2 minutes ago, budgerie said:

If he is offered such a role with a good storyline, I wonder if he would accept it. A villain role is the hardest to act because he has to convince the audience to hate him. Getting us to hate him is very difficult. So it would be a big challenge for him to make us "hate" him in the drama.  :sweat_smile:

Have you seen him in movies "The Client" and "Ordinary Person"? He acted as the bad guy in these movies.

U see? Soompi segregate my 2 posts into separate ones when I tried to quote more than one person

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Not just muscles(pretty much all of Korean actors have them) it's his posture.

I think he always has prominent pecs and of course his chest-out posture makes it more obvious. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

U see? Soompi segregate my 2 posts into separate ones when I tried to quote more than one person

But I can multi quote in one post..strange . I just continued highlighting and quoting the part to reply. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, budgerie said:

The only k actor I watch is JH and Ji Jin Hee so I don't know about k actors having muscles/posture. Reason for liking both men is because both men love their wife very much :) Acting aside...

I really wish to see JH in a villain role. Do you think he would do roles such as a a rapist or a wife beater? I know of a C actor who will not do such role because the nature of it is being "cruel" to ladies. 

If he is offered such a role with a good storyline, I wonder if he would accept it. A villain role is the hardest to act because he has to convince the audience to hate him. Getting us to hate him is very difficult. So it would be a big challenge for him to make us "hate" him in the drama.  :sweat_smile:Asking him to act as a rapist maybe he can still do it but a wife beater, I think he will hesitate. He loves his wife very much, laying a hand on her is beyond imagination. I think it will be hard for him to act as a wife beater.

Instead of focusing to hate his character, I'm more mesmerized of how he bring the character to life. That's why I survive watching Midas that ppl consider boring. lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Yes that was what i meant

Oh, I just quote quote quote, when I finished, than I submit. But sometimes it doesn't work for me. 

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Have you seen him in movies "The Client" and "Ordinary Person"? He acted as the bad guy in these movies.

Seen but not "villain" enough for me. :sweatingbullets: I really want a character that makes me boil !!! Lol...

55 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Instead of focusing to hate his character, I'm more mesmerized of how he bring the character to life. That's why I survive watching Midas that ppl consider boring. lol. 

Midas was boring the 1st try for me. It took me 3 tries to finish the entire drama. I couldn't stand the character acted by Kim Hee Ae. She was whispering all the time and I get annoyed. Lee Min Jung is so pretty but she doesn't have chemistry with JH. Her acting is "stiff" at that time (2011). JH always bring his character to life. His acting is one level up compared to everyone else. 

I wonder if we will ever get to see 新海 (New sea) afterall. It is supposed to come out 2022 but I'm not optimistic. But JH looks good in the suits. I like him to wear suits that has 4 buttons at the waistline. Very smart looking.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

But I can multi quote in one post..strange . I just continued highlighting and quoting the part to reply. 

Soompi used to auto combine the posts for me but nowadays they don't

18 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh, I just quote quote quote, when I finished, than I submit. But sometimes it doesn't work for me. 

I wonder if we will ever get to see 新海 (New sea) afterall. It is supposed to come out 2022 but I'm not optimistic. But JH looks good in the suits. I like him to wear suits that has 4 buttons at the waistline. Very smart looking.   

Oh thank u ! Now I know how to do it, didn't know can quote many times first before 'submit reply' haha.. I used to submit reply after each quote and soompi combine for me.

New Sea? Nah, i have no hope for that anymore, don't think they even did post-production work on that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Seen but not "villain" enough for me. :sweatingbullets: I really want a character that makes me boil !!! Lol...

Lee Min Jung is so pretty but she doesn't have chemistry with JH.

Spoiler :  His character killed his wife in Client. It should be villian enough for you.:D

LMJ had plastic surgery. She used to look so different earlier. So did Lee Da Hae. So did Oh Yeon Soo. So did Jung Rye Won. 

But LDH admitted she did it. Only Jang Nara is natural beauty.lols

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

New Sea? Nah, i have no hope for that anymore, don't think they even did post-production work on that.

:bawling:I wonder if he got paid for filming NS. Swordsman is also taking forever. What's happening ya? Wonder if he got paid for BM too. There were some issues regarding payment I read. Hope it is resolved. 

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Spoiler :  His character killed his wife in Client. It should be villian enough for you.:D

LMJ had plastic surgery. She used to look so different earlier. So did Lee Da Hae. So did Oh Yeon Soo. So did Jung Rye Won. 

But LDH admitted she did it. Only Jang Nara is natural beauty.lols

:sweat_smile:but I didn't feel it was villain enough.

I don't read about celebrities doing plastic surgery so I don't know who went or didn't go under the knife. But I don't understand why some audience are so critical about celebrities going under the knife. In this industry, if you are not born with perfect features (especially ladies), you don't get noticed, you don't get good roles. That's a fact. Audience want to see their lead actress pretty, slim, sexy, long hair - what else? 

For men, tall, masculine, handsome, hot - what else? JH is not extremely tall but he got the face and the physique and the hotness. But these days the younger actors all look like flower boys. 

LMJ is really pretty in Midas. She looks like a doll sometimes. Wish she could act better. 

I prefer the old LDH though. As in Daegil time or Robbers time. 

Oh Yeon Seo looks prettier when she acted in drama 同伊 (Dong Yi). 

JNR is baby face. Despite her age, she can still act a young lady role. She's 38. 

I like Honey Lee. She was Ms Universe 3rd Runner Up in 2007. I like her in SOGC. 

• Like 2

While waiting for ep 7 of My Country to come out, let's gossip a little bit about JH leading actress. :DPut JNR aside because we already know she produces chemistry with him. Who else do you think can produce chemistry with him? 

I feel that Yeo Eun who acted as his wife in Bad Papa, if given a chance to act lovers with him, I think can produce chemistry too. In BPP she was the estranged wife and the relationship isn't smooth. But she seems very comfortable acting as his wife. No awkwardness. Lee Mi Suk (hahaha) definitely can! 

If Soo Ae is to act lovers with him, do you think they can produce chemistry? They acted in Flu but that wasn't a romance drama. I'm trying to imagine but I can't come up with any conclusion. 

I'm not too sure about Hyo Jin also. They acted in Thank You but it wasn't a romance drama. But he has good chemistry with Shin Ae (little girl) :lol:

But I know for sure he didn't have chemistry with Min Jung (Midas), Se Young (BM), Park So Dam (BM), Se Kyung (Tree) and Chae Ah (Merchant). This is my personal view.

In Midas and BM, Min Jung and Se Young character are going to marry Kim Do Hyun/Dr Lee Young Oh. But when they are together, they don't have the lovey dovey feeling. I wonder is it korea culture is like this?

PSD is such a sweet girl in BM but I can't relate to her dating Dr Lee. The feel of a student dating an Uncle. :sweat_smile:

What's your feel about LDH and Oh Yeon Seo and Rye Won? I feel that the vet in WOL if given a chance to act lovers, I think can produce chemistry too. Lol. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Hope it is resolved. 

:sweat_smile:but I didn't feel it was villain enough.

But I don't understand why some audience are so critical about celebrities going under the knife. In this industry, if you are not born with perfect features (especially ladies), you don't get noticed, you don't get good roles. That's a fact. Audience want to see their lead actress pretty, slim, sexy, long hair - what else? 

LMJ is really pretty in Midas. 

I prefer the old LDH though.

I like Honey Lee. She was Ms Universe 3rd Runner Up in 2007. 

I think he must have been payed for New Sea in advance and he might have been paid for the rest by now. He has lot of money don't worry.-_-

So hitting wife is more brutal than killing wife? :sweatingbullets:

This is true that beauty is important for an entertainer and plastic surgery is prevalent in every entertainment industry of the world. But many roles also require 'plain' looking people. Infact I think 'average' looking people get best of both of the worlds. They can look 'plain' as well as 'pretty' according to the requirement of the character.

I'm ambivalent about practice of plastic surgery but I still judge a person's beauty based on his or her original look. :lol:

LMJ was pretty before surgery too. She had square jaw but seems like Koreans don't consider it pretty. 

I'm talking about LDH's pre-debute look.

Honey Lee is the most gorgeous Korean woman in the world.:blush:

• Like 2

I think he must have been payed for New Sea in advance and he might have been paid for the rest by now. He has lot of money don't worry.-_-

Yes he has a building :smiley:

So hitting wife is more brutal than killing wife? :sweatingbullets:

Haha, we are talking about dramaland. Kill wife is only once but hitting wife can hit for many times so yes, I would like to see him take a role that is abusive, a jerk. :sweat:

This is true that beauty is important for an entertainer and plastic surgery is prevalent in every entertainment industry of the world. But many roles also require 'plain' looking people. Infact I think 'average' looking people get best of both of the worlds. They can look 'plain' as well as 'pretty' according to the requirement of the character.

I'm ambivalent about practice of plastic surgery but I still judge a person's beauty based on his or her original look. :lol:

Yes, if you are average looking, you can act plain Jane or with make up, transform into a beauty. But these days, I'm sure most female celebs go under the knife before they debut so that the audience are not able to tell the difference. 

LMJ was pretty before surgery too. She had square jaw but seems like Koreans don't consider it pretty. 

I'm talking about LDH's pre-debute look.

Honey Lee is the most gorgeous Korean woman in the world.:blush:

At Midas, was she after plastic surgery or before? I thought she was real pretty in Midas. When LDH acted in Daegil and Robbers, it was before her surgery right? She looked quite different from her look in Iris or maybe because age caught up abit. 

Yes, I really like Honey Lee in SOGC although many people dislike her character. But as what she said, she grew up in a palace, either you kill or be killed. It's a survival tactic. I was quite sad she didn't get lots screen time with Wang So. She and Wang So are very poor thing but living in that era, you have no choice. Marry without love. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, budgerie said:

At Midas, was she after plastic surgery or before? I thought she was real pretty in Midas. When LDH acted in Daegil and Robbers, it was before her surgery right? She looked quite different from her look in Iris or maybe because age caught up abit. 

LDH in Daegil or Slave Hunter is after her surgery. I think she's cuter when she act in My Girl and Robbers. at least I dont distract with how difference her face at that time. lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

OMG, is right! I don't even know what to say about these pictures... They're almost too much- too sensual, too intimate... like we're not supposed to see them... :sweatingbullets:

Would you say that this is the most sensual that we've seen JH being? 

I wonder why it took Sidus so long to release them... :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, yoeda said:

LDH in Daegil or Slave Hunter is after her surgery. I think she's cuter when she act in My Girl and Robbers. at least I dont distract with how difference her face at that time. lol

Er yes, I like her face in Robbers. I thought she looked fine in Chuno. Not much changes. 

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Pic posted by actress Kim Gyu-ri.

According to the news, she drew the fan he used it in the drama.

Look at the table, lots of prop food for JH to eat. :yum:

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

OMG, is right! I don't even know what to say about these pictures... They're almost too much- too sensual, too intimate... like we're not supposed to see them... :sweatingbullets:

Would you say that this is the most sensual that we've seen JH being? 

I love those dreamy eyes. The one on the sofa with his leg propped up is very sensual. :wub: 

• Like 5

Woosh! Can't wait for ep 7 to come. So excited! I hope the girl will decide to work for Bang Won. Liking his interactions with her and liking his interactions with his father. Since it's only 16 episodes (am I right is 16?), let's not waste time on unnecessary scenes but get straight to the point where stepmother is gone and BW kills the people he needed to kill in order to rise up to the throne. :sweat_smile:But since it's only 16 eps, don't know whether the drama will show his other bro take the throne first or not. 

• Like 2