2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I like the scene with his father, almost made me cry

Me too.. Love these 2 scenes in particular.

JH had regrets when he acted as YBW in Empire of lust . He didn't get to show the other side of YBW that he intended to portray. In my Country, I'm really glad that he manages to do so with whatever limited screen time he got, and I'm blown away by his performance! 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Some new Knetz comments on ep 11.

I am laughing at no.4 below haha... Knetz make the most colorful comments

1.    Jang Hyuk is perfect at acting Lee Bang-won, he increased the persuasiveness and focus of the drama. I'm looking forward to The First Strife of the Princes. (+133 -0)

2.    Lee Bang-won, Jang Hyuk’s masterpiece acting. The scene with Lee Bang-won and Lee Seong-gye, you can feel the depth of the actors. (+85 -1)

3.    Jang Hyuk upgrades the quality of the drama. Haha (+84 -0))

4.    Jang Hyuk is the best, even his beard is the coolest. (+43 -1)

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=408&aid=0000080921

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

Episode 11 - The veterans acting in this episode makes this episode slightly interesting. The King, Queen, Nam Jeon, Bang Won. Oh good! Finally Bang Won is angry. Cut off the bridge means the father cannot come out of the temple? 

Hwi looks good with clean and tidy look. :blush:But how many years had passed Bang Won said long time no see to Hwi. But looking at the now grown up Crown Prince, I assume at least 10 years?  

I wish there was more coverage as to how did Hui Jae become so powerful. Yes she is the madam of Ilawaru but she must have done something to earn that power. It is nice to see Bang Won and Hui Jae sit together in the same room at Ilawaru together with the rest of the _______whoever they are. Meaning she is on BW side.

I feel sorry for Seon Ho and Hwi. Both are so torn in their life. But I think there is still "brotherhood" even though they are hostile to each other. Still can't tell if Seon Ho is good or bad? And he is on who side? Definitely not on Bang Won side. Or is he also wanting to be the King??

The Queen death is pretty anti climax. I want to see her interfere more in Bang Won life. She is the only one who can make BW boil from within! Lol. Bang Won expression when talking to his father at the temple is epic. He is so hurt when father said he is only the 5th son born out of 8 or 9....how devastating to hear this from your father. 

At least episode 11 is worth watching. :grimace:The veterans truly are the ones holding the fort here. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

JH had regrets when he acted as YBW in Empire of lust . He didn't get to show the other side of YBW that he intended to portray. In my Country, I'm really glad that he manages to do so with whatever limited screen time he got, and I'm blown away by his performance! 

His performance in this show... I don't think even the fans could have predicted such brilliance! I don't know how he does this, where his deep insight comes from, but I remember I had a similar reaction while watching Money flower- I was so blown away by the intensity and control of his performance, that I remember grabbing my head in disbelief! I've never seen a performance like that, and the same goes to his YBW. I'm excited to see where JH will go next. 

Also, isn't it interesting that JH focuses on relationships we regularly don't see much focus on? In Bad Papa the focus was on the relationship between father and daughter, instead of husband and wife. And here- his focus is on father and son... Come to think about it, in FTLY we saw him beautifully developing several unusual relationships- with the mother in law, with his "step mother", with his "brother", with his secretary... Hell, I will even add the lawyer and the gangster that searched for the tree... 

I really hope in the new show they will be smart enough to give JH the ability to focus on the psychological aspect of his character and his relationships, and not just have him run around and yell...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Episode 11 - The veterans acting in this episode makes this episode slightly interesting. The King, Queen, Nam Jeon, Bang Won. Oh good! Finally Bang Won is angry. Cut off the bridge means the father cannot come out of the temple? 

Hwi looks good with clean and tidy look. :blush:But how many years had passed Bang Won said long time no see to Hwi. But looking at the now grown up Crown Prince, I assume at least 10 years?  

I wish there was more coverage as to how did Hui Jae become so powerful. Yes she is the madam of Ilawaru but she must have done something to earn that power. It is nice to see Bang Won and Hui Jae sit together in the same room at Ilawaru together with the rest of the _______whoever they are. Meaning she is on BW side.

I feel sorry for Seon Ho and Hwi. Both are so torn in their life. But I think there is still "brotherhood" even though they are hostile to each other. Still can't tell if Seon Ho is good or bad? And he is on who side? Definitely not on Bang Won side. Or is he also wanting to be the King??

The Queen death is pretty anti climax. I want to see her interfere more in Bang Won life. She is the only one who can make BW boil from within! Lol. Bang Won expression when talking to his father at the temple is epic. He is so hurt when father said he is only the 5th son born out of 8 or 9....how devastating to hear this from your father. 

At least episode 11 is worth watching. :grimace:The veterans truly are the ones holding the fort here. 

Hmm but I prefer Hwi with that previous shaggy hair, his face looks too chubby in this new look. 

Yeah the king was at the opposite end of the bridge, so he cannot intervene when Bang-won raises a revolution !! Haha

There was a time jump of 6 years after Yeon's death

2 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I really hope in the new show they will be smart enough to give JH the ability to focus on the psychological aspect of his character and his relationships, and not just have him run around and yell...

Oh please stop worrying so much !!! Haha.. just joking

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I saw on Jin Seo Yeon’s IG that she has started filming Call It Like You See It. She definitely has the cold and cool boss look haha. 

Agree with all of you, last night’s episode was the best of JH and Bang Won ever since the start of MC. A close second was the epi of his first encounter with Hwi. 

his confrontation scene with his dad was just... NO WORDS. So powerful! It helped too that before that scene, they showed him genuinely concerned when his dad fainted and he quickly rushed up to hold him. It showed that he still cared for his father genuinely, only to have his father turn against him. And the scene where Hwi told him he did well, the flashback which reminded him of his own desperation to hear those same words from his father, just made the last 20 mins of the show super powerful. 

im looking forward to the 1st strife tonight, and looking forward even more to the 2nd strife which involves Bang Gan. I must say Bang Gan is quite hilarious. Haha. 

All in all, JH surpassed his own standards again! Definitely a “life character” in my own books. ^_^

• Like 6

"After the sudden death of Queen Sindeok, and while King Taejo was still in mourning for his second wife, Yi Bang-won struck first by raiding the palace and killed Jeong Do-jeon and his supporters, as well as Queen Sindeok's two sons including the crown prince in 1398. This incident became known as the First Strife of Princes." from Wikipedia 

New stills for tonight's ep

IMG-20191109-134926-779.jpgIMG-20191109-134926-780.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

His performance in this show... I don't think even the fans could have predicted such brilliance! I don't know how he does this, where his deep insight comes from, but I remember I had a similar reaction while watching Money flower- I was so blown away by the intensity and control of his performance, that I remember grabbing my head in disbelief! I've never seen a performance like that, and the same goes to his YBW. I'm excited to see where JH will go next. 

At first we freaked out that he is doing a supporting role as Bang Won - maybe because of WOL. That role was a disappointment. But it turned out this supporting role (in my opinion) is more epic than the lead roles. It really seemed the veterans are leading the 3 young leads here. 

Also, isn't it interesting that JH focuses on relationships we regularly don't see much focus on? In Bad Papa the focus was on the relationship between father and daughter, instead of husband and wife. And here- his focus is on father and son... Come to think about it, in FTLY we saw him beautifully developing several unusual relationships- with the mother in law, with his "step mother", with his "brother", with his secretary... Hell, I will even add the lawyer and the gangster that searched for the tree... 

Yes, his insight to his roles blow our mind. He think very deeply. Usually people will focus on fighting as Bang Won but JH focus on his relationship on his father. Although I do want to see a little more fighting. I want to see him draw his sword and look angry. :grimace:His face is fierce when he is angry.  

Hahaha...I think he will not run so much in this show. Age catching up. :sweat_smile:

45 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hmm but I prefer Hwi with that previous shaggy hair, his face looks too chubby in this new look. 

6 years had past and Hwi had become a merchant. Got money to eat better food. Heeheehee! But I mean, this show moves fast in the sense that suddenly it is 6 years....at least inform the audience or did I miss it? No one grew older in 6 years except for Crown Prince. So this 1st revolution we will see Nam Jeon dead and Crown Prince dead? So Bang Gan takes the throne? Definitely Father has to come out to declare Bang Gan the next Crown Prince? 

36 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

his confrontation scene with his dad was just... NO WORDS. So powerful! It helped too that before that scene, they showed him genuinely concerned when his dad fainted and he quickly rushed up to hold him. It showed that he still cared for his father genuinely, only to have his father turn against him. And the scene where Hwi told him he did well, the flashback which reminded him of his own desperation to hear those same words from his father, just made the last 20 mins of the show super powerful. 

I think Bang Won last straw was when his father said he is just the #5 son out of #9 son. Not appreciated after all he had done for father. He even asked how long more father wants to use him? I am so happy Bang Won is finally angry.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

"After the sudden death of Queen Sindeok, and while King Taejo was still in mourning for his second wife, Yi Bang-won struck first by raiding the palace and killed Jeong Do-jeon and his supporters, as well as Queen Sindeok's two sons including the crown prince in 1398. This incident became known as the First Strife of Princes." from Wikipedia 

IMG-20191109-134926-779.jpgIMG-20191109-134926-780.jpg

Have you seen a more handsome warrior? :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Rem after the first episode I said I wanted a HD pic of BW in full armour? Looks like my wish is coming true !

15 minutes ago, budgerie said:

6 years had past and Hwi had become a merchant. Got money to eat better food. Heeheehee! But I mean, this show moves fast in the sense that suddenly it is 6 years....at least inform the audience or did I miss it? No one grew older in 6 years except for Crown Prince. So this 1st revolution we will see Nam Jeon dead and Crown Prince dead? So Bang Gan takes the throne? Definitely Father has to come out to declare Bang Gan the next Crown Prince? 

Yes there was a narrative written on top of the previous week's episode saying "6 years later, 1398, First Strife of the Princes'

The crown prince will be dead after the First Strife, but not too sure about Nam Jeon, since he is a fictitious character.

No, it's not Bang Gan who took the throne, it is Bang Gwa, the second brother,. He happened to be the oldest at that point of time becoz the eldest one is dead. So Bang-won nominated him to be the next King as he did not want to be seen as fighting the throne for himself. But for the 2 years which he reign, BW was the controller behind him. That's why he abdicated to BW after the Second Strife.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

IMG-20191109-134926-779.jpg

THIS IS LOOK IS EVERYTHING! The armor, the battlescars on his face.. makes him look even more attractive! I am 100% sure the eyebrow scar was JH's idea. He cares about details that much and I believe he is having satisfaction in showcasing this time how he wants to portray Bang Won. I'm so happy for him!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

THIS IS LOOK IS EVERYTHING! The armor, the battlescars on his face.. makes him look even more attractive! I am 100% sure the eyebrow scar was JH's idea. He cares about details that much and I believe he is having satisfaction in showcasing this time how he wants to portray Bang Won. I'm so happy for him!

I also like the contrast between the dark armor and surrounding and the light on JH face. Just a gorgeous look and capture! 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

And remember how many of his fans including some of us here, were so against him taking on this supporting role in the beginning ? Hehe.. I am happy for him too :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1