2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Same! But he wouldn’t listen anyway. He avoids using stunt doubles. Bad Papa was particularly brutal. I mean choreographed fights, those high kicks he does, those are probably fine, but I wish he stopped doing the more dangerous stuff. Especially because safety standards in Korea are apparently not as strict as they should be. Like my korean friend said, “I’m ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating” 

Agree.  Sometimes he is the one who will suggest adding certain scenes, like offering to jump into the icy cold waters in Voice. I hope he will do more melo like what he said, he likes melo.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Same! But he wouldn’t listen anyway. He avoids using stunt doubles. Bad Papa was particularly brutal. I mean choreographed fights, those high kicks he does, those are probably fine, but I wish he stopped doing the more dangerous stuff. Especially because safety standards in Korea are apparently not as strict as they should be. Like my korean friend said, “I’m ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating” 

Yeah after this when people saying they miss JH in action I gonna borrow this quote "I'm ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating".

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, corey said:

Same here. Melos and Rom-coms. Please. These are safe (r). Do you remember this clip from TMWYS production when filming the scene in his hideout with the broken terrarium? When instead on the mattres he landed on hard concrete? Gee, would it be such a hard thing to add wider and thicker mattres?

And also, please stop filming two episodes a week. Terrible safety standards in Korean film industry are related also to the speed of production. Two hourly episodes a week are almost triple the workload for making a TV show for USA market, where I heard that one 40-minutes episode takes about one week (this was said in  a commentary for an episode of "Supernatural" ).

In view of the coronavirus - not sure if rom com are safe too hahahaha! 

There are 2 types of character I really would like JH to take on:

1. Superhero :) I believe he can pull it off really well

2. A really evil character 

21 minutes ago, corey said:

I am really terrified to read this morning that the number of cases in South Korea climbed to 1595. I really hope that all the cast and crew currently filming all the dramas I enjoy are safe!

Yes it is very scary the number of cases/deaths in SK. It sort of like went up very fast.

36 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Esp kissing scene where both have to be in close proximity.

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Agree.  Sometimes he is the one who will suggest adding certain scenes, like offering to jump into the icy cold waters in Voice. I hope he will do more melo like what he said, he likes melo.

I guess this is what he meant by when age catches up, he can't do certain actions anymore. So while he still can, he will prefer to do the stunts himself. He's 45 korean age this year, how many more years can a person jump/kick/fly etc the way he does? As it is, he already has backache from time to time.

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Terrible safety standards!

Actually is not just K industry. C industry too. I ever read that an actor almost drowned when filming. What happened to the lifeguard supposed to be there? Half the time these production just want to get the filming done, the job done, but with minimum safety measures because of cost control.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

You mentioned you’re watch SOGC now? I wonder how are you enjoying it? I haven’t watched and wonder if I should start. I don’t like historical dramas and am not a fan of the female lead, but I really miss him in romance sigh. Hmm maybe I should watch Robbers instead. Or maybe, I should just rewatch FTLY since everything abt the show was so perfect! :lol:

Oh you haven't watched! I thought you have finished it.

For me, in this drama, I like the 2nd female lead more than the lead. And I actually pity her but I must be the minority few.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

There are 2 types of character I really would like JH to take on:

1. Superhero :) I believe he can pull it off really well

2. A really evil character 

Apparently Taiwan dramas have stopped filming kissing scenes now in view of the corona virus.

And no I do not want him to be an evil character! I like my heroes to be good guys. I had such a hard time coming to terms with The Client.

3 hours ago, corey said:

As for the really evil character - if there is a drama where he is a totally evil character, please warn me in advance so I will not watch it :). Our oppa is too hot to be wasted on a purely evil individual, but of course that is just me. ^_^

Aha so we have the same preference !! But only in this aspect, coz I do not like to see him in a rom-com haha..

5 hours ago, yoeda said:

Yeah after this when people saying they miss JH in action I gonna borrow this quote "I'm ok just watching him sitting, blinking and eating".

Rem when he was sitting in a wheelchair in TMWYS ? Everyone was waiting to see him in action lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Top Knetz comments on the hairstyle post by SidusHQ yesterday :

2010_%EA%B5%90%ED%86%A0%ED%86%B5%EC%8B%A

1. Till how old do you intend to stay so handsome ?(+428 -0)
2. No other actor can carry it off the way he does(+265 -6)
3.  Although Jang Hyuk is the same guy in Chuno,  he is really handsome. Even with the messy long hair, he is still especially charismatic and handsome... better than Oh Ji-ho ...(+208 -4)
4.  Wah~~You cannot deny it ~ Jang Hyuk is so handsome ~~^^ (+162 -0)
5. All are suitable, handsome, fighting (+124 -0)
6. Faint .. Why is it that he gets more handsome as he ages ?(+87 -2)
7. Really have to acknowledge Jang Hyuk (+80 -2)
8. Handsome face, nice head shape, any style is suitable (+78 -1)
9. Good actor(+60 -0)
10. Cool!!!!!! (+53 -0)

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27586799&memberNo=28456565

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

@Prettysup loving the first comment!

’till how old do you intend to stay so handsome’ wahahah - love this!

In my opinion; the coronavirus is more contagious but is less deadly as compared to SARS.  In time to come when vaccine are created, it may just become another flu. Till then, the older folks are more vulnerable. 

I actually don’t mind him in another comedy. He was sooooo good in them :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, corey said:

I understand your point with coronavirus, that is why I wore that romcoms are safe(r). At least there is no risk of sudden violent injury. However, even without the coronavirus are a lot of contagious diseases you can catch when in contact with humans. Nothing is completely safe in this world, you know.

I am really terrified to read this morning that the number of cases in South Korea climbed to 1595. I really hope that all the cast and crew currently filming all the dramas I enjoy are safe!

As for the really evil character - if there is a drama where he is a totally evil character, please warn me in advance so I will not watch it :). Our oppa is too hot to be wasted on a purely evil individual, but of course that is just me. ^_^

My korean friend gave me some perspective about corona virus in Korea. Yes, its bad but, in Korea the government is being proactive about it. Number of diagnosis rise because number of tested patients is much higher too. The government is reinforcing preventive measures and the test is free. After the whole issue with the cult happened, they freaked out and everyone is getting tested even people without obvious symptoms. She argues that their government is like “Big Brother” so its not great for personal privacy but effective in these sort of situations. She says that for example Japan might be in a worse situation since they are not enforcing testing and also, there’s “denial” of the situation due to not wanting to cancel the Olympics. So, in her opinion the situation in Korea is bad but the “good thing” is they are dealing with it (not a consolation but it gives us some context) 

@budgerie A person with good physical condition can dance or high kicks or whatever they do forever, thats not the issue. The issue is potential injuries, and injuries accumulate and the pain never totally goes away. Tom Cruise still does action scenes and he does them well. But, are the risks really worth it when there aren’t good safety measures? For Tom Cruise maybe, safety measures must be better and he makes millions but for kdrama actors? I don’t think so. But Im talking about jumping out windows and climbing buildings type of risks, Jang Hyuk doesn’t need to stop doing martial arts scenes where there’s minimal risk. 

@Prettysup I was happy and perfectly ok with him sitting in a wheelchair the whole drama and I’m still for it if he wants to do it. Whats important to me is his eyes acting, his voice and the writing. If he has interesting things to say I don’t care if he walks or not. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, corey said:

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Aha so we have the same preference !! But only in this aspect, coz I do not like to see him in a rom-com haha..

Me too.  I prefer him in a good character.  I can still accept a grey character, but not a totally evil one.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

actually, maybe I should watch the FAMOUS CHUNO huh! Until today I haven’t watched. How can I not watch his most iconic show haha. 

Of course you must!  This is the show that introduces me to JH and cause me to check him out.  He's practically the soul of this drama. 

• Like 4

You guys are tempting me to watch SOGC @budgerie @corey :D

actually, maybe I should watch the FAMOUS CHUNO huh! Until today I haven’t watched. How can I not watch his most iconic show haha. 

I actually kept Chuno for last, as I was hearing so much praise for it, and I didn't want to finish watching all of JH's good shows yet. I wanted to savor JH's filmography :) But eventually I watched it, and, I'm afraid to say, I hated it! I think I am one of the only fans here that feel like that, but i hate it! Not because of the ending. That I didn't mind, and JH was indeed epic in it but, almost everything else, I hated! I hated the plot, I hated the acting of everyone but JH, especially that of OJH and LDH, who I thought were so bland that I ended up fast forwarding through their scenes... Chuno is indeed JH most iconic show, and he deserves all the praise for what he achieved there. He was what made that show epic! The way I see it, he was like one of those guys competing in the "strong man" competitions in which you see them dragging trucks or tanks or train carts. This is what JH did for that show in my eyes- he dragged it single handedly into being a huge success and a show of quality. His acting, insight, dedication and commitment were that powerful!

I thought that all the fans loved Chuno the most, which is why I was so surprised (and JH was surprised too) when it was FTLY that was chosen as the most loved JH show by the Japanese fans. With that I fully agree :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, corey said:

It will be on my "to watch list", however, only if you tell me that he ius not entirely evil character in this drama.

Why do you have the impression that he's evil in this drama?  He's not evil, but a man of sorrows and misfortune.  He becomes what he is driven by circumstances.  I'm so attracted by his energy here.  Watch it for yourself and share with us what you think.  

• Like 4

You guys are tempting me to watch SOGC @budgerie @corey :D

No no, definitely not tempting you. Lol.

But if historical drama is not your tea, don't force yourself.

For me, I like historical drama especially those 80 episodes type. That's why I found SOGC & MC too short for (proper) character development. :D

• Like 2

@The Reel Life @corey I understand @Biology Lesson feelings about Chuno but Im afraid maybe her expectations were too high and thats why she hated the show. Do not be discouraged to at least check the first episodes. I’ve watched more than once and I would watch it again. Yes, Chuno is not perfect but there is a lot of value in it that go beyond Daegil. You could also only watch Daegil and friends and it will be worth it. Jang Hyuk’s acting is amazing in it. He didn’t win Daesang for no reason. 

SOGC is light fluff, his acting is not that nuanced, but its fun for the first half (it gets more dramatic on the second half). To me, its like a rom-com in a historical setting. I’d say its an easy watch and has its charms. 

13 minutes ago, budgerie said:

No no, definitely not tempting you. Lol.

But if historical drama is not your tea, don't force yourself.

For me, I like historical drama especially those 80 episodes type. That's why I found SOGC & MC too short for (proper) character development. :D

But with this mindset, then movies would never provide proper character development? Im not sure length has a lot do with it. Its more how and what, writers spend time with. The longer the production the more “filler” they add to it. I agree that SOGC lacked character development (still better than Voice) JH himself agreed that he felt his character arch wasn’t fully completed so he did Gaekju with hopes of being able to tell a full arch of a character but imo Gaekju turned out worse and it was too long. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I thought that all the fans loved Chuno the most, which is why I was so surprised (and JH was surprised too) when it was FTLY that was chosen as the most loved JH show by the Japanese fans. With that I fully agree :) 

I’ll be honest to say that it will be hard to dethrone FTLY from my heart. It wasn’t my first JH drama (MF was), but FTLY made me the fan I am today. 

and okay guys, I’ll watch Chuno soon haha :lol:

• Like 3