So, again I'm super bored and I noticed this discussion on twitter. At first I had to do a search to find out who JJS is :rolleyes:, and then to search for the show that they are refering to in the thread. I found they are talking about Jo Jung-suk, and the show they are refering to is a sageuk show called Captivating the King. When I first saw that this was a Netflix show, I immediately got angry and a bit jealous, cause JH hasn't done a single Netflix show as a lead. <_<  but then I saw the trailer, and my anger turned into frustration- the show looks so generic and boring! Seeing the FL again with that innocent, wide eyed expression on her face actually made me gag. (Not to mention how boring this actress is to me...) And then we get the Baduk board game shot, highlighting how this show is going to have some strategy and manipulation in it... ugh!! Seeing this makes me understand even more why JH is trying to do something different! Maybe BH wasn't perfect, but it sure was different! I really hope he's working on something good!

• Like 2

This article included a few artistes, but I only translated Jang Hyuk's portion:

The real reason for long-running stars !

Popularity is like an ebb and flow. When you open your eyes, you become a star overnight, but when you fall, you have no wings. However, there is a clear reason why some stars who enjoy popularity for a long time and cannot help but be loved. This is something to learn as a human being before becoming a star.

Jang Hyuk's challenging spirit as he pioneered an unfamiliar path

Jang Hyuk recently released a photo album, the sanctuary of an idol band, for the first time as an actor. A photo album that literally contains only photo cards is an alternative album where you can access an app with a QR code instead of a physical CD to listen to songs and view videos and photos. Jang Hyuk might think of releasing a new album as he worked as a singer titled "T.J. Project" 24 years ago, but inside Jang Hyuk's album, there are two noir action videos that were filmed in one take instead of music. Jang Hyuk, who has transformed into a combat AI robot, shows off powerful action to overwhelm dozens of opponents. Jang Hyuk has been in charge of planning, directing, and action design, and will be released in two versions: "Long Take" and "Jang's action zip." If you buy an album, you will receive an undisclosed photo card and a postcard, and you will automatically apply for face-to-face and video call fan signings. It is the same as the current idol album sales method.

"Action is not just a behavioral performance but a very professional genre in which actors and actresses perform," Jang said. "I put my experience and know-how into this project that I have gained over 20 years. I hope many fans will be satisfied with it, and I hope to constantly communicate with them through this new challenge as a starting point." Currently, Jang is leaving the agency he worked for for a long time. How far will Jang's action brand expand as he continues to challenge himself.

65b704f00b92d2738250.jpg

https://woman.donga.com/culture/article/all/12/4704310/1

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/4/2024 at 3:49 AM, dramafan33 said:

Wow! Did you guys ever see this? This lady is talented. Ill try to comment on her posts later

https://hive.blog/hive-174301/@coloringiship/jang-hyuk-portrait-series-or-the-badass-killer

Oh yes!  She's on IG too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuVohuzyH_v/?igsh=dGwwOTFvbzZyN3Yw 

Very talented fan:love:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Appearing in Gym Jong Kook again 

His outfit is different from the rest of them again..hahaha. And he looks drunk, his face is so red. Can't wait to watch it with subs soon.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Appearing in Gym Jong Kook again 

looks like they are getting a second season! Planning their next trip. Why do I feel that JH again got his way?! :rolleyes:The two fan meetings in Japan make more sense now... Or maybe JH was trying to incorporate the fan meetings in the trip?

Also- so glad that Kang Hoon is also there! What a sweet and funny guy he is!

Also- looks like KJK is going full hoarder without his mother to moderate him... :blink:

• Like 1

Some info from Gym Jong Kook show summarised by Korean fan

1. Planning a drama in which an action actor becomes a housewife (April filming begins?)  <Edit: maybe talking about Family drama in Apr 2023>

2. Action entertainment show which you film a 3-minute one scene one cut film (I think it'll be similar to super action?) <Edit: maybe talking about Super Action in 2023>

3. Boxing professional test in March

4. Dragon Year Club variety show

5. In talk with the United States (Hollywood)

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

His outfit is different from the rest of them again..hahaha. And he looks drunk, his face is so red. Can't wait to watch it with subs soon.

they should do another one!

is after all the DRAGON year haha!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup And oops!!!! As I was groaning I didnt read your recap and its actually a good one. At least there’s hope! Yayyy! Thank you

Oh but someone said he was actually talking about Family drama in Apr 2023 and then the Super Action variety? Hiazzz 

• Sad 2