Very long post, brace yourselves haha. 

My 2 cents, and I could be wrong, u guys are much more well read about JH’s situation and also his history - is that it isn’t just loyalty at play, but also stability And familiarity. It’s true that JH is loyal, probably extremely loyal sometimes to his “loss”, but I think another aspect that we may be missing out is his preference for stability. 

Across other areas in his life too, he strikes me as someone who values familiarity and stability. His family, how he used to talk abt a teacher’s profession if not acting, his predictable and disciplined routine in life - it almost seems like he doesn’t need or crave for thrill or a roller coaster journey to reach success. Also not to forget, he goes to office daily like it is his second home, and changing a new environment especially when you’ve spent 20 years there, the fear can be real. Not that JHisn’t ambitious, he loves challenging himself in various roles, but if he was someone who was an outright risk taker, I think he would have joined another company long ago and let them steer his career to a different direction. But due to his extreme level-headedness And groundedness, it almost seems like he is more of someone who chooses to take on roles/things that he is sure he can deliver (and makes sure he delivers x100) rather than for the fun of it just to challenge himself.

I also imagine that post the military scandal, when he was at his rock bottom, perhaps he never expected to be able to get out of it. And anything extra from then on is a bonus. It’s probably a gratitude mindset kicking in (which is good obviously) that makes him think that success is what it is, not everything in life, no one definition, and when you’ve gone through hell, everything you have later you just cherish better. And who knows, maybe a hallyu or chungmuro star status is not what he’s looking for, because it will most definitely come at the expense of something else in his life (to this, I believe there is definitely a causal relationship).

(This is not saying that popular stars cannot have a good personal life like what JH has, but there are a lot of scandals that we see in the news). Some examples: LBH was involved in a sex scandal, so was another actor allegedly recently, and these are hugely popular movie actors. Some of the most famous drama actors like SJS and HB and JIS are not married yet (and therefore have the romantic mileage for young girls to fantasize in romantic roles), consequently I think they also have more time to spend focusing on acting? But yet they churn out so much less work than JH, who works hard to the bone because of his sheer love for acting. On the contrary - If you look at Rain, who used to be a super top singer, who married KTH, his shows are not hits at all now, and his success seems dim compared to what he experienced, but hey, they both seem to have a super blissful life. Same goes to Won Bin and LNY (JH’s co-star last time), they are so exclusive no one knows what’s going on with them, apart from adverts they churn out, but they seem happy with what they’ve chosen. 

Hence. When I compare him with other actors whom people would typically compare, then honestly it feels that JH has won the game in life, not just the game in the industry. (At least in his own definition I assume, not the world’s definition). He is earnest, genuine, honest in everything he does, and i would not have it any other way for him!

Of course we will honestly never at all know what is the true story behind everything and can speculate till the end of time, but I guess we can conclude that we come from places where we just want the best for JH and we think certain actions will lead to a better acting career for him, but truthfully we will not know too, so as long as he is contented, has free reign in choosing characters he likes to act, feels a sense of belonging wherever he is, and has a happy family, I think that’s all that matters. 

ok thanks for reading my long opinion haha :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

@The Reel Life You made many excellent points. And it’s true, we won’t ever know for sure what goes on behind the scenes with him. And does it really matter anymore? He seems content and I’m ok with that. I’m grateful and keep praying he will never be involved in any scandal. Just been able to continue enjoying his work is enough. And I don’t even remember how we ended up on this topic lol (its Friday and I’m very tired) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

BTW @fiesty8001 did you ever read or heard the rumor that it was Sidus agency actually responsible for the whole military service dodging scandal? That it was actually standard practice for them and most agencies to do this? 

Yes I did. As far as I remember after the scandal broke out the police caught two agents whose job was to contaminate the specimens collected for medical evaluation before the enlistment. These agents exclusively worked for high profile clients like actors. I think there were about 100 actors(newbies as well as established) who were suspected of using their service but only three actors'(including JH) names were published in the media. JH and Han Jae Suk(other Sidus actor) promptly submitted themselves for the investigations and claimed that their agencies were not involved and they were sole culprits. But the agent confessed that he directly dealt with the upper management of the Sidus and has not ever met or talked to the actors. He also said the actors were taking the blame because they need their agency to pull them back into the industry. But the actors didn't change their stance and I think either there was no way to prove the involvement of Sidus or the agent was handsomely paid for shutting his mouth afterwards. 

I believe that agent's confession was truthful because if JH and HJS had really decided to dodge military on their own then their agency would've kicked them out. There was no reason for Sidus to protect their unethical artists. But Sidus tried it's best to put JH's(I think HJS left) career on the right track. 

Although for taking service of the agent I think Sidus must have taken actors' permission beforehand or it could have been standard practice in their company.

• Like 4

On 2/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, corey said:

Indeed the fringe looks bad on JH ROTFL. I know the WOL look, I will look up the other bad harcuts, too. He looks best with his hair parted in the middle and longish, IMHO. Really brings up his eyebrows and rather delicate features.

I like Pil Joo hairstyle. I also like his look in FTLY the short hair. I prefer him in short hair. Anything that is not frindge infront. Usually their fringe is very thick like a mop .

On 2/21/2020 at 12:30 AM, fiesty8001 said:

My post is completely  unrelated to the topic of this thread but I've just read the news that one member of a Korean cult is responsible for infecting 30 people with novel coronavirus ! I always wonder why does Korea has so many cults.

Haiz...I also read that the virus in SK is spreading fast too. JH better not do any romantic drama at this point of time. No need for onscreen kisses & intimacy. :grimace:

On 2/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, yoeda said:

I'm indifferent about Han Ga In. She maybe stars in most high rated K-Drama but acting wise she make me not interested. But, famous female lead doesn't meant a success if a story suck. cough...cough...WOL.

Oh, I'm fine with her. But then, everyone taste in celebrity is different.

• Like 3

@The Reel LifeWow! Your post is really long & I truly agree with you. You know, there are times I ask myself (because my children asked me) have I gone 'overboard' in my liking or fangirling with JH. In truth, there's nothing that we know about this man except for what we read, what we see on TV and what he is willing to show the public. Behind closed doors of his home, we are not his wife, not his children, not his parents, not even his neighbour who could say HELLO everyday.

Naturally we want the best for JH but what do we know what's best for JH? How much do we know his personal thoughts? Sometimes we may debate a certain sentence he said, but how do we know if it's the truth or he's been "tutored" to say this for the public? We don't work in Sidus, we don't follow him around like his Manager does. We don't see the actual thing that is happening except for what is shown to us & what is shown to us probably has been edited. 

I like the way JH wants to maintain his relationship with his fans, as he said, a parellel line. Journey together but don't cross each other paths. I know when we like someone, we tend to feel or think every thing about that person is good. His decision is best. Everything about him is almost perfect if not perfect. But JH is just another human being like us. He has his bad days too, bad choices, bad decisions. But whatever it is whether (in our eyes) is good decision or bad decision, good choice or bad choice, we are not in the position to make any judgement. Whatever decision/choice he made is the right decision/choice for that moment.

As for his military scandal, again, that's what we read or saw the news on TV. Some people blame Sidus, some people blame JH. Whoever who started this scandal, JH is right to shoulder the blame. He did the right thing. Whether it was Sidus decision for him to dodge or he personally wanted to dodge, JH was a "willing" party despite knowing that this is a no no. Because he owned up to his mistake, paid the price, he is what he is today. If for instance, if he was able to dodge without being caught, do you think you will like a this type of JH? Someone who did something in order to dodge military. Will we still respect such a person?

Definitely agree with your post. Sorry mine is rather long too. :grimace:

@dramafan33It's been a long work week. Take care of yourself & recharge ya. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Haiz...I also read that the virus in SK is spreading fast too. JH better not do any romantic drama at this point of time. No need for onscreen kisses & intimacy. :grimace:

With 350 confirmed cases I worry S Korea's situation can be as much alarming as China's. 

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

With 350 confirmed cases I worry S Korea's situation can be as much alarming as China's. 

Already 350? :blink:I think filming should temporary stop. You just don't know who & who has been in contact with who & who. And I heard in every production team, there's more than 100 people. :unsure:Oh, btw, this drama finished filming or still filming?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Already 350? :blink:I think filming should temporary stop. You just don't know who & who has been in contact with who & who. And I heard in every production team, there's more than 100 people. :unsure:Oh, btw, this drama finished filming or still filming?

Biggest source of infection was a member of the cult in Daegu and  the infection is still not too widespread but incubation period of this virus is very large so there is a chance that many people have been unconciously infecting their neighbours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, budgerie said:

It’s still filming. I imagine filming will only end about 1-2 weeks before the ending of the show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

It’s still filming. I imagine filming will only end about 1-2 weeks before the ending of the show. 

You know, I'm even contemplating not watching until the drama is over so that I can watch continuously. It's rather frustrating to watch 2 days & stop for 7 days (due to waiting for sub title). 

Btw, do you watch C drama?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You know, I'm even contemplating not watching until the drama is over so that I can watch continuously. It's rather frustrating to watch 2 days & stop for 7 days (due to waiting for sub title). 

Btw, do you watch C drama?

I don’t like the wait too, but then I like the feeling of watching live because I can have discussions with ppl on the forum abt the show! Plus it’s super hard to avoid spoilers especially when I follow so many Hyukie fan accounts on IG hahaha. I don’t watch C-dramas, not really a fan. Also, I think My quota is only one drama at a time, otherwise I will neglect my work :lol:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I don’t like the wait too, but then I like the feeling of watching live because I can have discussions with ppl on the forum abt the show! Plus it’s super hard to avoid spoilers especially when I follow so many Hyukie fan accounts on IG hahaha. I don’t watch C-dramas, not really a fan. Also, I think My quota is only one drama at a time, otherwise I will neglect my work :lol:

Oh wow! You're really busy, following so many fan accounts on IG. :lol:

Ya I know, sometimes when the storyline gets exciting, is hard to work. Keep thinking of what's next. Esp if it's historical drama, just looking at the number of episodes makes me tired but I enjoy historical drama.

I hope he will do another historical drama (again) but be a king this time already. He'll probably be the most handsome king :grimace:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, corey said:

I have heard that many K-Drama actors are "owned" by fans and if they start dating or marrying (like in the case of Rain) thei carees seems to be over. This is something that I really find incredible and strange.

Not only k fans. I guess C fans, T fans & HK fans all the same. These fans have taken the "fangirling" to a dangerous level. Some even commit suicide when their idol gets married. 

5 minutes ago, corey said:

Also - I have watched bits of Flu last night and I liked JH of course - but why did they make him interact with an annoying little girl rather than her mother most of the time (at least at the beginning?) .

I actually like his interaction with the little girl. Hahaha! Infact I enjoyed his interaction with the little girl more than with Soo Ae. Just like how I enjoyed his interaction with little Shin Ae more than with Hyo Jin in THANK YOU.

• Like 3