56 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson He might start growing his hair right after he finishes filming? He probably has confidence his hair will grow fast (it kinda does, I remember how impressed Gumi and I were at the rate his hair grew while filming Real Men) On the other hand, maybe the new sageuk’s character doesn’t show his hair much? (I will CRY!) but what if he wears one of those funny bunny hats all the time? :cry: (Nooooooooo!) 

Manifesting Jang Hyuk’s general character wearing luscious long hair and finding all the excuses to let it lose lol 

And once again, we get back to Hyuk’s fandom favorite subject: hair 

Oh no...! Then I will propose to have many scenes where his hat always falls off, exposing his luscious beautiful hair...either by arrows or whatever...hahaha

• LOL 3

58 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson He might start growing his hair right after he finishes filming? He probably has confidence his hair will grow fast (it kinda does, I remember how impressed Gumi and I were at the rate his hair grew while filming Real Men) On the other hand, maybe the new sageuk’s character doesn’t show his hair much? (I will CRY!) but what if he wears one of those funny bunny hats all the time? :cry: (Nooooooooo!) 

Oh, no! Please not those silly looking bunny hats! I want a sexy character, with his natural hair. Please!!!! :sparklyeyes:

Manifesting Jang Hyuk’s general character wearing luscious long hair and finding all the excuses to let it lose lol 

I'm with you!! Let it be so!

And once again, we get back to Hyuk’s fandom favorite subject: hair 

Exactly! When we don't don't talk about his other features, that is :D

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Prettysup said:

This one? Youtube has many other segments of it, just search SNL Jang Hyuk

Yes, this one. I've watched some videos but I wanted to know if the complete episode is available somewhere. But thank you! :heartxoxo:

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 3:42 AM, Prettysup said:

Dunno where this pic comes from.. hope to see 'Tomb of the River' soon..

I wonder if it will be released during the Gangneung International Film Festival (GIFF)  that is scheduled from Oct 22-31?

I think it's Screencap from that "omniscient interfering view" episode where they showed them shooting a scene.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

filming that is that long I guess means that there will battle scenes, no? Chuno's filming and MC was as long?

Not sure about Chuno but I think MC was quite long too.. well at least this time he will be in the poster I guess? Haha

3 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

I think it's Screencap from that "omniscient interfering view" episode where they showed them shooting a scene.

Oh thanks.. the one they interviewed Oh Dae hwan?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

filming that is that long I guess means that there will battle scenes, no? Chuno's filming and MC was as long?

Maybe. Dramas have been taken longer to film though with the new labor rules and COVID protocols. I know two recent jtbc dramas took eight months to film, and they were not sageuks. 

• Like 4

Randomly found this post of an interview with the director of MC- Kim Jin Won: Interview with Kankoku TV Drama vol. 97 (Aug 2020)
The part about JH:
-- There is one more main character: what is the story behind casting Jang Hyuk for the role of Yi Bang-won?
KJW: This casting was also very stressful. This drama was so nerve-wracking that you could say casting took up more than half the effort. In particular, Yi Bang-won is a figure that symbolizes this era, so I want an actor with a powerful presence to play the role. Otherwise, the scale will shrink and Yi Bang Won’s charisma as he faces the main characters will disappear in the second half. If you watch the drama, you’ll know that Yi Bang-won is involved in everything: he is in conflict with Seon-ho; he develops a close rapport with Hwi; and he fights for power with Yi Seong-gye and Nam Jeon. It requires an actor with profound emotions. The first person who came to mind was Jang Hyuk.
-- While filming, when was the moment that you thought ‘as expected’?
KJW: Jang Hyuk can dominate the screen with just the look in his eyes, without having to say a word. Also, he is as erudite as a historian, so I had an easy time as the director. The most memorable scene is the one with his father, Yi Seong-gye (played by Kim Yeong-cheol). In the scene where the two of them argued over the throne, initially I thought they would show a top-down hierarchy between a father and son. However, after rehearsal, Jang Hyuk and Kim Yeong-cheol were able to portray their relationship on equal footing. Man versus man. There was no discussion, it was a spontaneous expression. I could clearly see that Yi Bang-won was facing his father as a man. I thought it was excellent.
-- From the young to the veteran, the appeal of the actors was outstanding, and I enjoyed the male friendships.
KJW: First of all, what’s wonderful about Kim Yeong-cheol and An Nae-sang is that anyone who performs alongside those two ends up looking better. They only have to stand on the side, and it makes the other person look cool. Even Jang Hyuk, who is already strong enough, doubled in appeal when he was with them. After that, Jang Hyuk gave a lot of advice to his juniors. In the drama he was taciturn, but in reality he is quite talkative (laugh). Whenever he thought he didn’t have to be on set, he was always talking to his juniors by the side of the car that was used as the make-up room. Male friendships are good, but it’s just that I wanted to show more romance.
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4