[Drama 2012] Answer Me 1997 응답하라 1997

leeana21

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ANNASHEE

@htly6f
Actually in episode 6, they reveal which couple is getting married (yoojung and hakchan) and that shiwon is pregnant and her guy is also at that table. It wasn't some kind of big revelation either. They spoke of it very casually as if it was a known fact already. Its between the older brother, yoonjae, and joonhee. Hmnnn i guess we'll have to wait till next week :)

ANNASHEE said: @htly6f
Actually in episode 6, they reveal which couple is getting married (yoojung and hakchan) and that shiwon is pregnant and her guy is also at that table. It wasn't some kind of big revelation either. They spoke of it very casually as if it was a known fact already. Its between the older brother, yoonjae, and joonhee. Hmnnn i guess we'll have to wait till next week :) 

Thanks For Info,, Thatks For Sub site @dawnferra and @hatly6f!! :)
I really love this drama. YEI!!!
This drama remember me in 18 years old, but i think i don't have any special memory in 18th.

Pregnant???
OMO!!!
Who? Shi Won??
How do you know, omo!!! I think the dad is Yoon JAe!
Yoon Jae please^^

Guest cococrust

ep 1-2 c-subpt 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1l76fl
pt 2http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7nsdd
ep 3-4 c-subpt 1http://www.sendspace.com/file/y16e27
pt 2http://www.sendspace.com/file/4sg0hf

Guest payel

[RECAP: Reply 1997] Episode 5: “Life’s Counterattack”

24124117.jpg

We’re back with another episode of our beloved drama.
For this week’s episodes, the recurring theme was based on the affection and love shared between families, more so than on the romantic interests between our characters.

Nevertheless, with each story that is introduced, we are given more hints on who will be getting married and whether or not there are more twists coming our way.

Are you excited? Because we certainly are.

Recap : http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=11914&idxType=KDramaMovie

Now what???

They really do know how to pique our curiosity. First we assumed Shi-won was the one going to get married and announce their wedding but then it turns out that she's already married and even has a baby on the way.

Hak-chan looks so cute being awkward with Yoo-jung but he made effort and it did bring them somewhere. This series is just so adorable!I can't help but relate with the drama though I was just in pre-school in 1997.

I seriously LOVE this drama. I was leaning toward Yoo Jung and Hak Chan being the one getting married but I didn't see the preggers thing coming. They give such good twists.

@ANNASHEE Yeah!! I do remember the first episode about the weight thing but I just didn't think anything of it.

And who think of seeing Kim Jong Min playing a doctor. I tell you. This show cracks me up. But it's probably because it's 1N2D's old writer and she's so familiar with these guys. Love, love, love this drama.

As for the father of the baby, I swear it has to be Yoon Jae. I just can't see her with Dae Woong. And Sung Jae?? Really? The kid who talks too much? I don't think so. And unless Joon Hee switches teams, I don't think so either. Though I'd be kinda mad if he did switch teams because I love his coming of age story.

@belleselena Of course, I would say the show is hilarious and you should watch it. But I was the same age as these characters in 1997 and some of their experiences have been my own. However, the recap at Dramabeans should give you an insight as to whether you'll like it. I think the writing and acting is done brilliantly because the stories are tightly written in a way that you don't see the whole picture until the end of the episode. They do some really nice reveals. Hope you watch it though!

Such classic & nostalgic seeing the items from 90's that are rare or maybe can't be found now.1997, I was 8. But I somehow can relate. I have that tamagochi or what we called it 'digipet' I got into K-drama & K-music around that year because of the cable network & all about Korea were aired on chinese channel.My mom who was getting hooked to K-drama (First Love then Star in My Heart etc.) & we always watched that channelI got to know about K-music from MVs that were played back to back.Oh yes, the VCR player. It was a pain in the *ss if we recorded the wrong channel. The diskette too, I still have boxes of colourful diskettes & suddenly wonder what did I put in it?I'm watching this with my 15 years old sister & she was like... woah, what's that? (referring to the comp with old chatting software)Haha.. that epic moment when you're from different generation.
Totally loving this drama!The writer put in twist here & there to make it more interesting.When at first we thought that Shiwon is the one getting married but it turns out it's Yoojung & Hakchan~& Shiwon's married with one of the guy at the table & currently pregnant.Although some people who were uninterested with this drama saying that it was too predictable, this slightly twist keeps me thinking, what's next?We're on the final episode already which is saddens me. It's been awhile watching this kind of innocent romance high school drama since my high school years were pretty much like this drama, except handphone were already used by my friends at that time. 

LOL, for some reason I can still related to the drama even though I'm not that old. It's a really great friendship drama. I did have a Tamagotchi (actually 3), and I also had a VCR ! LOl I still have our VCR though we don't record anything, and it's just there. 
Reminiscing about the past is so fun, and puts a smile on my face.
Seo In Guk really is getting better at acting with each new project he does, and I'm really loving Eun Ji from A Pink (I might even check A Pink out now!). Eun Ji is pretty natural acting in this drama, and may be just me but I think Seo In Guk and her have a really cute chemistry. 
The writers, PD, directing, teams have really done a wonderful job setting the tone of this drama. I wish it was a full length drama D: T_T

Guest belleselena

Thank you :-) I know that I will really like this drama. I'm Korean and I'm from Busan. In 1997, I was only 10 but few years later, I had very similar school days hahaha (Unfortunately, I didn't have a boy friend like Yoon Jae..ㅠㅠ)

Oh yeah, how come I forgot to write about our Joonhee?!Yes, he's so adorable + caring that capture my heart! They should give more & more bromance between Yoonjae & Joonhee *squeal*Oh yes, the yaoi in me has riled up! I totally loving the neck hugging scene during the soccer match!(Joonhee : Oh my gosh, what to do? My crush is hugging me! >.<)I don't want to see him heartbroken but... people needs that in other to grow up& to think that it's HOYA who plays Joonhee, my yaoi gear already pump up more & more! (Yes, he's my bias!)
It's refreshing to watch korean drama in another dialect. Usually I'll avoid any drama starred by idols, afraid it'll disappointing me but this drama is an exception since they look realistic portraying their characters although some of them were still a child back then, it seems they had lived as a high-schooler in 1997.  
As of the final revelation, I hope it's not too shocking. I've been bothered by yoonjae's question about shiwon gaining weight at the start too, it seems they're not seeing each other in a long time. & about the ring thing also, I've been watching the episodes back 2 back & there's no trace of them wearing rings? This drama really make me curious & curiouser.... Hmmm~

Guest racing.pulse

^ Oh I'd forgot about Yoon jae's comment on her weight gain. The weight gain was definitely a clue, as also why she was the only one drinking juice instead of alcohol. I wouldn't be too worried about her not wearing a ring, maybe she hasn't married yet. Edit: I posted this comment after I watched the raw. Just watched it with chinese subs, yes she did indeed call someone at the table her husband. lol both of them responded back.
hmm a while back in episodes 3 and 4 I'd wondered maybe they'd trick us and say the couple announcing marriage had nothing to do with the major love lines, and if there were anything going on between Shiwon and one of the guys, they weren't an official item yet at the reunion.
It seemed like they were starting to develop something between Hakchan and Yoojung, so when I watched 5 and 6, I wasn't entirely wrong, but I was definitely off with news of her pregnancy.
This show is heartwarming. I can't relate to the 90's era of Korean culture but the general references (DDR with Butterfly? Tamagotchi? And yes recording over favorite video tapes.) are wonderful. Besides that, the cast acts well off of each other and create a great family/friendship vibe. It's very cute, but is not just fluff, it has substance too.

Guest kayana20

Ahh the mystery deepens this show is so addictive.I didn't even see that surprise coming at us at all.I am rooting for Shiwon and Yoo-Jae though they look so adorable together and it's cute how he likes her.Love this comedy it makes me laugh and enjoy remembering why I started K-POP.

Archived