3 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes I like William, especially his role in Mystic Nine. Actually I tried to watch Remembering Li Chuan yesterday but I concluded it is not my cup of tea haha.. But I do agree he is very handsome and tall (>1.9m) and of coz he speaks good English coz he grew up in Canada. Such a pity he died so young.

@PrettysupI like WC in The Four and Mystic Nine. I like his partnering with ZLY. I like ZLY esp her portrayal in TJOF. Remembering LC is very sad but the girl does get on my nerve. Let's get back to JH topics ....may GG rest in peace. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

No worries, I found it already, thanks!

Was the translation accurate? It meant that he is keeping this long hair for the new show right?

I actually am doubtful the hair length is as per the photoshoot pictures haha. It probably is longer than that, given the interviewer commented that he "didn't cut his hair". If it was any shorter like in pictures it would still have been considered to be cut. So... we should brace ourselves for something interesting... HAHAHA. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Was the translation accurate? It meant that he is keeping this long hair for the new show right?

I actually am doubtful the hair length is as per the photoshoot pictures haha. It probably is longer than that, given the interviewer commented that he "didn't cut his hair". If it was any shorter like in pictures it would still have been considered to be cut. So... we should brace ourselves for something interesting... HAHAHA. 

Yes the translation was right, he is indeed keeping his hair long for the new OCN drama.

And you are right, these photos were actually taken in June, together with the white shirtless ones.. He posted on his instagram that time, there were 3 outfits, and one of them was this blue striped shirt. Now you are making me worried about his hair again haha........

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

Money Flower too! Hahaha!

Hihi yea couldn't say because I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.  Maybe a clip or a comment kind of made me delay it because it has sad ending right?  I'm usually ok with sad ending if there's a sacrifice or purpose other than just tragic.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes the translation was right, he is indeed keeping his hair long for the new OCN drama.

And you are right, these photos were actually taken in June, together with the white shirtless ones.. He posted on his instagram that time, there were 3 outfits, and one of them was this blue striped shirt. Now you are making me worried about his hair again haha........

Oops... aren’t we all? Hahaha. National treasure. 

10 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hihi yea couldn't say because I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.  Maybe a clip or a comment kind of made me delay it because it has sad ending right?  I'm usually ok with sad ending if there's a sacrifice or purpose other than just tragic.

You have to watch! It’s not a sad ending at all. Not sure why some interpret it that way but I was satisfied with the ending. One of the most riveting shows I’ve watched. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

@phoenix24Actually watching a drama/movie is very individual taste. Everyone has different genre as their cup of tea. Some see MF as a sad ending, others see it as an appropriate ending.

In my opinion (only for me), the ending is appropriate as in he didn't end up with the girl (Na Mo Hyun) as after all that they had gone through, it is difficult to be together with so much have gone through between them. Some cooling off time is much needed to "trust" each other again, despite them being in love with each other. But other viewers may see it as a sad ending that they both didn't end up together. So it's up to you to decide if the ending is appropriate for you after you've watched the drama. :D

I recommend you to watch the drama for the professionalism of all the artistes. All the artistes acted very well. The story is well written. It is a dark theme, as in (acted by Jang Hyuk) is out for revenge but it is so well crafted and perfectly planned by himself.

On top of that, JH is very handsome here, his acting is (for me) his best. He keeps his emotion very well hidden here. Don't be mistaken, not that his other drama is not good. I just like the way he plays his character in MF. I like him to play characters that is heavy and with suppressed feelings and emotions like MF, BM, BPP, even in MC. 

However, I'm not sure if the genre is to your liking, as I've said, is very individual taste. You'll not see any traces of Li Gun (FTLY) here. He's so composed and is such a gentleman that you did'nt can imagine it was him to who acted the crazy laugh Li Gun. :D

@The Reel Lifeapart from the pic that you "dedicated" to me (hahaha) I also like the full length one which I could see his toes. Didn't we also admire his toes @azureblue7? We're fans that literally admire him from top to bottom. Hair to toes!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Ahh we finally got the answer to the scar above his eye

<Lee Bang-won also confessed to the scar on his face, which further sharpened his image in the drama. It was a coincidence, not on purpose. "I got hurt while working out. It was not intentional, but when I found out, I think it suited my character. Doesn't it feel like Scar from Lion King?">

lion_king_1994_038.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201911290100226970015098&servicedate=20191128

I remember that we suspected that the red mark above his eye brow was real since he also had red a mark in his eye in the beginning. I guess we were right... :) I just wish the writers had the sense to incorporate it in the story... sigh... never mind, now it's over with, what it looks, the best possible outcome. We should trust JH more...

• Like 3

Another article, some are repeated stuffs from other articles above, but there are a few new bits here and there:

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk Interview :It’s hard for TJ rapper to make a return 

As he enters his 23rd year of acting, Jang Hyuk has also shown off the special weight that he carries, capturing the agony of a humane Lee Bang-won in JTBC's "My Country," which ended on Sunday.

Jang's relaxed smile at the interview did not make one feel that he is tired after finishing the work that had been shooting for about eight months. "I can't cut my hair because it's going to be used in the next drama," he said with a big smile.

"I wanted to show you an emotional humane Lee Bang-won, not an ambitious blood lord. In fact, during the ‘Age of innocence’, I was always thinking about playing Lee Bang-won again. In ‘The Age of Innocence’ , Lee Bang-won feels like the background in the first strife of the princes. ‘My Country’ Lee Bang-won is a weighty villain, and he's at the center of the story, so there's a little bit of freedom and coolness."

"My Country" is basically the story of fictional characters Seo Hwi (Yang Se-jong), Nam Seon-ho (Woo Do-hwan), and Han Hee-jae (Kim Seol-hyeon) who help Lee Bang-won revolt in the drama. However, the three-dimensional confrontations between Lee Bang-won (Jang Hyuk), Nam-jeon (Ahn Nae-sang) and Lee Seong-gye (Kim Young-chul) who contributed to the founding of the country showed off their existence as much as traditional historical dramas. 

Among the past works dealing with Lee Bang-won, Jang was particularly attracted to ‘The Deep Rooted Tree’ which he also starred in. "I wanted to show everyone the Lee Bang-won who stood against his father. There was a scene in ‘The Deep Rooted Tree’ which Baek Yoon-sik senior told Ido (Song Joong-ki) to live. I was very impressed with that fascinating look."

Actor Kim Young-chul, who plays Lee Seong-gye, had also portrayed Taejong two times previously through "The Great King Sejong" and "Jang Young-sil." Kim Young-chul, however, rarely talked about his works because he feared it would have an unnecessary impact on Jang's performance. On the synergy of their acting, Jang said, "We acted as father and son during ‘Iris 2’, and even if we don't talk about it, we can immerse ourselves in real-life feelings. You just have to get the emotional intensity that your senior members are driving at and pour it out as it is," he explained. These are words coming from an actor representing the acting class in the entertainment industry.

"Although it's a work of fictional characters, stories beyond historical characters may not be convincing. Most people know how the Strife of the Princes went and what roles and actions Jeong Do-jeon, Lee Bang-gan, and Bakpo played. If you go too far-fetched, it’s going to be hard to accept. So instead of creating a new story, I wanted to reinterpret the feelings behind it, while keeping true to historical records. Did Lee Bang-won really think that he was going to be a king? Maybe he didn't, but he was just swept away by the surging emotions and became the king. We only know the records but we didn't see it and feel it personally, so I focused on capturing the inner thoughts of Lee Bang-won."

As a result, "My Country" Lee Bang-won became Jang hyuk's new life character. Lee Bang-won's relentless confrontation with his father, Lee Seong-gye, excited viewers. "I'm grateful that you have enjoyed this drama because it's so emotional," Jang said with a smile.

Jang Hyuk also talked about being a senior among the cast. He said, “Although there were seniors on the set, but most of the other cast and crew were younger than me. There was only Tae-ryeong (Kim Jae-young), who is three years younger than me at the set and we talked a lot," he said, confessing to his unexpected loneliness. 

He reiterated that he learned a lot from young actors like Woo Do-hwan, Yang Se-jong and Seol Hyun. "One of the most regrettable works of my life is ‘Daemong’. They're only a year or two older than me when I did ‘Daemong’, but are very well prepared. I was surprised that they can act so well at this age."

Jang Hyuk's choice of a master scene in ‘My Country’ is a question-and-answer session with Lee Sung-gye at the end of the drama. Jang recalled, "I fell in love with Kim Young-chul's feelings. Would I answer as king or as father? The sixth, seventh and eighth are already dead, and the fifth, you will be king. He's hitting the line. I've stopped feeling so much. Do you have any fingers that don't hurt? It's because I'm a royal family member. There was no line in the original script that said Lee Bang-won resembles Nam Seon-ho, but I added it on the spot because I felt that he resembled Nam Seon-ho."

Jang Hyuk's personal favourite acting scene is when he threw his crown after becoming the king. Unlike Lee Seong-gye or Nam Jeon, the throne was just a mean for Lee Bang-won to create his version of ‘my country’.

"I wanted to depict the feeling of cutting the opponent's head off and throwing it. It's my seat, I have went through a long way to reach there, but I don't know what to do when I get there. I raised my sword not to make the abandoned, but the reality is that I abandoned everyone from Seo Geom (Yoo Oh-sung) to Seo Hwi and Nam Seon-ho. Lee Bang-won is just like the characters at the end of the movie ‘The Graduate’, where they ran away from the wedding, sat on a bus, like two pathetic, helpless, empty people."

Jang Hyuk also confessed about the scar on Lee Bang-won’s face, which further sharpened his image in the drama. “It was a coincidence, I got hurt while working out. But then I found that it suited my character well. Doesn't it feel like Lion King's ‘Scar’?"

The most beloved historical character Jang Hyuk has ever played is Lee Dae-gil of ‘Chuno’. At one time, viewers commented that they see Lee Dae-gil in every character that he played. However, through ‘My Country’, Jang hyuk has completely shed the shadow of Lee Dae-gil, which had been hanging for more than a decade. Jang Hyuk said, "I forgot about Dae-gil a long time ago as I needed to move on to my next projects. It has already been 11 years and I'm grateful that there are so many fans who remembered Dae-gil for such a long time."

When asked whether he would consider doing the TJ project as a gift for fans, Jang appeared embarrassed and said after coughing, "We have to take a look at the times when the TJ project took place. Back then, the music video was done to promote the movie ‘Volcano High’. I was not good at singing, hence I practiced rapping as it was similar to saying my lines.” he explained.

"I like listening to music very much. I always practice acting while listening to music. I'm very happy if I managed to find a song that fits the mood just like OST. But I don't have the knowledge to work on music."

“I've been asked several times to appear in ‘Sugar Man’ as a rapper TJ. But that's not a joke, you have to decorate the stage. I'm sure not many people have seen TJ in person, and I think most of them know it through friends or the Internet. I don't think it's going to be easy to star in 'Sugar Man’.”

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

‘My Country’ Jang Hyuk Interview :It’s hard for TJ rapper to make a return 

There was no line in the original script that said Lee Bang-won resembles Nam Seon-ho, but I added it on the spot because I felt that he resembled Nam Seon-ho."

Another proof that JH does indeed change his script and lines. I think in one of the other articles he said that he advised one of the actors (the girl?) to change the lines to make them more natural and to learn both versions...

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

The most beloved historical character Jang Hyuk has ever played is Lee Dae-gil of ‘Chuno’. At one time, viewers commented that they see Lee Dae-gil in every character that he played. However, through ‘My Country’, Jang hyuk has completely shed the shadow of Lee Dae-gil, which had been hanging for more than a decade. Jang Hyuk said, "I forgot about Dae-gil a long time ago as I needed to move on to my next projects. It has already been 11 years and I'm grateful that there are so many fans who remembered Dae-gil for such a long time."

From what I've seen, it's actually not the regular viewers that obsess over Dae gil. I didn't see that many comments about Chuno while MC was broadcasted. Most posts are actually about FTLY more than any other role. It feels like it's more journalists that always mention Chuno when they talk about JH.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

So the last scene on the throne was his idea!

This shows that JH is more than just an actor. His insight into roles and his ability and confidence to suggest changes to the script and even to add scenes is what makes him different than any other actor. This is what makes him extraordinary!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk also confessed about the scar on Lee Bang-won’s face, which further sharpened his image in the drama. “It was a coincidence, I got hurt while working out. But then I found that it suited my character well. Doesn't it feel like a Lion King's ‘Scar’?"

I didn't even realised that LK has a scar. Hahaha! Papa Hyuk is a cartoon fan too.  :D

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

From what I've seen, it's actually not the regular viewers that obsess over Dae gil. I didn't see that many comments about Chuno while MC was broadcasted. Most posts are actually about FTLY more than any other role. It feels like it's more journalists that always mention Chuno when they talk about JH.

Agree! I think these journalists aren't his fans so since Chuno got a big award, they always cite Chuno whenever they write about him.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

This shows that JH is more than just an actor. His insight into roles and his ability and confidence to suggest changes to the script and even to add scenes is what makes him different than any other actor. This is what makes him extraordinary!

He should be a director (soon). :D He is so detailed. He'll be a good director. I know of chinese actor who also direct & act at the same time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I didn't even realised that LK has a scar. Hahaha! Papa Hyuk is a cartoon fan too.  :D

It’s not the Lion king who has a scar, it’s the antagonist in LK by the name of ‘Scar’, I posted his picture on the precious page. But yes, he really is a cartoon fan haha, I had to google this character.

Scar is a fictional character who appears in Disney's The Lion King franchise, and serves as its primary antagonist. He was created in 1989 by screenwriters Irene Mecchi, Jonathan Roberts, and Linda Woolverton, and animated by Andreas Deja. Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

It’s not the Lion king who has a scar, it’s the antagonist in LK by the name of ‘Scar’, I posted his picture on the precious page. But yes, he really is a cartoon fan haha, I had to google this character.

Scar is a fictional character who appears in Disney's The Lion King franchise, and serves as its primary antagonist. He was created in 1989 by screenwriters Irene Mecchi, Jonathan Roberts, and Linda Woolverton, and animated by Andreas Deja. Wikipedia

Most probably he watched disney movies with his children. Just like how he knows Princess Pring and Pororo so well and can even sing the Pororo theme song.. Haha ! I can imagine him singing along with his kids. I'm sure he gained insights watching Disney cartoons too. He doesn't waste  a second.. :glasses:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Lee Bang-won is just like the characters at the end of the movie ‘The Graduate’, where they ran away from the wedding, sat on a bus, like two pathetic, helpless, empty people."

And he is an old movies fan too, I had to google this too to understand what he was talking about: 

The Graduate is a 1967 American romantic comedy-drama film directed by Mike Nichols[4] and written by Buck Henry and Calder Willingham,[5] based on the 1963 novel of the same name by Charles Webb.

You can read the plot to read about the ending which he was talking about :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Graduate

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

9 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Most probably he watched disney movies with his children. Just like how he knows Princess Pring and Pororo so well and can even sing the Pororo theme song.. Haha ! I can imagine him singing along with his kids. I'm sure he gained insights watching Disney cartoons too. He doesn't waste  a second.. :glasses:

Didn't he said it in DB that he had to watch how many times Frozen and what other cartoons...hahaha! Yup, am sure he learnt from these cartoons too.

@PrettysupThanks for correcting me. Am not a LK fan. I thought he meant LK got a scar. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

Most probably he watched disney movies with his children. Just like how he knows Pororo so well and can even sing the theme song.. Haha ! I can imagine he singing along with his kids. I'm sure he gained insights watching Disney cartoons too. He doesn't waste  a second.. :glasses:

I noticed he watches alot of English movies too.. the classic ones. He always cites them. Like this time in his interview he cites The Graduate which is a 1967 movie! :o

I am time and again amazed by him. From the sounds of the interview, he's appearing to be very relaxed and at ease. Like when he says: "I can't cut my hair because it's going to be used in the next drama," he said with a big smile." :D So so glad for him. Also, I don't know whether it's translation or what, but if this is what he said and intended to convey exactly, then WOW, it was such a mature, grounded response - he said that while people remember Chuno and always ties him to the character, he had let it go. And he said he can't help if people want to tie him to Chuno always. He also said that it's not that he doesn't care about or appreciate people's thoughts, but he just doesn't let it affect him. 
I don't know where I read this, but I'm so so sure someone translated it, it was translated nicer than what I typed and I think I'm just lost in all the IG and Soompi messages that I've lost track haha. If anyone can point me back to that translation I'd be grateful. 

I feel he is super grounded as an individual and it's very good to know. This is consistent with him saying that it is important to have some distance with fans, not walking together next to each other but rather walking parallel with a decent distance. I think that's a very sobering thought to remind fans as well that they have their lives, he has his own, they cannot treat him like an idol who will do no wrong or who will fulfill all their fancies, and he is also doing his job as an actor and not living to please the fans. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1