3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

How did he maintain his looks?  Don't tell me it is CG and colour compensation? :lol:

This is tricky. He looks the same as he was 10 years ago but yet different! But it is hard to identify the subtle differences.  Could it be the stories and experiences that he has captured and revealed through his eyes? 

@The Reel Life, I like romance drama and always watch out for kiss scenes of the leads. I haven't watched BM or Robbers, and I am glad you posted those scenes. At least I can now decide if I want to pursue these two dramas or not. The female lead in BM doesn't look compatible to JH. I like FTLY and Money Flower because I felt at least there were either good compatible female lead (or even second leads) or great storyline to make his character outstanding. It will be nice to match JH with leads of his status (or age compatibility?) to really bring us a really great drama! 

• Like 3

This is an incredible scene! When I was watching episode 7 I was kinda afraid that now we are going to sink into OCN's usual pattern- of filler episodes with very little connection to the main plot. But this scene shows that in this case- the woman is actually like OHJ, hanging on to a dead loved one, until she can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy... In the next episode it seems that more is revealed about the OHJ fiance's death...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesss @Biology Lesson I feared the same thing! But if “cases of the week” end up being used to allow for character development of the leads then that’s great (I loved how each patient case revealed more layers of LYO in Beautiful Mind) This drama is still not at that level (probably will never be) but it’s way ahead of Voice in that aspect. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Yesss @Biology Lesson I feared the same thing! But if “cases of the week” end up being used to allow for character development of the leads then that’s great (I loved how each patient case revealed more layers of LYO in Beautiful Mind) This drama is still not at that level (probably will never be) but it’s way ahead of Voice in that aspect. 

@Biology Lesson @dramafan33 I take it that you both enjoy TMWYS better than Voice already even at this point? :) Me too, but I’m trying to figure out why Voice was more successful and of a hit. Was it better cases? In this case I acknowledge that the cases in TMWYS isn’t as “thrilling” and is at a slower pace, but there’s a lot more character development, hidden mystery and pensive reflections compared to Voice. Or was it just a sad case of TMWYS being aired at a duration when there were a slew of other hits? If it was aired another period maybe it would have been more successful? 

• Like 3

@The Reel Life Yes, probably a combination of slower pace, less thrills and definitely stronger competition. But good news, Ep 8 has seen an increase in ratings, 3.7. I’m glad because it had a very good scene at the beginning

I like TMWYS better than Voice but how it progresses and ends will determine my overall personal opinion of it. But I am sure I like OJH much better than MJH. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

12 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I like romance drama and always watch out for kiss scenes of the leads. I haven't watched BM or Robbers, and I am glad you posted those scenes. At least I can now decide if I want to pursue these two dramas or not. The female lead in BM doesn't look compatible to JH. I like FTLY and Money Flower because I felt at least there were either good compatible female lead (or even second leads) or great storyline to make his character outstanding. It will be nice to match JH with leads of his status (or age compatibility?) to really bring us a really great drama! 

Oh wow! Quite a number here likes romance drama. :D@Prettysup@dramafan33are we the minority wants him to don his military uniform & go to war! :grimace:

@AquariusMYI have nothing against PSD but me too find her & JH not compatible in BM in terms of look. I find she looks like a student. The makeup artiste should make her look slightly mature instead of making her look like a student. I like the poster she & JH did, that makeup & hairstyle look good on her & she doesn't look like a student in the poster. Instead I find she looked good together with JH. Not so much the age, I'm fine with a 20 years age gap but give her a more grown up look. The story in BM is beautiful but everyone has a different taste bud in drama so maybe you want to check it out to see if it's to your drama taste bud. Lol.

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I’m trying to figure out why Voice was more successful and of a hit. Was it better cases? In this case I acknowledge that the cases in TMWYS isn’t as “thrilling” and is at a slower pace, but there’s a lot more character development, hidden mystery and pensive reflections compared to Voice.

Actually is very difficult to say why VOICE was a hit or why such & such a drama wasn't. It also depends on who is the audience.

In VOICE many of us couldn't stand MJH running around & shouting & I couldn't stand KKJ too, but at least some of the cases were entertaining enough. Some of us here like VOICE. So still, the bottomline is individual preference. For me, TMWYS is still ok, only OHJ was boring but since he came out of hiding, it's getting interesting. 

Hey, just to say for fun, if really JH next genre is a war genre, I will jump for joy but I think you won't jump for joy. Hahaha!

I actually wish JH will be offered a good solid historical role (you know those 80 episodes type) that will give him time to explore the character to the max. Haiz...will my wish come true?

• Like 2

Look who's telling who to let go! I guess OHJ is also referring to himself that he needs to let Isu go in peace too & not hold on to the past. For the lawyer, I hope her sentence will not be heavy. She needs medical help, she needs a counsellor. From a mother's point of view, it's tough to lose a son.

When OHJ said everyone has a scar, Leader Hwang walked away. I'm curious what scar has she got? She seemed to be hiding something. Chief Choi seemed to be the "mastermind" of something. I hope JM betrays Chief Choi.

Ok, the 1 thing I find weird is OHJ scar. Why is it still red after 5 years? And, is it me or you feel the same? In the flashback, I find OHJ wasn't very "loving" towards Isu. The relationship seemed cold.

I'm beginning to wonder the village policeman - is it he likes SY or he's trying to find out information from SY? 

For me, episode 8 seemed boring.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie But they don’t make 80 eps sageuk anymore! (Thank goodness lololol) 

How about war drama with some romance? Win win situation there 

Huh? They don't make 80 eps sageuk anymore? What a waste! I don't mind if JH is in a 80 eps drama.

Yes. War drama with romance like...the girl is a nurse (war nurse) who follows them around to treat their wounds & JH character can get nursed back to health by the nurse. And then he needs to go for another war & this time nurse cannot follow & they have a 1N stand & when he comes back from war, he finds he got a son. Hahaha! My goodness, this is so drama.

Btw, anyone got problem posting at the drama thread? I couldn't post.

• Like 2

@budgerie The fresh scar, I was thinking about it

Today’s episode showed us that this drama is not meant to be “realistic”. There are fantasy elements, a bit of horror/suspense/paranormal maybe, and since characters “hallucinate” (especially OHJ) their account of things is not 100% reliable, we need to suspect that many times what they see is not reality and what we see may not be “real” either or it is at least a distorted, unreliable version of events

They mention this in the drama too often to be ignored. The preview for ep 9 is all about that

The kid did see the woman’s child in the mirror (did OHJ also saw him or did he say it to play along with the mom?) OHJ definitely saw Isu (but he is now used to his own hallucinations) so he more than anyone, understood that poor woman. “Everyone has a scar, the mirror showed that” That was beautiful and sad. I think the drama is full of symbolism and the fresh scar is one. Maybe its not meant to be explained realistically. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

@Biology Lesson @dramafan33 I take it that you both enjoy TMWYS better than Voice already even at this point? :) Me too, but I’m trying to figure out why Voice was more successful and of a hit. Was it better cases? In this case I acknowledge that the cases in TMWYS isn’t as “thrilling” and is at a slower pace, but there’s a lot more character development, hidden mystery and pensive reflections compared to Voice. Or was it just a sad case of TMWYS being aired at a duration when there were a slew of other hits? If it was aired another period maybe it would have been more successful? 

Most certainly I'm enjoying this show better! In my opinion every aspect of the show is better- from the characters, to the plot, to the cast and not to mention- JH's look, which is incredible! :) From what I'm seeing, this show is not an OCN conventional show. until now, nothing is predictable, which is great. I thought that episode 8 was amazing- the mind games OHJ is playing, his attitude and demeanor is like no other character I've seen in this genre. I remember that in the beginning of the promotion they promised exactly that, and we were baffled by that as the description of the character sounded so cliche. But now I understand what they meant... JH has created here an incredible character that, I have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing in another season. I think all the shippers are going to be disappointed this season as I don't think there is any way we'll see OHJ, that is still mourning, falling in love. I'm guessing this season will focus on revealing more and more about who OHJ was and how he fell in love through the various cases, just as they did in BM. As I said, this is the first show since BM that makes me want to rewatch it.

Now why did Voice have better ratings? I have no idea. I'm seeing many comments from people saying that they are waiting for the show to end so they can watch, as they know they can't stand the tension of waiting another week for new episodes. Maybe Voice was at a time before people thought about doing that? At any rate, since I can't stand most of the high rated shows, I guess I'm not the right person to ask about this :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

If you noticed, ratings for Saturday's are consistently way much lower than Sunday's, becoz TMWYS airs at the same timing at the JTBC's Fri/Sat drama Itaewon Class which is super popular now. But then again on Sundays when there is hardly any competition, ratings are just averaging around 3%, still lower than Voice's 5% ish range. Anyway viewers' preferences are always subjective, not everything can be explained logically sometimes.

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

Btw, anyone got problem posting at the drama thread? I couldn't post.

I have no problem, u still cannot post? Btw why is your font so small? My ahjumma eyes can hardly make out your words hahaha

• Like 4

I have no problem, u still cannot post? Btw why is your font so small? My ahjumma eyes can hardly make out your words hahaha

Earlier on I tried afew times couldn't post but I didn't try now.

Oops! Sorry for the small font. I am wearing old flower eye (老花眼) glasses so I could see clearly. Hahaha! 

Spoiler

Sidetrack : any nice drama of WC lately?

On 2/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, budgerie said:

Doesn't he get injured enough? He was almost exploded 5 years ago! Lol.

While typing this, am laughing to myself, those of us here who wants his next genre to have LOVE but the few of us here wants a hot JH in war! Hahaha!

I want to see him fighting in war, gets injured and be in love, haha...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1