2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Some comments below the post

I'm a big fan of shining or crazy / volcano go / real man, etc.

Wow, I've been a huge fan of Chuno, Iris and so on since I was a volcano, and I should have chased you. 

Oh, what is this? Take me with you!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

JH is feeling comfortable now with his team- of course he will be singing, and not half bad! :) And also- his wonderful laughter!! :hwaiting2:I love this clip!! 

Yea, I feel that he's enjoying his friend's company too. Enjoying his meal

And relaxing...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Wow! He really LOVES singing and goofing around lol SO CUTE!!!!!

Do you recognize that fellow singing and laughing? Doesn't he remind you of Lee gun?! :D The more I see of the real JH, the more I realize how similar he is to LG- the sweetness, the kindness, the wackiness and goofiness, how much he cares for others and never seems to take offence... Also- the way he tosses bags and sleeping bags is suspiciously reminiscent of the way LG clears a room... :hwaiting2:The only difference is that JH has plenty of friends and is an introvert while LG is an extrovert...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Looks like he really wants to be another melo. Maybe still waiting for a good script.

I'm trying to think of a good movie or show that I know that would be considered a melo, to be remade for JH- All I can think of is Braveheart... 

I'm guessing what he wants is a show that will allow him to delve into the emotions of his character, and his character to experiences hardships and growth... Thinking about it- There was a show called The Guardian that I loved. The lead character in this show was fantastic, really complex...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I know I’ve said this before but Gumi told me before that to koreans “melo” means “romance that is not a rom com”. Its not “melodrama” as we may assume, but, Im asking Jane to have another opinion or version. Hopefully she’ll answer back. 

You mean Melo doesn't have to be sad and filled with tears? Do you have an example for such a movie or a show? Something American or English that I could recognize :) 

The show that I suggested has a  Romance without being a Rom com. But it's more than a romance, it is about the growth of the lead... This is something I love seeing JH portray

The thing is we know that JH doesn't really like doing romantic scenes, so I'm guessing he's more about the emotions, and less about the romance...

Speaking of which- this is clip from the BTS of IRIS II was posted, showing another time in which JH was uncomfortable doing a kiss scene, and I'm truly baffled- why was he so embarrassed this time, considering he already did so many kiss scenes with LDH in Robbers and Chuno? I wonder if it has to do to the scenes themselves feeling very fake to me and unnatural. Unlike Robbers where the relationship felt real, here it's... not.  Maybe this is why JH was so uncomfortable...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPMxXXHHuPo/

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Biology Lesson Jane hasn’t answered me yet and I didn’t want to bug Gumi cause I ask her the same question many times and I keep forgetting the exact answer :P but I guess I will again

However, Im inclined to think melo may mean “romance” to them as in romance genre because remember how Wok of love, literal title was translated as either “Greasy melo” or “Greasy romance”? However, Im not 100% sure Im correct. I also noticed that Jane said “melo or rom com” is not her favorite genre and that made me think, does she mean they are understood as the same thing? Or is she saying “both” are not her favorite genre? 

BTW, can we start our MC “Bangwon watch” next week? The reason being that I got very busy this weekend but next week I’ll be on vacation so I’ll have plenty of time to watch and work on the blog 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Jane hasn’t answered me yet and I didn’t want to bug Gumi cause I ask her the same question many times and I keep forgetting the exact answer :P but I guess I will again

However, Im inclined to think melo may mean “romance” to them as in romance genre because remember how Wok of love, literal title was translated as either “Greasy melo” or “Greasy romance”? However, Im not 100% sure Im correct. I also noticed that Jane said “melo or rom com” is not her favorite genre and that made me think, does she mean they are understood as the same thing? Or is she saying “both” are not her favorite genre? 

I wish someone would just ask JH why he wants to do a melo! Or just give him a melo to act in, whatever a melo is! :D

18 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

BTW, can we start our MC “Bangwon watch” next week? The reason being that I got very busy this weekend but next week I’ll be on vacation so I’ll have plenty of time to watch and work on the blog 

Sure! Lets do it! Next week it is! :ok:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@Biology Lesson Ok, so, I said to Gumi: Hyukie mentioned again that he wants to do melo. Melo is romance right? And she said: Yes 

I think you are on the right track though about JH wanting to show deeper and possibly more delicate emotions. When I think of the movies he likes, although they are diverse, but for example that movie “In the mood for love”. That movie, Im not sure if you saw it, its beautiful visually but its mostly about longing, feelings, emotions, not too much about “what” happens or “why” it happens. It’s pure “feeling”. It’s like watching a painting in motion and the feelings it may evoke. Something like that.

And yes I 100% share the hope that he will unleash his creativity further than acting, he should write and/or direct something that will allow him to express all of that he wishes to. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Looks like he really wants to be another melo. Maybe still waiting for a good script.

Without this curtain hair ok - can? Hahaha! I would love for him to be a playboy at first until he meets the girl he likes. A rich playboy this time, he was poor in Robbers.

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

why was he so embarrassed this time, considering he already did so many kiss scenes with LDH in Robbers and Chuno? I wonder if it has to do to the scenes themselves feeling very fake to me and unnatural. Unlike Robbers where the relationship felt real, here it's... not.  Maybe this is why JH was so uncomfortable...

Maybe I'm wrong - don't bash me for saying this. But I've always had the impression that LDH likes him for real. Has a thing for him that kind of feeling. So maybe this can get pretty uncomfortable for both. Maybe he knows she likes him for real. Maybe it started after Robbers. IDK, I'm just guessing. It's difficult not to like him for real ya after 2 drama + a movie tog. Hahaha! 

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Is it just BW scenes? :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Without this curtain hair ok - can? Hahaha! I would love for him to be a playboy at first until he meets the girl he likes. A rich playboy this time, he was poor in Robbers.

Maybe I'm wrong - don't bash me for saying this. But I've always had the impression that LDH likes him for real. Has a thing for him that kind of feeling. So maybe this can get pretty uncomfortable for both. Maybe he knows she likes him for real. Maybe it started after Robbers. IDK, I'm just guessing. It's difficult not to like him for real ya after 2 drama + a movie tog. Hahaha! 

Oh, I think it's almost certain that LDH had a thing for him, but I think he knew about it in Robbers already. She kinda admitted to it while filming Robbers. After JH announced that he's going to get married, she was asked about it and she said that she felt betrayed, or something like that. She also said that following this she had trouble doing the more intimate scenes with him. I was kinda shocked that she was being so honest...

Also, during the filming of Chuno, since JH was already married, everyone were trying to ship her with OJH, the media, the fans, everyone. But she wouldn't stop talking about JH. So much so that OJH's fans were trying to find excuses to explain it away.

So since he already knew about it, why would it suddenly make him feel uncomfortable in the third show they did together?!

24 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Is it just BW scenes? :lol:

ONLY! :) 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I think it's almost certain that LDH had a thing for him, but I think he knew about it in Robbers already. She kinda admitted to it while filming Robbers. After JH announced that he's going to get married, she was asked about it and she said that she felt betrayed, or something like that.

Frankly I hope the translation isn't correct for the word betrayed. I had hope it was a different word in korean instead of betrayed. It's not like she & JH were an item & he married someone else, betraying her. Lol. 

She also said that following this she had trouble doing the more intimate scenes with him. I was kinda shocked that she was being so honest...

Isn't it like this? When we don't have romantic feelings for the other party, we can do "anything" together without being awkward. Even if we sit in close proximity also it felt natural. But once someone has a feeling towards the other person, it feels awkward even if just a glance.

ONLY! :) 

Yes I wished it's BW scenes only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Frankly I hope the translation isn't correct for the word betrayed. I had hope it was a different word in korean instead of betrayed. It's not like she & JH were an item & he married someone else, betraying her. Lol. 

Oh, that I can't say! :)  It might have been an issue of the translation. But from I read about LDH she tends to be a bit too open and upfront, so it's possible that she did actually said that... But I don't think she meant that he led her on or that she thought there was anything between them- I think she meant that the announcement came as a complete surprise to her, and that maybe she had some hopes... But that is also kinda strange since he had a baby first, but I don't know if the birth of the baby was publicized or not.

Isn't it like this? When we don't have romantic feelings for the other party, we can do "anything" together without being awkward. Even if we sit in close proximity also it felt natural. But once someone has a feeling towards the other person, it feels awkward even if just a glance.

I seriously don't understand how actors can do kiss and sex scenes together and then act like nothing happened, with feeling or without them. I remember watching the interviews the cast of Empire of lust gave, and I couldn't imagine how the lead actress felt, having to do those scenes with ALL three guys, and then sit and act friendly with them. 

Also press cons for Innocent thing- It baffled me how you act friendly after filming those scenes... I guess I'm not an actress for a reason :P

BTW- do any of you know why did the actress that played the wife in Innocent thing not participate in the promotion of the movie? Her role in the movie was kinda big...

Yes I wished it's BW scenes only.

• Like 2

I think she meant that the announcement came as a complete surprise to her, and that maybe she had some hopes... But that is also kinda strange since he had a baby first, but I don't know if the birth of the baby was publicized or not.

I think it dashed the hopes of many eligible women out there. Hahaha! Who would have guessed he would tie the knot quite soon after his military service & what more, his wife is someone he had dated for such a long time without the reporters getting wind of it.

I seriously don't understand how actors can do kiss and sex scenes together and then act like nothing happened, with feeling or without them. I remember watching the interviews the cast of Empire of lust gave, and I couldn't imagine how the lead actress felt, having to do those scenes with ALL three guys, and then sit and act friendly with them.

I guess you/me are not actress for these reasons. Lol. I did ask a friend long time ago (she was a model), that apart from the look & the shape of being a model, one has to have the guts to change infront of many people. One can have what it takes to be a model but if she can't strip to the minimum infront of people, she can't be a model as most of the time, changing clothes is done backstage.

BTW- do any of you know why did the actress that played the wife in Innocent thing not participate in the promotion of the movie? Her role in the movie was kinda big...

I thought she did. Not press conf but I think for some photo shoot. I remember seeing her in 1 of the shoots. Or was it the drama preview where KJK & CTH also were present. I thought it was "strange" that she wasn't asked to stand next to JH. Both her & the other actress should stand next to JH right? Afterall this movie was a mess between the ladies & him (hahaha)!

• Like 1