21 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, I hope not a wife! Established relationships are usually boring in shows, like in Bad papa. I want passion! So I hope whoever JH's character will be, general or not, I hope he will fall in love during the show... God, anything that will prevent the show from being all politics! 

@Ding77@Biology LessonNo, I don't mean that kind of romantic scenes with wife. You're not going to get that in k drama. We already don't get it in modern k drama, what more a historical k drama (hahaha)!

What I mean is, a woman who could support him in his work (ambition), someone he could talk to as his confidante, someone who could share his woes. More i want to see is the softer side of his character (be it a general or court official). So we could see what his character is experiencing - his inner struggles, etc....

Just like in MC when BW fan his sleeping daughter, that was a softer side of BW, only too bad that softer side of BW wasn't explored. Just that 1 miserable scene.

Without it, the drama might just be about politics.

I'm just going to fantasize here - if his character is a General, most of the time he would be wearing the armour suit with hair bun up (right)? If he's a Senior Court Official, he'll be wearing that long robe with that silly looking hat...which do you prefer? Hahaha....I prefer the armour suit.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Don't know if this is real, but this post suggests that JH's new show is planned to be aired on 4/4 next year... So plenty of time for JH to grow out his hair :) 

Both actors names are not in the pic actually, just the drama name and someone named Park Pil-joo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

@Ding77@Biology LessonNo, I don't mean that kind of romantic scenes with wife. You're not going to get that in k drama. We already don't get it in modern k drama, what more a historical k drama (hahaha)!

In FTLY we got passion, and I also liked the falling in love process in BM and in Robbers- that is, I trust JH to bring in the passion when need be :) 

What I mean is, a woman who could support him in his work (ambition), someone he could talk to as his confidante, someone who could share his woes. More i want to see is the softer side of his character (be it a general or court official). So we could see what his character is experiencing - his inner struggles, etc....

Just like in MC when BW fan his sleeping daughter, that was a softer side of BW, only too bad that softer side of BW wasn't explored. Just that 1 miserable scene.

Oh, I agree with that... The best scenario will be him starting as a hard man that is softened or made better through his relationship. That would be fun!

Without it, the drama might just be about politics.

I'm just going to fantasize here - if his character is a General, most of the time he would be wearing the armour suit with hair bun up (right)? If he's a Senior Court Official, he'll be wearing that long robe with that silly looking hat...which do you prefer? Hahaha....I prefer the armour suit.

Oh, for sure a general in this case :)... It's funny how desperately we're trying to imagine any twist on the premise of the show to prevent it from what the synopsis gave us- all politics! On the one hand I trust JH to give us an interesting character that will be beyond anything we can imagine, like he did in MC and TMWYS, I just hope that the script will be half as good as what JH will produce

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Both actors names are not in the pic actually, just the drama name and someone named Park Pil-joo?

Park pil joo is the name of the scriptwriter. But can't help but doubt that twitter account now. Whatever happened to "the sun never sets" and "unforgotten"?  Those were not in the news.. But the current historical drama was in Naver news. So I think it is likely to be true.  

By the way, I read sometime back on one naver blog that "The Child Who has to die" was holding auditions. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

In FTLY we got passion, and I also liked the falling in love process in BM and in Robbers- that is, I trust JH to bring in the passion when need be :) 

Oops! I misunderstood. I thought you meant bed scenes passion. Lol.

Oh, for sure a general in this case :)... It's funny how desperately we're trying to imagine any twist on the premise of the show to prevent it from what the synopsis gave us- all politics! On the one hand I trust JH to give us an interesting character that will be beyond anything we can imagine, like he did in MC and TMWYS, I just hope that the script will be half as good as what JH will produce

I don't doubt JH at all. But I doubt the script, the directing if anything. Let it not be just a political plot. I fully agree, MC was good & it would be better if it was just on BW. Hahaha! I can do without the rest of them. As for TMWYS, I abandoned the drama somewhere in the middle. Only to watch the ending.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Park pil joo is the name of the scriptwriter. But can't help but doubt that twitter account now. Whatever happened to "the sun never sets" and "unforgotten"?  Those were not in the news.. But the current historical drama was in Naver news. So I think it is likely to be true.  

By the way, I read sometime back on one naver blog that "The Child Who has to die" was holding auditions. 

Don’t blame that Twitter account, it just translated the info it got from Korean sources, eg the tables u see they posted. I see the same tables being posted by others who didn’t get info from this Twitter account.  These tables always put disclaimers that some are ‘unconfirmed’ schedules. 

Sun that never set charged its actor names, and Unforgotten was revealed to be fake source which I informed u guys earlier. Red Sincere Heart got into the news before these sources included it. 

Oh I thot they are going to start filming Child this week, so still holding auditions ah.. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oops! I misunderstood. I thought you meant bed scenes passion. Lol.

Oh, come on! I've been watching Kdramas long enough to know not to expect those... :D Though, again, FTLY was unusually passionate for a KDrama. Also, we saw that the whole "marriage going down the toilet" kdrama genre, like "VIP" and "The world of the married", has more passionate scenes in them... 

I don't doubt JH at all. But I doubt the script, the directing if anything.

Me too... How great it would be if JH would finally officially get involved in those aspects too?

Let it not be just a political plot. I fully agree, MC was good & it would be better if it was just on BW. Hahaha! I can do without the rest of them.

Me too. I am planning a rewatch of the show, leap jumping from one BW scene to the other :) 

As for TMWYS, I abandoned the drama somewhere in the middle. Only to watch the ending.

I completely understand that... The character OHJ is magnificent, but it felt like he was almost operating outside of the show. I think there is such a big mismatch between the show and the character because the shoot for MC got longer than expected, probably because BW was so good that they made his part bigger. The result of this was that JH didn't have enough time to sit with the production and tweak the script, so he did that on the fly, resulting in his character not matching anyone else in the show or the plot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Don’t blame that Twitter account, it just translated the info it got from Korean sources, eg the tables u see they posted. I see the same tables being posted by others who didn’t get info from this Twitter account.  These tables always put disclaimers that some are ‘unconfirmed’ schedules. 

Sun that never set charged its actor names, and Unforgotten was revealed to be fake source which I informed u guys earlier. Red Sincere Heart got into the news before these sources included it. 

Oh I thot they are going to start filming Child this week, so still holding auditions ah.. 

Yes, I'm surprised too. Maybe they started filming. But hold auditions for smaller roles?

Here the blog post from someone who went the audition.

https://m.blog.naver.com/dusrlwk2021/222357355320

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Me too... How great it would be if JH would finally officially get involved in those aspects too?

I hope the Director will give him free hand to explore his character but at the same time, rein him in a bit otherwise he might go overboard & end up like WOL.

Me too. I am planning a rewatch of the show, leap jumping from one BW scene to the other :) 

Me too. But it's so tedious just to look for BW scenes. Because the other guys got lots of screen time too. Just need to keep FF.

The result of this was that JH didn't have enough time to sit with the production and tweak the script, so he did that on the fly, resulting in his character not matching anyone else in the show or the plot.

Sorry ah, i know the drama is long over. But i couldn't continue because #1 I couldn't understand why he is grieving for so long. From what I understand with that 1 scene with his fiance, it's not like he was loving towards her. If anything, I thought he was cordial but at the same time distant towards her. I felt like there's a disconnection somewhere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I hope the Director will give him free hand to explore his character but at the same time, rein him in a bit otherwise he might go overboard & end up like WOL.

Completely agree. What I want more is for JH to have control over the plot, or rather of his character development.

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Me too. But it's so tedious just to look for BW scenes. Because the other guys got lots of screen time too. Just need to keep FF.

Sorry ah, i know the drama is long over. But i couldn't continue because #1 I couldn't understand why he is grieving for so long. From what I understand with that 1 scene with his fiance, it's not like he was loving towards her. If anything, I thought he was cordial but at the same time distant towards her. I felt like there's a disconnection somewhere.

This is the failure of this production- they didn't establish anything, they just asserted. It's their inability to show, not tell- we were being told that he loved her, but we weren't shown that. We didn't know why he loved her so much. It was clear no thought what-so-ever went into their relationship. The same goes to his background, his monetary situation, his recovery... So many things were left unaddressed. 

I actually thought it was way worse in Voice, where is was clear wasn't really a good husband and kinda dismissive of his wife, so his continuous rage felt contrived to me

• Like 3

This is from a post from Zoi. The translation from Japanese is always strange, so this is a little unclear, but looks like the book on which JH's new movie is based on is somewhat  humorous. As to the former hitman laying on his wife's a$$... I don't know if she meant that was humorous or what, I just hope that means the movie will have some passion in it- and this time @budgerie I do mean bed scenes :hwaiting2:

translation:

<assassin> Toka, <dead may be children> Toka, thriller if there whether and
I thought the scary But in the
first half, isn't there a lot of comical elements?
The former hitman Wigan seems to be laid on his wife's a$$ ... (laughs)

Well, I can roughly grasp the novel and I understand that it seems interesting, but
rewriting this popular novel into a movie script is Since I'm a director,
the key to success as a work is how to make it into a movie. 

https://1janghyuk.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-12445.html

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I just hope that means the movie will have some passion in it- and this time @budgerie I do mean bed scenes 

Hmm...the english translation is ......ahh, why is there a $$ sign there? I'm thinking his (onscreen) wife spends a lot of money in this movie & he kills her? Hahaha...there goes my imagination.

Oh, another thing about the new drama, I hope the team don't give him a clean look if he's going to war. You know, these days the newer generation of actors, they all look too clean IMO. Even after going for war, the face & hair still look as good as it should be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, budgerie said:

Hmm...the english translation is ......ahh, why is there a $$ sign there? I'm thinking his (onscreen) wife spends a lot of money in this movie & he kills her? Hahaha...there goes my imagination.

I added the $$- aren't bad words in Soompi changed to "richard simmons" automatically? I wanted to prevent that :) 

Oh, another thing about the new drama, I hope the team don't give him a clean look if he's going to war. You know, these days the newer generation of actors, they all look too clean IMO. Even after going for war, the face & hair still look as good as it should be.

According to what was posted, it looks like the hitman is actually afraid of his wife :) Which is why he does his best to save the girl

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I added the $$- aren't bad words in Soompi changed to "richard simmons" automatically? I wanted to prevent that 

Pardon my computer knowledge skills! I didn't even know you put the $$ (hahaha).

According to what was posted, it looks like the hitman is actually afraid of his wife :) Which is why he does his best to save the girl

Hey, this will be a good role ya. Pity it wasn't a drama. I would love to have JH play a henpecked husband role. What's got into me.

• LOL 2

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is from a post from Zoi. The translation from Japanese is always strange, so this is a little unclear, but looks like the book on which JH's new movie is based on is somewhat  humorous. As to the former hitman laying on his wife's a$$... I don't know if she meant that was humorous or what, I just hope that means the movie will have some passion in it- and this time @budgerie I do mean bed scenes 

I think the " laying on his wife's a$$: in Japanese means she wears the pants in the family. So the killer  is a hen-pecked husband. Hahaha!  This is going to be comical and yet a cool role. I love that! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

46 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think the " laying on his wife's a$$: in Japanese means she wears the pants in the family. So the killer  is a hen-pecked husband. Hahaha!  This is going to be comical and yet a cool role. I love that! 

Damn it! :smashes:That's a strange expression... :D

• LOL 3

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 Doesn’t the guy sound a little like the character in “The way of the househusband”? :P I hope our former assassin is badass and adorable (and beautiful)

I’m thinking of rewatching either Beautiful Mind or My Country or Robber but this time I want to do something with the rewatch. Like gifs or recaps or both. Something to give me a motivation to post on Stuck on Hyuk, our neglected little blog. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

11 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 Doesn’t the guy sound a little like the character in “The way of the househusband”? :P I hope our former assassin is badass and adorable (and beautiful)

I’m thinking of rewatching either Beautiful Mind or My Country or Robber but this time I want to do something with the rewatch. Like gifs or recaps or both. Something to give me a motivation to post on Stuck on Hyuk, our neglected little blog. 

Hahaha! I was thinking about that too!  Can totally imagine Hyuk in that role too.

Screenshot-20210520-202429-Instagram.jpg

wp8950304.png

• LOL 4