5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Now, this is more like it :) a new teaser for "My country". Now to wait for the translation... 

Here u go, but only JH's part since it was done by a JH's fan haha

YSG = Yi Sung-gye (the father)

NJ = Nam Jeon (the father's official)

YBW = Yi Bang-won (JH) 

Btw Han Shin and Baek Ki were famous Chinese military generals (Han Xin and Bai Qi) who helped their kings.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

WTH! So JH's has no direct connection to any of the main characters? and yet he seems to be the fourth major character... This is so odd... 

I also finds it odd..maybe it is the writer style of weaving  two or more storylines that are linked by a theme, in this case, fighting for their own "country".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@azureblue7Wanna ask you, do you still have the WIN WIN - episode 6 that he sent a love message to his wife. Yunetai channel doesn't have it (anymore). Sorry for the trouble...:blush: 

I tried searching the links I used to open previously..but they don't work anymore too! So sad!

I saved some clips on IG. Here's snippets of the ep.

Spoiler

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

WTH! So JH's has no direct connection to any of the main characters? and yet he seems to be the fourth major character... This is so odd... 

Maybe he does have a connection with the female lead, but that was a spoiler not supposed to be revealed, so they removed it. I dont think that big obvious line down in the middle earlier had been drawn 'accidentally'. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Jang Hyuk explores humanistic side of bloodthirsty prince in My Country

jhyukcountrya2.jpg

More promo for the upcoming sageuk My Country has been released, prominently featuring Jang Hyuk (Greasy Melo). The drama is set in a time of political upheaval, as Goryeo falls and Joseon rises from its ashes. Three courageous individuals with different, but equally strong beliefs begin to shape this new world with their respective visions.

To give a bit of historical context, General Yi Seong-gye becomes the first king of Joseon when he takes power by staging a coup against the last of the Goryeo kings. He is styled as King Taejo, founder of the Joseon dynasty. Yi Bang-won, who will be played by Jang Hyuk, is the most ambitious of Yi Seong-gye’s sons who helps his father cement his rule of Joseon.

The new poster featuring the main trio says: “During Joseon’s fetal stages, they were there.” Yang Se-jong (Temperature of Love) plays the son of one of General Yi Seong-gye’s top commanders. Woo Do-hwan (The Great Seducer) plays Yang Se-jong’s friend who is unable to become a military official because of his commonborn background. Finally, Seolhyun (Orange Marmalade) completes the trio, as the young woman who has a strong sense of justice.

But let’s focus on Jang Hyuk for a moment—his hair is giving me chills, bringing me back to his Chuno days, and I’m so stoked. It looks like the drama is going to take a whole new perspective on Yi Bang-won, one of the most fascinating characters in Korean history for his bloody massacre of his siblings during his rise to power.

Yi Bang-won has already been portrayed by many films and dramas, with Yoo Ah-in’s Six Flying Dragons being a particularly memorable portrayal. In fact, Jang Hyuk has played the character before too in his movie Empire of Lust, so it’ll be interesting how his acting will differ in My Country.

According to Jang Hyuk, My Country’s Yi Bang-won is a character who hides his vulnerable, pitiful self behind a sword. Although it looks like plain ambition from the outside, Jang Hyuk wanted to portray his inner humanistic sides too. By exploring and interpreting the relationships Yi Bang-won has with others, Jang Hyuk wanted to show Yi Bang-won’s human emotions. Especially, he tried to show the perspective of a son’s relationship with his father, and the circumstances that surrounded his actions.

JTBC Friday-Saturday drama My Country begins airing on October 4.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/jang-hyuk-explores-humanistic-side-of-bloodthirsty-prince-in-my-country/

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

This article might clarify a bit more JH's role in the show, as this a quote from “This is a project we prepared over a long period of time and includes lots of stories, so please anticipate it. I put my all into acting.”

Maybe he means that the show's structure is more like Chuno's, that had several separate stories told within? 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354961wpp/jang-hyuk-charges-towards-a-new-world-in-first-glimpse-for-my-country

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Jang Hyuk Charges Towards A New World In First Glimpse For “My Country”

d4bc6ea4c3774b5e8cadd0b273c78f70.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “My Country” has provided an intense first look at Jang Hyuk in the upcoming drama!

“My Country” takes place between the end of the Goryeo Dynasty and the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty and tells the story of the conflicts that arise due to people’s desire for power and protection. It stars Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Jang Hyuk.

The newly-released images show Jang Hyuk immersed in his role as Lee Bang Won. The veteran actor ups the tension with his fierce gaze and powerful aura. He pulls off a variety of expressions with ease, from his cold stare with his face stained with blood to his concentrated eyes as he mulls over a document. Viewers are looking forward to seeing the central role he will play in the chaotic events of the drama.

Jang Hyuk is playing Lee Bang Won for the second time through “My Country,” having previously portrayed the historical figure in the 2015 film “The Age of Innocence.” He said about his role, “I felt that the Lee Bang Won in ‘My Country’ hides his sorrow behind his sword. On the surface, he projects his ambitions, but I wanted to show the human side underneath. I decided to look at his relationship with Lee Sung Kye from the perspective of a son approaching his father.” He concluded by adding, “This is a project we prepared over a long period of time and includes lots of stories, so please anticipate it. I put my all into acting.”

“My Country” premieres on October 4 at 10:50 p.m.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354961wpp/jang-hyuk-charges-towards-a-new-world-in-first-glimpse-for-my-country

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I doubt we can watch it live due to restrictions of rights. But we can probably watch snippets of it and the bts on JTBC website at http://mtv.jtbc.joins.com/mycountry

I would try the standard links that we have been using to watch live and see how it turns out.

What time will it be on 4th oct? 

2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I would try the standard links that we have been using to watch live and see how it turns out.

What time will it be on 4th oct? 

Hi!! Welcome back! I tried AQstream but it didnt work. Unless you dont mind watching raw and 1 hour later, you can try Marutv.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, budgerie said:

I just realised the timing! :( Do you know where we can watch this? Dailymotion?

It will be available on Netflix with English subs,, but I am not sure which episode will JH appear from, since there will be kids stories of the other leads in the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Hi!! Welcome back! I tried AQstream but it didnt work. Unless you dont mind watching raw and 1 hour later, you can try Marutv.

Yes, I won’t mind Becos knowing myself I may just skip certain portion to get to JH :)))) 

look at those eyes!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

It will be available on Netflix with English subs,, but I am not sure which episode will JH appear from, since there will be kids stories of the other leads in the beginning.

Thanks for the info! No (kid) stories of YBW? Oh man, when is JH gonna appear on screen? 

38 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Yes, I won’t mind Becos knowing myself I may just skip certain portion to get to JH :)))

Ikr...just looking at his face is enough. That picture with the untidy hairstyle and bloodstained face is just so handsome! :wub:Of all his drama, I think the hairstyle I cannot stand the most is Iris hairstyle and FTLY hairstyle (the longer hair). This hair looks good on him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2