7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Coz you are not an action lover? Haha, anyway I guess it's mainly for fans either of JH or of action scenes.

No... I am an action lover... I think there is something more here. I'm just confused by the strategy here

Glad there's going to be interaction with fans in Korea

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Coz you are not an action lover? Haha, anyway I guess it's mainly for fans either of JH or of action scenes.

No... I am an action lover... I'm just confused by the strategy here. I hope there is something more here.

Glad there's going to be interaction with fans in Korea

Love how much Derek loves JH :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've been again going over FTLY soompi's message board, and the passionate discssions there was amazing! and it also made clear why that show had such a passionate fan reaction- it was a remake of a popular show. This is what I want JH to do next- take a great show or movie, can be an old Korean show or foreign, and remake it. This, at the very least, will give us a guarantee of a good script and a built in fandom that will create buzz around the show. 

Another thing it made me sad again about the wasted opportunity that Family was...

as to the JH's new... project? So it's going to be an action short?

• Like 1

Reporters met Jang Hyuk at the Makestar headquarters on the 18th of Dec and heard his honest story about being an actor and acting.

0004985586-001-20231219092405077.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1BHHwFpXvt/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1BHiceJJbc/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1BHtllJXxu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

So I read the interview that was just released and this part has me concerned. The part in which he's thinking about a story he'd like to do, essentially based on his current situation:

"Based on this idea, I am thinking of a story in which an action actor in his mid-to-late 40s who has achieved everything suddenly turns into a housewife in his 40s and starts his life again. He thought, 'What am I doing now?' and came up with a story about how he feels lonely and then accidentally discovers acting again. This is a story that anyone in the same age group as me can relate to, and I thought it would be good to express it with an action feel."

I understand that this comes from his current situation, and done right it could be interesting, but after bad papa and The Swordsmand and The Killer, that were totally lacking in romance and sexy, I'm concerned JH will again not even try to make the project more appealing to the younger crowd, meaning insert romance into the mix.

He could go for a play on this subject- like do a live action of the anime "The Way of the Househusband", that's an IP and so will create a buzz. Action galore there. Or if he wants to focus on the middle aged- I mentioned before the Al Pacino movie "Author! Author!". It's different a bit from JH's situation, but it does hit the suddenly alone middle aged man finding his path again, only here he's left with his children. It's a hilarious comedy that I loved, and it has romance in it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1