I came across all the English dubbed clips here and there from Real Man, Win Win, Carefree Travellers and watched his appearance in Mom's Diary. I really enjoy watching all parts where he talks about his wife and family. It is so heartwarming when he shows in his subtle natural ways of how much he adores and appreciates his family. From all the interviews and reality shows, one can see that he is such a sincere person and he treats everyone well. Best of all, he remembers his family while he is filming these shows. He mentioned he would want to bring his wife to Grand Canyon next time, or even just a subtle introduction that his wife enjoys watching Mom's Diary programme.

Gosh, I am shipping JH and his wife so much. It is driving me crazy because firstly, there isn't even a picture of him and his wife/ family (except for those few wedding pics). I mean, I am shipping a couple merely from what he communicates across about his family. If I have such a popular, successful and handsome actor as a husband, how on earth could I stay low in profile and not want the whole world to know I am the wife? I hope his wife is not the type that shies away from even going out and being seen with JH. I want them to be a normal family and couple, going out as usual together. It is sad to think that the family are avoiding being in public doing what normal family does just because they want to avoid the media, you know what I mean? Maybe I am being superficial, but I can't help but to hope his wife is still an attractive woman in her own rights. As a former dancer and pilates instructor, she would still believe in upkeeping her appearance, right? JH likes to exercise and maintain his body image, she would be the same too, right? I suppose from the fact that she could give birth and still look good for the wedding, does tell a lot, right?

Alright, I should focus on JH's acting, than thinking about his personal life and family...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

hope his wife is not the type that shies away from even going out and being seen with JH. I want them to be a normal family and couple, going out as usual together. It is sad to think that the family are avoiding being in public doing what normal family does just because they want to avoid the media, you know what I mean

I don't think his family shies away from going out with him. I have read Naver blogs where people wrote that they saw him going for vacations with his family (and parents) , theme parks and recently he went to support his elder son's soccer match (he was spotted 3 times before that)  and brought his 2 kids to enjoy a meal at a simple restaurant. I guess the general public respect his privacy and fans don't post pics of him with his family knowing him.

18 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH seems a bit more serious lately, no? Or maybe he's just uncomfortable... But I will say- I love that hair style! His whole current style, in fact (except for the pants. Why on earth are they so short?!). I so wan't a modern character with this look!

Yes..I also find him looking more serious too. Maybe he is just tired.  Hope to see more of his smiles.. missing that a lot.

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

The scenery looks very nice for camping! I am imagining his kids running around the open field. He and wife seeping wine & watching the kids :expressionless:

or maybe he will be exercising..haha.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I really enjoy watching all parts where he talks about his wife and family. It is so heartwarming when he shows in his subtle natural ways of how much he adores and appreciates his family.

Truly a family man at heart. Work is work. After work is family. 

If I have such a popular, successful and handsome actor as a husband, how on earth could I stay low in profile and not want the whole world to know I am the wife? 

None of us is in his shoes or in his wife's shoes, so we will never know the "inconveniences" and "lack of privacy" a celebrity and his family needs to endure when outdoor. They've lived as a family for 11 years, surely they have their ways of going out without much public attention. As for not disclosing who his wife is, in 1 interview i read, he said that he wanted to protect her because she isn't a celebrity and is not used to having her life exposed to the public.

but I can't help but to hope his wife is still an attractive woman in her own rights. 

Even if his wife is no longer attractive, I believe he will still love her as he used to. No one stays attractive forever, more so for women as she goes through childbirth, looking after the children, etc. Looking after 3 children with a husband who is almost not at home most of the time would have taken its toil on her physically too. I think it would be unrealistic to expect her to look "tip top" condition when she has to care for 3 children. I'm not saying that she isn't attractive but what I'm saying is that, I believe he truly loves his wife - before, now and after.  

Alright, I should focus on JH's acting, than thinking about his personal life and family...

You came from FTLY where he was so "in love" there. His "in love" must have impacted you that you're wondering if he is a faithful husband in real life. Am I right? (Don't scold me if I'm wrong). :D Some audience are even worse, wishing he wasn't married, wishing he would be with the actress in real life and I even read comments asking him to divorce. :tears: I can only say to these fans, if you're his fan, respect him and who he chooses as his wife. 

Btw, have you started on Money Flower yet? If the genre is right for you, you'll fall hard for his character there too. :DI did. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

recently he went to support his elder son's soccer match 

I can imagine his excitement when his son scores a goal. :P

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes..I also find him looking more serious too. Maybe he is just tired.  Hope to see more of his smiles.. missing that a lot.

Maybe he isn't comfortable with the interviewer.

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

or maybe he will be exercising..haha.

Ya, the surrounding is nice for family relaxation. 3 generation family holiday will be nice. Hahaha!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Even if his wife is no longer attractive, I believe he will still love her as he used to. No one stays attractive forever, more so for women as she goes through childbirth, looking after the children, etc. Looking after 3 children with a husband who is almost not at home most of the time would have taken its toil on her physically too. I think it would be unrealistic to expect her to look "tip top" condition when she has to care for 3 children. I'm not saying that she isn't attractive but what I'm saying is that, I believe he truly loves his wife - before, now and after.  

Generally people at his age don't think this way. They look more for stability in a relationship. They need partner who are like supportive and reliable friends. You can see men often get married to Aphrodites and still cheat and divorce. Physical beauty fades away and it would be extremely ungracious of a man if he desires multiple children and physically attractive wife at same time. 

Then there is also love of children to look forward to and parental responsibilty itself keeps stray thoughts away from mind. 

I've read his very old interviews where he said he wants to get married and have multiple children by 40. He also said he doesn't care at all about look of his future woman but about  feelings and chemistry.  It was before he even met his wife. So we can safely say(if he was not lying) even back then he was thinking about living similiar life.

Being a celebrity it's even tougher to find a right life-partner. If his character is as sincere as he shows in front of camera then I'm sure he must be living a happy marital life.

Except this I don't like thinking much about personal lives of the celebrities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Generally people at his age don't think this way. They look more for stability in a relationship. They need partner who are like supportive and reliable friends. You can see men often get married to Aphrodites and still cheat and divorce. Physical beauty fades away and it would be extremely ungracious of a man if he desires multiple children and physically attractive wife at same time. 

Then there is also love of children to look forward to and parental responsibilty itself keeps stray thoughts away from mind. 

I've read his very old interviews where he said he wants to get married and have multiple children by 40. He also said he doesn't care at all about look of his future woman but about  feelings and chemistry.  It was before he even met his wife. So we can safely say(if he was not lying) even back then he was thinking about living similiar life.

Being a celebrity it's even tougher to find a right life-partner. If his character is as sincere as he shows in front of camera then I'm sure he must be living a happy marital life.

Except this I don't like thinking much about personal lives of the celebrities.

I remembered reading an article where he said his wife is a deep friend. It's the same article which he said life will be too hard without his wife. I think that article was after MF or during MF which is pretty recent.  

Actually I feel, whether he is a celebrity or non celebrity, he is still a normal human man. His views on marriage could also be from his upbringing. He had said in interviews that his father was always away and he had always missed his father. Hence, he knew the feelings of his children when he isn't around. And his wife and his mother have something in common, both their husband are not always at home. When he saw his mother missing his father, I am sure (when he got married) he can also understand his wife feelings.

Hence I said, even if someday his wife is no longer attractive, I believe he will still love her as he used to or as he has always been. I am sure he treasures their life together, the good times, the struggling times and the bad times. Agree with you wholeheartedly @fiesty8001

• Like 2

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I don't think his family shies away from going out with him. I have read Naver blogs where people wrote that they saw him going for vacations with his family (and parents) , theme parks and recently he went to support his elder son's soccer match (he was spotted 3 times before that)  and brought his 2 kids to enjoy a meal at a simple restaurant. I guess the general public respect his privacy and fans don't post pics of him with his family knowing him.

I have to say I'm super impressed with how respectful JH's fans are of him. I think I've seen only once or twice a picture of JH with his kids posted, but those pictures are never reposted or spread, which is very rare for a fandom. Also, I was impressed by how there were no pictures posted from the last fan meeting JH had in Japan after the organizers asked the audience not to take any. In a similar situation with an american celebrity that I followed, not only were pictures posted but the whole thing was filmed and posted. It seems like JH's fans are as respectful as he is. You can see that respect here , in how people are very careful not to discuss his private life too much. Very impressive

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have to say I'm super impressed with how respectful JH's fans are of him. I think I've seen only once or twice a picture of JH with his kids posted, but those pictures are never reposted or spread, which is very rare for a fandom. Also, I was impressed by how there were no pictures posted from the last fan meeting JH had in Japan after the organizers asked the audience not to take any. In a similar situation with an american celebrity that I followed, not only were pictures posted but the whole thing was filmed and posted. It seems like JH's fans are as respectful as he is. You can see that respect here , in how people are very careful not to discuss his private life too much. Very impressive

I agree! It’s amazing to see how not many pictures of his personal life are shown at all throughout the years, something not easy if you’re such a big celebrity. 

And I can definitely sense the maturity of his fans here! 

I remember there was a variety show where he talked about how he wanted to marry his wife and the process he went through, you could see how resolute and single-minded he was in starting a family . Not letting the external environment affect him - be it his extended family’s views, his management company’s opinions, or the general public’s perception. (Can’t remember the show, but I think it was quite long ago around 2013/2014? The setting was like in a traditional Korean house) 

A lot of Korean celebrities (men especially) are often pressured about dating news getting out or I imagine getting married even if they really wanted to, because they might be deem less “attractive” after. 

Its great that JH is different in not yielding to such pressure, and I’m sure he is glad that he has a wonderful wife and family to care for, keep him grounded and a home to return to when he is faced with the crazy pressures of the entertainment world!! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

In a similar situation with an american celebrity that I followed, not only were pictures posted but the whole thing was filmed and posted. 

Not sure about K media - maybe they're more respectful of celebrity privacy. 

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I remember there was a variety show where he talked about how he wanted to marry his wife and the process he went through, you could see how resolute and single-minded he was in starting a family . Not letting the external environment affect him - be it his extended family’s views, his management company’s opinions, or the general public’s perception. (Can’t remember the show, but I think it was quite long ago around 2013/2014? The setting was like in a traditional Korean house) 

Knee Drop Guru? 

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

A lot of Korean celebrities (men especially) are often pressured about dating news getting out or I imagine getting married even if they really wanted to, because they might be deem less “attractive” after. 

Or they're afraid their fanatic fans might do something rash. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

If I'm not mistaken, JH said that that was why they got pregnant first. He said that both his parents and managers objected to him getting married. So they simply got pregnant to make their relationship a done deal :) They got married after their son was born. 

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

There is the interview JH did along with the cast of Chuno, in which one of the guys mentioned that JH got married just when he got hot, and they were kinda teasing him about it- 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

There is the interview JH did along with the cast of Chuno, in which one of the guys mentioned that JH got married just when he got hot, and they were kinda teasing him about it- 

Thanks for this! It’s my first time watching him on this variety show, glad there are subs! he does seem very contented and love how he is always proud of his family. This was a very funny section in the show haha. But I don’t understand why were they splashing water on the celebs? 

8 hours ago, budgerie said:

Knee Drop Guru? 

Yes I think that’s the one! 

You guys really know his shows in and out!! :D I can’t wait to catch up on the variety shows. Do you guys know where I can look for subbed ones? It’s hard to find subbed variety shows especially those which are already so many years ago. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Thanks for this! It’s my first time watching him on this variety show, glad there are subs! he does seem very contented and love how he is always proud of his family. This was a very funny section in the show haha. But I don’t understand why were they splashing water on the celebs? 

I don't know why they were splashing the guys with water- I think it's whoever laughs, gets splashed, or something. I actually don't like this specific episode cause they teased JH so much he actually got angry here. It's one of the only occasions I saw him get this aggravated, but he is so easy going, that he calm down very fast. 

If this is your first time of seeing JH in a variety show, then you are in for a treat! JH has so many fun appearances. I think the fun ones started when he was doing Chuno (I havn't seen anything from before the army), back then he was so shy and uncomfortable, and serious :)... but the more he did them, the more he got to know the people involved in them, and the more comfortable he got, though he's the most comfortable with his friends. It's fascinating to see his progression. 

You can find several appearances on Youtube, like this very nice interview- he's so cute here :), I love how in the second part you get to see serious sincere JH... there is something so gentle in his interactions with people -   

You can also find a recent show he did with his friends, also very cute, just search "Dragon's Club: Overgrown Bromance" on youtube.

And of course there is "Real man" show he did, but only the two first episodes he did were subbed (ep 9-10). You can find all of his episodes on Youtube

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

actually don't like this specific episode cause they teased JH so much he actually got angry here. It's one of the only occasions I saw him get this aggravated, but he is so easy going, that he calm down very fast. 

I remembered seeing this. Can't recall what they teased him and he got "upset". 

Another time I saw him "upset" was in a talk show, around 2013 if I am not wrong, the host/participants teased him endlessly about not wanting to go home (implying marital problems) and although he tried to explain, the teasing got more. In the end he said "I love my family" (according to chinese subtitle) but his face was "upset".  

Yes true, he calmed down very fast after that. To a certain extent, I get annoyed when people over teased him. Yes, is for the quality and entertainment of the show but there is a limit to teasing too. When someone is already uncomfortable, don't go overboard. B)

• Like 1