your thoughts on new soompi format

Guest luna1430278013

@xstarBURST it needs time to get used to it ....the navigation is somehow better ..only what u need shows ...like that all the forms appear at the left of the screen ....what are the things that u liked opposite to the things u didn't

I actually liked how the old forum was easier to read. It's easier for me to determine what's a pinned thread what isn't. The whole notification thing is also confusing. I'm a little old fashioned I guess? I do like the badge thing, it just made me realize that i've been on soompi for+ years.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll need some time to adjust but i think it's working good so far. The point system is encouraging me to post more than just a silent lurker, that's for sure. The color scheme is throwing me off, but other than that, I havent found a problem so far.

Guest missyblue

so far so good! i really like the new layout of the forums. very sleek and minimal.

i'm also very intrigued by the badge system. i wonder what other badges we can earn haha.

but still, all new things will take some time to get use to.

HAHA, yahoo-esque smilies!

:D

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really like it?

I like the old forums, it was simple and not a lot of unnecessary stuff.

I like that the new site is a lot faster though.

But my biggest complaint is that ...everything is so big and takes up a lot of space.

Like the forums, the numbers and everything is just so big and wide, takes up a lot of screen space.

Also, I feel like the icons of the users on the "last post" / "started by" on the forums is unnecessary and just takes up too much space.

It seems really similiar to the new allkpop forums also, but whatever, I'l adjust lol.

I'm not a huge fan of the new layout, but mainly cause I think the fanfic section looks like a tornado hit it (hopefully it will be fixed) and lol I spent a little more time than usual for the log in part. I'm neutral to the badge system (it actually doesn't provide me with a lot of incentive I find). Contrary to some, I thought the last format was way simpler than this...I've been used to IPB for many years haha anyway, I'll adapt soon hopefully....

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Old forum was prettier but it's so much faster to load! Now I can finally go to soompi's front page without crashing the browser on my iPod.

the mobile version is amazing! I'll admit soompi's forums isn't as cool as some others I've been to but soompi has the best mobile interface. Bb code buttons (though it would be nice if they were bigger and separated on 2 lines, they're really small for someone to poke on a mobile screen; and mine is 4 in)

testing..

Guest HERMIT

Right now the only real annoyance I have with the site is that there's no feature to show which threads you have posted on and no feature to show which threads have already been read.

Now, whenever I look at the overall bulletin board listings, it kind of forces me to have to look at everything - and trying to scrutinize whether I posted in this or that ... or, have I already looked at this thread / has the thread been updated with new posts since I last looked at it.

Guest FireDragon

Making me not want to come here so often anymore...... it's very hard to read (i.e. separate regular topics from pinned topics) and it'll take a long time to figure out where everything is. Took a while to get to the page to edit my siggy, which seems to be messed up (not completely sure, first post on the new version) but I don't have the time to fix it now. I can't even find the button to reply to a PM.

And my Soompi shop is missing data - edits I made past March, grr. The missing data had better be restored... T_T

I'll be back after my midterms to figure everything out. But I'm actually not looking forward to it. :P

KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID!

This format looks GREAT but the navigation is all over the place.... Lots of space in between posts, etc which makes everything looks less crowded but I think the old and simple navigation tools have become to "21st Century" for this old hag...

Might seem like much, but I doubt I'll be on often now that Soompi's changed!

AND WHERE ARE THE EMOTICONS?!

HOW DO I TROLL?? =O

Guest HERMIT

@happybubble I like the badge system too. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. I feel like fat, old Boy Scout figuratively wearing these neato badges.

Archived