Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

You sure? Because I see that it's still raw...

Sorry. I didn’t click in to check last night. So still no eng sub then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally news of next project

 

Jang Hyuk made a screen comeback with the action movie "Child Who Can Die"...  Reunion with Swordsman's director

 

According to the movie industry on the 28th April, Jang Hyuk has recently decided to appear in movie "Child Who Can Die" and is in the midst of preparations. 'Child Who Can Die' is a film adaptation of a novel of the same name by Bang Jin-ho. The novel is the fourth installment in the "Killer Bang Yi-gang" series, which has a strong fan base.

 

"Child Who Can Die" is an action film about what happens when retired killer Bang Yi-gang takes care of a middle school girl. Ascendio, which invested and distributed "The Swordsman," will present it.

 

"The Swordsman," which was released in September last year, attracted only 190,000 viewers in theaters, but it succeeded in recording VOD sales similar to "God's Hand: Return to the House" by being watched more than 340,000 times through word of mouth as a strong action movie.

 

Rumor has it that Jang Hyuk is in the midst of preparations, working together with director Choi Jae-hoon to devise the actions in "Child Who Can Die" himself. "Child Who Can Die" is likely to draw considerable attention by combining the action of Jang Hyuk and Choi Jae-hoon in the original intense story.

 

"Child Who Can Die" is planning to start filming in the first half of this year after pre-production.

 

2021042811371948107_1.jpg

 

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021042811371948107

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Finally news of next project

 

Jang Hyuk made a screen comeback with the action movie "Child Who Can Die"...  Reunion with Swordsman's director

 

According to the movie industry on the 28th April, Jang Hyuk has recently decided to appear in movie "Child Who Can Die" and is in the midst of preparations. 'Child Who Can Die' is a film adaptation of a novel of the same name by Bang Jin-ho. The novel is the fourth installment in the "Killer Bang Yi-gang" series, which has a strong fan base.

 

"Child Who Can Die" is an action film about what happens when retired killer Bang Yi-gang takes care of a middle school girl. Ascendio, which invested and distributed "The Swordsman," will present it.

 

"The Swordsman," which was released in September last year, attracted only 190,000 viewers in theaters, but it succeeded in recording VOD sales similar to "God's Hand: Return to the House" by being watched more than 340,000 times through word of mouth as a strong action movie.

 

Rumor has it that Jang Hyuk is in the midst of preparations, working together with director Choi Jae-hoon to devise the actions in "Child Who Can Die" himself. "Child Who Can Die" is likely to draw considerable attention by combining the action of Jang Hyuk and Choi Jae-hoon in the original intense story.

 

"Child Who Can Die" is planning to start filming in the first half of this year after pre-production.

 

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021042811371948107

 

 

Finally!!! This sounds great!!!! I knew the success of The Swordsman would not go unnoticed!:wow1:So now it's a modern killer, no swords... And JH is working on devising the action- I wonder what will he come up with now...The only thing that I'm sad about- most probably, there won't be any romance...

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@azureblue7 But in Taken they took his daughter, doesn’t it sound like The Professional and didn’t The Swordsman sound like those too? I guess the director wants to continue on the same vein

 

My hope for this movie is 

 

1.- That the action is as neat as in The Swordsman and even more so. Maybe even a bit more bloody, but not bloody just for the sake of being shocking, something that feels real enough where it allows you to feel the angst. That was the charm of The Swordsman. 

 

2.- That the main characters evoke feelings 

 

3.- Im not expecting an amazing plot but something a bit less predictable than The Swordsman 

 

4.- That JH looks as beautiful as in The Swordsman or even more so. Maybe like in Tell me what you saw. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 But in Taken they took his daughter, doesn’t it sound like The Professional and didn’t The Swordsman sound like those too? I guess the director wants to continue on the same vein

 

My hope for this movie is 

 

1.- That the action is as neat as in The Swordsman and even more so. Maybe even a bit more bloody, but not bloody just for the sake of being shocking, something that feels real enough where it allows you to feel the angst. That was the charm of The Swordsman. 

 

2.- That the main characters evoke feelings 

 

3.- Im not expecting an amazing plot but something a bit less predictable than The Swordsman 

 

4.- That JH looks as beautiful as in The Swordsman or even more so. Maybe like in Tell me what you saw. 

Yeah, I want no. 4 too. Now I'm curious about his hair next . Haha!

:approves:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 But in Taken they took his daughter, doesn’t it sound like The Professional and didn’t The Swordsman sound like those too? I guess the director wants to continue on the same vein

 

My hope for this movie is 

 

1.- That the action is as neat as in The Swordsman and even more so. Maybe even a bit more bloody, but not bloody just for the sake of being shocking, something that feels real enough where it allows you to feel the angst. That was the charm of The Swordsman. 

 

2.- That the main characters evoke feelings 

 

3.- Im not expecting an amazing plot but something a bit less predictable than The Swordsman 

 

4.- That JH looks as beautiful as in The Swordsman or even more so. Maybe like in Tell me what you saw. 

Isn't it funny that before The Swordsman came out we really didn't like JH's look in it, but after the movie was released we love it? :) His look is so distinct and dramatic! Love it!

 

Agree with everything. I will add another hopeful wish-

5- that the actress playing the girl will not be so cutesy like the girl in The Swordsman. I hope she will be fleshed out like the girls in "The phantom detective" (a really cool movie, by the way)

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to some source, filming of this new movie will take place from June- Sept 2021.

All the cast have been fixed and official announcements will be made progressively. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

According to some source, filming of this new movie will take place from June- Sept 2021.

All the cast have been fixed and official announcements will be made progressively. 

Is that why there's only one exclusive report about the movie on Naver? Can't wait to see more reports soon!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, kohnlee said:

And the title of the movie is errrr 

“A child who can die” 

 

The official English title for the novel is  'A Kid Deserves To Die' - i wonder why..

Anyway he is a killer (or rather, a retired one)

 

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Is that why there's only one exclusive report about the movie on Naver? Can't wait to see more reports soon!

 

I was wondering about that too

 

 

15 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I found a site where you can read the preview of the novel!!

 

https://pre.bookcube.com/preview_epub.php?book_num=200205178&page=buy

 

Ah, thanks! Translation :

 

Book introduction


Where can I find a middle school girl?
A child who deserves to die.
Infinite Action Thriller with Bang Yi-gang!


# The Killer Became Nanny

 

Retired killer, Bang yi-gang's only joy of life is spending time with his wife. Then suddenly a middle school girl who had to be taken care of out of appeared from nowhere. As the wife went on a trip with her friend, there was an unprecedented situation in which she left her friend's child with Bang yi-gang!

 

# The past of Bang Yi-gang revealed

 

Being involved with students naturally reminds them of their past. The problem is not only there, but also there is a bizarre incident in which traces of the past pop out and aim for the life of Bang Yi-gang. Where the sword is too close for words.

 

# Is there a child who can die ?

"Where can I find a middle school girl? A child who deserves to die."
"What do you mean, a kid who deserves to die?”
"Just kidding."
"Don't make such a joke. Because it's creepy."
Was it really a joke? Who's a child who can die?


# Characters

Bang Yi-gang: A former killer, also known as a 'writer'. Now making ends meet in the real estate rental business.
Kim Yoon-ji: A middle school girl entrusted by his wife's divorced friend 
Lee Yong-ho: A detective who dresses up nicely.
Choi Yi-sae: A retired detective.
Spotted: Middle School Alumni of Bang Yi-gang. He is now CEO Yang, who leads the gang.
Kim Cheol-soo: Human trash that buys sex for young students
Jang Kang-soon: Representative of FYM, a tax corporation that manages the building of Bang Yi-gang

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 But in Taken they took his daughter, doesn’t it sound like The Professional and didn’t The Swordsman sound like those too? I guess the director wants to continue on the same vein

 

My hope for this movie is 

 

1.- That the action is as neat as in The Swordsman and even more so. Maybe even a bit more bloody, but not bloody just for the sake of being shocking, something that feels real enough where it allows you to feel the angst. That was the charm of The Swordsman. 

 

2.- That the main characters evoke feelings 

 

3.- Im not expecting an amazing plot but something a bit less predictable than The Swordsman 

 

4.- That JH looks as beautiful as in The Swordsman or even more so. Maybe like in Tell me what you saw. 

I immediately thought of "The Professional". Middle school in Korea is a kid or a teenager? 

I wish I could read the book, maybe there is an english version.

 

This is so going to be a masterpiece, can't wait!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

 

The official English title for the novel is  'A Kid Deserves To Die' - i wonder why..

Anyway he is a killer (or rather, a retired one)

 

 

I was wondering about that too

 

 

 

Ah, thanks! Translation :

 

Book introduction


Where can I find a middle school girl?
A child who deserves to die.
Infinite Action Thriller with Bang Yi-gang!


# The Killer Became Nanny

 

Retired killer, Bang yi-gang's only joy of life is spending time with his wife. Then suddenly a middle school girl who had to be taken care of out of appeared from nowhere. As the wife went on a trip with her friend, there was an unprecedented situation in which she left her friend's child with Bang yi-gang!

 

# The past of Bang Yi-gang revealed

 

Being involved with students naturally reminds them of their past. The problem is not only there, but also there is a bizarre incident in which traces of the past pop out and aim for the life of Bang Yi-gang. Where the sword is too close for words.

 

# Is there a child who can die ?

"Where can I find a middle school girl? A child who deserves to die."
"What do you mean, a kid who deserves to die?”
"Just kidding."
"Don't make such a joke. Because it's creepy."
Was it really a joke? Who's a child who can die?


# Characters

Bang Yi-gang: A former killer, also known as a 'writer'. Now making ends meet in the real estate rental business.
Kim Yoon-ji: A middle school girl entrusted by his wife's divorced friend 
Lee Yong-ho: A detective who dresses up nicely.
Choi Yi-sae: A retired detective.
Spotted: Middle School Alumni of Bang Yi-gang. He is now CEO Yang, who leads the gang.
Kim Cheol-soo: Human trash that buys sex for young students
Jang Kang-soon: Representative of FYM, a tax corporation that manages the building of a room lecture.

Am I the only one confused by the plot? it could be just the translation... So, let me get this straight- The wife of the killer leaves him to babysit a 16yrs old? And that makes him remember a strange incident in which someone was looking for a girl exactly that age to just kill?! I am completely confused...:blink:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - upcoming movies 'Tomb of the River’ and 'A Kid Deserves To Die'

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..