Part 2 of the fan meeting review 

So he was asked questions here, but the ones that were asked... seriously... I know these fans have payed for the opportunity to be there and they have the right to ask what ever they want, but- come on!  

"Q1. The first question was, what do you think the most attractive thing of you?" Seriously?! This is what you always wanted to ask?!:blink:

"Q2. The second question was 'which character do you like best?'" he's answered several times before. He doesn't have a favorite character.

"Q3. 'You said you wanted to be a producer. Which producer would you like to be?'" In all the interviews I've read of his he's never said he wanted to be a producer, and that's what he confirmed in his answer... Though his response was interesting, showing that he's like more control over his characters.

So frustrating... Also, from what he said about singing, clearly he would rather not to sing. I wish in the next fan meeting they'd release him of that obligation...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So he was asked questions here, but the ones that were asked... seriously... I know these fans have payed for the opportunity to be there and they have the right to ask what ever they want, but- come on!  

"Q1. The first question was, what do you think the most attractive thing of you?" Seriously?! This is what you always wanted to ask?!:blink:

"Q2. The second question was 'which character do you like best?'" he's answered several times before. He doesn't have a favorite character.

"Q3. 'You said you wanted to be a producer. Which producer would you like to be?'" In all the interviews I've read of his he's never said he wanted to be a producer, and that's what he said that in his answer...

So frustrating... 

Haha I guess it’s hard to bank on everyone to ask the “right” questions. And also I guess the MC could have picked better questions? Haha. 

But I’m still happy to be able to read a detailed account of the event. This is the most detailed I’ve ever read, other fans seem to write only their personal feelings and not what JH himself talked about at the event, so this is great!!

54 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Thank you for this! 

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I’m so so sorry I told the story about the “no butt touching rule”. I must’ve told it in a way that sounded much more serious than It was meant. My friend who told this story is american, and to her such specific instruction seemed funny so she exaggerated the whole thing about the manager walking behind him, Im sure. It is quite possible this is just standard procedure in such meetings. But by focusing on a specific body part, you draw more attention to it (and thats sorta the joke here) Anyway, now I know I have to be more careful about what and how I share things over here, in order not to create confusion and/or unnecessary worries.  Personally not bothered by anyone touching his eyebrows or biceps, and I don’t detect anything strange in his reaction to those but then again I probably am not paying too much attention and also, I suppose he would set boundaries. Not only “fans” can be dangerous, the world is full of real aggression too,  but it will equally be an unlivable world if every little thing bothers us, offends us. So I guess my take is, it’s important to distinguish between a gesture of genuine affection and an aggression and also be mindful of the other party’s consent or reaction. I guess being mindful, careful is the best bet. I’m very stiff when Im next to a celebrity (or a stranger) precisely because I want to respect their space (thats why I’ll never share my picture with Hyuk, I looked so tense and therefore ugly! Lol) but since I work on a TV network I have met many celebrities and most times they will be the ones grabbing me and hugging me when they notice Im being careful. They do it to make me feel more comfortable (of course there are those who don’t care too and/or are also shy and serious, culture also, is an important factor, some cultures are more “touchy” and others much more reserved). In fact it was JH who “touched” my back only slightly during our group photo, I was too careful and didn’t even touch one inch of his body :D ugh! Not even a little poke on his arm lol 

Ah, you guys, so fortunate to have met Hyuk! If I have the chance to meet him in the future I hope I won’t stammer haha. I wonder what goes through his mind each time he sees fans who either freeze out of shyness or burst into hysterical screams. What does it feel like? So curious about his thoughts LOL. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Thank you :) @Biology Lesson for sharing Christine’s fan meeting review part 2

Awwwww I loved it! Felt as if I was there with her. The fans questions were good and his answers so sincere and emotional. It all feels so warm. Again, Im so sorry but I love his bad singing, the fact that he does it so earnestly and his self-review lol! And also I don’t think he’ll stop. When I saw him in Korea’s fan meeting he didn’t seem to dislike singing. He really got into it and its his way to express affection to his fans. He just does it badly! Its more torture to our ears but not an “obligation” to him at all. He has been doing this for decades. Its tradition and why break it now? 

His reflexions on living in the present and looking at the past as opposed on only the future, his attempts to reconnect with friends, and his focus on present emotions and touching people’s hearts :heart: love love love how she shared all of that with his fans 

I know he doesn’t take these events just as “work” because the fan meeting in Korea was his idea, and they barely broke even with that one (possibly even lost money) It was 10 times less expensive than the japanese ones. But he did it to celebrate his 20 years of career, and connect with his fans. One more reason to appreciate this man. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

"Q3. 'You said you wanted to be a producer. Which producer would you like to be?'" In all the interviews I've read of his he's never said he wanted to be a producer, and that's what he confirmed in his answer... Though his response was interesting, showing that he's like more control over his characters.

So frustrating... Also, from what he said about singing, clearly he would rather not to sing. I wish in the next fan meeting they'd release him of that obligation...

Hmmm I believe he has expressed interest in being a PD (producer director, this is what they call them) And he even wrote a scenario. Basically he has expressed wanting to have more control of his own character etc. I didn’t think it was such a bad question. Also, it was the MC who chose the questions apparently. 

• Like 4

So I propose something that may end up being fun here. What would you guys ask Jang Hyuk in an interview? (I like @The Reel Life question, How do you feel about your fans’ reactions? Do they scare you when they scream? Lolol) 

DC gallery korean fans once created a questionnaire for him to fill out, this was filled by him when they visited his SOGC filming site, and they had extra fun seeing him react to the questions themselves. They weren’t serious but silly fun trivia questions, but at least more “original”. I wish I could find that somewhere in my phone. Maybe one day! 

Btw I remember fans saying that he looked much more beautiful behind the scenes during that drama’s filming! It was a shame how on TV cameras he looked less attractive than on their phones and in person (maybe the lighting for that drama wasn’t great) 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I’m so so sorry I told the story about the “no butt touching rule”. I must’ve told it in a way that sounded much more serious than It was meant. My friend who told this story is american, and to her such specific instruction seemed funny so she exaggerated the whole thing about the manager walking behind him, Im sure. It is quite possible this is just standard procedure in such meetings. But by focusing on a specific body part, you draw more attention to it (and thats sorta the joke here) Anyway, now I know I have to be more careful about what and how I share things over here, in order not to create confusion and/or unnecessary worries.  Personally not bothered by anyone touching his eyebrows or biceps, and I don’t detect anything strange in his reaction to those but then again I probably am not paying too much attention and also, I suppose he would set boundaries. Not only “fans” can be dangerous, the world is full of real aggression too,  but it will equally be an unlivable world if every little thing bothers us, offends us. So I guess my take is, it’s important to distinguish between a gesture of genuine affection and an aggression and also be mindful of the other party’s consent or reaction. I guess being mindful, careful is the best bet. I’m very stiff when Im next to a celebrity (or a stranger) precisely because I want to respect their space (thats why I’ll never share my picture with Hyuk, I looked so tense and therefore ugly! Lol) but since I work on a TV network I have met many celebrities and most times they will be the ones grabbing me and hugging me when they notice Im being careful. They do it to make me feel more comfortable (of course there are those who don’t care too and/or are also shy and serious, culture also, is an important factor, some cultures are more “touchy” and others much more reserved). In fact it was JH who “touched” my back only slightly during our group photo, I was too careful and didn’t even touch one inch of his body :D ugh! Not even a little poke on his arm lol 

Haha that would be me.  I usually don't touch people first, but once I know them or for example like they start hug then I got sign  ok to hug back.  I'm happy that you got that experience with him and I so agree with you.  I'm sure it varies depending on the situation.  I didn't really take your butt thing that serious.  I did think that butt statement was a little weird when I first read it and was just recalling some instances I've seen, but not trying to be jaded about world :).

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha I guess it’s hard to bank on everyone to ask the “right” questions. And also I guess the MC could have picked better questions? Haha. 

But I’m still happy to be able to read a detailed account of the event. This is the most detailed I’ve ever read, other fans seem to write only their personal feelings and not what JH himself talked about at the event, so this is great!!

Thank you for this! 

Ah, you guys, so fortunate to have met Hyuk! If I have the chance to meet him in the future I hope I won’t stammer haha. I wonder what goes through his mind each time he sees fans who either freeze out of shyness or burst into hysterical screams. What does it feel like? So curious about his thoughts LOL. 

Oh, yeah! Of course, the account is fantastic! So much work put into it, really appreciated... Generally speaking, Christine's site is a gold mine of JH information!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Awwwww I loved it! Felt as if I was there with her. The fans questions were good and his answers so sincere and emotional. It all feels so warm. Again, Im so sorry but I love his bad singing, the fact that he does it so earnestly and his self-review lol! And also I don’t think he’ll stop. When I saw him in Korea’s fan meeting he didn’t seem to dislike singing. He really got into it and its his way to express affection to his fans. He just does it badly! Its more torture to our ears but not an “obligation” to him at all. He has been doing this for decades. Its tradition and why break it now? 

Haha! I agree. I think he loves singing and dancing. Not for performance sake for but just to enjoy. I recall him singing and dancing and looking really like he truly enjoyed himself when he was on Real Men. I think he is comfortable in front of his fans to sing and he can even joke about his singing everytime. I find it very endearing.

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

DC gallery korean fans once created a questionnaire for him to fill out, this was filled by him when they visited his SOGC filming site, and they had extra fun seeing him react to the questions themselves. They weren’t serious but silly fun trivia questions, but at least more “original”. I wish I could find that somewhere in my phone. Maybe one day! 

Wow! That would be so fun to read! Hope you can find that someday.  He did do a silly fun trivia questionnaire during an interview done during his Dance of the Dragon days. His responses were quite funny to me..haha! You can read them below. Click to read more.

Ok. And he mentioned in the above interview that he doesn't diet. It's not important to him. He still eats French fries.Lol!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Btw I remember fans saying that he looked much more beautiful behind the scenes during that drama’s filming! It was a shame how on TV cameras he looked less attractive than on their phones and in person (maybe the lighting for that drama wasn’t great) 

OMG! Are you sure? He is already very beautiful in the drama.. ok..I need to go faint somewhere.

• LOL 3

8 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

OMG! Are you sure? He is already very beautiful in the drama.. ok..I need to go faint somewhere.

Yessss DC Gallery fans were in shock at his beauty as prince Wangso behind the scenes. The TV couldn’t reflect such beauty! Now Im thinking Bangwon behind the scenes and in person must’ve been out of this world! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Yessss DC Gallery fans were in shock at his beauty as prince Wangso behind the scenes. The TV couldn’t reflect such beauty! Now Im thinking Bangwon behind the scenes and in person must’ve been out of this world! 

Never really seen pics of bts except for this one.  You making me curious now.

fullsizephoto561514.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

So I propose something that may end up being fun here. What would you guys ask Jang Hyuk in an interview? (I like @The Reel Life question, How do you feel about your fans’ reactions? Do they scare you when they scream? Lolol) 

Oh please if you can find it! I thoroughly enjoy reading everything about JH. I’m sure he would be so amused seeing the type of questions his fans ask him hehe.

If I could ask him Some questions, they would be: 

1. What’s your approach to deciding what acting projects to take on at each point in time?

2. your fans are constantly worried for you and always wish the best for you :lol:  can you share what is your definition of an unsuccessful project, how do you usually feel after and how do you overcome it?

3. How do you juggle family and worklife?

4. Can you please never stop acting? (Joking haha)

5. what is your personal favourite hairstyle? (Sorry just had to but I’m serious about this question!!!)

edit: additional question - do you have a say in the hairstyle you choose in your shows? How are those styles decided? Sometimes they look quite “interesting”. :sweatingbullets: Next to your acting that’s the number 2 topic they talk about! 

39 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! I agree. I think he loves singing and dancing. Not for performance sake for but just to enjoy. I recall him singing and dancing and looking really like he truly enjoyed himself when he was on Real Men. I think he is comfortable in front of his fans to sing and he can even joke about his singing everytime. I find it very endearing.

Wow! That would be so fun to read! Hope you can find that someday.  He did do a silly fun trivia questionnaire during an interview done during his Dance of the Dragon days. His responses were quite funny to me..haha! You can read them below. Click to read more.

Ok. And he mentioned in the above interview that he doesn't diet. It's not important to him. He still eats French fries.Lol!

this is sooooo funny! Haha the way he answered them. His typical serious self yet dry sense of humour. Did he write the answers in English himself or was it a verbal interview that was transcribed? thanks @azureblue7

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@phoenix24 Im so frustrated with myself for not keeping my blog up to date! I should’ve kept these kinds of things but I’ll see if I can find something tonight 

Here is something but I think they went again when he had his “prince” attire and he looked gorgeous, will look for those https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/fan-support-shine-or-go-crazy-and-more-birthday-cake/amp/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think this is the video you guys are talking about, filmed by a fan that visited the set... If any of you can say what is being said, that would be great :) I really can't describe how pleasant his real talking voice is... he should use it more in shows.

I have to say, I didn't know that JH's look in SOGC was so disliked. I actually didn't think he looked that bad... SOGC is a show I would rewatch as there are many funny scenes in the show- I like most of the middle of the show.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think this is the video you guys are talking about, filmed by a fan that visited the set... If any of you can say what is being said, that would be great :) I really can't describe how pleasant his real talking voice is... he should use it more in shows.

I have to say, I didn't know that JH's look in SOGC was so disliked. I actually didn't think he looked that bad... SOGC is a show I would rewatch as there are many funny scenes in the show- I like most of the middle of the show.

Thanks, sound is kind of on and off.  Hihi I think fans get too excited and that's why camera is shaky.  Yea, I remember a lot of comments on this drama there was a lot of second lead male syndrome and people say he didn't match with fl.  He doesn't look that bad, but I think he can look better.  Drama doesn't show his full potential.  For some reason too, I think his younger period in drama was not as charming or sometime even make him look older.  Which is weird because I like him without facial hair in fated to love you, but I think he's one of those few actors i prefer in most cases with a bit of facial hair.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes, this is it! he was answering fans questions here. Its not that his look in the drama was disliked (although maybe at first it was, my personal reason is that his makeup was unflattering, a strange mustardy color and lighting wasn’t great) but the comment in this case was more that his beauty is person was insane in comparison to the TV. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Thanks, sound is kind of on and off.  Hihi I think fans get too excited and that's why camera is shaky.  Yea, I remember a lot of comments on this drama there was a lot of second lead male syndrome and people say he didn't match with fl.  He doesn't look that bad, but I think he can look better.  Drama doesn't show his full potential.  For some reason too, I think his younger period in drama was not as charming or sometime even make him look older.  Which is weird because I like him without facial hair in fated to love you, but I think he's one of those few actors i prefer in most cases with a bit of facial hair.

SLS? But that SL was so annoying?!? But ok I suppose the actor has his faithful fans. I know only a couple of them who were annoyed because he keeps getting second lead roles and they somehow took it out on JH (like its his fault other actors don’t get lead roles -_-)

What I do recall is many people liking the leads and the humor but others being annoyed at them and rooting instead for Lee Honey’s character (the princess/Queen) understandable as she was very cool and charismatic. Despite my dislike for maaaany aspects of SOGC (direction and production value being one major one) I think his chemistry with the fl is one of the things that saved it. Another comment I read a lot was that the wigs were terrible (which is true lol) 

And incredibly, despite all these “problems” SOGC had high ratings, it remained in two digits, at a time when most big network dramas were falling under one digit. But JH got criticism in korean media for this role (again, the same old comparison to Daegil bla bla bla and blaming him for everything that wasn’t working since he was the lead) 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes, this is it! he was answering fans questions here. Its not that his look in the drama was disliked (although maybe at first it was, my personal reason is that his makeup was unflattering, a strange mustardy color and lighting wasn’t great) but the comment in this case was more that his beauty is person was insane in comparison to the TV. 

Hmmm... I didn't notice his makeup in SOGC ... I have to say the only show in which I noticed his makeup was in Money Flower. There were several shots in which you could actually see he's wearing makeup, and that was distracting to me (maybe they had to use heavy makeup because he was still red from his sleeping in the sun in DC? :) ).

22 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

SLS? But that SL was so annoying?!? But ok I suppose the actor has his faithful fans. I know only a couple of them who were annoyed because he keeps getting second lead roles and they somehow took it out on JH (like its his fault other actors don’t get lead roles -_-)

Who is SLS?

24 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Another comment I read a lot was that the wigs were terrible (which is true lol) 

I didn't notice the wigs being bad either... How do I not notice these things?! But- we do know now that JH also dislikes these wigs, so maybe they were right...

26 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

And incredibly, despite all these “problems” SOGC had high ratings, it remained in two digits, at a time when most big network dramas were falling under one digit. But JH got criticism in korean media for this role (again, the same old comparison to Daegil bla bla bla and blaming him for everything that wasn’t working since he was the lead) 

I went through the Soompi thread for the show some time ago and it was relatively active and most people loved the show except for the end. Everyone hated the end... So this might explain why the ratings for the show was relatively high- the show was very simply fun! Not great, but fun. And people liked it for the most part.

Come to think about it, wasn't the production value in Money Flower also low? It took me a while but at a certain point I realized that what Money Flower is is essentially a glorified soap. The small cast and limited filming locations started to make me feel hemmed in after a while. This, the plot holes in the show and the lackluster love story, are the reasons why, inspite of JH's glorious acting, MF is not one of my favorite JH shows. SOGC I have rewatched but MF I haven't...

I guess the Korean media doesn't agree with me on that :). Than again I also couldn't finish watching Goblin as I found that show to be idiotic and embarrassing, so for sure the Korean media doesn't agree with me. And they really should start to move past Dae gil...

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I think the sound goes on an off intentionally. If you notice it goes off  when the person is asking a question. I guess the fan didn't want her voice to be heard in the video... You can see that the questions are written instead... Can no one understand what is being said in the vid?! :tears:

The role is mostly fluffy, so I can't blame JH for it, I guess (except for the constant "Kebong" yelling. That I do blame JH for... :) ) .

OK! I admit it- the show was idiotic, but it was fun, the cast was great and the love story was really cute.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@Biology Lesson He always, everyone in TV, wear makeup. If lighting is bad, makeup looks too obvious. This is a problem, unless its intentional. In sageuk they usually put brownish or mustardy makeup on him. His face is always a different color from his neck, hands etc, except in Chuno where he actually tanned.  In most dramas they darken his skin. Only kept his natural fair complexion in FTLY,  Beautiful Mind, Money Flower (but still, they put makeup on him, they fill his eyebrows etc) In addition, they blurred his face a lot in Money Flower. The drama overall had a sort of “filter”. Your description of it as “glorified soap” is apt. That is how korean media described it “a masterpiece makjang” makjang is the equivalent of soap. So yeah there is no disagreement there, the difference is you didn’t like it and others did, precisely for that reason. I liked it as a good example of what a “good soap” is, but for a person who doesn’t like soaps then that would be an oxymoron.

His makeup was pretty heavy during first eps of FTLY

SLS stands for second lead syndrome

Same here about Goblin and korean media’s obsession with Daegil 

• Like 3