Am I the only one who is annoyed with the fact that there is a new movie or show (I don't really know what) in which the ML is called Jang Hyuk? Now my JH search results are flooded with comments about that project... So annoying! <_< Here I guess they actually address that, but I don't know what they said...

• LOL 2

39 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Am I the only one who is annoyed with the fact that there is a new movie or show (I don't really know what) in which the ML is called Jang Hyuk? Now my JH search results are flooded with comments about that project... So annoying! <_< Here I guess they actually address that, but I don't know what they said...

The actor mentioned about it here.

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article?nsID=1362368

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

The actor mentioned about it here.

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article?nsID=1362368

This is what the tranlsation says:

"Regarding the part that took on the character of the same name as actor Jang Hyuk, Jang Ki-yong added a laugh, saying, "I can't do it without a ritual, but it's different."

What does that mean? :blink: Anyway, why didn't they just change the name?! So strange...

• LOL 2

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

"Regarding the part that took on the character of the same name as actor Jang Hyuk, Jang Ki-yong added a laugh, saying, "I can't do it without a ritual, but it's different."

What does that mean? :blink: Anyway, why didn't they just change the name?! So strange...

I may have remembered wrongly - memory isn't good these days. But JH also took the name JH from another actor right? Something similar story but I can't remember the exact. @Biology LessonI sent you a message. I've finished the drama.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I may have remembered wrongly - memory isn't good these days. But JH also took the name JH from another actor right? Something similar story but I can't remember the exact.

It was the name of his manager, if I'm not mistaken. 

18 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@Biology LessonI sent you a message. I've finished the drama.

:) I will try it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think he meant he can't help but be conscious about it but they are different.

Not just Jang Hyuk, I think 2 other names were celebrity names too. Bo young and one more. Maybe the scriptwriter loves the 3 of them.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I actually agree that JH needs to apologize to LSY on this. As I said before, it was clear that LSY was the only one who put any effort or thought into what they did every week. JH was too busy with his hot dog obsession, and pancake failure from the sailing show, to learn anything else. CTH put even less effort into the show. Both JH and CTH just relied on LSY to win, and that wasn't fair. Of course, the fact that the footballer is clearly a far more experienced and accomplished cook than any of them didn't help...  Stupid show...

Edited by serenilmauve
Don’t quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Thank you for the translation! I always wondered what they are saying... JH soft replied and gentle humor, always makes me wish I understood Korean...

It surprised that JNR chose a JH scene as her favorite, and I was also surprised by the scene. From what I read, most viewers had a problem with that scene, as it was so crazy. but I kinda understand why they chose it as JH expressed in it so many emotions, and even though it was exaggerated for comedic effect, he did manage to covey real sorrow and pain in it...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

JH about DRT and Han Sukkyu's acting, translated by Jane...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPvaq_BlpEd/

JH, as usual, being humble and appreciative. It's interesting cause a friend of mine is currently watching DRT, and only today she told me that the king came across as weak to her during that scene. I actually agree with her- the king wasn't very impressive to me in that show. It's interesting that JH as an actor sees it differently... My friend also wasn't very impressed with the acting of the actress...  However, to my surprise, she actually loved JH's acting in the show! She was really impressed by him...  :DIt was a surprise to me since even I wasn't impressed by his acting in that show. In the case of DRT, to me- the most impressive part was the story line. I thought the acting was weak across the board in that show... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Biology Lesson His attitude towards acting is amazing. He is always evolving because of it, always learning, observing and learning from others constantly. Its interesting how our taste can vary greatly from person to person but also, from time to time our own appreciation for things may change. DRT was my first exposure to JH and I was very impressed by him although now in comparison with his other works I can see the “flaws” in his performance and how OTT it was at times but Im still fond of Ddolbock for being my first and there were some scenes where I still think he was brilliant. His emotions felt very sincere to me even despite the OTT bits. About the king, I actually think that scene is the highlight of his performance. I found that scene of the prince’s death one of the most memorable in the drama. I cried so much. But interestingly I went and followed JHs career and not HSK. There was something about JHs energy that just hooked me (but I think I fell deeper after Chuno) After watching the show with no “bias” is when I realized that people made comparisons between the actors. At the time I simply enjoyed their interactions. I felt they made a good team (acting wise and character wise) and I felt the overly dramatic tone was intentional and part of the style of historicals so I had no issue with it but later, on rewatch, I had all those (comparison) comments in my head and so the drama is a bit “ruined” for me now. I can’t fully get immersed anymore. Still, I love and appreciate JHs humble approach to acting. Very admirable. I hope your friend continues watching JH other works where he gets to shine more!

@azureblue7 Jang Nara’s imitation of Lee Gun’s laugh is adorable :heart4: Thank you for posting those clips!  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson His attitude towards acting is amazing. He is always evolving because of it, always learning, observing and learning from others constantly. Its interesting how our taste can vary greatly from person to person but also, from time to time our own appreciation for things may change. DRT was my first exposure to JH and I was very impressed by him although now in comparison with his other works I can see the “flaws” in his performance and how OTT it was at times but Im still fond of Ddolbock for being my first and there were some scenes where I still think he was brilliant. His emotions felt very sincere to me even despite the OTT bits. About the king, I actually think that scene is the highlight of his performance. I found that scene of the prince’s death one of the most memorable in the drama. I cried so much. But interestingly I went and followed JHs career and not HSK. There was something about JHs energy that just hooked me (but I think I fell deeper after Chuno) After watching the show with no “bias” is when I realized that people made comparisons between the actors. At the time I simply enjoyed their interactions. I felt they made a good team (acting wise and character wise) and I felt the overly dramatic tone was intentional and part of the style of historicals so I had no issue with it but later, on rewatch, I had all those (comparison) comments in my head and so the drama is a bit “ruined” for me now. I can’t fully get immersed anymore.

DRT was my third JH drama, I think. I remember when I first watched I was disappointed his role was smaller in comparison, but the story really gripped me, so I ended up loving the show. But now, when I tried to rewatch it, I couldn't get over the annoying child actor that played the younger version of JH's character (very shouty... :) ) and all the flying around in the action scenes. I tried skipping to JH's part, but it wasn't enough to make me continue watching, so I dropped it for now. It feels like in the years before FTLY, JH was experimenting a lot with his acting. Sometimes he missed, sometime he hit. It feels like after FLTY that his acting stabilized, though he did still had the occasional miss (Gebonga!!!!!) :D

It's indeed interesting how people are different in their taste. I guess I can say that HSK acted his character well, but the person he ended up portraying came across as bland to me. like my friend I also thought the king was weak as a result. I remember being somewhat baffled by his relatively large role in show, and this is when I still didn't consider myself a JH fan... People often speak about JH's charisma, so I guess that it what grabbed me at the time...

Still, I love and appreciate JHs humble approach to acting. Very admirable. I hope your friend continues watching JH other works where he gets to shine more!

Oh, my friend has already seen quite a few of JH shows. It's funny cause when we spoke about DRT, she mentioned, all on her own, how she was more fascinated by the mentions of the king's father, than the king himself, which made me react with glee! :D I told her that next I'm gonna give her a show about the father, and she couldn't wait! What a great setup for her to watch BW in  My Country! And I didn't even plan it!:hwaiting2:

Edit- Cool- Jane posted the scene in question- 

• Like 3

On 6/4/2021 at 7:41 PM, Biology Lesson said:

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

DRT was my third JH drama, I think. I remember when I first watched I was disappointed his role was smaller in comparison, but the story really gripped me, so I ended up loving the show. But now, when I tried to rewatch it, I couldn't get over the annoying child actor that played the younger version of JH's character (very shouty... :) ) and all the flying around in the action scenes.

Haha I do noticed that you get annoyed quite frequently lol...

• LOL 1

48 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha I do noticed that you get annoyed quite frequently lol...

Well, when annoying stuff happens... Why- the young actor in DRT wasn't annoying? :P Also, right now if you try to search JH's name on twitter, it's flooded with results talking about the movie, and looks like the JH in the movie is not a nice guy, so many of the comments about this "JH" are negative... 

• LOL 2