2 hours ago, nyk said:

notice that there is a red spot in his left eye. Did he wear contact lens or get injured?  but I didn't notice it in other scene. :tears:

Wow! You're so o observant. I won't be surprised if he got injured. It looks different from his eye freckle.

20191020-161716.jpg

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I notice that JH sweat a lot especially in the hunting scene and the last scene when he's about to kill Hwi.

I love it because it looks natural. I love his make-up. It seems like he didn't have make-up on at all. Or maybe very light makeup because I can clearly see his bare skin. so manly!! 

I love his look in the hunting scene too!

IMG-20191020-093251-956.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nyk said:

thing that shows that he had stood there for 4 hours is his sweating on his face and neck.  haha

I notice that JH sweat a lot especially in the hunting scene and the last scene when he's about to kill Hwi.

I love it because it looks natural. I love his make-up. It seems like he didn't have make-up on at all. Or maybe very light makeup because I can clearly see his bare skin. so manly!! 

Yes! I noticed all the sweat drops on his face throughout most of the scenes. Hahaha filming in summer is usually very hot for the actors, but I think yes he probably had very little makeup. His skin does look less “photoshop-polished” here and more like his natural skin. Still good though for his age!! 

Aside from that, Did you guys notice something? We talked about the cut on his left eyebrow previously. Now I’m thinking maybe he really sustained a cut? Because there was no scene that showed he got injured specifically there? I mean he was all bloody in episode 4 but then it would be weird that only that scar remained. Unless once again, they didn’t show :rolleyes:. However I must say that the eyebrow “scar” makes him look all the more a cooler, ruthless and handsome prince. :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Reel Life said:

Did you guys notice something? We talked about the cut on his left eyebrow previously. Now I’m thinking maybe he really sustained a cut? Because there was no scene that showed he got injured specifically there? I mean he was all bloody in episode 4 but then it would be weird that only that scar remained. Unless once again, they didn’t show :rolleyes:. However I must say that the eyebrow “scar” makes him look all the more a cooler, ruthless and handsome prince. :D

Yes.. I noticed that too! But I guess we will.only know during an interview if he were to share about it.

Love his smile here..so funny!

20191020-162837.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

We talked about the cut on his left eyebrow previously. Now I’m thinking maybe he really sustained a cut? Because there was no scene that showed he got injured specifically there? I mean he was all bloody in episode 4 but then it would be weird that only that scar remained. Unless once again, they didn’t show :rolleyes:. However I must say that the eyebrow “scar” makes him look all the more a cooler, ruthless and handsome prince. :D

Love the pic of Daegil and YBW side by side. The years of acting and fatherhood had taken its toil on him. Look at his eye bag but he still definitely is very handsome especially as he aged.

Me too. I think the scar is a real scar :bawling: So we have to wait a week to rant about the TELL no SHOW drama??? 

12 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

U guys are so observant, from his sweat to his eyes to his scar to his muscles hahaha 

What else have we not noticed? From hair to eyes, to sweat to scar, to veins to stubble, to arm to sleeve, to elbow to chest muscle, even his toes! Tell you what I like apart from his rolled up sleeve, I like his moles. :D @azureblue7the pic you posted, can see a drop of sweat coming down his face. Lol. 

Will anyone strangle me if I said I want some "liking" between YBW and the girl? I'm wishing the girl will work for YBW. And in the process, also find out that he has the human side to him, not just the ruthless side. I don't mean romance but just like each other. Now she is like totally not liking him and even wanting to kill him (as she said to him) and we do not know why???

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Wow! You're so o observant. I won't be surprised if he got injured. It looks different from his eye freckle.

Oh, yeah! You are right. I didn't that other picture... It looks like indeed he was injured. You think it's related to the red mark on his eye brow?

I noticed something in the links provided by Prettysup showing the demographics of the show- The audience is mostly female and relatively older- mostly in their 30s and 40s. This fact in addition to the jump in the ratings since JH's part became more significant in the show are not difficult to interpret... This shows the advantage of live filming- if the show runners were smart, seeing these numbers JH's part probably would have gotten even bigger... but this was mostly pre-taped, so I wonder if the remaining episodes filmed now will be affected by this...

‘My Country’ ep 6 top Knetz comments (google translated):
https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000190330
https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=468&aid=0000578907

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

yes! :o  but no worry. his eyes look normal in the recent pic at his friend's wedding. so If he really got injured it must recover already.  

Oh one more thing I have noticed is that he has a wound on his index finger. must due to boxing since he always has wound like this. JH is so energetic. Imaging boxing until your fingers get wounds.  :sweatingbullets:

E06-1080p-WEB-DL-x264-AAC-Deresisi-mp4-0

The scene when LBW fanning his daughter while asleep is so sweet and gentle. 

Since it shows he loves his children so he must love his wife too? I have no knowledge about history though.

So if he loves his family I think there would be no romance story for LBW in this. 

How I wish he plays a powerful and smart character like this in the drama which he is the main lead.:unsure:

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Love his smile here..so funny!

hahaha  "how dare you!!!!!!"  reminds me of SOGC.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, nyk said:

The scene when LBW fanning his daughter while asleep is so sweet and gentle. 

Since it shows he loves his children so he must love his wife too? I have no knowledge about history though.

So if he loves his family I think there would be no romance for LBW in this. 

How I wish he plays a powerful and smart character like this in the drama which he is the main lead.:unsure:

In that era, where kings/emperors/prince can have many women, not necessarily it is love to all the women. Or maybe it is love only at that moment. It's more for procreation purposes. But even if he does love his wife, it is alright to have more than 1 wife as it is acceptable at that era. Yes what a pity his is a supporting role. Wish he has all the screen time. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nyk said:

yes! :o  but no worry. his eyes look normal in the recent pic at his friend's wedding. so If he really got injured it must recover already.

So if he loves his family I think there would be no romance story for LBW in this. 

It can't be injury. Such bloodshot eye would need immidiate medical intervention. He continued shooting which means it was not a serious condition.

I've heard LBW loved his kids(maybe wives too) but still he won't mind having more women.

Remember we are in 15th century ! :grimace:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I'm watching ep 6, and the characters in the show continue to explain nothing. we have no idea who was the child YBW was with, nor do we see any women in the compound-  Didn't they hire a woman to play his wife?  All they had to do was flash text on screen telling us where we are, and for YBW to make a short comment about the child. Instead we get nothing.

This episode stressed even more the strange omission of the scenes showing YBW protecting his step mother on the road. Twice it was mentioned in the episode as though it was very important as it proved YBW loyalty, but for some reason we didn't get to even see it?! Also, they tell us that the girl almost killed YBW, yet we have no idea why! 

so that the show omits, but, on the other hand, the show does have time to give us almost 30 minutes of nothing in the middle of the episode- we see mainly high jinks with Hwi's band of idiots, an unlikely fight scene- Hwi fending off a group of thirty men with a bow and arrow (!) and, of course, the whole love triangle... all, to me, were boring to the extreme . Maybe my problem is that I really don't care about any of the leads- Hwi is whiny and bland, the girl is arrogant and not very nice, and Nam Seon acts like a spoiled brat that has tantrums... 

It feels like JH is in a completely different show... I think I'll just return to watching only "JH's show"...:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Is the korean community & media also praising JH for his portrayal as YBW. If yes, this is such good news. I hope he gets lots of recognition for his work as Yi Bang Won. (But if I can just have a word with this ahjusshi, I would like to tell him that, 2 supporting roles in a span of 1 year is one too many. 2018 WOL, 2019 MC. It's time to go back to lead role). 

Apart from the "visual effect" department doing a bad job (not doing a good job letting the audience know that YBW had stood for 4 hrs), the "timing" department is also doing a bad job here. How many years have past since the war or the escape and little brother is still little brother. Shouldn't they change to an older child by now?   

Like that pic when he is all sweaty. Even with sweat on his face and neck, he still looks good. Do you notice the scene when YBW captured Hwi back to his residence, at certain angle, he looks like YBW in Empire of Lust. Esp the way YBW sits on the chair while waiting for Hwi to wake up. Loving this Yi Bang Won so much! 

• Like 4