3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Oh wow! You finished MF! Wasn't it only 2 days ago we spoke about MF? Hahaha! As I've said before, the ending is up to individual to conclude if it's sad or not sad.

Indeed, MF is not a drama for everyone. It's too heavy. I just happen to be one who likes him in heavy character. Have you watched bad papa? I enjoyed it but not everyone likes the genre. But it's super sad ending and gets me truly upset with the writer. :joy: 

Haha yea only about 2 days ago.  I never know what my schedule would be like so I try to finish it quick during Holiday.  The power of JH :lol:.  Yes, I did watch BP.  I enjoyed it too, but yea ending was upsetting and beautiful at same time.

Do you know where to find english sub for his Saturday NIght Live, Uncontrollably acting, or Life Bar ep?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Do you know where to find english sub for his Saturday NIght Live, Uncontrollably acting, or Life Bar ep?

I watched these 3 programme in chinese website because I couldn't find the english website. Maybe others here might know??

FYI (those who can read chinese subtitles), I saw in 优酷视频 (youku) that 新海 (New Sea) will be out in 2020. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I watched these 3 programme in chinese website because I couldn't find the english website. Maybe others here might know??

FYI (those who can read chinese subtitles), I saw in 优酷视频 (youku) that 新海 (New Sea) will be out in 2020. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

So many not sub.  I need to start learning Korean.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Thank you for sharing again @azureblue7! I will never get tired hearing him talking about his love story so sincerely. 

@The Reel LifeThis is the programme which I told you about TVN Taxi 2012 which youku.com has but the loading takes forever. This (big size) lady host teased him about his wife being not fat (because she asked JH if he likes fat women and he said yes and she said but your wife is not fat) and he replied "but that is true love".

This was also the programme that he clarified his marital status. Outside world said he divorced because he's always not going home and he clarified he didn't divorce. They're well together and won't divorce.

Another one is the 2017 programme which bilibili.com has. Same lady host. The 2017 one is the one which he spoke about his daughter doing the love shape with her thumb & index finger. And how he feels difference when he is carrying her (comparing her with her 2 bros) and that daughter is very good at playing hard to get.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

@azureblue7 I remember reading this before.  Really rare to find a guy with that much dedication in the process of courting in general.  It's sweet and amazing.  He always talk a lot about loyalty with friends and with his wife in dragon bros too.

Yes. His love story with his wife is very touching! Really "in good times and in bad times, through thick and thin" she was with him during the most difficult time of his life. Courtship for 6 years before tying the knot. Loyalty meant alot to him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@The Reel LifeThis is the programme which I told you about TVN Taxi 2012 which youku.com has but the loading takes forever. This (big size) lady host teased him about his wife being not fat (because she asked JH if he likes fat women and he said yes and she said but your wife is not fat) and he replied "but that is true love".

This was also the programme that he clarified his marital status. Outside world said he divorced because he's always not going home and he clarified he didn't divorce. They're well together and won't divorce.

Another one is the 2017 programme which bilibili.com has. Same lady host. The 2017 one is the one which he spoke about his daughter doing the love shape with her thumb & index finger. And how he feels difference when he is carrying her (comparing her with her 2 bros) and that daughter is very good at playing hard to get.

Oh that means I have to watch the whole episode! It’s this exact same episode right? I will go search for it on youku then. But my internet is slow so dunno whether I will need to wait till sunrises haha 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Thanks for recommending MF.  I don't know if I would change the order of my list though.  I enjoyed it and it wasn't sad ending at all.  I was thinking of another sad ending because of rooftop scene which didn't happen :).  I can see why it's not for everyone though.  JH is good at the whole suppressing feeling, but I think it can be heavy for all 24 episodes for some.  He never really got break or big temptation from that possible happiness bc of setup and no time in whole revenge ordeal that some needs as break in melodrama.

I agree with you. I thought JH's performance in MF was mind blowing, but at the end of the day the show left me cold because his control never broke. We never saw him lose it or let loose. I think that would have made the show epic. Beside that, I thought that making Mal-Ran crazy and so vulnerable made his entire quest of revenge against her seem pointless, as he probably could have found a far quicker way to break her, and not wait for more than 20 (!) years with his revenge... Not to mention, that he was the one that supported her and cared for her every time she started loosing it, which made no sense. I thought it would have been better if she was a Femme Fatale, ruthless and sexy, which would have fit Lee Mi-Sook far better, and would have explained the driver killing for her. Also, would have made the sexual tension that every now and again sprang up between Mal-Ran and Pil Joo make more sense. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree with you. I thought JH's performance in MF was mind blowing, but at the end of the day the show left me cold because his control never broke. We never saw him lose it or let loose. I think that would have made the show epic. Beside that, I thought that making Mal-Ran crazy and so vulnerable made his entire quest of revenge against her seem pointless, as he probably could have found a far quicker way to break her, and not wait for more than 20 (!) years with his revenge... Not to mention, that he was the one that supported her and cared for her every time she started loosing it, which made no sense. I thought it would have been better if she was a Femme Fatale, ruthless and sexy, which would have fit Lee Mi-Sook far better, and would have explained the driver killing for her. Also, would have made the sexual tension that every now and again sprang up between Mal-Ran and Pil Joo make more sense. 

Interesting perspective! I on the other hand preferred the fact that the show allowed him to be in control of everything. I am tired of shows making the leads fail or go through ridiculous hardships just to add to the drama or extend the show. This one remained riveting throughout and I loved that KPJ was in control all the time, but with occasions that still kept you at the edge of your seat wondering when he will be ousted of his secret. And even if he was ousted, he always had a come back which was unpredictable. As a viewer, I felt less pain and anger and frustration so that made it a more enjoyable viewing experience hahaha. 

But i would concur with you that JMR’s ending was dissatisfying, after all the evil deeds she had done. It was an easy way out for her. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yes, good point.  His revenge just felt sad especially with that drinking scene when Boo-Cheon asked if he was happy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Interesting perspective! I on the other hand preferred the fact that the show allowed him to be in control of everything. I am tired of shows making the leads fail or go through ridiculous hardships just to add to the drama or extend the show. This one remained riveting throughout and I loved that KPJ was in control all the time, but with occasions that still kept you at the edge of your seat wondering when he will be ousted of his secret. And even if he was ousted, he always had a come back which was unpredictable. As a viewer, I felt less pain and anger and frustration so that made it a more enjoyable viewing experience hahaha. 

But i would concur with you that JMR’s ending was dissatisfying, after all the evil deeds she had done. It was an easy way out for her. 

Oh, I didn't mean lose his control over the situation. That was great. Maybe one of the only shows I saw in which the protagonist was scarier than the bad guys. :rolleyes:

What I meant was lose control of his emotions. I don't mean just cry. I mean allow himself to actually have something beyond his revenge. This guy spent more than half his life with every moment calculated. The only thing that wasn't calculated was his love. I would have loved to see him lose control with her. Or, even better, give her control... :) but even when she kissed him, he didn't even respond to the kiss. That was disappointing

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Yes i think it's his voice. He manages to make it different again in this drama. haha

You guys are doubting it? His voice is as we say in spanish “inconfundible” (impossible not to distinguish) 

Seems like he’ll use his natural way of speaking in this drama. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1