[Drama 2012] To The Beautiful You 아름다운 그대에게

Admin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started watching this :D yay. 
Can someone help me out a bit here? I am trying to figure out what brand the small wooden coffee grinder KTJ uses when the dormitory #2 opened up a coffee shop for a school event. can someone please shed some light on this for me? would highly appreciate it! lol I want one! 

• 2 months later...

currently airing via ABS-CBN
id="watch-headline-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"
id="watch-headline-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU Teaser

id="watch-headline-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"

MinSul/TaeJoon-JaeHee MVBefore, During and After TTBY
Photos and BTS 
id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"MinSul - now and then

• 3 months later...

Finally I am back on this thread. This is where my love for the drama and main actors of this drama led me to another forum (http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2007457/minsul-official-thread-shinee-s-minho-and-f-x-sulli/p1). For those who haven't been there, maybe you can drop by and pay us a visit.
 A few days from now TTBY will celebrate its First Anniversary and to celebrate its first year anniversary i am inviting you to this..
VzQeZ31373881319_zps61856d68.jpg
August 15, 2012 was the first airing date of To the Beautiful You and from there where it all started where we see the chemistry of Minho & Sulli is so natural, that it goes beyond on what we see on screen but more of what is off screen as well. For the oldies perhaps you still remember the time where we got a “red card” or a “warning” from the drama moderator that we should create/transfer to couple thread (general thread) since the posts in the TTBY thread was no longer about the drama or its characters but about Minho & Sulli only and how good they look together. Thus, this thread (Minsul thread) was created.

Although TTBY is the one who is celebrating its first anniversary, we cannot separate the show with the main cast (couple) which made it all possible. Thus, we are now launching another project entitled:
TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU … MINSUL 
(Why do I love Minsul?)MinSul special project
Yes crewmates, we fell in love with these two for almost a year now and definitely each and every one of us has our reasons on why we fell in love with our OTP. Thus, in order to show your love to them we are encouraging each and every Minsul crewmate to showcase your talent(s) by making any of the following categories:

1. VIDEO
​- minimum of 3 min long (which can be picture collage or video edited)
​- you can upload it to your preferred video site BUT we appreciate it if on You Tube ​since its easily shared here

2. POEM/SONG

3. FANFICTION
​- one shot only (in English)
​- has not been previously published
​- minimum of 1000 words
​- not M rated
​-uploaded to fanfic site (just give us the link where you have it uploaded)

4. ARTWORKS
​- may include but not limited to photo editing/collage, painting, sketches, handicrafts, ​standee, dolls, knit work and the likes
​- share your picture with us or link where you have it posted for viewing

5. GRAPHIC DESIGN
​- may include but not limited to fanarts, caricature, animation and the likes
​- for 2D and 3D designs we prefer that you take multiple shots on different angles for ​best viewing of your work

IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind that IN EACH CATEGORY , it should be all about MINHO & SULLI and NOT MINHO OR SULLI alone since after all this is about loving MINSUL as a couple.

*Each work should be sent via PM to @counsel05@bananali@craziedayzie,@stekatta @nislatif and @zee on or before August 10, 2013, 10PM KST.
From August 15, 2013 – August 19, 2013, we will be showcasing/posting the works of each and every crewmate from around the world in the thread. Please make sure to send your work to persons named above to avoid pre-emption and to ensure that various works submitted will be posted at once (per category). This will be a five day celebration of the To the Beautiful You 1st year Anniversary.

NOTE:
Your work will not be edited EXCEPT if its content might be deemed inappropriate or would tend to bash or show sign of disrespect towards Minsul and other actors/OTP's.
For more questions you can send a PM to the persons designated to receive your submitted work.

THIS IS NOT A CONTEST. SO EVERYBODY IS ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT AND SHARE THEIR WORK OF ART AND TALENT TO ALL MINSUL CREWMATES AROUND THE WORLD. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE. SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR SEND IN YOUR WORK.

Thank you TTBY Fans ;) and mods of this thread  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest awesomemicaela

Hello everyone! My friend absolutely loves K-dramas and has dedicated a lot of time to build this blog so that people like her can talk about their OTPs. Please do support her as this blog is very new and support would only enable her build the database faster and feedback improves it as well. Thank you very much :)

http://thatssodrama.wordpress.com/index/2012-korean-drama-couples/to-the-beautiful-you/

Guest seungmiblue

Really it is a good drama, the actors are very good and the story is beautiful but there is the usual condition of girl-obliged to be a boy, that is very known! after "you're beautiful"  the people are used to this story! despite this the story is nice and the actors are funny, specially Cha Eun Gyeol that remembers me "jeremy" of you're beautiful!and i love jeremy  :x

• 4 months later...
Guest soraworldseen.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/03/tournament-battle-of-the-best-boy-and-girl-groups
For all fans of Sulli from To the Beautiful You, help her win the vote!

• 1 year later...
Guest kyung-jin

10 K-dramas featuring the hottest K-pop female idols

by CoCo Kdrama on Tue, Apr 14, 2015

The queens of K-pop are rising in fame internationally, and not just for their catchy music. Many of our recent K-drama leading ladies actually got their start as idols, or are currently hot on both scenes. To celebrate their success, we have partnered with Spotify to curate the K-pop Idols: Ladies Edition playlist!  Follow DramaFever on Spotify to hear the hottest songs from these female powerhouses and see some of your favorite K-Pop idols as leading ladies in these 10 amazing K-dramas.

6. To The Beautiful You, starring Choi Seol Ri (Sulli) of f(x)

29584851_800_800.jpg

This perennially favorite series finds itself in its third incarnation with an all-star cast of South Korean pop stars. Sulli stars as Gu Jae Hee, a love struck high schooler who’s hell bent on transferring to an all-male prep school. Disguised as a boy, Jae Hee infiltrates the campus and finds herself thwarted by lovable goofballs and heartthrobs, but she never loses aim of her mission to rehabilitate the elusive Kang Tae Joon (Choi Minho), a promising young athlete who abruptly and mysteriously retreated from his beloved sport. Will Jae Hee heal Tae Joon’s wounds without blowing her cover?

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-k-dramas-featuring-the-hottest-k-pop-female-idols-/

Guest kyung-jin

10 Things about K-dramas that make no sense (but we love anyway)

by Lauren Jinkerson on Thu, Apr 16, 2015

Ever have that moment when you're watching a K-drama and you think "wait....what just happened?". Sometimes our eyes are strained from all the rolling and our voices hoarse from all the screaming. But some of the things that make the least sense (I'll use piggyback rides to the hospital as an example) are the things that make us the most deliriously happy when it happens on the screen. Here are 10 things in K-dramas that we often find ourselves rolling our eyes at but that we secretly love. 

2. Girls playing boys

I have no problem with this common story type in K-dramas, but what doesn't make sense is how easily people are fooled by these girls' disguises.  It's so hard to believe that anyone would ever think these beautiful girls are boys! I know that a lot of K-drama male leads are also beyond beautiful and sometimes have a very feminine beauty about them, but I still think a boy haircut does not a boy make. 

To The Beautiful You: Sulli

Screen_Shot_2015-04-14_at_10.47.51_AM.pn

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-things-about-k-dramas-that-make-no-sense-but-we-love-anyway/

Archived