Jang Hyuk, “The Child Who Can Die"...Reunited with Swordsman Director 

Actor Jang Hyuk will be reunited with director Choi Jae-hoon of the movie "The Swordsman" and will return with an upgraded chase action.

According to his agency Sidus HQ on the 8th, Jang Hyuk will appear in the movie "The Child Who Can Die" (director Choi Jae-hoon).

The movie "The Child Who Can Die" is a film of Bang Jin-ho's novel of the same name and tells the story of a retired killer who uses violence to protect an adolescent girl who gets entrusted to him suddenly.

Jang Hyuk plays the role of a professional killer Eui Kang, who is a retired killer now enjoying a leisurely life, giving a thrilling catharsis with cheerful action.

"Eui Kang looks dry on the outside, but he's passionate on the inside," said Jang Hyuk. "I hope the process of overcoming his inner trauma while righting a wrong situation, will be expressed in a refreshing way," he said. "Since the genre is action, I have been thinking a lot about showing various and new styles of action. We are working hard to prepare for an action movie that can present a new and fresh style, so please look forward to it."

Meanwhile, "The Child Who Can Die" is scheduled to start filming in June.

2021060810220868519_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk, “The Child Who Can Die"...Reunited with Swordsman Director 

Finally more news articles! I was wondering why there was only one news article previously. Guess it was not officially announced by his agency yet. So we can look forward to more news to his new historical  drama.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Finally more news articles! I was wondering why there was only one news article previously. Guess it was not officially announced by his agency yet. So we can look forward to more news to his new historical  drama.

Yeap normally there will be an official one by the agency. Guess they will be announcing the other cast soon. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Soompi actually has an English article on the news today, and also on their facebook and twitter pages.

Jang Hyuk Confirmed To Star As Lead Of New Action Film

536b79d52226490786de3c727e9d7584.jpeg?s=

Jang Hyuk is confirmed to return with a new action film!

The actor has been cast in the upcoming film “The Child Who Deserves to Die” (literal title), which will be directed by Choi Jae Hoon of “The Swordsman.” The film is based on a novel of the same name written by Bang Jin Ho and tells a story about a retired killer who gets swept up in a case while using violence to protect an adolescent girl he suddenly becomes in charge of. Jang Hyuk will be playing Eui Kang, who once used to be a professional killer but is now enjoying a leisurely life. The actor will deliver catharsis to viewers with the film’s refreshing and thrilling action.

Jang Hyuk shared, “The role of Eui Kang that I’ve taken on is a character who seems dry on the outside but is fiery on the inside. I hope the process of him overcoming his trauma and changing the messed up environment is portrayed in a refreshingly straightforward manner, and I’m thinking a lot about ways to show a diverse and new style of action since the genre is action. I’m working hard to prepare for an action film in which I can present a new and fresh style, so please anticipate it a lot.”

“The Child Who Deserves to Die” will begin filming in June.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473526wpp/jang-hyuk-confirmed-to-star-as-lead-of-new-action-film

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

19 hours ago, budgerie said:

Obviously the scriptwriter doesn't know (very much) that cops are supposed to be smarter (hahaha) or alert or whatever it is. Have you watched Beautiful Mind? In the early episodes, the role of the Traffic Policewoman (the FL) really got me boiled up. Seemed like the scriptwriter doesn't know the difference in duties of a TP vs that of a Criminal Detective.

Are you surprised if CTH mocked JH? Frankly, I'm not. CTH has always given me the impression he's "jealous" . Whether intentionally or not intentionally, constantly harping on the same stale joke is not gentlemanly. Who doesn't have a humble beginning? Even we (who are non artistes) probably also have our own humble beginning. But to constantly bring it out to talk about it, is stale.

Hahaha you're Right about the FL in BM, it took me so long to like that character hehe

I'm not really surprised about CTH, I just still can't understand How can he openly be so annoying and unpleasant And horrible sometimes.

JH is an extremely loyal person to keep this friendship, I know it's their culture but JH goes through a lot, CTH is so toxic sometimes... :(

• Like 2

I thought it was a drama and I got sooooooo excited. I was gonna request @Prettysup or @azureblue7  to  create a thread... with a pretty please. But wait...... what new kdrama????

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

So we have 2 movies and 1 drama to look forward to !

Is there a thread already for the new kdrama?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

Hahaha you're Right about the FL in BM, it took me so long to like that character hehe

IKR. Could it also be 1 of the reason(s) why the rating wasn't good or the viewership wasn't good - I'm guessing. People really have to get past those annoying episodes but if anyone who isn't JH fans or isn't the FL fans, how many people would want to sit through those silly episodes.

2 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

I'm not really surprised about CTH, I just still can't understand How can he openly be so annoying and unpleasant And horrible sometimes.

JH is an extremely loyal person to keep this friendship, I know it's their culture but JH goes through a lot, CTH is so toxic sometimes... :(

I'm sure in our circle of friends we've also come across people who masked their jealousy behind a smile or behind a laughter. JH is loyal to all his friendship & relationship - to a certain extent naive to think that everyone will be the same as him but in actual fact, not everyone values friendship like he does.

• Like 2

GWSN’s Anne Cast In Upcoming Action Film With Jang Hyuk

Jun 8, 2021
by C. Hong

GWSN’s Anne (real name: Lee Seo Young) has been cast in the film “The Child Who Deserves to Die” (literal translation).

On June 9, her agency, The Wave Music, confirmed, “Anne (Lee Seo Young) has been cast in the lead role of Kim Yoon Ji in the film ‘The Child Who Deserves to Die,’ which begins filming this month.”

Based on a novel of the same name by Bang Jin Ho, “The Child Who Deserves to Die” is about what happens when a retired professional killer named Bang Eui Kang is suddenly put in charge of an adolescent girl. Jang Hyuk has been cast as Bang Eui Kang, and the film will be directed by Choi Jae Hoon (“The Swordsman”).

Anne’s character, Kim Yoon Ji, is an ordinary high school student, but she has a lot of hidden scars because she has no one she can depend on. After her unexpected meeting with Bang Eui Kang, she will heal some of her inner pain.

Anne stated, “I’m working hard to prepare in order to express in detail Yoon Ji’s emotions and innocence in the film. I’ll work hard so that many people can enjoy the movie and the character of Yoon Ji.”

GWSN recently made a comeback with the mini album “The Other Side of the Moon” and title track “Like It Hot.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473680wpp/gwsns-anne-cast-in-upcoming-action-film-with-jang-hyuk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, jongski said:

I thought it was a drama and I got sooooooo excited. I was gonna request @Prettysup or @azureblue7  to  create a thread... with a pretty please. But wait...... what new kdrama????

Is there a thread already for the new kdrama?

You referring to the Red Loyal Heart? That one will only start filming in 2022, it is too early to start a thread now. It will get archived if left inactive for too long.

18 minutes ago, janghaesoo said:

Quite a newbie, previously acted in 2 dramas. But they are fast, already updated the new movie in her profile.

https://mydramalist.com/people/22755-anne

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Quite a newbie, previously acted in 2 dramas. But they are fast, already updated the new movie in her profile.

https://mydramalist.com/people/22755-anne

I kinda wish the girl wasn't a teenager. I love seeing JH interact with smaller kids, like in Thank you and Robbers. With teenagers it's a bit uncomfortable since JH is so good looking... But since she is, I hope that she won't be as cutesy and peppy as the girl in The Swordsman...

I actually am concerned that it's the same director, since the characterization and interactions between characters were so bland in The Swordsman. Action we know he can do, but all the rest needs to be better...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually am concerned that it's the same director, since the characterization and interactions between characters were so bland in The Swordsman. Action we know he can do, but all the rest needs to be better...

This new movie is produced by Ascendio, the same company which produced 'Tomb of the River'. Apparently in an interview, one of company reps said that 'The Swordsman' made quite a good profit from the VOD market despite not doing very well at the box office. I guess they are banking on the same combination to deliver good results again.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I kinda wish the girl wasn't a teenager. I love seeing JH interact with smaller kids, like in Thank you and Robbers. With teenagers it's a bit uncomfortable since JH is so good looking... But since she is, I hope that she won't be as cutesy and peppy as the girl in The Swordsman...

Ya, miss his interaction with children. Like the girl in Robbers, the girl in TY, the girl in Flu. His interaction with his daughter in BPP was alright. Hahaha...are you worried the teenager might have a crush on this ahjusshi? Not impossible ya. Lol.

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the script is bland. Not much the Director can do to un bland it. :grimace:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

actually am concerned that it's the same director, since the characterization and interactions between characters were so bland in The Swordsman. Action we know he can do, but all the rest needs to be better...

Hopefully the storyline will be better since it is adapted  from a novel. So far I have only read good reviews on the novel. 

Here's the subs to the bts of FTLY Kitchen scene. 

:kiss_wink:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CP5OKM5D2RE/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Hopefully the storyline will be better since it is adapted  from a novel. So far I have only read good reviews on the novel. 

Yeah it is from a popular novel which has a few books in the Killer series. So far we have only seen its summary, we do not know how is the script.

• Like 1

Looks NOW the filming of the show is really over. A post from the chef coaching the actors. The caption translates into:

it's still airing
All recordings have been successfully completed.

over the past few months
Watching him grow little by little
I was very proud and happy
made a lot of good memories
@sangyeob Thank you to our yeob

Friends who gave me support and strength when I was lacking
thank you all
When you receive a fee
I'll take a big chin
I will remember a lot in my life
It was a special experience
in a world where we live together