28 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I love this style 

It's gorgeous! Makes me wonder- is he trying to seduce someone here?!Or work his charms? Cause in one of the other pictures we see the girl in a setting that looks similar... I really hope his character will not try to go for her romantically. From her reactions, it seems like she really doesn't like the step mother, so maybe she will join his cause just because she rather have him as a king.

49 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha but I prefer a slightly untidy YBW. But ok, he is a prince so he needs to be neat when not in battle.   

I think we won't see that style too often- mainly cause it will require the addition of a wig, and JH spoke about how much he dislikes fake anything- beard, hair and acting :) Notice- when his hair is up and tidy- it's only his natural hair

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I love this style 

This looks like the hair style when he said the moonlight thing :yum:look at his eyes, anyone can resist? I like this style too. Not too neat, some hair dropping at the left. 

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's gorgeous! Makes me wonder- is he trying to seduce someone here?!Or work his charms? Cause in one of the other pictures we see the girl in a setting that looks similar... I really hope his character will not try to go for her romantically. From her reactions, it seems like she really doesn't like the step mother, so maybe she will join his cause just because she rather have him as a king.

I also have this feeling that she will support YBW instead of the stepmother. Instead of telling stepmother his "next move" she will him YBW stepmother "next move"....I think maybe not romantically link. At least not mutual. Maybe 1 sided but on whose side. 

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think we won't see that style too often- mainly cause it will require the addition of a wig, and JH spoke about how much he dislikes fake anything- beard, hair and acting :) Notice- when his hair is up and tidy- it's only his natural hair

Guess we will see it again when he is fighting for the throne. Which is when? But this show seems to unfold the events pretty fast. The team does not go into "details" as compared to other k sageuk drama. 

Oh, look at his hands vein when he is pulling the bow & arrow. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I love this style 

IMG-20191019-142400-784.jpg

Me too! :wub: half tied and half loose hair. Haha. I wonder what scene this is. Hopefully it’s not one of him and the female lead and something going on between them... :huh:

And I agree with all of you. The time skips in this show is crazy. Like they don’t even show what happened, and suddenly:

1. The battle is won

2. The father became king 

3. Animosity grew between YSG and YBW. 

All we have is real history to keep us in the know. Else any layman who didn’t know abt the history would be perplexed. They were just running on assumptions, this screenwriter!! :crazy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Makes me wonder- is he trying to seduce someone here?!Or work his charms? Cause in one of the other pictures we see the girl in a setting that looks similar... I really hope his character will not try to go for her romantically. From her reactions, it seems like she really doesn't like the step mother, so maybe she will join his cause just because she rather have him as a king.

@budgerie @The Reel Life I wonder too since he is passing the other person  his sword.. and it is most probably related to the scene below.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

Maybe next time he can act as YBW father :D

I was thinking the opposite. Rem the king who invented the Korean alphabet in Tree with Deep Roots? He was actually YBW’s son, and a very well liked and renowned king in history. I wonder how will JH portray him if given the chance ? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

And I agree with all of you. The time skips in this show is crazy. Like they don’t even show what happened, and suddenly:

1. The battle is won

2. The father became king 

3. Animosity grew between YSG and YBW. 

All we have is real history to keep us in the know. Else any layman who didn’t know abt the history would be perplexed. They were just running on assumptions, this screenwriter!! :crazy:

Maybe they assumed all Korean viewers are well versed in history already and didn’t want to spend time playing out something everyone already knew? Well they forgot us international viewers haha 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

16 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I was thinking the opposite. Rem the king who invented the Korean alphabet in Tree with Deep Roots? He was actually YBW’s son, and a very well liked and renowned king in history. I wonder how will JH portray him if given the chance ? 

Oh yes! It will interesting to watch him portray King Sejong..Someone commented that YBW 's greatest contribution is King Sejong , his son.

50 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh, look at his hands vein when he is pulling the bow & arrow.

Here's a closer look for your viewing pleasure.. haha

20191019-162234.jpg

Looks like a coaching session with Jang Hyuk..:wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Maybe they assumed all Korean viewers are well versed in history already and didn’t want to spend time playing out something everyone already knew? Well they forgot us international viewers haha 

That’s possible. Haha. 

By the way I was reading the article about tonight’s episode on Naver and the comments were talking about how the writer should not kill LBW, and that history cannot be rewritten, that if he dies then It will be factually inaccurate. 

Was worried for a moment if they will kill off his character? I’m sure they won’t right!! I hope we get to see him ascend the throne. Now it seems everyone is out to get him, including Hwi who has been tasked to kill him (we don’t know yet if Hwi will change sides but for now his allegiance is to Nam Jeon because of his sister). I just hope LBW won’t have to go through lots of hardship, can’t bear to see Hyukie go through oppression without seeing him victorious :(:tears: maybe that’s why seeing him as Pil Joo in Money Flower was so fulfilling. He was constantly one step ahead and almost always had a comeback. The setbacks were always temporal. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Was worried for a moment if they will kill off his character? I’m sure they won’t right!! I hope we get to see him ascend the throne. Now it seems everyone is out to get him, including Hwi who has been tasked to kill him (we don’t know yet if Hwi will change sides but for now his allegiance is to Nam Jeon because of his sister). I just hope LBW won’t have to go through lots of hardship, can’t bear to see Hyukie go through oppression without seeing him victorious :(:tears: maybe that’s why seeing him as Pil Joo in Money Flower was so fulfilling. He was constantly one step ahead and almost always had a comeback. The setbacks were always temporal. 

well, YBW history is quite know, right? I hope the writters will not try to change history... With that in mind, we know he wins at the end, so that should comfort us (maybe not his enemies :) ) . We are constantly being told that he is cunning, so I do hope that they will finally start to show it to us, Money Flower style, as you said. What I hope will not happen is that they will give the credit to his victory to Hwi since he is the lead. I'm slightly worried that this will be the case considering what YBW said in the opening of the show in ep 1- "We can only win this fight with Hwi". This has me concerned...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

That’s possible. Haha. 

By the way I was reading the article about tonight’s episode on Naver and the comments were talking about how the writer should not kill LBW, and that history cannot be rewritten, that if he dies then It will be factually inaccurate. 

Nah of coz this drama will not attempt to rewrite history and kill LBW off prematurely. If they wanted this character to die early then it’ll be easier to create a fictitious character.

And as far as I know, JH is still currently filming this drama, so no way will he die in ep 6 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

well, YBW history is quite know, right? I hope the writters will not try to change history... With that in mind, we know he wins at the end, so that should comfort us (maybe not his enemies :) ) . We are constantly being told that he is cunning, so I do hope that they will finally start to show it to us, Money Flower style, as you said. What I hope will not happen is that they will give the credit to his victory to Hwi since he is the lead. I'm slightly worried that this will be the case considering what YBW said in the opening of the show in ep 1- "We can only win this fight with Hwi". This has me concerned...

Dont bank ur hopes too high, YBW here is not the lead as KPJ is in Money Flower. They won’t bother to give his character as much depth as the latter and of coz the credit gonna go to the lead hero haha 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Dont bank ur hopes too high, YBW here is not the lead as KPJ is in Money Flower. They won’t bother to give his character as much depth as the latter and of coz the credit gonna go to the lead hero haha 

You're probably right, but from what I read Hwi is not a very impressive or heroic character as of yet. I can't say anything about him myself cause the only full episode that I've seen was ep 5, and even there he wasn't too impressive. He seems to allow himself to be manipulated all the time. He definitely is a good guy, but also heartbreaking- in almost all the pictures I've seen him he seems to have tears in his eyes and he seems to be constantly in pain, almost like a tragic hero. One comment  I read on the Soompi forum even said he needs to stop being weak and be used by others. 

Maybe it will be YBW that will teach him not only how to use a bow, but also how to be more cunning...

I think I will hold on to my hope that JH's role will be significant :) And I will explain why- for one, JH's role is already much more significant than the role in WOL, as some here have already said. I'm quite sure he took this role again because he wanted to portray YBW the way he envisions him, or else he wouldn't have taken the role. He very clearly has a measure of control over his character (for sure over his hair :) ),  so I can't imagine he would allow the writers to degrade YBW too much. I can't be sure- but I'm hopeful...:grin:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha what makes you say this ?? I mean the hair part.

Two things- The fact that he spoke so much about his hair in the fan meeting in Japan, something that I think baffled most people listening, since it was such an odd subject. But then we see YBW and I noticed that most of the time he doesn't have the same wigs that most of the other characters have. Most of the time it's clearly only his natural hair in a tight bun. It's only when his hair is down that we see a wig. I haven't seen that many historical shows besides those of JH :) but I'm pretty sure that's unusual... So it wasn't very hard to make the connection.

I saw an interview with JH in which he said that usually before he starts a show, he sits with the director and they discuss JH's "demands". In Chuno- one of those demands was control over his fight scenes, and here, I'm guessing, one of them was  avoiding as much as possible the use wigs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

He has a unique way of understanding characters. He goes very deep into it. Ya I don't mind if he takes up a role playing YBW son.

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Here's a closer look for your viewing pleasure

@azureblue7Thank you so much! We're admiring every part of his body. :DThat pic, the one that looked like he gave a sword to someone - the side view one his eyes looks very seductive. The front view one his eyes look kind of sad. Wonder if it is the same scene.

5 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I don't think the writer is daring enough to rewrite history. If they kill YBW now, you bet nobody is going to watch the drama because it didn't follow history. Or the audience will get angry. I am still waiting for ep 6 with english sub.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow his scenes tonight were powerful! Especially the last scene. :wub:

Best episode for JH so far. Very powerful scenes. I like the younger actors just fine but man, the intensity goes up in the scenes with JH. Plus, the man really knows how to work a fan. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, qynn said:

Best episode for JH so far. Very powerful scenes. I like the younger actors just fine but man, the intensity goes up in the scenes with JH. Plus, the man really knows how to work a fan. 

Did it seem like the show is moving more and more towards a personal connection between YBW and the girl? 

• Like 1