with you.

I'm thinking about ditching and quit reading this manga just cause it makes no sense and the art is constantly changing. Nothing makes sense.

Guest ninth

i liked both the anime and manga

i think as soon as the manga get's some lead way, closer to when the end is near they start the anime it up again,

i think the only reason they stopped making it was cause they caught up with the manga, and they didn't want to wreak the story by making filler episodes,

it'll probably start up agian like inuyasha

what really irks me is that d-grey-man is a monthly series not weekly like bleach and naruto, i hate waiting a month,

was d-grey-man a weekly series before the author got sick?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

haha. everyone's losing interest in d. grayman now huh?

sure, it's confusing, but recently chapter 197 got interesting...

somewhat i guess.

anyone read it yet ? :)

but yeah, the changing art style annoys me to an extent. :(

it's more shounen like now.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like this manga at first, but after a few chapters when I found out Allen has a cool eye looking thing, I started liking it!!! >_____< but I have to agree, the whole religion thing doesn't exactly suit my taste at all so I had trouble liking it at the beginning, but  if you read a few chapters, you begin to read like crazy....haha...but during the series, I started disliking it again, thus not reading it ever again.......that was when all my favourite characters started dying.....why can't the EVIL PEOPLE LIVE?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!? WHY!!??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Le.Ciel.Nocturne

I love the story, and how complex it gets. I guess it's not for everyone, but I'm so tired of one-way kind of stories that are ridiculously easy to predict. This manga has me going "EHHH?" constantly lol. I don't see where people say it's "spin-offs" from other series, because the plot becomes pretty original once you get past the initial story arcs. And anyway, ALL literature of the same genre resemble each other. Northrop Frye, anyone?

I still wish that it wouldn't drag on, though. I love the twists, but I sort of want to see a conclusion in the near future.

I like the art, both in the beginning and in more recent chapters. I thought this manga was supposed to be shounen anyway...so what's wrong w/ shounen art? o_O;

I, surprisingly, wasn't too miffed about the religious aspects. I usually turn the other way when there's stuff about religion (folklore I can deal with...but I just don't like religiony stuff in my manga, lol) It was just a few inferences here and there, but it certainly doesn't go as far as others have.

I guess the 'plagiarism' is a bit of an issue, although some of the allegedly copied panels are really..ambiguous. Like the long-haired mysterious-looking character standing with the hair blowing in the wind, the close up of the face with the hair cover the eyes. It's cliched, I'll give you that much--but plagiarism? Nah. Though there were a few parts where it was definitely 'sampled' from other mangas.

Having read so far, regardless or the negative aspects, I really just want it to continue and then end.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hei_445

Just a real quick question, if I finish all the anime episodes what manga chapter will I be "up" to?

Or is the anime and manga so different that I should read the manga from scratch?

This Series is soo cool =D

Archived