2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

One more old article about him

What do they mean "JH's horse"? Does JH bring his own horse on a production, or do they mean the horse that is assigned to him in the specific production? I would like to see more of JH's interaction with horses, he sounds like a horse whisperer...  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corey said:

and this happens in many K-Dramas (and C-Dramas, too!) and the show tells the audience that a very beautiful woman woman is ugly, and sometimes to convince us they make the girl wear glasses. Anyway, I am not a fan of MY in FTLY, but that is my opinion only of course

Because if the woman is ugly in real life, she won't get a chance to be casted as FL in a love story. This explains why the need for actresses to go for PS, actors too.

1 hour ago, corey said:

Oh, I have almost forgotten about it! I never understood why they needed this particular plot device to bring the couple together. MY never really explains to LG that she had no part in it - why? And the guys are never held accountable - as if the end justifies the means

There's bound to have flaws in every script. No drama has a perfect script. Is how much we're willing to accept those flaws. Me too find this part of the storyline unexplainable. And logicless too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, corey said:

MY never really explains to LG that she had no part in it - why?

Actually, did she even know he thought she was part of the plotting? I thought it was only an assumption he made And he became resentful of her but I don’t remember him actually telling her that he thinks she was in it together... I could be wrong though. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh, when you click on the IG post, there's a translation button that you can click on at the bottom of the captions.:)

Anyway, the last part of the interview mentioned that he likes actor Ethan Hawk as he seems like a poet living in the city, having simple yet different perspectives in thinking and who gives people the feeling like he prefers freedom than making many plans. Hyuk mentioned that he is also not the kind to plan a lot. Because he is an actor, he knows what the public  and  the entertainment business want. But all he want is to express his own things. In the future, it is important to maintain this balance.

The interview is very hard to understand... not just the bad automatic translation, but as usual- the way JH expresses things is so complex. He is very hard to understand...

Another, simple quote from the interview I found interesing " I want to try people with disabilities, either physically or mentally, or even vicious villains." Explains why he took "The sworsman"... Also, connects with our idea of PTSD...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh, when you click on the IG post, there's a translation button that you can click on at the bottom of the captions.:)

Anyway, the last part of the interview mentioned that he likes actor Ethan Hawk as he seems like a poet living in the city, having simple yet different perspectives in thinking and who gives people the feeling like he prefers freedom than making many plans. Hyuk mentioned that he is also not the kind to plan a lot. Because he is an actor, he knows what the public  and  the entertainment business want. But all he want is to express his own things. In the future, it is important to maintain this balance.

Thanks yea sometime translation can be hit or miss on ig.   This confirms what we've been talking about.  We have no doubt he can play those popular roles, but as an actor it's more fun to experiment.  I think it also goes back to what he said about age to where he can pick the roles now that he wants vs later less choice.  

Animals are very intuitive so I'm not surprise they listen to him and can feel his earnestness/kindred spirit.  He actually makes the effort to communicate and is not just giving orders.  This alone shows he's different.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

What do they mean "JH's horse"? Does JH bring his own horse on a production, or do they mean the horse that is assigned to him in the specific production? I would like to see more of JH's interaction with horses, he sounds like a horse whisperer...  :)

I think it should the horse assigned to him? Maybe that's why he is spending time to bond with it so that it will listen to him.

16 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Thanks yea sometime translation can be hit or miss on ig.   This confirms what we've been talking about.  We have no doubt he can play those popular roles, but as an actor it's more fun to experiment.  I think it also goes back to what he said about age to where he can pick the roles now that he wants vs later less choice.  

Animals are very intuitive so I'm not surprise they listen to him and can feel his earnestness/kindred spirit.  He actually makes the effort to communicate and is not just giving orders.  This alone shows he's different.

I agree. I guess he is still trying to achieve that balance between doing what he wants and what the audience wants.

He really spends time building rapport with his co stars, animals included..hehe.. I wonder if he spends time cuddling little dimsum too?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

This confirms what we've been talking about.  We have no doubt he can play those popular roles, but as an actor it's more fun to experiment.  I think it also goes back to what he said about age to where he can pick the roles now that he wants vs later less choice

Perhaps after all... it’s not that he’s not being offered the roles we or the generic audience want to see, but he is rejecting the so called “popular” roles? Perhaps?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

He actually makes the effort to communicate and is not just giving orders.  This alone shows he's different.

Just for your info, I happened to listen to an interview yesterday about a production (C drama) which involved 14 horses. The ML whose been assigned 1 horse, had to spend nearly 1 month training & bonding with the horse. It's not just going to the film site & give orders to the horse. And because animals are unpredictable & most difficult to film, the trainer is always on hand incase the horse decides to gallop away when it's supposed to be doing stunts. :sweatingbullets:Actors who needed to work with horse & if the horse needed to do stunts with the actor onboard, have to spend time training & bonding with the horse. This is what I heard in the interview.

Btw, has he worked with dogs before? I don't mind if he works with dog. :grimace:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Just for your info, I happened to listen to an interview yesterday about a production (C drama) which involved 14 horses. The ML whose been assigned 1 horse, had to spend nearly 1 month training & bonding with the horse. It's not just going to the film site & give orders to the horse. And because animals are unpredictable & most difficult to film, the trainer is always on hand incase the horse decides to gallop away when it's supposed to be doing stunts. :sweatingbullets:Actors who needed to work with horse & if the horse needed to do stunts with the actor onboard, have to spend time training & bonding with the horse. This is what I heard in the interview.

Yea, I know it takes time to bond and I've seen actors train with animals before.  I'm just saying common initial mistake for many when they focus more on getting the horse to do something vs understanding/respect/appreciation for the horse.

Dog scene in FTLY for sure.

I'm sure he'll be fine with dogs too

70146a04fc836f549a7329a550a74c4e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was going over the Money flower thread and I ran into this interview with the PD of MF. She said some interesting things that may answer some of our questions about JH:

" In MoneyFlower as well, he did not try to make shallow appeals for female audience."- This might explain JH not trying to look attractive, and at time actually changing his look so he would look less attractive. Damn it! :) 

"Other actor may have tried to compete with JangSeungJo's character Jang BuCheon, but he didn't. He was clear on the stance: "This scene is for SeungJo to shine, and I should support him"."- this is what I thought about Chuno. I've heard of so many leads who felt threatened by another actor on set, and would demand that their role would be cut or that they would be made to look less attractive. And I thought that any other actor might have felt threatened by OJH looks and height. But not JH. Instead JH went out of his way to help OJH to look good in the fighting scenes, making him look like he was an actual equal in the fighting department to Daegil. That shows how confident and what a team player JH is...

This is the director describing her fear of the show failing and embarassing JH- "I felt more responsibility. I could not let this weekend drama harm his career. I wanted to make a drama that won't embarrass him.
He told me in the beginning, "So what if we fail? It doesn't matter. If we are going to fail, we are going to fail enjoying ourselves."
 -
I'm sure JH cares if a show succedes or fails, but he seems to care more about the quality and having fun :) Tells me that what he chooses a role he looks less for a sure bet in terms of ratings, but rather a fun challenge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is the director describing her fear of the show failing and embarassing JH- "I felt more responsibility. I could not let this weekend drama harm his career. I wanted to make a drama that won't embarrass him.
He told me in the beginning, "So what if we fail? It doesn't matter. If we are going to fail, we are going to fail enjoying ourselves."
 -
I'm sure JH cares if a show succedes or fails, but he seems to care more about the quality and having fun :) Tells me that what he chooses a role he looks less for a sure bet in terms of ratings, but rather a fun challenge.

I think it's a good mentality to have especially for an actor's sanity.  Many highs and lows in the business. If you weigh too much on it you can easily go in these deep depression so I think it's a more balance approach.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Was there a dog in FTLY? I can't remember....hahaha! I only remember the dog in TY which he kicked the dog house! :triumph:

Yea they were trying to get ring back.  It was in the beginning of the series when they first met and got chase by the dog.  In the BTS they try to get the dog to come, but it wouldn't was kind of funny too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Yea they were trying to get ring back.  It was in the beginning of the series when they first met and got chase by the dog.  In the BTS they try to get the dog to come, but it wouldn't was kind of funny too.

Oh yes! I totally forgot about the dog! :blink:

24 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He played with a puppy in Robber too!

I really forgot about the dog in Robber too! I'm old. :confused:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

So I watched iris 2 apart from his hair...I really love the looks of him in a hoodie! He walks around so stylish..but the ending is bad..it’s...my god...It’s like my hopes & dreams matches with the ending..phewwww booommmmm

Yea, I had same issue.  It defeats the purpose of his father's sacrifice and what he wanted to avoid for his son.  Maybe brain thing was going nowhere so better to let hero go out with bang.  Still, think they could of chosen a different way.  What are you going to watch next or are you done already?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie His character had a dog in “Searching for the elephant”. They only had a few scenes together but this one was sweet (The gif is a bit small and dark but he is hugging the big doggie)

Thanks! I forgot about this dog too :confused:That goes to show I only remember "bad" thing. I only remember the dog in TY because Dr Min kicked that dog house & scolded the dog few times. :(

9 hours ago, Sushimi said:

but the ending is bad..it’s...my god...It’s like my hopes & dreams matches with the ending..phewwww booommmmm

Ya the ending sucks for Iris. I'm not sure (just guessing), is it because k drama starts filming before the script is completed? Like maybe they film whatever the scriptwriter had written but the whole story isn't written up yet. So it could be that the scriptwriter really doesn't know how to continue the story or what to write anymore. Could it be? Remember KJK in DB said he once rec'd the script half an hour before filming started....

• Like 2