31 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Agreed! It's hard telling the truth from reality in variety show. I read in YT comment CTH is someone that KJK and JH afraid of in DB (or maybe it's mean respect?), told by HKM in Knowing Bros. Don't know it's reliable or not coz I can't find the source. Also CTH is kinda like their leader with how they seat in an interview. I kinda agreed with them. CTH is funny guys but sometimes you can see his scary intimidate side of him. lol.

I’d be afraid of CTH myself! Not sure what are his friend’s reasons but mine would be he just likes to tease too much and while trying to be funny he can become impertinent. I like him but he gives me that vibe. 

I honestly don’t care too much about Jang Hyuk’s  personal life. I’m perfectly ok with not knowing a thing.  I only hope he is truly happy and he never gets in trouble. 

Now, on to important topics, his hair :P my vote is YES to this hair, while it is a mess, its something that can potentially he styled or tied in a bun. It also suits the character description. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I’d be afraid of CTH myself! Not sure what are his friend’s reasons but mine would be he just likes to tease too much and while trying to be funny he can become impertinent. I like him but he gives me that vibe. 

Hah, i kinda agreed with you about his joke. lol. coz I found this translated article in Indonesia. Just make google translate it to English.

3. Will Police Report?

Friendship Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong Kook and Hong Kyung Min have been around for 20 years. Besides them, actors Jang Hyuk and Hong Kyung In also joined the Year of the Dragon gang.

Of course what Cha Tae Hyun said was just a joke, KLovers. One more secret revealed by Hong Kyung Min is about the reason Cha Tae Hyun is still able to joke by saying that Kim Jong Kook already has a wife and child.

"To be honest, we can't joke like that about Kim Jong Kook because he doesn't like it. But only Cha Tae Hyun can do it. The reason is because Kim Joong Kook can't do anything with Cha Tae Hyun. Cha Tae Hyun will report it if he hits once. "Cha Tae Hyun," he said.

Wow, what nonsense. But hopefully Ahjussi's sense of oppa Kim Jong Kook can get married soon and have children. Yes, no?

https://www.kapanlagi.com/korea/sahabat-dekat-cha-tae-hyun-ungkap-rahasia-kim-jong-kook-punya-istri-dan-anak-2bfca0.html

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Nah, you can comment anything there about Hyuk. He's the lead after all. lol

I think CTH is more successful coz he has many box office movies. Me too kinda find him annoying at first but when you do know him especially when you dig his friendship with Hyuk and others I kind accepted and being quite fond with him. 

Yeah, I thought he might be bigger than JH... Oh, so you like him because he is JH's friends? Or did you see instances in which he was likable? I wonder about that because he does seem a bit nasty at times, but there were times in DC in which he seemed pleasant. There were the time when JH was working out, doing his funny ab workout lifting his legs, and CTH did laugh, but he tried to join JH too

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Hah, i kinda agreed with you about his joke. lol. coz I found this translated article in Indonesia. Just make google translate it to English.

3. Will Police Report?

Friendship Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong Kook and Hong Kyung Min have been around for 20 years. Besides them, actors Jang Hyuk and Hong Kyung In also joined the Year of the Dragon gang.

Of course what Cha Tae Hyun said was just a joke, KLovers. One more secret revealed by Hong Kyung Min is about the reason Cha Tae Hyun is still able to joke by saying that Kim Jong Kook already has a wife and child.

"To be honest, we can't joke like that about Kim Jong Kook because he doesn't like it. But only Cha Tae Hyun can do it. The reason is because Kim Joong Kook can't do anything with Cha Tae Hyun. Cha Tae Hyun will report it if he hits once. "Cha Tae Hyun," he said.

Wow, what nonsense. But hopefully Ahjussi's sense of oppa Kim Jong Kook can get married soon and have children. Yes, no?

https://www.kapanlagi.com/korea/sahabat-dekat-cha-tae-hyun-ungkap-rahasia-kim-jong-kook-punya-istri-dan-anak-2bfca0.html

I think I saw he said that is Knowing brothers, right? But I think he's joking, right?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

34 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Ok for anyone not liking that curly hair, look at this and maybe you will change your mind haha

Oh actually the dressing is similar!

Now I have the imagination that he just came from TMWYS set before MC press con. lol. He just told his stylist to straighten the hair back for not to spoiled the drama. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

He looks like someone who can be very mischievious but can also be very serious. I am neutral towards CTH and HKM. I like JH and HKI. I find KJK noisy :sweatingbullets:

26 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I think CTH is more successful coz he has many box office movies. him. 

I'm not CTH fan so IDK about him except in DB. But I think, my observation, out of the 5 of them, CTH JH KJK are more successful? I heard HKI and HKM used to be very popular? But I'm not sure.

12 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

ok...definitely curly is better...

I think so too! The straight one is ......no words to describe. The actor on the other side (extreme right of JH) seemed like a good friend of JH? He was the emperor in SOGC and he also acted in WOL. Seems like JH has some say as to who he wants to co act with him? I think he does have a stake in Sidus. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yeah, I thought he might be bigger than JH... Oh, so you like him because he is JH's friends? Or did you see instances in which he was likable? I wonder about that because he does seem a bit nasty at times, but there were times in DC in which he seemed pleasant. There were the time when JH was working out, doing his funny ab workout lifting his legs, and CTH did laugh, but he tried to join JH too

I can't remember exactly that make me dislike him in first place. But, when I watch him in many variety show I kinda laugh with his antics and accepted him. And yes him being JH friend is an added bonus. Someones that have 10 million viewers over 1 film definitely have a charm that make ppl attracted to him. 

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think I saw he said that is Knowing brothers, right? But I think he's joking, right?

Lol, I think his joking too. You know when you being friend with someone for 20 years you just accepted them for what they are. You already knew them inside out when to take them seriously.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I can't remember exactly that make me dislike him in first place. But, when I watch him in many variety show I kinda laugh with his antics and accepted him. And yes him being JH friend is an added bonus. Someones that have 10 million viewers over 1 film definitely have a charm that make ppl attracted to him. 

Lol, I think his joking too. You know when you being friend with someone for 20 years you just accepted them for what they are. You already knew them inside out when to take them seriously.

I'm asking because I wondered about their friendship, especially since JH was teased so much in DC.

I don't know if you guys have seen this KBS award show from 2015- JH was nominated here for The Merchant: Gaekju 2015 (hate JH's hair in this award show, BTW :).  During the presentation of the award for the best couple, I felt CTH reactions were kinda strange. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive to JH, but when both JH and CTH are on stage, you can clearly see JH is looking at CTH, trying to draw his attention, while CTH is very clearly ignoring him. Obviously it might be just a random moment, and just a coincidence, I don't know. I just thought it odd... That kinda made me dislike CTH, so I guess I'm looking for reasons to think that I'm wrong... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Ok for anyone not liking that curly hair, look at this and maybe you will change your mind haha

EKbpjbLUUAAk0RA?format=jpg&name=medium

Oh actually the dressing is similar!

ELGG-s6U8AAAp2w?format=jpg&name=small

I dunno haha I felt his straight hair was silkier. The hair in the script reading looks wet. Hahahaha. Maybe that’s why look like ahjumma. But I still love him, and I know whatever look he adopts is because he is super serious about blending into the role and making the role realistic. Based on his interviews, he can’t stand if the character looks or acts different from the personality and characterisation that has been built, so I’m 100% sure JH himself approved of this hairstyle. He probably even decided he wanted this style lol. 

And one thing’s for sure, with this look, he can’t possibly act very normal or common, he must be some sorts of eccentric, and that is going to be exciting to watch!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Oh wow! Maybe she can introduce you a millionaire too! Heeheehee! :D

But most of younger guys don't have that much money.:( Should I marry a grandpa? or Should I introduce auntie to Dramafan? :lol:

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

I think we still carrying MC syndrome which we don't want to be over commented in the thread that have others being a lead. lol. 

Sooyoung is member of most popular GG ever so we should be mentally prepared to meet some 'crazies' in the drama thread. :w00t:

Though thankfully she is not among most popular members of the group but still she must have all type of fans.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm asking because I wondered about their friendship, especially since JH was teased so much in DC.

I don't know if you guys have seen this KBS award show from 2015- JH was nominated here for The Merchant: Gaekju 2015 (hate JH's hair in this award show, BTW :).  During the presentation of the award for the best couple, I felt CTH reactions were kinda strange. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive to JH, but when both JH and CTH are on stage, you can clearly see JH is looking at CTH, trying to draw his attention, while CTH is very clearly ignoring him. Obviously it might be just a random moment, and just a coincidence, I don't know. I just thought it odd... That kinda made me dislike CTH, so I guess I'm looking for reasons to think that I'm wrong... 

I think it is just the coincidence. It's also the same when JH turned to greet SJS even though SMA was next to him haha!

but I saw his face turned to greet her and smile at her (too bad the camera didn't film this moment I noticed based from his face angle)

You may have to watch this video to feel better. 

https://youtu.be/pQ0FsfgwllU

CTH also hugged JH before JH walked on to the stage for 'best actor' award.  (the video you posted they cut out this part) He seemed genuinely happy for JH.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nyk said:

I think it is just the coincidence. It's also the same when JH turned to greet SJS even though SMA was next to him haha!

but I saw his face turned to greet her and smile at her (too bad the camera didn't film this moment I noticed based from his face angle)

You may have to watch this video to feel better. 

https://youtu.be/pQ0FsfgwllU

CTH also hugged JH before JH walked on to the stage for 'best actor' award.  (the video you posted they cut out this part) He seemed genuinely happy for JH.

Oh, thanks! I didn't see this clip! it was cut from the video I saw... That was a sweet hug :) OK, I forgive him :D

On another note- I liked how the presenter said before he announced JH's name "I really like this guy". He also is JH's friend, right?

Also- can anyone explain to me how Gaekju won so many awards when most of you dislike that show so much?!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

About CTH, as an actor he is actually very likable. I saw him in a movie where he played a young dad and was very charismatic. Also in Into the Sunlight had a nice bromance with Jang Hyuk. As Jang Hyuk’s friend, I think their bond is genuine. But I’ve always felt the Dragon Brothers treat Hyukie as the maknae, the younger (if only by a few months) dorky, weird friend, but while they tease him a LOT, they also say really sweet things about him when they get serious. Jang Hyuk is indeed awkward and adorkable so I guess that’s why he fits that “role” in the group dynamic. But you can tell they love him very much. All his friends always talk about how good of a guy he is and he is so loyal. Kim Sooro is another one who teases him so much but also praises him a lot as a friend. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, thanks! I didn't see this clip! it was cut from the video I saw... That was a sweet hug :) OK, I forgive him :D

On another note- I liked how the presenter said before he announced JH's name "I really like this guy". He also is JH's friend, right?

Also- can anyone explain to me how Gaekju won so many awards when most of you dislike that show so much?!

Gaekju had good ratings, and that year KBS didn’t have a lot of successful dramas, I think

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

I read in YT comment CTH is someone that KJK and JH afraid of in DB (or maybe it's mean respect?), told by HKM in Knowing Bros. Don't know it's reliable or not coz I can't find the source. Also CTH is kinda like their leader with how they seat in an interview. I kinda agreed with them. CTH is funny guys but sometimes you can see his scary intimidate side of him. lol.

I don't trust much what the DC members say about each-other on the variety shows(except HKI and sometimes JH).:P

CTH is definitely 'leader' of the group and it's alright because he is smartest in the group.lols  I remember in one episode of 2D1N all of members visited their respective high-schools and CTH claimed no teacher liked him and he was very unpopular but after reading his report cards it turned out teachers highly appreciated his leadership qualities. 

CTH seems to be boisterous or chatty on variety shows but in reality he is a quiet guy.

I  remember once KJK said that during their past meetings JH and CTH did not talk at all . They became talkative after getting married. Once CTH's father joked that he would pay money to him to have conversation with him because he talks only for earning money.:w00t:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

He looked so serious, not even a smile. But yes, when not filming, he usually keeps a distance between him and another woman. This is what I really like about him ok. I dislike men who hugs every women - over friendly type? And I think this man in real life also finds it difficult to strike a conversation with a woman. Remember in DB when he was washing those pots and pans, and ZX was there helping, there was awkward silence than he started to ask where she got those steamboat ingredients from. :joy:

Haha yea I remember his like two questions or so and that was whole conversation.  I think another reason is there is also big age gap.  I think he's friendly to all, but like in MC he say awkward sometime didn't he... Of course he is respectful of his wife because he's not in acting role so he does have more control of situation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think their friendship is genuine. They really care for each other like brothers. They knew each each and got together when all were in their 20s and starting out. However, 20 years have passed. Each have their own work, different responsibilities and commitment, they hardly meet up over the period of 20 years due to work schedule and also maybe not staying nearby each other. But theirs is like the bond that cannot be broken. Infact it's only a true friendship that we show our true colour, we are nasty (sometimes) to our closest friend not intentional but because of the closeness, we're comfortable to do and say what we want to without having to "mind our manners". But for us viewers, we may take it negatively and think that CTH is nasty. But that could be what they've always been BTS. JH has always maintained a very good positive image to viewers on screen so much so that we naturally think that that is his real personality. But when the camera stopped rolling, he could be as mischievious as CTH but we won't know and won't get to see. Afterall he did say that there are things you can do and say infront of the camera, there are things you can't do and say infront of the camera.

Ya I also noticed that CTH didn't look the direction of JH and JH was trying to get CTH attention at the award ceremony. At first I also felt it's strange but on 2nd thought, when you've been bros with each other for so long, let's dispense with formality. But they did hug when JH was accorded the best actor award. 

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ya, I kinda like the senior who presented JH the award. He addressed JH as "a hoobae that he likes". Such comforting words from a sunbae.

Hey, to each his own ya. There are still people who likes Gaekju. That's why I say all of JH dramas and movies are well liked. Different fans like different genre. But for me, I didn't find him and the lead girl have chemistry. And they won best couple. Lol. But that's only me. I like how JH answered questions. Host asked him (if in real life) to choose between the 2 women. He answered that perfectly.

8 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't trust much what the DC members say about each-other on the variety shows(except HKI and sometimes JH).

Yes I like HKI too. No doubt they're all the same age, but HKI gives me the impression that he's very mature, very down to earth and doesn't cross the boundary with friendship. Just like JH??

Any one noticed (or is it just me being sensitive), that in DB when they were talking at the rooftop, JH started talking about when his #1 was born and how he cried upon seeing his newborn....I thought I saw KJK and CTH getting bored. Lol. Not that they dislike his conversation but didn't they say that he talks very slow and having been friends for 20 years, they must be thinking "not again this slow train".......:joy:

6 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha yea I remember his like two questions or so and that was whole conversation.  I think another reason is there is also big age gap.  I think he's friendly to all, but like in MC he say awkward sometime didn't he... Of course he is respectful of his wife because he's not in acting role so he does have more control of situation.

Age isn't a factor. It's the personality. CTH KJK could talk to ZX with no barrier. Even HKI talked to ZX with no barrier. There are just some people who are tongue tight when they're in the company of a stranger. I think he is a slow warmer. He needs time to get to warm up to people. There are people like that in our circle of friends too and is often misunderstood as being unfriendly and unapproachable. But once they're warmed up, they're actually very nice people.

Yes, I really like this aspect of JH. Treating people with mannerism and he is unassuming. I feel that he's a very learned man who plans ahead. He doesn't live day by day so to speak. Remember LDH said JH asked her what's her 10 years plan when they had just finished a kissing scene, is it? Something to that extent...if I'm the actress, I would still be thinking of the kiss but he had already moved on to a 10 years plan...he had come out of the kiss...hahaha! What a put off! :rolleyes:  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Does anyone find it interesting that the script reading photo, they were in their character clothings and not casual? Or maybe that actually wasn’t script reading but they were taking promo shots and they just decided to hold the script for promo. 

Yes I thought of that too, typical script reading sessions were held wearing casual clothes. Actually the script reading was held earlier on 26 October. I think this one is more for poster taking or something.

http://creahub.net/?p=1324

• Like 3