1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess it's a matter of definition :) JH is a strange combination of graceful and clumsy. We also have the thing of him rushing to do something before he thinks, like climbing the tree without looking around first. The thing is that his movements change between when he has experience with what he is making (hot dogs) and when he doesn't (pretty much everything else). That's all I'm hoping- that he gets to practice cooking techniques...

There is a c actor, his wife said, in acting or when he's at work, either being a Director or an Actor, he's very professional, talented, dedicated & knowledgeable. But when it comes to real life, he's zero. Could JH also is like this? :lol:I know of men who are very good at their work but in the home, terrible! Like don't know where things are around the house & the wife will complain. Lol.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Exactly! That's why I can't stand most Kdramas...

There really isn't any good drama (of late). I mean for my liking. Tried watching The Sword & The Brocade (C drama). ML & FL are so bland in their acting. IDK is it the story is bland or is it the acting is bland.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, budgerie said:

There is a c actor, his wife said, in acting or when he's at work, either being a Director or an Actor, he's very professional, talented, dedicated & knowledgeable. But when it comes to real life, he's zero. Could JH also is like this? :lol:I know of men who are very good at their work but in the home, terrible! Like don't know where things are around the house & the wife will complain. Lol.

Well, we do know that he helps clean... And he said that he makes breakfast for the kids, toasts and eggs I guess. So he's not a "zero". :)  I can say that most of my female friends that are married do all of the cooking. To the extent of my knowledge their husbands never cook anything. Maybe barbeque, but nothing beyond that. My brother in law can cook, but he usually doesn't, except when it's something complicated involving meat... And usually- those women take pride in that. So it looks like JH is at the very least more helpful than the husbands of my friends... :D

32 minutes ago, budgerie said:

There really isn't any good drama (of late). I mean for my liking. Tried watching The Sword & The Brocade (C drama). ML & FL are so bland in their acting. IDK is it the story is bland or is it the acting is bland.

As for me I've started watching anime for the first time in my life- and I have to say, I very impressed! Have seen some very good animes recently....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess it's a matter of definition :) JH is a strange combination of graceful and clumsy. We also have the thing of him rushing to do something before he thinks, like climbing the tree without looking around first. The thing is that his movements change between when he has experience with what he is making (hot dogs) and when he doesn't (pretty much everything else). That's all I'm hoping- that he gets to practice cooking techniques...

At any rate- do you guys think he finished filming this show by now?

U mean the cooking show? I think they had just started filming it. It should be a live-filmed type.

• Like 3

This is a twitter mystery- I noticed this post from a few days ago. It was a posted by an account that has very few followers, so I don't think this post is being artificially promoted, but for some reason it is getting thousand of "likes" and "retweets" with very nice comments about JH, and I wonder why. JH is not even tagged in this post, but this tweet is getting a lot of exposure... Also- it's clear that many of the commenters haven't even seen JH in recent years, so these pics come as a surprise to them... 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

46 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson So, Lee Sang Yeob can indeed cook! Ugh! Im kinda annoyed that JH will be the only “black hole” in this 

let’s hope there’s a black hole on the other team too 

I think the baseball player also doesn't know how to cook... but yes, I also hoped JH will not be again the "black hole". <_< Now, I only hope not to get too annoyed like I was in Hometown Flex...

Looks like Minho's fans are still angry :grimace:, I don't think they will be very pleased with tomorrow's episode either, considering the preview-

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 4

20 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

I also saw Lovestruck In the City and wasn't impress either.  I know it's a drama, but a lot of it was unnecessary.

Oh. Thanks for the heads-up. I liked Ji Chang Wook and Kim Ji Won in two previous projects and was wondering if I should check it out. This saves me the time :yaaa:

19 hours ago, budgerie said:

Really wondering if he's going into variety shows because he has no drama offer or has he switched his passion to variety show. Also, in variety show, he tends to rope in his friends. Could also be he's "helping" his friend(s) to get some recognition too?

Maybe a little "off" topic here, but just want to share with you that I've been watching the "Matchmaking" chinese variety for some years now. Over the years, I could see the "shift" in the women priorities. That's perfectly fine as everyone of us (men or women) are entitled to our own priorities. But what I cannot stand it is, when the girl was asked what would she look for in a man? Her reply is : he must buy me gifts everyday, he must coax me everyday, if we quarrel, he must be the first to apologise even if he's not in the wrong.

I'm really wondering if this is the result of too much REEL & fantasy in drama? Hahaha!

I was wondering about this too. That the pandemic hit up the industry pretty bad and rather than be idle, he's accepting variety shows more while (hopefully) the right script comes along.

17 hours ago, yoeda said:

On the contrary, I couldn't help but agreed with the last point. lol. There's a popular opinion here "woman/wife always right". So, if you want a happy family and marriage even you're right you just need to agreed with her. haha. It kinda a popular running joke but sometime it can be true in life. We woman was so complex. 

I totally agree with this but I think this line should come from the man/husband. In the interview that @budgerie was mentioning, it felt like purely a sense of entitlement from the girl so I kinda pity the guy she'll date/marry with her (skewed?) expectations.

On a different note, I explored my 3rd c-drama (as a respite after being heartbroken with Chuno) and was quite surprised with how much I liked it, so much  so that it's among my favorite romance dramas now. I jumped in without knowing the plot, CGI is horrible too, but the story and how it unfolds and the chemistry of the leads made it an unforgettable watch for me. Apparently, the Chinese community was dissing the lead guy at first for not being "pretty enough" for the role but his phenomenal acting won them over. I wish JH would consider and accept a swoony project like this too, I want tides of fangirls for him so his older gems would be rediscovered. :yay:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think the baseball player also doesn't know how to cook... but yes, I also hoped JH will not be again the "black hole". <_< Now, I only hope not to get too annoyed like I was in Hometown Flex...

Looks like Minho's fans are still angry :grimace:, I don't think they will be very pleased with tomorrow's episode either, considering the preview-

And they didn't show Daniel making the yuzu drink even though it was shown in their preview too.

Guess the camera and editing team  might be Hyuk fans. They like to follow him a lot and zoom in on his face.:lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

And they didn't show Daniel making the yuzu drink even though it was shown in their preview too.

I wondered what happened with that sequence! I thought I missed something... Did Daniel's fans comment about that missing part?

Guess the camera and editing team  might be Hyuk fans. They like to follow him a lot and zoom in on his face.:lol: 

It's just that his face is so expressive... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Just now, Biology Lesson said:

I wondered what happened with that sequence! I thought I missed something... Did Daniel's fans comment about that missing part?

It's just that his face is so expressive... 

I think they have been talking about it too.

I subbed one more clip for Sumi's lodge

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Guess the camera and editing team  might be Hyuk fans. They like to follow him a lot and zoom in on his face. 

Well, he has the prettiest face, gotta admit that fact now, don't they? :hwaiting2:

• LOL 3

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:
8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think they have been talking about it too.

I subbed one more clip for Sumi's lodge

To think that he has donated/supported Ongals so much. So astounding. This does not yet include the acting gigs that he introduces his friends to take part of. I’m sure he knows they need the exposure and the income as well, and he always thinks of his friends who are in need. 

what more can one ask for in a friend? JH is truly the epitome of a great person. It’s not wonder he has forged such strong relationships with people who come into his life. So proud to be a fan of Hyukie!!!

:cries:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Could it be Hyuk pumped in money for this show too? Like as a producer or co producer?

On a different note, I explored my 3rd c-drama (as a respite after being heartbroken with Chuno) and was quite surprised with how much I liked it,

Hey, any good recommendation?

Haha! The way he imitates his wife..

Woah, so nice to hear his daughter is very obedient.

But enlighten me, if you're familiar with korean cuisine. Why needs to cook 4x if he's eating? I mean, wife could cook more just 1x. So if anyone is familiar with k food...this is where I'm confused.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

But enlighten me, if you're familiar with korean cuisine. Why needs to cook 4x if he's eating? I mean, wife could cook more just 1x. So if anyone is familiar with k food...this is where I'm confused.

what I understand is that their children are still young so she has to cook foods that suits for children 3 meals a day. 

if he gonna eat she has to cook a different dish which will be too tiring for her. 

but I am also confused that doesn't she cook for herself? then he can eat the same as her. and the sons are already 14 and 13 years old. so they can eat like mom and dad. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1