Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jen.

[C-DRAMA 2012] Xuan Yuan Sword: Scar in the Sky

xysofficialposter.jpg
Chinese Title: Xuan Yuan Jian Tian Zhi HenEnglish Title: Xuan Yuan Sword: Scar in the SkyGenre: Fantasy/RPG, AncientDirector: Lee Kwok LapProducers: Karen Tsoi, Hu GeProduction Company: CESAiring Date: July-August 2012Episodes: 35
Synopsis:This centers around two descendants, Yuwen Tuo and Chen Jing Chou, and their plans to recover the Northern Zhou and Chen Dynasties, their respective heritages, by finding several mystical powerful weapons. These weapons also help in closing up the doorway that demons use to enter and wreak havoc in the mortal world. An unlikely friendship forms, yet they are fated to be enemies. Chen Jing Chou's adventures lead him to befriend a lot of different people, such as Yu Xiao Xue and Tuoba Yu'er, while Yuwen Tuo meets Dugu Ning Ke, a supposedly spoiled princess with a mysterious heritage. Their adventures are filled with misunderstandings and emotional entanglements. In the end, will they sacrifice their personal loves for the greater good, and seal up the rift in time?
Main Casts:
Hu Ge as Yuwen Tuohuge3v.jpg
Tang Yan (Tiffany) as Dugu Ningketyxys.jpg
Liu Shi Shi (Cecilia) as Tuoba Yu'erlssxys.jpg
Jiang Jinfu as Chen Jing Choujjfxys.jpg
Gu Li Na Zha as Yu Xiao Xueglxys.jpg

Others:Lin Geng Xin Ma Tian Yu Lawrence NgEddie Ko 
Official Themesong/MV:One Kiss, Barren Sky by Hu Ge
Sources:SPCNET Xuan Yuan Sword Wiki D-addicts

Hu Ge really looks like the male lead hehe... but everywhere is saying Zhang Jingfu is the main protagonist. 
1 month to go!

@raini Technically, in the game, Jiang Jinfu's character is the main protagonist, however, the production team changed it so that Hu Ge is the main lead. (To be honest, that is not something I mind either hehe.) It's weird but I guess it's like Hu Ge = leading the drama but Jiang Jinfu's character is the "hero" since Hu Ge is the grey character (sometimes good, sometimes bad) lol. I'm looking forward to the Jiang Jinfu's acting, but maybe it's just me, I don't really sense this 'heroic' aura around Jiang Jinfu. I don't know, I feel as if he's lacking a certain quality for a big hero role. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.
I'm so excited! good action drama for the summer =)

@Jen. Haha he's a bit overshadowed by LSS even but yeah overall still pretty optimistic about this drama!! Mostly excited about HG playing a villainish character though

His songs for osts are always good <3

@raini that's true lol LSS has more star-power now than she did before. I think he's overshadowed by most of the casts though since they have more star-power in general haha I'm looking forward to Hu Ge playing an evil role too. I don't remember him ever playing one. It's a good change since he's always the hero. I love his songs too <3 been replaying the theme song ^^ in the music video, I think Tang Yan looks so pretty in the white simplistic outfit than her other ones.
I seriously hope the ending for this drama is not going to make me cry. When Hu Ge acts in these types of drama, they are generally with a sad ending.

i keep thinking of Hu Ge inside of CP1 and CP3 as well as Tian Wai Fei Xian, haha he's always sporting that hairdo too. But yeah he's always been the character played by Jiang Jing Fu and now he's switched to the other side haha!! 
I keep thinking Tangren's productions always manage to uglify Tang Yan. She's so young and pretty and heh they always make her look so OLD! 
XYJ is most probably big pressure for JJF anyways lets just give him some slack, I mean balancing off Hu Ge is pretty hard as is hehe

lmao whenever i look at the poster you posted, I just want to giggle when i see Lin Geng Xin (14th in Bu Bu Jing Xin) seriously don't know what the stylist was thinking. I still haven't forgive him/her for Hu Ge's corn rows *cringes*

I am shipping Hu Ge and Tang Yan, of course, but then there's really no competition since they're not in a love rectangle so you can enjoy both couples. I just need to be exposed to JJF first I guess. The fifth picture LSS looks so pretty! Hu Ge's hair is, yikes! But most of the time, TR's fantasy/RPG dramas have weird styles so I'm used to it. Personally I think Tang Yan looks pretty in CP3 though o_O but I know what you mean because when I compare her stills in TR's dramas to the modern day ones, she looks sort of different, more youthful. 
1 month left! I heard it's going to air on July 17 and the casts went on Happy Camp too. I don't know what that is but it seems like a Chinese variety show....

I think the couples have some crossing with Guli Naja's character. She plays the Nuwa decendant. eh but I don't care much for her haha. I'm all for the TuoKe couple right now since JJF is so blah to me. The stills gave me a little more faith though, because i'm getting the feeling that his character might just be like that. The kind of hero that starts out plain and unmotivated, but through the course of things starts manning up haha. LSS seems like the stronger one doesn't she? 
Yeah Hu Ge's hair... I don't have anything good to say about it. I think I prefer his Jian Chi (the ponytail character) getup more even!! I'm not sure what the Jian Chi character of his is supposed to be about, but it might be a double role of Hu Ge's inside the drama. I have no clue about the story atm. I'm not sure if Tang Yan's character Jian Shuang is also a double role or just Ning Ke in disguise though. They are so cute!!! 
Here's proof hehe:
6146a597tw1dtauy8eoo5g.gifTY: hubbyyy!!HG: come here you <3

Yeah Tangren's dramas, at least the game adaptions, they're all like that. I didn't think the CP1 and 3 were that weird though? ok maybe a bit. Did you see the mvs of Meng Yue Zhu Xian? Hu Ge has blue hair (still hot imo!) and LSS is sporting a red affro haha!! I kind of wished they made a drama for that instead of a few endorsement clips. Plenty weird though... but still cool!
Happy Camp is the var show I identify as the event LSS wore a grandma outfit to. That is such an ugly outfit! But there is Tangyan-Hu Ge surprise in it. I think I can ship this pair outside of XYJ even!

I didn't even know anything about Guli Nazha's character, to be quite honest. There's always a Nuwa descendant in these RPG haha. Same here about Hu Ge and Tang Yan!! The only thing I like about the other couple is LSS, which is why they pair her up with JJF. Is it just me, from the stills and music video, JJF has but one expression?? Maybe I'm being harsh but I still don't feel that heroic aura =[ and I watched that music video so many times...he looks like a country bumpkin...there's this 'blank' expression all the time, kind of like "I don't know what I'm supposed to do but they told me to save the world, so okay". (wait, looking at the stills again...it's his eyes! they look emotionless) Okay, I'll admit I'm biased too. Even when Hu Ge is evil, he looks more badas-s and has this 'commanding' aura for the screen? gosh, I don't know if I make sense...
Don't worry, nothing against JJF personally though and still have hopes he will change my pov...just like Hu Ge did in Chinese Paladin =]

Yupp. It's where LSS was in the weird outfit, looks like a mixed of ancient and modern, I don't know what. By the way, that gif is what I'm talking about where Tang Yan looks so pretty! From the MV, it's my favourite costume of hers. I just hope I don't cry too much for this couple!!
Ahh yeah, was that the one where they have 4th prince and making fun of the time-travelling? It's supposed to be some kind of game...haha that was funny but the costumes (especially Shishi's) were outrageous lol....

@raini
Ling'er was a Nuwa descendant and then Tang Yan's character in CP3 as well (forgot the name). I didn't mean to be harsh on him lol, it was an opinion of mine. With the casts, it's why they stick the newbie there so he gets more exposure. I never knew Hu Ge and Ariel Lin had something going on, but they're really cute onscreen. 
It's airing next week! Wasn't the airing date slated for July 17? Not complaining though, this is all the better!! I'm so excited! =D

Currently watching this right now...what can I say but I'm rather disappointed after all the hype and worked up anticipation *sigh* I think the production team made a bad choice with JJF as the hero/protagonist...he doesn't have the onscreen charisma. My eyes keep wandering elsewhere =|

I will try to watch as far as I can when I feel I can take the humor...Must see how the Hu Ge and Tang Yan chemistry goes! Just not now, too busy with better things haha. 
The funniest thing I've heard recently:China's SAFTA committee apparently got so pissed off by Xuan Yuan Jian they issued a ban and boy does that list of criteria bother me. It takes away what's probably making up 99% of prospective C-Drama on the future market. I don't disagree with banning 'Chinese remake of so and so..' but I can't support everything else on the list. I'm not even going to dig up that list and post it because it's just so depressing....