55 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

@Biology Lesson Good to learn that he said this. I am always supportive of him being a married man and I am glad that he feels the most manly at home!

@budgerie@dramafan33@phoenix24 I agree with all your comments that we really do not know how he is at home. Please don't get me wrong. I am merely saying if he is really different as a person from the ones we see on-screen, I merely think that his wife's perspective of him could be different from the JH we know. We are all a little different at home and may show a different side when we are at work. No doubt his wife loves him and they have been going strong all these years. Did I even mention anything about their marriage? All I meant is that we see him as a great actor, but to his family, he is their son, husband and father. Hence, it is a dire wish that we can hear from their perspectives of this great man that we admire. It will be funny to know that they may not see him as how we all see him. I remember one Hong Kong idol said when he is home with his siblings, he is the one doing all the work at home to serve everyone as he is the youngest. Family will always see our idols as just the person they know at home.

I don't think that anyone here argues with what you're saying, except the need to hear about his private life. I think we all see JH in a very realistic light. As we are fans of his work, we do think that he is a brilliant actor, and we have seen evidence to say that he is unique in his work methods. Also, everything we have seen of him shows that he is generally a good guy. This and other small things that we have seen we can say, but there we stop. I think from the responses you got, none of us presumes to say who he really is in his private life, or to assume anything about his marriage beyond what he shared. I personally really don't like to discuss him as a husband or as a dad as it's clear this is something he wants to keep private, and I respect him for that, as most people here do.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, corey said:

Finished ep. 1 of Voice. Am I normal when I could not help laughing during the scene when MJH beats the guy who taunts him at the police station? I think I laughed because it was such a cliche scene. And the fellow policemen hurrying to cover the CCTVs.

I say, the setup is good. But @Biology Lesson,  you are saying there is no character development? No healing? No getting close with the FL (yes, yes, I know there will be no getting close to the FL because it is an OCN drama).

The entire show was frustrating to me because his character would fly off the handle and no one would curb him. He should have been thrown off the police force for the things he did. I don't remember laughing when I saw it, I think I rolled my eyes.

If you want to watch the show I won't ruin it too much, but, yes, his character shows no character growth and the relationship with the FL is very professional and nothing beyond. I don't think they had too many moments of a heart to heart. So you will see that he starts out as a very hot headed guy, and then he simply calms down and does his job. And that's it. What frustrated me even further was the amount of mistakes and slow reactions he and the FL had in order to allow for the main arc to be stretched to the end. That really annoyed me. 

3 hours ago, corey said:

I wonder then if JH decided to do the show after reading just the first episode script. It definitely has a promise of an engaging drama with much room for character development. 

That's really possible. Also, remember he didn't want to do Voice 2...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

@budgerie@dramafan33@phoenix24\ I agree with all your comments that we really do not know how he is at home. Please don't get me wrong. I am merely saying if he is really different as a person from the ones we see on-screen, I merely think that his wife's perspective of him could be different from the JH we know. We are all a little different at home and may show a different side when we are at work. No doubt his wife loves him and they have been going strong all these years. Did I even mention anything about their marriage? All I meant is that we see him as a great actor, but to his family, he is their son, husband and father. Hence, it is a dire wish that we can hear from their perspectives of this great man that we admire. It will be funny to know that they may not see him as how we all see him. I remember one Hong Kong idol said when he is home with his siblings, he is the one doing all the work at home to serve everyone as he is the youngest. Family will always see our idols as just the person they know at home.

Yea, weren't assuming you're saying one thing or other.  More like agreeing with you that yea they probably do see a different side or more of him because he has a different role or they have a different relationship.  His fans might also see some side that his wife or family don't see too.  I've seen some wives that don't want to know anything relating to husband and girl fans.  Also, star can be sincere, but then some stuff are pack on extra as "fan service" like the cutesy stuff where it's enhance.  It's nice little treat when he does drop some more detail about himself, but I think sometime it can also be a pandora's box as well or not as great/glamorous as some might imagine.  Some don't do much outside of work or have pretty boring lives not to say necessarily anything is wrong with their relationships.

• Like 5

Usually, I don't like mix productions so much, but kind of want to see New Sea to see JH in happy/sweet romance.  Wonder what's taking so long if they film in 2016.

70700662_1413686835473641_87814730780864

70578064_1413686828806975_47904960854643

On the other hand should I be weary of hospital scene.  He doesn't look too ill, but hopefully no sad endings.

70956922_1413687715473553_42481816631938

• Like 5

Two things I realize

1.  Further proof JH has weakness for squeezable cheeks at 3:01

2.  JH finally cook something other than hot dogs and it was receive well.  Proud of him.

Now I just need to watch it in sub Ep 121-122

• Like 5

Hence, it is a dire wish that we can hear from their perspectives of this great man that we admire.

I can safely say that this wish of yours will never be fulfilled. Lol. But is good to have a wish & see when Santa will fulfill it :DHowever, not only does actors need to separate real & reel, we fans also need to separate real & reel. The JH we see/know is reel. His responsibility to his fans is his work. His private life is solely for his family & that's real. I'm sure his family definitely sees him differently from how we will see him. Their relationship is real/deep/intimate compared to our relationship with him which is only onscreen.

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Usually, I don't like mix productions so much, but kind of want to see New Sea to see JH in happy/sweet romance.  Wonder what's taking so long if they film in 2016.

Could it be copyright issues? Or some legal issues? Country issues? Me too, waiting for this drama. He does look a little like Pil Joo here. I read in chinese website it said 2022. But I doubt it ya. It was supposed to be broadcasted in 2017. There are 24 episodes in total.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Could it be copyright issues? Or some legal issues? Country issues? Me too, waiting for this drama. He does look a little like Pil Joo here. I read in chinese website it said 2022. But I doubt it ya. It was supposed to be broadcasted in 2017. 35 episodes in total. (Maybe I can read the episodes like a storybook instead). :unsure:

Oh no 2022 is way too long, but I guess still better than some production that never came to light so at least still hope.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh no 2022 is way too long, but I guess still better than some production that never came to light so at least still hope.

Don't be too hopeful because Chinese websites update release date of this drama every year. 

• Sad 3

original.jpg

@azureblue7  Others agree with you ;).  Hihi I wonder how he would react when you squeeze his cheeks.  Do you like it when others do it to you?  I know some people who are very against it.  Usually, when others touch him he's polite either way, but wonder what he wanted to say at those moments.

Just to reminisce...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

26 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

@azureblue7  Others agree with you ;).  Hihi I wonder how he would react when you squeeze his cheeks.  Do you like it when others do it to you?  I know some people who are very against it.  Usually, when others touch him he's polite either way, but wonder what he wanted to say at those moments.

Just to reminisce.

Well, JH is known to be cuter than any baby, kitty or puppy! :) someone already went for his cheek, like he caressed that baby's cheek- in Urban cops! :) And I think JH's reaction was similar to that baby's...:D

Can't seem to find that clip...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, JH is known to be cuter than any baby, kitty or puppy! :) someone already went for his cheek, like he caressed that baby's cheek- in Urban cops! :) And I think JH's reaction was similar to that baby's...:D

Can't seem to find that clip...

Hihi yea he's cute in other things, but especially in Urban Cops it is cuteness overload!  Caressed also nicer than pinch especially the way he did it to girl in car.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hihi yea he's cute in other things, but especially in Urban Cops it is cuteness overload!  Caressed also nicer than pinch especially the way he did it to girl in car.

I knew you'd find it! :) It always amazes how men tend to touch JH. It's so cute, since he is such a reserved man!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha! Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2