❤ InHyun couple (Yoo In Na & Ji Hyun Woo) ❤ ... because MEN BOONG is their charm

aisling

Guest syapotter

Can you imagine him saying something like, "hey, wanna try and do something that involves my signature move?" cos apparently the hand cupping the chin is his signature move, right? ;)  And oh that whisper. That whisper was the death of me, I swear. I get goosebumps just from hearing it and I do wonder how In Na really felt that time. ;)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a repost of my original translations. Sorry for the ridiculously long length!!

Note: I'm Korean American, so it isn't 100% accurate 

The original translation of YIN and JHW's radio interview can be found on the QIHM thread, page 147.

“QIHM couple - Baby Elephant (2012.01.04 radio)” uploaded by nkoe7 at Youtube 
Link: 

YIN: "Do a live [performance] too.” 

JHW: “Yes.” YIN: “You have a guitar too. Do it like how a boyfriend would sing for his girlfriend.” 

JHW: “Mmh, yes.” [YIN laughs] 

JHW: “I will sing it, but since I was kept waiting, I was sleeping in the car, so my voice is even sunken low” (i.e. not ready)… [YIN laughs twice during his explanation; also I want to clarify that he’s not being rude when he said “I was kept waiting,” it basically means he was kept on-call until they were ready for him] 

YIN: “Ah, and (don’t understand what she says here, but it seems like she’s sympathizing w/ him) it’s too sunken down" [YIN laughs]

JHW: "Yes, yes, but I will somehow try/put effort, but just don’t think of it as a singer singing it [the song], but just think of it as, “My boyfriend is singing it for me…." Yes."

YIN: "Then that would be even better." 

JHW: "Yes, I think it would be good if you [and the listeners] thought that way."

YIN: "Everyone, I just ripped out (i.e. forced) a live/got his consent [for a live performance]." [YIN laughs] "Starting now, let’s shut our eyes tightly, and let’s listen together—Ji Hyun Woo shi will be singing and Ji Hyun Woo shi will be playing the guitar—live too." 

JHW: "And in the middle, Yoo In Na shi can do the chorus" [YIN screams; and they both laugh] "There’s a part where the babies come out…." 

YIN: "Ah, is that so?" 

JHW: "Yes, yes." 

YIN: "Ah, ah I know. Like there’s a part where the babies laugh and make cooing noises." [YIN and JHW laughs] "Ah, I have the will to do well, but I’ll hold it in." [YIN laughs] "If you are ready…ah you are already ready." 

JHW: "Yes, well." [JHW strums guitar] YIN: "Ah, you’re really “ddohtk-dak-ddohtk-dak”" (i.e. on top of it/ready) [YIN laughs]

JHW: “Because there is no time.” 
YIN: “Yes, we’re/you’re busy, busy. Then, we’ll hear it live—Ji Hyun Woo shi’s “Baby Elephant”.” 

JHW: “In the middle, you’ll have to do it.” 

YIN: “Ah! Yes!” [YIN and JHW laughs]

--JHW starts playing the guitar at approximately 1:20-- 

At 2:28: YIN laughs 

At 2:34: JHW orders YIN by saying, “Hurry and do it” (i.e. hurry and join in) [YIN joins in and JHW bursts out laughing at YIN cooing sound]  *She sounds like she’s gargling to me  

At 4:38: JHW says: “Aren’t you going to do it?” And YIN laughs and joins in; JHW laughs at her attempts 

--JHW stops playing at 4:58--  

[YIN cheers and claps] 

YIN: “Wow! Your live [version] is even better.” 

JHW: “Ah, thank you.” 

YIN: “Wow! I listened to the version on your album a lot.…”

JHW: “Yes.” 

YIN: “But listening to it live is like a lie." (i.e. His live version is even better than his album version) "Really, I did as you instructed—I listened to it as if my boyfriend were singing it….” 
JHW: “Yes.” 

YIN: “Everyone, did you do as such? Probably right now… many people… how should I describe it, this feeling? This is really…. If I get a boyfriend [in the future].…” 

JHW: “Mmh…”

YIN: “Later on, I will force him to practice and I think I will have him sing for me.” [JHW laughs] “ force him… Wow. Really. You do sing well.” 

JHW: “Ah, no….” 

YIN: “Singer…ah, why did you tell me/us not to think of you as a singer when you sing this well?” 

JHW: “Ah, no….” 

YIN: “Really… The more I see you/it… You/it have a surprising….” 

JHW: “But I really like this kind of thing. In the middle where the sound comes in… a little like an OST kind of feeling.” *This is basically his shameless plug 

YIN: “Yes. Ahhh….” [YIN and JHW burst out laughing]

JHW laughingly says: “From now on I’ll hear about this repeatedly” (i.e. I’ll never live down the above-mentioned statement) “Wherever I go this will come up again.”

YIN: “Ah…cham (i.e. really)…I…cham…. Instead you should have… Ah, I’m sorry.” [YIN's joking reaction to his shameless plug]

JHW: “Ah, no.”

--End at 6:07-- 

Reupload of press conference clips 1 and 2 (originals on OIHM thread page 148):

Link for clip 1 of press conference: 

So, I know that I said that I would only translate YIN and JHW interactions from the press conference, but there weren't any verbal interactions in this clip. So from this one I'll mention noteworthy physical interactions and a cute comment by Kim Ji Woo regarding YIN and him.  
The press conference starts off with a introduction by each actor. They provide a short description of their characters.  

--Starting from 1:43-- 
The female host mentions a ring on Kim Ji Woo's finger: "You're wearing a ring."   

YIN: "Couple ring"  

[Audience chuckles and some repeat, "Couple ring"]

KJW: "Yes." [YIN grabs mic from KJW]  
YIN: It's Boong Do and Hee Jin's couple ring, but I don't know where Dong Min got it from, but he's wearing it.  

[Audience laughs]   

YIN: "I can't lose!" *LOL! He’s too funny!    

[Audience laughs]   

At 2:08: Host mentions that it would be such a waste if the audience leaves now. So they have a little lottery. Each actor picks two seats randomly and they present the winners with a gift (coffee).   

At 6:07: Host requests JHW, YIN, and KJW for a group pose.   

At 6:15: The audience groans (implies that the actors’ pose is not satisfactory); Host: “The second pose is coming up. The second pose. 1, 2, 3.”   

[Audience laughs cause they don’t really strike a pose]   

Host: “Maybe they aren’t friendly/close?”; then she mumbles something else, and someone from the audience, or it could still be the host says, “[They (all three) have an] awkward relationship.”  

[Everyone laughs]   

Host: I can’t make out the first part of what she says, but it gets the audience cheering, so I’m guessing she requested a more friendly/affectionate pose?; then the host says: “We’re going for the last pose.”   

At 6:39: JHW wraps his arm around YIN’s shoulder. He looked hesitant at first, but regardless of the audience’s reaction he still put his arm around her shoulder. YIN looks shy and KJW strikes a “peeved pose” (turned his back on them).   

[Audience continues to groan, prompting JHW to take it up a notch, and KJW to stand there kind of awkwardly, in my opinion]  

At 6:43: JHW wraps both his arms around YIN and leans his face in closer.  

At 6:48: JHW puts traps YIN by putting both of his hands on either side of her face and on the wall.   

[During this time JHW looks to the audience a couple of times, gauging their reaction; Audience laughs while YIN looks really embarrassed, and JHW looks like he’s having way too much fun] 

[Host requests last affectionate pose from all three]

At 6:55 YIN hooks her arm through JHW’s arm FIRST, and then hooks her other arm through KJW’s arm.   

Host tells audience: “I’ll give you guys time to take pictures.” She also runs through the itinerary very briefly.   

--Ends 7:51--

Link of clip 2 of press conference: 

Host: "Could leave YIN in the middle, and have all three of you strike an affectionate pose?"   
At 0:04: KJW sticks out his elbow for YIN to hook her arm through; YIN turns around and laughs shyly, and JHW walks away jokingly.   

Host: "Ah, Kim Jin Woo shi acted first." The host says something else that I can't quite make out.   

At 0:11: Host says: "[she, YIN] throws away Jin Woo shi, and has chosen Ji Hyun Woo shi." [JHW proceeds to wrap his arm around YIN's shoulder, while KJW looks on]   

Host: "Ah, Jin Hyun Woo shi!"   

0:16: slow-motion of JHW's action   

--End 0.32--

Repost of press conference clip 3; the original post can be found on the QIHM thread, page 152.
Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-FzNzUlwY
--Start at 1:48--
JHW: “I have had a project that had action [scenes]….”

Host: “Yes.”

JHW: “Yes… Not many people know [of that project].”

[Host and JHW laugh]

JHW: “I have been injured… many times, I have been injured, but I think it’s fun. And the best thing about this project is that I have formed a new hobby. It’s horseback riding… yes. I have been communicating with the horse a lot. Yes, I speak with the horse a lot. I have been living like that [recently].”

Host: “Yes.”

JHW: “With the horse…usually to get to the point of “running” (i.e. riding horse when it’s galloping) takes about 3 months to learn. But I took about 4 days… down to Meung gyeong? (can’t make out location) and we hung out together and I learned on a “running system”” (i.e. learned very quickly) [JHW laughs] “I kind of learned in a brutish way… (can’t make out what he says after) but I we got friendlier and I lost a lot of the fear… yes.”

[The part where the question was asked, isn’t shown, but JHW is to compare himself to Kim Soo Hyun (from TMTETS) and Yoo Chun (from RTP). ]

--At 2:40--
JHW: “I… of course the question doesn’t make any sense….”[JHW laughs; *he seems slightly flustered/unsure of how to answer the question] “ just want to tell you/audience that our drama’s character, Kim Boong Do is like the “middle” (i.e. mix) of TMTETS’s Kim So Hyun and Park Yoo Chun’s character of the Crown Prince. The character of Kim Boong Do is showing the sides that those characters haven’t been able to show, and because of this opportunity, there is a slightly different Joseon counterpart/character… I think [the character] will appeal to the viewers through his good charm. As for the part where I’m better than those people… my tall height?”

--At 3:42--
YIN describes her character, Choi Hee Jin: “I have always been air-headed and distracted, and I get an audition, and [at the audition] the rookie actress that hasn’t been able to do anything becomes casted in the drama as the lead role of Queen In Hyun. There is the scene of the audition, and a scene of when the director calls back with the news, and these [scenes have] all the feelings that I have felt before, so it was very fun and comfortable. It was like so.”

[Host mentions that YIN was known for her clear skin; YIN laughs at the mention]

YIN: “Currently, I haven’t been able to sleep much, so right now it/my face isn’t in a good state. So to appear in this manner [and say this], I kinda feel apologetic… If you mean my special method [of skincare]…” [YIN laughs]

[Host also laughs and mutters something]

YIN: “Ah, I… like… am careful about what I eat, like rice [she mentions a specific type of rice], vegetables, and fruits, and ”. “And I also drink a lot of water and every day—almost every day… [can’t make out what she says here]. “But I don’t know what the best thing is. [but I think] just eating well and sleep well are the best things.”

--At 4:47--
“I, after I released an album, I visited Yoo In Na shi for the first time with a signed CD [i.e. gave her a signed CD]” [YIN nods in agreement]
At 4:53: YIN starts to say something, but I think JHW clarifies for her]

JHW: “It was before [we started] this project.”

Host: “Ah.”

JHW: “Yes, but she was very awkward/shy. Usually, when given a CD, you’re suppose to turn on a song [from the CD], or prompt [me to] greet/introduce the listeners. But, she just took the CD and just sat there, so honestly I thought “is there a kid (i.e. person) like that…. [YIN looks embarrassed and even tries to explain during JHW’s account; everyone laughs]

YIN: “Ahh….”

JHW continues: “And after that, I went back as a guest, and at that time she didn’t act in a way that made me think, “Ah, she’s being awkward/shy”—I think she made me feel comfortable.”

YIN: “But then, [he] came during a live broadcast [she’s referring to their first meeting] and he gave me his CD and so I was so inexperienced I took it, but I really didn’t know that I should [play a song] once I accepted it. So next week, I plan to turn it on a lot. But regardless, my first impression of [him] was very (*I don’t know the meaning of the word she used to describe it.... My best guess would be pleasant or memorable??) [He is] tall. He is tall” (she repeats it again).

JHW: “Is that all? Just that I’m tall?” *JHW’s reaction is SO great! LOL!

--End at 6:03--

Thanks Pjupiter491!
Do you guys notice (or is it just me) that right before he slipped his arm around YIN, he mumbled something to her like he is asking her permission? And she quietly nodded?? Like she's ok with it??
"You ok if I slip my arms around you baby?" (im imagining)

@SSK1

"Although his scenes were completely filmed for the 16th episode, Ji Hyun Woo stuck around the set and helped out in every way he could, creating a brighter atmosphere during the last shooting. " 
Could it be because he wanted to stick around In Na? ....boy i hope he likes her and she likes him back..whats he doing there disturbing her..unless this is the drama..can anyone read whats on the clipboard thingy??.(pics thanks to enewsworld..) 

Guest plastikstoberi

hello shippers!!!!
i rarely post or comment anything, and i must admit that i only watch this drama when it reach epi 8!!! but it was never too late for me to get a taste of this magnificent awesomely well written drama!!!! 
LETS ALL SPAZZ THE LAST EPISODE TOGETHER!!! 
i can't wait!!!!
:)

Guest wap72

hahaha...the post regrding jhw liking yin is camping at qihm thread..... waiting for confirmation. c'mon people let's scout for proofs!

Guest harushima

Well that's embarrassing. :)) I automatically fangirled and jump into conclusions and at the same time asking and not sounding like I'm asking when I read about that post about JHW confessing he likes Yoo In Na. I should be doing that here. :))
Is it really true? Did he really said that?

JHW really confessed liking YIN... at the end of the article YIN said that they should talk about it privately looking embarrassed...

What did just happen?

Did Ji Hyun Woo really confess that he likes Yoo In Na? Anyone got the article or something? I would like them to be together in real life but only after like few months or something. What if what happen to the City Hunter's couple happen to them too? I want them to be together with the idea of marriage. :\">

Guest wap72

i think it happened during the advance screening..the casts were there and they may had interviews.... anybody reads chinese? i think in baidu there's a lot of goodies:D

Where is Aisling? She will be flip when she hears the news of the confession. Like this is OMG!

Ji Hyun Woo said, “I want to confess sincerely in front of the fans who love our drama. I really like Yoo In Na. Hope to get your blessing.”

He SAID that? WOW..... and it started in episode 14. and I don't really fully understand the article. Need something with better english. >_<"

Archived