1 hour ago, corey said:

Still long hari!!!! Oooh I am sooo happy. It means that he is keeping the hair - if he had  hated his long hair he would have cut it a long time ago. So, keeping his locks for the next role???? :wub:

I am guessing he is doing a saguek for his next role, becoz no way will he do 2 consecutive modern dramas with long hair.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I am guessing he is doing a saguek for his next role, becoz no way will he do 2 consecutive modern dramas with long hair.

My inkling too, but who knows he will surprise us! Do u guys think he’s keeping it “just in case” or he already knows what he will do next and they are just waiting to announce? 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I think he will not keep long hair if he doesn't need it for his next work.:phew:

I love him in historical dramas so I won't mind if he has accepted yet another. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Voices are dubbed. C actors aren't handsome but they focus on acting instead.

He said in (I cannot remember which country) the filming is done according to location. In another country (I cannot remember which country), the filming is done according to time of the day. Something like this.... 

I don't like dubbed voices in C dramas and actors often don't dub for themselves. C dramas have more natural acting but I don't think their actors are more skilled than K actors. 

On the other hand I don't think C actors are less handsome/pretty. I adore their natural faces. Like I think most of actors in NIF were pleasant looking. I think their charm has less to do with the looks and more with the way they carry themselves. I think younger generation of C actors are also quiet 'plastic' looking though.

Will New Sea ever air?:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't like dubbed voices in C dramas and actors often don't dub for themselves. C dramas have more natural acting but I don't think their actors are more skilled than K actors. 

On the other hand I don't think C actors are less handsome/pretty. I adore their natural faces. Like I think most of actors in NIF were pleasant looking. I think their charm has less to do with the looks and more with the way they carry themselves. I think younger generation of C actors are also quiet 'plastic' looking though.

Will New Sea ever air?:sweatingbullets:

I think we've discussed this topic before, voice dubbing but never mind...

For those c actors that I exclusively watch, it's the actors real voice. I guess they're the ones who speak with the standard required accent. 

I can only think of 1 reason for the dubbing & that's for uniformity. In different province of China, the accent is different. Someone from Shandong & someone from Beijing & someone from Hainan speak differently. And also these days, many HK & Taiwan artistes cross to China for filming too. They too have their accent esp those from HK. It's like speaking mandarin with cantonese accent & it sounds horrible to the ears. I guess the production want it to be in uniform, everyone speak the same type of accent.

The article I read didn't mention that c actors are more skilled. Many also cannot act but just because of a handsome face or a pretty face. But it's true that mature c actors still have romance roles for them even in their 40s. They're not handsome but they have the man charm. Some are older than JH. So, what's JH doing NOT doing love story? I want him in a matured love story not those storyline, you giggle I giggle, you act cute, I act cute that type. That doesn't go well with me (it's my personality).

I'm still waiting for New Sea. His image there looks quite good. A little like Pil Joo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, corey said:

Guess what ?:D I started to watch it because of Lin Geng Xin, but then I could not continue because his voice was different !

I wish that for C-Dramas at least they would do as they do in in Germany - there, each and every foreign film and show is dubbed, however, they always use the same voice actor at least for major stars!

I really must dig out the Chinese drama that JH did and see what sort of voice they used for him and just how horrible it is for me.

Sadly it's so common in China. Voice dubbing. Most of the voices are done by voice actors/voice actress. I think they try to match the voice actors/actress to be as close as possible to the actors actress real voice. Maybe with exception of few who speak the required standard mandarin, theirs aren't dubbed.

Also someone mentioned before (I forgot who), in actual filming due to background sound, so they needed to dubbed the voices. Correct? Someone mentioned this right?

I think if you can get pass the voice, don't think so much of it, you'll enjoy God of War Zhao Yun because LGX is good in this drama. Very hero & his outfit also suits him.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, corey said:

Guess what ?:D I started to watch it because of Lin Geng Xin, but then I could not continue because his voice was different !

I wish that for C-Dramas at least they would do as they do in in Germany - there, each and every foreign film and show is dubbed, however, they always use the same voice actor at least for major stars!

I really must dig out the Chinese drama that JH did and see what sort of voice they used for him and just how horrible it is for me.

I saw Daegil dub other day on instagram and I just couldn't handle it.  I use to be lazy reading subtitles too, but after getting use to his voice hard to go back.  In Vietnam, they use to do that- having same voice for certain actors.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I saw Daegil dub other day on instagram and I just couldn't handle it.  I use to be lazy reading subtitles too, but after getting use to his voice hard to go back.  In Vietnam, they use to do that- having same voice for certain actors.  

I think same for China. Same voice for certain actors/actress. Certain voice actors/actress assigned to certain artistes.

1 hour ago, corey said:

Yes, that was me. I was really baffled by this dubbing thing and did some research  and I found this video where it is explained at lengths. I actually buy this explanation, it sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the video. Yup, the person mentioned standard mandarin. And not everyone in China speaks the standard mandarin with the same accent.

Oppa and baby is so sweet

img_5010.jpg?w=473&h=903&zoom=2

I love reading the comments and how they say guy cooking carp stole the show and how it was like he was throwing a tantrum by burning the carps for not being able to watch Ailee. at end.  I just think back to Croatia when guy ask isn't there anything he can't do.  Dum dum dum...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@phoenix24 The comment is so funny! I guess they don’t know that this is just the way he cooks (not so well :P) But it’s a cute coincidence that he actually likes Ailee’s music and how cool that she ended up singing one of the most iconic songs in FTLY and later SOGC. So, the material for a conspiracy theory is there :D

I went back to watch twice cause he is too hilarious :lol: he made such a mess! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

I love reading the comments and how they say guy cooking carp stole the show and how it was like he was throwing a tantrum by burning the carps for not being able to watch Ailee. at end.  I just think back to Croatia when guy ask isn't there anything he can't do.  Dum dum dum...

I don't know why but the way he cooks (or attempts to cook. what he actually does is not cooking... :) ) reminds me of how he was with those puppy and kitty- there is a clumsiness in him, a stiffness, that maybe comes from impatience, that prevents him from being good at cooking. Cooking requires patience and sensitivity that he seems to be lacking, the same as stroking a kitty requires that :) This also makes me think about his lack of awareness when he talks too much, and doesn't notice the person he's talking to is exhausted... He has this small lack of sensitivity to him...

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't know why but the way he cooks (or attempts to cook. what he actually does is not cooking... :) ) reminds me of how he was with those puppy and kitty- there is a clumsiness in him, a stiffness, that maybe comes from impatience, that prevents him from being good at cooking. Cooking requires patience and sensitivity that he seems to be lacking, the same as stroking a kitty requires that :) This also makes me think about his lack of awareness when he talks too much, and doesn't notice the person he's talking to is exhausted... He has this small lack of sensitivity to him...

Yet Voice PD and his female co stars mentioned he is very considerate. Maybe in terms of safety at the site, he knows best since he got hurt quite a lot, so he sees the need to look out for others too.

• Like 4

@budgerie so I'm finish The Crown Princess. Like you said quite nice even I'm still rolling my eyes. lol. The Princess a badass but always can't help herself getting injured. The whole D team kinda meh when making decision for such an elite team. The most interesting part for me in that drama is the cinematography and Yaya fashion. :lol:

Right now, I'm on episode 10 of Kluen Cheewit. I like it more than TCP. This time I can say kudos to Yaya acting proverbs. She can do bitchiness and vulnerable so well. I knew Thai revenge drama kinda extreme sometimes but I think I don't have much problem for this one. My panda eyes is the prove of it. -_- Oh except for how ML keep handling the FL but she's a tough cookie and knew how to fight back. Looks like I really need some kind of drama that 'I hate you but I kinda love you too'. Hurt so good too. hahaha. And Mark is sooo cute. lol.

Sorry for off topic everyone.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@Biology Lesson Yeah I don’t really agree with this observation. The clumsiness may be due to lack of experience with cooking and/or handling small pets and not lack of sensitivity. He always looks meticulous when he makes his famous hotdogs and he puts a lot of care on the preparation of his special sauce :P

@azureblue7 That collage of him with kids is adorable :wub:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yet Voice PD and his female co stars mentioned he is very considerate. Maybe in terms of safety at the site, he knows best since he got hurt quite a lot, so he sees the need to look out for others too.

Oh, I don't mean he is not considerate. That is for sure! He cares very much about his friends and co-workers. It's very clear. I read Lee Hana said that it was like having a another director on set. He would stay after he finished with his scenes and practice with her. She said that if she was too tired, he would give her chocolate, that he always had in his pockets. She was very appreciative of him, but I'm guessing he didn't give her much choice about practicing :).  She also said that there was one point in which she was kinda whiney, and he berated her (this was the first time I ever heard about him getting angry at any of his co-stars), telling her that all the crew had been working in really hard conditions and that it wasn't like her to be like that (it was the worst winter, and he and the crew were working mostly outside, while she was mostly inside, so I guess it annoyed him that she was complaining). I also read that she said that even though she really appreciated JH, she felt more comfortable with the other actor from the next seasons. I think JH was a bit intimidating and intense with her... I kinda wonder about this story, cause I really hated her acting. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Yeah I don’t really agree with this observation. The clumsiness may be due to lack of experience with cooking and/or handling small pets and not lack of sensitivity. He always looks meticulous when he makes his famous hotdogs and he puts a lot of care on the preparation of his special sauce :P

Hmmm... dropping that egg on the counter and then returning it to the pan has nothing to do with lack of experience. That comes from clear impatience.:) Making those hot dogs is like his martial arts or horse riding. It something that he's practiced so much, that he specializes in it. He loves them, so he made sure to know how to make them. It's strange, but it's not cooking, or else we would have seen some skill when he does something else in the kitchen. Don't take it as slight at JH :D, it's just the way he is. There is a certain bluntness to him.

You know, I kinda suspect that it was after his experience in Dragon Club that he started making breakfast for his kids... If I'm not mistaken, talking about making breakfast for the kids is a recent thing. I don't remember him saying that in the past...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, yoeda said:

@budgerie so I'm finish The Crown Princess. Like you said quite nice even I'm still rolling my eyes. lol.

Spoiler

Lol. Please allow me to say (again) that watching a drama is very individual taste. It's quite nice in my opinion but it may not suit you. Likewise, if it's nice to you, it may not suit me. :lol: In every drama (JH drama included), the plot is bound to be wrong somewhere for some of us, but it may be the perfect script for others. I like the drama that she's not a soft cookie or a damsel in distress. I really hate a drama which the FL is weak & soft.

If you don't mind fantasy drama, I recommend you to watch The Journey of Flower. That's really I love you turned I hate you. @coreyIf you like the FL in Princess Agent, you must watch her in TJOF. She's damn good from an innocent young student to a grown woman full of love/hate towards her Teacher.

If you like to watch some kisses, you can watch The Better Woman. The FL dresses up in sexy outfits but the plot is ridiculous at some point too. Like the husband doesn't know that the one he's sleeping with isn't his wife. :phew:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmm... dropping that egg on the counter and then returning it to the pan has nothing to do with lack of experience. That comes from clear impatience.:) 

Could also be they're running low on eggs so better save that one on the counter :tounge_wink:but yes, I've known people who cook constantly but still dropping something on the floor. :grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2