Ryu Seung Beom 류승범

melusine

Guest nchristi

I am sooo happy to see RYU SEUNG BEOM won Best Actor (Movie) award!

The only work of his I've seen is Godok (Solitude) and that was just by

accident less than a year ago. I had never seen or heard of him before then.

But he stole my heart in Godok. What an amazing actor. He has a fire

within that just glows. All of his scenes are unbelievably good... his

eyes are so expressive of every little feeling within his character's heart.

I love everything about Godok, but I don't think it would appeal to the

average viewer. For me, it was not entertainment—but a

psychological experience. As such, the "slowness" that many people

are impatient with is very important to the experience of this drama.

I also think that Lee Mi-sook played her character flawlessly and

with perfection—she was right on the mark.

Can't say enough for the cinematography, the music... just everything. And

the conclusion! I died a thousand deaths and then was stunned at the ending.

Can't say I've been on such an emotional rollercoaster at the end of any

other drama as I was with Godok.

So, I need to get some more Ryu Seung Beom to watch. I've hesitated because

I'm not into violence and don't know if I can take some of his movies. But I

would love to hear recommendations from other fans.

Guest greeny

i'm happy too he got the award!

he really deserve it..!

So, I need to get some more Ryu Seung Beom to watch. I've hesitated because

I'm not into violence and don't know if I can take some of his movies. But I

would love to hear recommendations from other fans.

you should see Beast&Beauty! hillarious n a bit touchy..

Arahan is good too..

Guest nchristi

i'm happy too he got the award!

he really deserve it..!

you should see Beast&Beauty! hillarious n a bit touchy..

Arahan is good too..

Thanks for the recommendations, greeny! :w00t:

I've been watching Godok again... reminds me all over

again what fabulous and sensitive actor is Ryu Seung Beom.

He certainly is talented in all forms of acting... comedy

and drama. He's the best! 5.gif:P

• 1 month later...
Guest nchristi

Well, I finally dived in and watched Arahan and Crying Fist. Both were excellent. Very different, of course, but excellent. Had to turn away from a couple of the scenes in Crying Fist, but thought it was a good movie. I didn't expect the ending, but found it satisfying.

Okay, onto the more important stuff. I just came across these photos... don't know what project press conference they are from but they look quite recent. Even though most people don't find him all that attractive, there's something about him as a man that is very interesting to me! These photos don't help! :w00t::sweatingbullets::P

rsbpressconf03imgmovistvl6.jpg

rsbpressconf01imgmovistme0.jpg

rsbpressconf02imgmovistui2.jpg

rsbpressconf04imgmovistjr5.jpg

rsbpressconf05imgmovistnm1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nchristi

I saw SeungBum in a segment of "Entertainment Relay" recently. It showed him learning martial arts and doing a back flip up onto a table. Anyone know what movie or drama he is working on?

I can hardly wait for his next project. It looked more fun than some of the heavy dramatic stuff he's done... though I really like to see him as many different characters. He is so talented and able to play drama and comedy. That isn't easy.

• 1 month later...

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

[movie REVIEW] Unification theme mixed with small town comedy

A remote village nestled near the heavily fortified border that divides South and North Korea is not a popular place. But "Mannamui Gwangjang (Meeting Square)," a film set in the 1980s and directed by Kim Jong-jin, attempts to make it at least a meaningful place where families gather together in a peculiar way.

In the film, Young-tan (Im Chang-jeong), who lives on an obscure island, has a big dream: becoming a teacher in a big city. Befitting his ambition, he cannot stand anybody near him committing an immoral act. He is, after all, a paragon of morality and virtue who sets high standards in society -- a core quality that he believes he needs to be a good teacher.

The trouble is that he fails to pass every exam he takes to become a teacher. Apparently, the state does not consider his virtuous life in screening good teachers. Undaunted, Young-tae moves to Seoul in the hopes of preparing for the exam more seriously, but the very moment he arrives at Seoul Station -- a dangerous place for unsuspecting islanders -- touches off something he least expects.

200708080026wa3.gif

Helped by mere luck (or misfortune), he stumbles into a training program titled "Samcheong Gyoyukdae," which Young-tan wrongly takes for "Samcheong Education University." Samcheong Gyuyukdae, however, is not meant for teacher wannabes. It existed in the 1980s during the military dictatorship in Korea, and it was a notorious boot camp designed to punish dissenters.

Another lucky turn sends Young-tan to a village where he is mistaken for a teacher, while the real teacher (played by Ryu Seung-beom) is lost in woods packed with land mines.

From this point on, the film mixes comedy and semi-mystery, with villagers led by the town chief (Lim Hyeon-shik) acting weirdly. The puzzle, which is not hard to unravel for most Korean audiences, manages to get the plot rolling, with Young-tan falling in love with a beautiful yet bad-tempered girl Seon-mi (Park Jin-hee).

To Young-tan's dismay, the town chief and his sister-in-law Seon-mi seem to be having an affair, a classic comedy of misunderstanding that introduces a chain of unexpected events.

Many of the village scenes are reminiscent of "Welcome to Dongmakgol," and the villagers' innocent -- at least superficially -- behaviors are tailored for lighthearted comic scenes.

But the refreshing theme of the decades-long division on the Korean Peninsula is not a dominant factor in the film, largely because it is the main characters that shore up the drama. Lim Chang-jeong shows off his trademark dashing act to the full, while Lim Hyeon-shik showcases what only an experienced actor can do for the big screen.

Intermittently, the ill-fated real teacher played by Ryu Seung-beom injects real humor into the otherwise flat storyline. Ryu's performance is undoubtedly a showstopper here, with his gags getting funnier and funnier toward the end after he steps on a landmine and has to deal with the lethal crisis deep inside a forest in total isolation.

"Mannamui Gwangjang," produced by CY Film, is scheduled to be released nationwide on Aug. 15.

By Yang Sung-jin

Credits: insight@heraldm.com

https://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00708090031.asp

Guest thunderbolt

Oops, it's RSB's birthday today?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RYU SEUNG-BEOM, ONE OF THE FINEST ACTORS IN KOREA!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

^Omo omo! Look at that, my 2 favorite K-actors hugging. :wub:

Thanks for the "Underground Rendezvous" review, rubie. :) It must be very gratifying for RSB to know that even when his role is just a CAMEO, he still steals the show. ^__^

m0010002mannampostersubcq3.jpg

m0020017tj1w600lc0.jpg

m0020083still05w600hu7ed5.jpg

m0020094still13w600fr6dm3.jpg <-- hee hee

Since I'm still not K-savvy enough to know where to leech (other than my favorite CBs) and RSB isn't exactly the most popular oppa in the English-based file-sharing universe, finding downloadable copies of his music videos (these ones and The Name MV) are definitely cause for celebration.^^

Nothing especially remarkable about the official "Bloody Tie" MV; it's made up of various scenes from the film per usual (though I'd rank it a notch higher than most movie MVs due to its nice editing). What makes it a little special are these 2 hmmm...strangely familiar (;)) collaborators...

l0029507rw5.jpg

Leessang feat. Ryu Seung-Beom and Hwang Jung-Min - Who Are You Living For? / Who Do You Live For? (누구를 위한 삶인가)

mms://wms07.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/mvideo/2006/04/livedie_mv_700k.wmv / [MegaUpload] / [Clubbox DL]

[YouTube|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPZqqiWq1-8|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kspc_VphyaY]

m0040009sasaengstill038iz4.jpg

M0040008_sasaeng_still_037W600-.jpg

HJM has a wonderfully deep and melodious voice (and no wonder--shirley mentioned in his thread that he did musicals early in his career).

Rapper SeungBeom in da hauz! :lol: Is there anything these guys can't do?

untitled2copyjoli51244ap3.jpg

It's interesting that RSB has done 3 consecutive Leessang (리쌍) MVs. Aside from the fact that he's good friends with the hip-hop group, I think it's because he truly likes their music and knows that the concept for their videos will be out of the ordinary. They're an antidote to the typical cute-boy-falls-in-love-with-pretty-girl-and-one-of-them-ends-up-either-blind-or-dead MV storyline. :wacko: I mean, I like ballads as much as the next person, but come on! For each one that manages to be genuinely touching, there are countless others that just recycle all the cliched K-melodrama excesses, sappy and cheesy and blending into each other in their sameness.

Not these ones. These are actually COOL.

With its hilarious moments, sweet+cute flashbacks and the despair (oh the despair), the "I'm Not Laughing" MV is the anatomy of a messy breakup told in under 5 minutes. RSB has GREAT chemistry with Yeom JungAh (hope they do a movie together someday). They elevate this MV with their awesome acting and massive doses of charisma. RSB in particular is unexpectedly SUPER sexaaay as the badass-ex-boyfriend-who-took-you-for-granted-and-now-is-a-wreck-who-wants-you-back, lurking in bars and drawing lipstick on photos. And finally, striding across town in a stylish suit, a bouquet of roses in one hand and a brick in the other, unpredictable and furious and heartbroken and regretful.

1111_1-nosera.jpg

dfg.jpg

(fyi: RSB deservedly won the Best Music Video Acting Award in the 2005 MKMF for this.)

166-dorosi_s.gif

B7F9BDC2B9FC-dorosi_s.gif

18-fbgfhf.gif

gif.gif

b.jpg

Leessang feat. ALI - I'm Not Laughing (내가 웃는개 아니야 lit. Although I'm laughing, I'm not really laughing inside)

[MegaUpload] / [Clubbox DL]/[Clubbox DL]/[Clubbox DL]/[Clubbox DL]/[Clubbox DL]/[Clubbox DL]

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXgQ5qShYA|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLqWKoAzwc|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUn4zcLxW48]|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOroE3OUoGA|link]

The "Ballerino" MV is a dark, twisted tale of obsession, combining ALI's haunting vocals, RSB's amazing-as-always acting and seriously SICK visuals to produce something very memorable. (And why wouldn't it be, after all it's directed by RSB's hyung Ryu SeungWan.^^ [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x5_VvAcvBM])

<clickable thumbnails>

49268120in1.th.jpg

b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb251dldbfp7.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb241dldbnr0.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb231dldbsq8.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb221dldbxv8.th.jpg

b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb211dldbwj2.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb201dldbbx5.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb191dldbxv4.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb171dldbdl3.th.jpg

b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb161dldbme2.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb151dldbmh9.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb141dldbvy2.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb131dldbbk5.th.jpg

b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb121dldbsm8.th.jpg b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb101dldbzz8.th.jpg b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb81dldbshc9.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb71dldbstd6.th.jpg

b9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb61dldbsoe3.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb41dldbsqm3.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb21dldbsqt7.th.jpgb9dfb7b9b8aeb3eb1dldbswjp9.th.jpg

Leessang feat. ALI - Ballerino (발레리노)

[MegaUpload] / [Clubbox DL] / [Clubbox DL]

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVKAU01Y08o|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJFaznafBK0|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofia63NG8Vg|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOj725xqhg|link]

Both videos are more poignant elegies to lost love than most weepy ballads (+ their MVs) could ever hope to be.

01_B7F9BDC2B9FC_0128758729285425292.jpg

alternate

...And of course the songs themselves are pretty addictive to listen to. Kudos to 리쌍.

20090424.02500119060244.01L.jpg

Guest thunderbolt

melusine dear, can I tell you how much I love this pic?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/melu...29285425292.jpg

But the truth is I haven't come across a RSB pic yet that I didn't drool over like. :blush: There's just something about his face that's soooo appealing to moi. :wub: And the fact that he's such an amazing actor to boot.

So crazily busy so gonna come back soon for those goodies you just posted. But lots of *muah!* first. Thanks!!

BTW, have I told you how much I love his cameo in Family Ties? He and GHJ must make a proper movie together SOON. These little nibbles of their sizzling chemistry are just making me crazy for more!

^I love that pic too.^^

Oh, you've finally seen "Family Ties"! Isn't it wonderful? After I watched it I went around saying/posting that it was my favorite film of 2006 so far (at that time I hadn't seen "I'm a Cyborg But That's OK", "The Host" and a lot of other flicks hence the qualifier). Turns out that it WAS my favorite film of 2006. :wub: I'm just so completely in love with it. I'm glad you finally got to see it, I was starting to feel that mj07 and I were lone (though very enthusiastic!) voices in the wilderness lol.

And yes yes yes I totally agree about the chemistry between him and GHJ! <me raving about RSB's cameo here>

@ Louis Vuitton party [W Korea via Style.com]

01010901000045208_1.jpg

01010901000045233_1.jpg

01010901000045218_1.jpg

Related link: PopSeoul

ooh, you guys have been reviving the thread without me! I'm sooo behind! RSB's cameo in the above movie looks hilarious, though I doubt I'd watch just for that. Sigh ... his cameo in "Family Ties" is another story b/c that's just a fabulous FABULOUS and horribly over-looked movie. I'm with Melusine, still probably my #1 movie of 2006!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE! can't wait for his next starring role!

• 1 month later...

September 13, 2007

note1.gifKIM A-jung, RYOO Seung-bum and CHO Seung-woo in Music Film

Director CHOI Ho assembled an all-star cast consisting of KIM A-jung, RYOO Seung-bum and CHO Seung-woo for his next film Gogo 70. The music film will be centered around a band and the first gogo club in Korea in the seventies.

Director CHOI and RYOO join forces again after their collaboration on last year’s crime film Bloody Tie. RYOO also featured in his brother RYOO Seung-wan’s acclaimed boxing drama Crying Fist and popular martial arts comedy Arahan.

KIM rose to fame last year through another music film, 200 Pounds Beauty. KIM Yong-hwa’s music comedy instantly turned her into a pan-Asian star. She portrayed an overweight singer who chooses drastic cosmetic surgery.

CHO starred in the blockbusters Tazza: The High Rollers and MARATHON. He also played in IM Kwon-taek’s Chunhyang and Low Life.

Yi Ch’ang-ho (KOFIC)

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...Gesimul_SNO=784

• 4 months later...

January 27, 2008

Retro movies rediscover colonial era

Gyeongseong is emerging as a popular background for Korean films, reflecting the public's recent penchant for retro style, and filmmakers' newfound interest in the Japanese colonial period -- evidence of their quest for fresh characters and themes.

During the Japanese colonial rule of the early 20th century, today's Seoul was called Gyeongseong. It was the very cultural center where tradition and Western modernity began to fuse.

Four new films exemplify this dipping into the past -- "Once Upon a Time," "Radio Days," "Modern Boy" and "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," all of which come with high-profile directors and actors. Production houses are pinning their hopes on the success of this new breed of Gyeongseong films at a time when home-grown movies face an uphill battle against Hollywood blockbusters.

In the past few decades, a host of filmmakers already used Gyeongseong as a historical setting -- but only superficially. In contrast, these upcoming films rely heavily on the cultural diversity of the period to create fantasy or induce retro feelings.

radiodaysys1.jpg

"Radio Days"

"Once Upon a Time," directed by Jeong Yong-gi and financed by SK Telecom's new film division, revolves around a hilarious treasure hunt in the 1940s, and features repartee between con artists, Japanese military officers and independence fighters. The movie begins with a top Japanese soldier finally obtaining the long-sought-after "Light of the East," a legendary diamond believed to have been placed in the forehead of the monumental statue of the Buddha inside the Seokguram Grotto in Kyungju. The great diamond is said to have mysterious power, but what's more important for thieves and con artists is its gigantic size.

Bong-gu (Park Yong-woo), a self-styled master of fraud and forgery, does not lose any time getting prepared to steal the diamond shortly before it is shipped to Japan. But he has a competitor, Chun-ja (Lee Bo-young), a jazz singer who rules the night of Gyeongseong as a masked thief.

With the retro costumes, furniture and houses evoking the era of budding modernity in Korea, "Once Upon a Time" rightly appropriately quickens its storytelling pace in a style that is rare in Korean comic movies. Particularly impressive are the solid performances of the leading characters. Park demonstrates his versatility in switching between comic and action sequences, while Lee shows off her charm as a seductress who cares more about her dream than the hard times all around her. Also notable in this film that's due to be released on Jan. 31 is the show-stealing slapstick acts by the two prominent sidekicks played by Seong Dong-il and Cho Hee-bong.

Scheduled to hit the theaters on the same day is "Radio Days," set in the 1930s when Korea got it first radio station. The movie does not focus on the gloomy historical facts related to the Japanese rule; instead, it highlights the romanticism of the period, typified by the launching of a Korean-language radio station.

A young radio station manager, Lloyd (Ryoo Seung-beom), undertakes a live drama series which is commissioned by the Japanese rulers. The main voice actors in this show are not professionals. A jazz musician, a courtesan and even a clueless office clerk are invited to perform in the drama, and the scripts are largely ignored, as the actors resort to liberal ad-libbing. Despite the shoddy production quality, the radio show becomes a huge hit. This movie pokes fun at the broadcasting practices of the time, as well as at Japanese rule.

Director Jung Ji-woo's "Modern Boy" also belongs to the retro category that takes full advantage of the vibrant days of Korea, despite the suffocating control by Japan. Park Hae-il and Kim Hye-soo have joined the project set in the 1930s, with newly-introduced Western culture including cafes, coffee, and department stores featured prominently.

Although background of "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" not Gyeongseong, this one fits in the category, insofar as it's set in the 1930s. The place is Manchuria, and this Oriental western-style movie stands out with its star-studded cast. Well-known Korean Wave stars Lee Byung-hun, Song Kang-ho and Jung Woo-sung play exotic roles -- a bandit, a train robber and a bounty hunter -- and expectations are rising concerning this big-budget flick which will be released during the summer vacation season.

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

Directors, Actors Share Favorite Movies

myownprivateidahovn7.gif

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

12-30-2007 17:57

The New Year will dawn with a special treat for local cinephiles. It marks "Year Zero," or a fresh new start for Seoul Art Cinema, with the Third Cinematheque Friends Film Festival due Jan. 9 - Feb. 3, as well as big plans to revamp Korea's one and only cinematheque or "cinema library."

The upcoming film festival features 29 works from six countries, 12 of which were handpicked by "Friends" of the cinematheque ― Korea's celebrated directors and actors and renowned film critics.

Director Park Chan-wook chose Bernardo Bertolucci's "The Conformist" (1970). "I'm into Italian films so I recommend this one," said the maker of "Old Boy" and the head of "Friends" during a press conference in Seoul, Wednesday. "This is a film that the Coen brothers watch with their staff before shooting a film, and perhaps I can do the same with my staff for (my upcoming piece) 'Bakjwi' (Bat)."

Choi Dong-hoon, the director of "Tazza: The High Rollers" and his film's heroine Kim Hye-soo recommend "Gloria" (1980) by John Cassavetes. "Kim Hye-soo is a very intellectual actress who always wanted to support the cinematheque… I'd like to share the shocking scene where Gloria shoots at gangs and takes a cab. I have my own fantasy of filming Kim Hye-soo shooting a gun, so we chose 'Gloria' together," Choi told reporters.

Actor Ryoo Seung-bum is also taking part in the festival. Ryoo said he wanted to rewatch Gus Van Sant's "My Own Private Idaho" (1991), which he saw six years ago.

Works selected by filmmakers include: "Taxi Driver" (1976, Martins Scorsese) recommended by Kim Jee-woon; "A Short Love Affair" (1990, Chang Seon-woo) by Kim Tae-yong; "Roma" (1972, Federico Fellini) by Lee Myung-se; and "L'Atalante" (1934, Jean Vigo) by Hong Sang-soo.

These directors and stars will take part in a series of "Cine-talks," joining the audience to discuss the respective works they wanted to see on the big screen.

"Filmmakers in affluent countries have their own movie theaters at their office or home complete with a 35 millimeter projector. Tarantino or Coppola purchase their own prints and watch movies whenever they want to, and invite friends for small parties. Even though we can't do that... actually we might be better off like this since we filmmakers and film buffs can all gather together," said Park.

A big highlight of the film festival is Abel Ferrera's visit. The American independent film maverick will be in Korea Jan. 10-15 to give a master class. "I was very much influenced by Ferrera's (works). He's an artist that Tarantino also highly praises," said Park.

This year's festival also pays homage to Korea's own, director Lee Doo-yong, and will screen his masterworks such as "Mulberry" (1985) and "The Hut" (1980) that showcased Korean cinema on the international scene. Lee will also give a master class.

Kim Sung-wook, the programmer of Seoul Art Cinema, also announced plans to finally build a new home for the cinematheque. This is in sync with the festival's theme "Year Zero," which marks a fresh new start.

"It's upsetting that we don't have a decent cinematheque (in Korea)," said Choi, recalling how envious he was to see the well-equipped cinematheque in Paris. He also emphasized the importance of having a venue where one can see great films, both old and new, on the big screen.

A 33 billion won budget has been drawn up for a centralized facility complete with theaters, archives and a seminar room that can provide both entertainment and education for cineastes. About 10 billion has been allocated for next year. Details such as the new location and dates, as well as concrete support from Seoul City, are yet to be discussed, said Seoul Art Cinema.

"You can watch any movie on DVD, but I believe that is like seeing a masterpiece painting in an art book," said Park. "Movies have their original versions, too. Having a central cinematheque enables you to see the films on the big screen like a large-scale museum ― it's like having our own Louvre Museum."

Tickets for screenings at the Cinematheque Friends Film Festival cost 6,000 won. Visit www.cinematheque.seoul.kr for information in Korean and English.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../141_16415.html [Film2.0]

Aww River Phoenix. Gone too soon. (RIP Heath Ledger

:tears: )

One more article on Radio Dayz ^^

January 25, 2008

Ryoo Seung-bum and Kim Sa-rang bewitch audiences

Radio Dayz is a feel-good comedy set during the Japanese colonisation of Korea in the early 20th century and revolves around a group of radio employees who develop a radio drama that captures the heart of Korean audiences.

RYOO Seung-bum (Arahan, Crying Fist) plays a laid-back and resourceful radio producer who decides to hire a writer for a radio drama format. However, the radio drama encounters numerous problems before it succeeds in captivating audiences.

A major problem is the character portrayed by KIM Sa-rang (Who Slept with Her), a famous singer with star attitude, who – while broadcasting live – decides to create some more lines for herself whenever she feels she isn’t quite in the spotlight; resulting in a plot turned upside down and everybody else confused.

KIM’s character envies HWANG Bo-ra’s character who has the female lead role in the radio drama. KO A-sung – the girl captured by the monster in The Host – plays a quirky girl who helps out at the radio station.

LEE Jong-hyuk features as a resistance leader who enhances the appeal of the radio drama when he joins to add sound effects. However, as a freedom fighter, he has a hidden agenda at the radio station.

Just when everybody is greatly anticipating the finale of the radio drama, the Japanese ban the show.

Radio Dayz successfully captures the atmosphere of the old days and the novelty that was radio. The production values are high and feature film debuting director HA Ki-ho shows talent. The end result is an entertaining film, which could easily charm audiences like the radio show in the film itself.

Like Once upon a Time, Radio Days is set during the Japanese occupation. Both are also comedy, but vary greatly. Once upon a Time offers fast action and adventure, Radio Days is nicely embodied by RYOO’s character: laid-back, inventive and charming. When compared they share some interesting commonalties. Both deal with Korea’s independence from Japan, but stay away from overtly nationalistic rhetoric. Funnily they also share a humoristic dynamite scene, even though in Radio Dayz, it isn’t quite dynamite.

In April, another film for comparison will open; Modern Boy is also situated during the Japanese colonisation and involves freedom fighters. But for now, Radio Dayz should captivate audiences from January 31.

Credits: Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC), image from empas.com

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...Gesimul_SNO=903