1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree with you. I thought JH's performance in MF was mind blowing, but at the end of the day the show left me cold because his control never broke. We never saw him lose it or let loose. I think that would have made the show epic. Beside that, I thought that making Mal-Ran crazy and so vulnerable made his entire quest of revenge against her seem pointless, as he probably could have found a far quicker way to break her, and not wait for more than 20 (!) years with his revenge... Not to mention, that he was the one that supported her and cared for her every time she started loosing it, which made no sense. I thought it would have been better if she was a Femme Fatale, ruthless and sexy, which would have fit Lee Mi-Sook far better, and would have explained the driver killing for her. Also, would have made the sexual tension that every now and again sprang up between Mal-Ran and Pil Joo make more sense. 

Sexual tension every now and then? To me they were always in sexual tension ready to explode! :sweatingbullets: And to me, she was precisely that to her driver, a femme fatale. Seduction was definitely part of this game 24/7, even if no one explicitely had sex, it was obvious MR desired Piljoo and was weak for him. Piljoo’s revenge was slow, because he was “enjoying” the process. Piljoo was damaged mentally and spiritually, he had a bit of a sadist in him, imo and thats why he took his damn time, it had less to do with strategy and more with his pent up extreme anger and grudge. Ahhh he is just such a delicious avenger and him being a bit “sick” with grudge and somewhat perverse is what made him fascinating to me. I  also love MF hehe 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

You guys are doubting it? His voice is as we say in spanish “inconfundible” (impossible not to distinguish) 

Seems like he’ll use his natural way of speaking in this drama. 

i am not doubting.  haha i know it is his voice 100%. his voice here and YBW's voice are so manly but in different way. He is so talented to act with his voice. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Sexual tension every now and then? To me they were always in sexual tension ready to explode! :sweatingbullets: And to me, she was precisely that to her driver, a femme fatale. Seduction was definitely part of this game 24/7, even if no one explicitely had sex, it was obvious MR desired Piljoo and was weak for him. Piljoo’s revenge was slow, because he was “enjoying” the process. Piljoo was damaged mentally and spiritually, he had a bit of a sadist in him, imo and thats why he took his damn time, it had less to do with strategy and more with his pent up extreme anger and grudge. Ahhh he is just such a delicious avenger and him being a bit “sick” with grudge and somewhat perverse is what made him fascinating to me. I  also love MF hehe 

What show were you watching?! :lol: How can there be constant sexual tension with a woman that every now and then tries harm herself? He most of the time treated her like a sickly sister or mother. He never even pretended to have a sexual interest in her, except for the moment of the identity reveal. She did show interest in him, but it was more as a protector. She was so messed up and mentally vulnerable that she almost felt asexual. Like she controls men through her vulnerability rather then her sexuality. But then we had the moments of her giving him a watch or grabbing his hand when he put her to bed, that might have been sexual, but because those moments were so out of place and vague, they left most viewers confused. That's why to this day we don't know if he actually had sex with her or not... It felt like the writers couldn't decide on the angle of the relationship.

So you're saying he took more than 20 years with his revenge because he was having fun?! He was playing the dog to the people who were responsible for the death of his brother and mother, and than made him feel good?!  That wouldn't make him a sadist, that would make him a masochist!  I put the length of time it took him to take his revenge to bad writing and the fact that JH was more than 40. 

• LOL 1

What show were you watching?! :lol: How can there be constant sexual tension with a woman that every now and then tries harm herself? He most of the time treated her like a sickly sister or mother. He never even pretended to have a sexual interest in her, except for the moment of the identity reveal. She did show interest in him, but it was more as a protector. She was so messed up and mentally vulnerable that she almost felt asexual. Like she controls men through her vulnerability rather then her sexuality. But then we had the moments of her giving him a watch or grabbing his hand when he put her to bed, that might have been sexual, but because those moments were so out of place and vague, they left most viewers confused. That's why to this day we don't know if he actually had sex with her or not... It felt like the writers could decide on the angle of the relationship.

So you're saying he took more than 20 years with his revenge because he was having fun?! He was playing the dog to the people who were responsible for the death of his brother and mother, and than made him feel good?!  That wouldn't make him a sadist, that would make him a masochist!  I put the length of time it took him to take his revenge to bad writing and the fact that JH was more than 40. 

Im sorry but I disagree with you and I really wasn’t the only one who felt the sexual tension between JMR and Piljoo. It was in every encounter. The way she looked at him, ALL the time, stalked him, thought she “knew” him better than everyone.  All those scenes with the watches and hand kissing, the way she looked at him with jealousy whenever he was with MoHyun. So yeah, we might have different perception of things but I was not imagining things. And I didn’t see “most viewers confused” while I was watching live. I did see people intrigued (again, I think the purposeful vagueness, worked). To me, it is irrelevant wether they had sex or not. What is important is the tension, the “sick” co-dependency created between them. Writers and director knew perfectly well what they were doing, imo 

And yes, my take on his revenge is that he made it slow on purpose (or rather didn’t rush it) because he wanted JMR to really trust him so he could hurt her MORE, otherwise he would’ve just killed her a long time ago. But its hard to hurt someone who barely “cares” for others so he had to make her really need him or want him, otherwise how would he hurt her? So he stretched the cord as much as possible only to make his revenge more “satisfying”. Sorry but its not bad writing to me, it is what the writer intended. Piljoo wasn’t simply seeking justice, he was an avenger, a punisher, seeking retribution via making those people suffer slowly, that was the whole point. He was not perfectly “sane” himself, mentally or spiritually and thats why he fit so well within that crazy family. Of course his feelings were mixed and complex because he had humanity in him, his feelings for Bucheon were mixed.  The whole thing was dark and perverse (and I loved it) 

And no, he wasn’t just “the dog”, he was the puppet master. I’m sorry if you find my perception outrageous but I’m surprised honestly, as I wasn’t the only one perceiving all of this while the drama aired. Anyway, as always, we can agree to disagree. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

And no, he wasn’t just “the dog”, he was the puppet master. I’m sorry if you find my perception outrageous but I’m surprised honestly, as I wasn’t the only one perceiving all of this while the drama aired. Anyway, as always, we can agree to disagree. 

The family for years treated him like their dog. He himself said that... That can't have been fun for him... I did say that there were notes of sexual tension, but to my opinion they were inconsistent and random.

I don't find your perspective outrageous! :) It just your opinion, that I don't share. And that's fine... :glasses:

As you noticed, I didn't like MF as much as you. I actually thought the plot of Midas was much better. The only thing that made MF the superior show to me was JH's powerhouse acting. 

• Like 1

The family for years treated him like their dog. He himself said that... That can't have been fun for him... I did say that there were notes of sexual tension, but to my opinion they were inconsistent and random.

I don't find your perspective outrageous! :) It just your opinion, that I don't share. And that's fine... :glasses:

As you noticed, I didn't like MF as much as you. I actually thought the plot of Midas was much better. The only thing that made MF the superior show to me was JH's powerhouse acting. 

I guess Im not explaining myself. To me things are not as simple as black and white. I never said he did it for “fun”. That is simplifying things and JHs performance gave us much more than one feeling. He did it for many reasons and he had a lot of mixed feelings. But anyway, I kinda prefer to drop the subject as I don’t have the energy to give you arguments especially if you are not open to consider them, given that you didn’t care much for this drama. Let’s save our energy for something more fun or productive. Peace. 

PS: Powerhouse acting cannot shine or serve any purpose if there is no story, dialogues or something in the writing and directing to sustain it. Its always a team work imo. And Im sure you know, there are many levels to how a story is constructed, theres plot vs character driven stories, cost, execution and many obstacles. I know we all pretend or play at being “director” “writer” “critic” but Im sure we are all aware that its easy to be a critic, much harder to build something. I have “some” experience in production and from that minimal experience I can tell that the behind the scenes of any “simple” scene takes a lot of work. Most of the time is spent overcoming an obstacle. Making miracles while pressed for time. Having good and cooperative talent (actors, directors, hosts) helps immensely but by no means can they create things on their own. It takes a team. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

But anyway, I kinda prefer to drop the subject as I don’t have the energy to give you arguments especially if you are not open to consider them, given that you didn’t care much for this drama. Let’s save our energy for something more fun or productive. Peace. 

I actually did drop the subject. My short answer should have been an indication... :) We just have different tastes. It's OK. There is no right or wrong here... Peace, indeed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

You guys are doubting it? His voice is as we say in spanish “inconfundible” (impossible not to distinguish) 

Seems like he’ll use his natural way of speaking in this drama. 

I was the one doubting haha... ok after hearing it again I managed to identify its him, but except the first line right?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I was the one doubting haha... ok after hearing it again I managed to identify its him, but except the first line right?  

I checked again. I think it’s him at the beginning too (actually Im sure its him)

to me his voice is super recognizable, and I think he is using his “normal” voice here

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Oh that means I have to watch the whole episode! It’s this exact same episode right? I will go search for it on youku then. But my internet is slow so dunno whether I will need to wait till sunrises haha 

Yes, it is the episode that @azureblue7posted. Yes, I waited till sunrise too when I watched it some long time back ago. The loading is very slow. :joy:The 2017 prog can be found in 哔哩哔哩 website.

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

JUST SAW TOO! So excited. Too bad no characters yet but still, glad they are starting promo so early. Well I just. Can’t wait to see what look JH will sport in this show :lol:  

I wonder if it's going to be the similar of chinese drama Love Me If You Dare. Spent the entire drama looking for the killer even though they already knew who but the killer is not to be found. :unsure:

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Is it Hyuk’s voice ?

Does sound like his voice. Sounds a little like how he would speak at MC. Maybe it's true that his vocal is changing.

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I thought that making Mal-Ran crazy and so vulnerable made his entire quest of revenge against her seem pointless,

Ya making MR go crazy/mad is like such a light sentence for her for all the bad she had done. Indeed, PJ was too much in control. No breaking point. A man of steel. But when he is alone, he is "breaking down" internally. :bawling:And there was no woman to comfort him. :joy:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I would have loved to see him lose control with her. Or, even better, give her control... :) but even when she kissed him, he didn't even respond to the kiss. That was disappointing

Exactly! I wanted to see him held her back when she was turning to leave. I was hopeful when he held her hand....than let go! It would be more spicy to the drama if he had responded to the kiss and make it even harder now for her and for him. Hahaha! But I didn't want them to be together in the end. So the ending was alright for me.

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

MR definitely desired PJ. She trusted him wholeheartedly. PJ is enjoying the process yes. Like he will slowly take his time with her. Like want to kiss her than stop at the last minute, but just brush her hair away or something. And here MR is waiting! He knows that MR desires him so he just played along. All these touching by PJ really turned her on. Heeheehee! I love PJ very much but in real life, stay away from such a fellow..hahaha!

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

But then we had the moments of her giving him a watch or grabbing his hand when he put her to bed, that might have been sexual, but because those moments were so out of place and vague, they left most viewers confused. That's why to this day we don't know if he actually had sex with her or not... It felt like the writers couldn't decide on the angle of the relationship.

The writer(s) is smart. Leaving us to our imagination if they had sex or not. Which I probably think not because me don't want PJ to sleep with her but on the otherhand, all the gestures like touching each other face, for example, you don't do that casually unless you have feelings for the other person and vice versa. And I'm sure PJ has no feelings for her but is using her feelings for him to keep her in "suspense". And keep us in "suspense" too.

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

What is important is the tension, the “sick” co-dependency created between them. Writers and director knew perfectly well what they were doing, imo 

Maybe my opinion is biased because I love MF and I think MF has a mixture of most good stuff. The writing to me is good as in I wasn't bored. I was able to watch from beginning to end without ff because it gets exciting. Not to mention JH portrayal as PJ is perfect for me. He looked damn good in those suits. The 20 years wait is necessary because he not only had to have MR completely rely on him, he also had to have grandpa on his side. And we saw that the whole Jang family literally relied on PJ to get things done, to settle things and to get them out of trouble by jailing himself :bawling:

Technically he is the dog because he is at their beck and call all the time. But underneath it, he is the master dog because he talks, they listen. To get grandpa to be on his side is no easy feat because he can't seduce grandpa like he did to MR.

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

PS: Powerhouse acting cannot shine or serve any purpose if there is no story, dialogues or something in the writing and directing to sustain it. Its always a team work imo. And Im sure you know, there are many levels to how a story is constructed, theres plot vs character driven stories, cost, execution and many obstacles. I know we all pretend or play at being “director” “writer” “critic” but Im sure we are all aware that its easy to be a critic, much harder to build something. I have “some” experience in production and from that minimal experience I can tell that the behind the scenes of any “simple” scene takes a lot of work. Most of the time is spent overcoming an obstacle. Making miracles while pressed for time. Having good and cooperative talent (actors, directors, hosts) helps immensely but by no means can they create things on their own. It takes a team. 

Agree. I've had the opportunity to see live filming once, it takes many front line people and alot of other (so called unimportant) people to make the whole thing work. Not just the actor/actress. The actor/actress is but only 1 of the many people. And from what I saw, the Director gets impatient, this is not done, that is not up. What we see on screen (behind the scene) is considered very cordial already. Hahaha...

I'm very guilty of that I own up. Criticising the writing, the makeup, the lighting, the camera angle, the directing but indeed it is not easy to put a drama up. What I saw is not even 1 episode of filming and already it is so much work with so many people that we don't see on screen. And esp if we're expecting the artistes can easily change the script, add lines, etc, it isn't so easily done. So many people are holding the script. Maybe from what I saw the Director is already getting impatient due to fatigue (many other reasons) so he isn't very compromising.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Wow! You like Midas. It took me 3x to watch it completely because I couldn't get past the female lead which acted as KDH boss. She whispered all the time I could hardly hear! :lol:Midas and MF are both for revenge but the nature of revenge is different although I found the ending not to my liking. He and his ex boss became friends at the end! I wanted her to suffer for what she did to KDH, for betraying him. B)

• Like 2

I checked again. I think it’s him at the beginning too (actually Im sure its him)

to me his voice is super recognizable, and I think he is using his “normal” voice here

I loveeeee his voice here! I’d have to admit that the first line of him uttering “bon dae ro mal ha ra” was abit hard for me to recognize, but the subsequent ones were ok. Super love his tone and the diction and the pacing of his voice as well as the enunciation here. Like all of you have mentioned, very cool, calm, suave and fast too. Whereas in MC he talks very slow hahaha. I like the speed in his voice in this teaser. And abit whispery. Reminds me of TJ again but deeper and sexier voice hahahahaha. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

It's ok I wasn't sure with first line too, but from second line and towards end was assure.

• Like 4

I don't know why Hyuk is in the list given that his last movie was more than 2 years ago? But never mind haha..

Edit : Oh the one in the third place's last movie was 4 years ago.

November Movie Star Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from October 29 to November 30.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

25. Jang Hyuk

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368672wpp/november-movie-star-brand-reputation-rankings-announced

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I loveeeee his voice here! I’d have to admit that the first line of him uttering “bon dae ro mal ha ra” was abit hard for me to recognize, but the subsequent ones were ok. Super love his tone and the diction and the pacing of his voice as well as the enunciation here. Like all of you have mentioned, very cool, calm, suave and fast too. Whereas in MC he talks very slow hahaha. I like the speed in his voice in this teaser. And abit whispery. Reminds me of TJ again but deeper and sexier voice hahahahaha. :lol:

Your command of korean is good (for me). I could hardly make out the words and yes, I also learn but I'm a half hearted student. Love his voice.

19 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I don't know why Hyuk is in the list given that his last movie was more than 2 years ago? But never mind haha

Who cares! As long as he is in. Wow, Honey Lee is in too. I like her. Can she and JH also do another project together? What movie was 2 years ago? Swordman?

(Sorry, side track here) : @PrettysupI saw on youtube that WC when he was participating in that prog which GG was in, in 1 of the episodes or same episode, WC ran until 屁股抽筋 and he could hardly stand. Goodness me! Thankfully he is alright. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Wow! You like Midas. It took me 3x to watch it completely because I couldn't get past the female lead which acted as KDH boss. She whispered all the time I could hardly hear! :lol:Midas and MF are both for revenge but the nature of revenge is different although I found the ending not to my liking. He and his ex boss became friends at the end! I wanted her to suffer for what she did to KDH, for betraying him. B)

I like Midas too. haha. It's a smart drama with all the stock play. I kinda attracted to how JH play his genius game here. It's slow in the beginning but when he start his payback for ppl who frame him it's fun to watch. Overall, I like JH in revenge drama coz I love his emotion play. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I like Midas too. haha. It's a smart drama with all the stock play. I kinda attracted to how JH play his genius game here. It's slow in the beginning but when he start his payback for ppl who frame him it's fun to watch. Overall, I like JH in revenge drama coz I love his emotion play. :sweatingbullets:

This is the only 1 drama of his that I had to watch 3x to finish it entirely. I enjoyed his portrayal but didn't like the chemistry between KDH and JY. Literally no chemistry at all as lovers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Your command of korean is good (for me). I could hardly make out the words and yes, I also learn but I'm a half hearted student. Love his voice.

Who cares! As long as he is in. Wow, Honey Lee is in too. I like her. Can she and JH also do another project together? What movie was 2 years ago? Swordman?

I can’t hear korean words well yet, I need to read. It’s easier for me to read than capture what Koreans say cos they speak too fast haha. I realized JH has a raspy voice. The clarity of his enunciation for me is not as much compared to some others because of his way of speech but most of the time his natural speech is quite slow and calm so it’s ok. 

In this teaser he speaks very fast but yet it’s super clear, so that’s good! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1